Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

scare posted:

is there some kind of price guide for Marvel statues?
I've got an old art asylum silver surfer, and i've heard it's out of production, just curious to see if it's worth anything

I've just checked what ebay prices for the items are really. I have an old Bowen Logan statue that I check for price that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Just pre-ordered the Hot Toys Iron Man Mk.III. Anybody else waiting for this one to be distributed?

Mine shipped today from Sideshow.

scare
Nov 25, 2002

The Rage posted:

I've just checked what ebay prices for the items are really. I have an old Bowen Logan statue that I check for price that way.

i tried that. Looked up what some of my old Palisades resident evil figures were going for, and was floored.
apparently i'm the only person in the world that didn't realize they were worth anything.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

profbobo posted:

Cant wait for pictures, you take some really good shots. :)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shocker Toys Indie Spotlight update: I got an e-mail the other day saying shipping was delayed because they didn't have enough boxes, which is just adding insult to injury at this point, but then I got one today from paypal that said my items had shipped.

I think with all the delays a lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that they're a shady company, but my guess is they're just in way over their heads with this line and probably all hyperventilating about it on a daily basis...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Picked up these two bad boys today. Destro is SUPER reflective, like mirror like quality. A shame they didn't do the same for Cobra Commander. The box for Destro is awesome too cause it's all reflective as well. These are boxes to keep!

Also while at the comic store I saw some variants on the Watchmen figures. Rorschach without the mask and a semi-translucent Dr.Manhattan. ALMOST picked em up but im not too big a fan.

EDIT: SHINY!!

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 11, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

A Manhattan figure with pants? No thanks

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I think with all the delays a lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that they're a shady company, but my guess is they're just in way over their heads with this line and probably all hyperventilating about it on a daily basis...

I think they want to be awesome, but they really have no idea what they're doing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I saw the new Terminator figs today at KMart. They are absolute poo poo. If you had any hope that these would look OK, I'm truly sorry.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Joe Fisto posted:

I saw the new Terminator figs today at KMart. They are absolute poo poo. If you had any hope that these would look OK, I'm truly sorry.

Huh, they weren't supposed to be out until April 19, they must have let them be released early. Did they have all of the sizes or just one type of scale?

I'll probably pick up a few of the 6" T-1's, T-700's and T-600's, and maybe the Harvester when it comes out depending on how big it is. I'll go check my local K-mart tommorow to see if they have 'em, maybe I'll get lucky...

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 12, 2009

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jace Madan posted:

Huh, they aren't supposed to be out until April 19, someone must not have read the street date on the box when putting them out. Did they have all of the sizes or just one type of scale?

I'll probably pick up a few of the 6" T-700's and T-600's, and maybe the Harvester depending on how big it is. I'll go check my local K-mart tommorow to see if they have 'em, maybe I'll get lucky...

I just saw the 6 inch line. They also had a Endoskeleton helmet and arm you could buy to play dress up.

Here are some out of package pics of these things. They really are awful.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

I just saw the 6 inch line. They also had a Endoskeleton helmet and arm you could buy to play dress up.

Here are some out of package pics of these things. They really are awful.

Thanks for the link. Man the 3 3/4" ones look REALLY bad. The 6" robots could definitely be alot better, but I'm sure I'll still pick up a few Endo's, they look decent enough and could be cool custom fodder.

Hopefully they will go on clearance by the end of summer and I'll just get a whole army worth of them then.

Thank god NECA is re-releasing the T-800 Endo along with their new Arnie figures this summer so we can have a proper and accurate 7" scale figure available again.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 12, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The T-1 looks kinda cool, but man is that T-600 one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Shocker Toys Indie Spotlight update: I got an e-mail the other day saying shipping was delayed because they didn't have enough boxes, which is just adding insult to injury at this point, but then I got one today from paypal that said my items had shipped.

I think "in way over their heads" is Shocker Toys' mission statement. Oh, and also "completely loving incompetent and probably a scam."

I'm excited for Scud figures as much as the next guy, but this is a joke that's going on three years for the punchline now. Rob loving Liefeld was able to make Youngblood action figures that actually existed, and he's barely able to tie his own shoes.

If I were you, I would seriously consider asking for my money back. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but there's definitely a pattern of this bullshit from these guys and I would rather never have a Scud action figure than have one made by a bunch of schmucks who make nothing but prototypes and promises.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

The T-1 looks kinda cool, but man is that T-600 one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Fuckin makes me think of the T2 toys from back in the day. I think the one I had of the T-800 had like, 4 joints. However the 7 inch t-800 endoskeleton that Cult Classics put out a few years ago is awesome, I still love that figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liberal Idiot posted:

I think "in way over their heads" is Shocker Toys' mission statement. Oh, and also "completely loving incompetent and probably a scam."

I'm excited for Scud figures as much as the next guy, but this is a joke that's going on three years for the punchline now. Rob loving Liefeld was able to make Youngblood action figures that actually existed, and he's barely able to tie his own shoes.

If I were you, I would seriously consider asking for my money back. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but there's definitely a pattern of this bullshit from these guys and I would rather never have a Scud action figure than have one made by a bunch of schmucks who make nothing but prototypes and promises.

Did you catch my post a few months back about how Shocker sent emails to hundreds of retailers asking for them to carry Shocker toys under the guise of a potential customer?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Did you catch my post a few months back about how Shocker sent emails to hundreds of retailers asking for them to carry Shocker toys under the guise of a potential customer?

