Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Mister Kingdom posted:

The site is back up!!

e: Well, mostly. The forums are still down, but the files page is up.

Yes indeed, got in there and got the RT for Revenge of the Sith and Spider-Man, along with two shorts. It's only about :10bux:, what the hell, should help them pay for some new server hardware. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Watching the restored/colorized version of The Little Shop of Horrors. The movie is filled with horrible stereotypes and the acting is way over the top.

Sample exchange:

Seymour: "But I gotta keep a little blood for myself or I'll be in worse shape than Mom."

Mike: "You'd have to die and partially rot to be worse than Mom."

Edit:

After a scene in a detective's office:

Kevin: "It's like Dragnet with gay actors."

Mike: "So, Fagnet, then?"

Kevin/Bill: "MIKE!"

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 7, 2009

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Hey guys, remember when Mike and the guys did Raiders, and everyone thought they did an awesome job with a perfect movie?

Holy gently caress.

Rifftrax posted:

Just speak the word "jaws" to anyone and their pulse quickens, the hair on the back of their neck stands up as a dim memory rises to the surface of their consciousness - a memory of the first time they saw Murray Hamilton. Most likely it was in an episode of B.J. and the Bear, or perhaps The F.B.I with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., but if not that, then his turn as the sartorially resplendent, gravelly voiced mayor of Amity in Jaws, the movie that made a generation of people afraid to go into the water (they were justifiably terrified of getting a skin disease from coming in contact with Quint's run-off.) Yes, long before blockbusters like Spider-Man 2, Shrek the Third, or Garden State there was Jaws, the story of small town mayor Larry Vaughn (played by the magnificent Murray Hamilton) and his quest to find the perfect jacket to wear while resisting the whining of Richard Dreyfuss. There is also a shark.

Mike, Bill and Kevin cruise the movie like a large squalus grabbing it with their powerful - oh, what's the word for it... mandibles - then, a little shakin', a little tenderizin', and down it goes.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Hey guys, remember when Mike and the guys did Raiders, and everyone thought they did an awesome job with a perfect movie?

Holy gently caress.

<-- :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

If the latter 75% of the movie is not composed of them heaping praise upon and singing hosannas to Harbor Master Frank J. Silva, I will be so disappointed.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Holy gently caress.

I'm going to have to get this one.

Side note: the wife and I downloaded and watched Troll 2 recently, and they had me rolling for the whole thing. I definitely recommend it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Holy gently caress.

gently caress yes I'm glad they're done doing three riffer versions of movies that Mike's already done.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Gaseous Snake posted:

gently caress yes I'm glad they're done doing three riffer versions of movies that Mike's already done.

Agreed, but Missile to the Moon had Fred Willard as the guest riffer and he, well, left much to be desired. I've never found him funny.

Savantegarde
May 28, 2006

That was a stupid thing to say. And you're stupid for saying it.
Jesus, it has felt like rifftrax and this thread have been in moratorium forever.

Good to see some new stuff being produced

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New Riffshort:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

muscles like this? posted:

New Riffshort:

I'm downloading it now. I'll let you guys know how it is after I watch it later tonight.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
While we're on the topic of shorts, someone tell me up front if any of the others even come close to topping One Got Fat. I've bought a few others and they've mostly been middle-of-the-road.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Behonkiss posted:

While we're on the topic of shorts, someone tell me up front if any of the others even come close to topping One Got Fat. I've bought a few others and they've mostly been middle-of-the-road.

I really liked "Drugs Are Like That". I just finished watching "Playing Together", and really liked it. The first 2 thirds were pretty funny, and I laughed out loud a few times, but towards the end, it became hilarious.

We also watched "Why Vandalism?" which wasn't as good. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't quite as funny as the others mentioned in this post.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Behonkiss posted:

I think my favorite shorts are Act Your Age, Overcoming Fear (mainly for the dog bits) and The Terrible Truth.

I also agree that this new one is really good.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Down and Out is also incredible.

On the other side of the coin, the most banal ones imo are Coffee House and Christmas Toyshop.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The correct answer for best short is "Safety: Harm Hides at Home". If only for the hi-larious ELP bit.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Why Doesn't Cathy Eat Breakfast is a good one, and it's only 4 minutes long!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Just finished Jaws.

Good, but not great. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

More quiet spots than usual for a Rifftrax.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

$20 is a lot of stuff from them.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New Cinematic Titanic on the 19th:

Blood of the Vampires.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Payday's looking pretty nice right about now.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

I just made a clean sweep of everything they have (from the original three, anyway) that I didn't already own. :v: I would have bought the pre-synced video versions for all the titles where it was offered, but the movies are all the awful Legend colorization jobs. I don't want to see Carnival of Souls or House on Haunted Hill looking like someone vomited crayolas all over them, dammit!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Do the feature length VOD stuff have DRM or not? I know the shorts don't but used to.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Do the feature length VOD stuff have DRM or not? I know the shorts don't but used to.

Nope. I usually get the full video (if I don't already own the original movie) and burn it to a DVD. You buy it, it's all yours.

Some of the shorts were DivX, but they've pretty much abandoned that.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Coming this week:

Since Mike had already done this for Legend Films, it should be available as a regular Riff (MP3) or as a VOD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The three riffer version of Reefer Madness is pretty good. My favorite joke in it was Bill's line of "That's right stoned guy watching this at home, everyone can hear the music but you."

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The three riffer version of Reefer Madness is pretty good. My favorite joke in it was Bill's line of "That's right stoned guy watching this at home, everyone can hear the music but you."

I wish I had brought that with me. It's such a funny movie on its own but the commentary multiplies the comedy tenfold.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has some good parts but the short just kind of peters out at the end.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
God I hope next week is Twilight.

God if any movie has it coming, it's loving Twilight.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just got into these after being lazy for years and holy poo poo do these rule. My roommates like them better than MST3K a bit because they can actually understand the references.

300 is probably my favorite, but the best line has to be the Eggo line from Batman and Robin. My body went legit numb from laughing so hard.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

http://twitter.com/rifftrax posted:

What if we told you we'd soon be riffing an angsty tween vampire movie that rhymes with "skylight?" (And no, it's not Buffy.)

:dance:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its really weird but they did two Riffshorts this week.

"Your Chance to Live" and "Understanding Ideals"

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Wiseblood posted:

:dance:

I will purchase a copy of Twilight just for that rifftrax. I swear to God.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Gaseous Snake posted:

I will purchase a copy of Twilight just for that rifftrax. I swear to God.

I swear, the things I'll do for Rifftrax. I'll have to rent this atrocity.

But, if I'll rent Britney Spears' Crossroads, I'll rent anything.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 28, 2009

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got around to buying and downloading the Happening. This is hilarious.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Gaseous Snake posted:

I got around to buying and downloading the Happening. This is hilarious.

Haaaht dahgs.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Behonkiss posted:

Haaaht dahgs.

Would you like a lemon drink?

Lemon drink. Really?

Who the gently caress calls it lemon drink? Did Shyamalan attend the George Lucas School of Scriptwriting?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
What the gently caress is with the lack of new Rifftrax lately? Is it so much to ask for a movie every once in a while?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Alexandr posted:

What the gently caress is with the lack of new Rifftrax lately? Is it so much to ask for a movie every once in a while?

You eyein' my lemon drink?

But seriously I would love to see them do the other Harry Potter movies...love to see them destroy those.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

But seriously I would love to see them do the other Harry Potter movies...love to see them destroy those.

My girlfriend loves the movies, the Rifftrax'd versions as well.

Well, I've got a bath to avoid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savantegarde
May 28, 2006

That was a stupid thing to say. And you're stupid for saying it.

Alexandr posted:

Honestly, the last one they did was like a month ago (jaws) and that one wasn't very good.

But they said they are doing twilight soon, I haven't seen the movie (mostly because I'm not a thirteen year old girl) but from what I hear its pretty bad, so it ought to excite those who only enjoy the riffs to bad movies, and I cannot wait.

• Locked thread