I missed that. That's pretty great. The last Shocker thread on fwoosh read
like this:

Shocker: "Hay guys check out my new stuff"
Fwoosh: "Cool I doubt we'll ever see it (repeat x 100)
Shocker: CLOSE THIS THREAD I CAN'T HANDLE IT

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

z0rschach posted:

I missed that. That's pretty great. The last Shocker thread on fwoosh read
like this:

Shocker: "Hay guys check out my new stuff"
Fwoosh: "Cool I doubt we'll ever see it (repeat x 100)
Shocker: CLOSE THIS THREAD I CAN'T HANDLE IT

The best part is someone on the CBIA caught them, realized the guy sending the email worked for Shocker and told the forum about it. So many of us took it upon ourselves to write responses to the effect of "We're not carrying them because they look like total poo poo." The dude responded with "well you've lost a potential custome, good job!" When I emailed back that I knew who he worked for he never responded.

scare
Nov 25, 2002
Did that Shocker Strangers in Paradise Katchoo ever get released?

I'm gave up following them a few years back.
between her and the Tick, it's all i want.
and the way they seem to be going, i'm going to be 90 by the time they release a Francine.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Didn't see any Terminator figures, but I saw the new Star Trek movie figures today. Wal-Mart had the 3 3/4" and the 6" ones. The 3 3/4" ones look like absolute crap, they seem really tiny (especially their heads) when compared to Star Wars figures.

The 6" ones were okay, but they really lacked detail, and they still had way too large of a texure on their shirts, making them look like sweaters or something. Plus, they seem to have major production problems, pretty much every figure I saw had paint slop, black specks and smears on the faces, and other noticable defects. Either way, no way in hell were they worth $9. What a waste.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, that was classic stuff. If that company spent half the time and effort it does in marketing on actually making toys, they wouldn't be so pathetic.

scare posted:

Did that Shocker Strangers in Paradise Katchoo ever get released?

No. Shocker leads the industry in unpainted prototypes, however.

Splint Chesthair fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 12, 2009

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jace Madan posted:

Didn't see any Terminator figures, but I saw the new Star Trek movie figures today. Wal-Mart had the 3 3/4" and the 6" ones. The 3 3/4" ones look like absolute crap, they seem really tiny (especially their heads) when compared to Star Wars figures.

The 6" ones were okay, but they really lacked detail, and they still had way too large of a texure on their shirts, making them look like sweaters or something. Plus, they seem to have major production problems, pretty much every figure I saw had paint slop, black specks and smears on the faces, and other noticable defects. Either way, no way in hell were they worth $9. What a waste.

They aren't made by Art Asylum are they?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

They aren't made by Art Asylum are they?

No, these were the brand new Playmates ones for the new film. Playmates is making both the Trminator: Salvation, and the Star Trek movie figures.

It would have been awesome if Art Asylum/DST would have gotten the rights to do them, I love their 7" scale stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jace Madan posted:

No, these were the brand new Playmates ones for the new film. Playmates is making both the Trminator: Salvation, and the Star Trek movie figures.

It would have been awesome if Art Asylum/DST would have gotten the rights to do them, I love their 7" scale stuff.

That explains why they suck. AA made the best Trek toys pretty much ever. Playmates stuff was great back in the day but it doesn't measure up to AA's line.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I thought it was funny when Shocker went on the Image forums telling people to come to some con they were going to be at because Kirkman was going to be making a big announcement with Shocker toys.

Needless to say Kirkman read the thread and said while he respected the fact they are trying to make toys he didn't appreciate the fact they made it sound like Kirkman was going to have one of his properties made into a toy from his company ... and then went on to say his toys look like poo poo and he would never hire Shocker to do any type of merchandise for any of his properties.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

profbobo posted:

poo poo, really? BBTS hasn't sent me an email yet. Do they usually run a little slow?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Colonel Whitey posted:

poo poo, really? BBTS hasn't sent me an email yet. Do they usually run a little slow?

Usually, about a week or so from what ive seen.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So there hasn't really been a lot of discussion of the DC Universe Classics figures recently, why is that? I expected with people like the Flash and such in the lineup now that there would be at least some people collecting them. Given that you guys seem willing to spend money on the 3 3/4" Marvel figures I know you're not just all snobs about only buying top quality expensive figures.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Satsuki posted:

I thought it was funny when Shocker went on the Image forums telling people to come to some con they were going to be at because Kirkman was going to be making a big announcement with Shocker toys.

Needless to say Kirkman read the thread and said while he respected the fact they are trying to make toys he didn't appreciate the fact they made it sound like Kirkman was going to have one of his properties made into a toy from his company ... and then went on to say his toys look like poo poo and he would never hire Shocker to do any type of merchandise for any of his properties.

Oh that is just loving stellar. Never change, Shocker Toyz.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

bgaesop posted:

So there hasn't really been a lot of discussion of the DC Universe Classics figures recently, why is that? I expected with people like the Flash and such in the lineup now that there would be at least some people collecting them. Given that you guys seem willing to spend money on the 3 3/4" Marvel figures I know you're not just all snobs about only buying top quality expensive figures.

I try not to think about it too much because 75% of the figures never show up in this area. My poor Grundy build-a-fig will never be complete.

Series Six's Killer Moth is surprisingly awesome. There's something bizarrely appealing about his preposterous costume.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

funtax posted:

I try not to think about it too much because 75% of the figures never show up in this area. My poor Grundy build-a-fig will never be complete.

Series Six's Killer Moth is surprisingly awesome. There's something bizarrely appealing about his preposterous costume.

Don't feel bad, my Grundy will be missing a arm for all time I have a feeling. I really need to get some Despero legs one of these days to mod my Bane. Doubt I'll ever get those though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Djarum posted:

Don't feel bad, my Grundy will be missing a arm for all time I have a feeling. I really need to get some Despero legs one of these days to mod my Bane. Doubt I'll ever get those though.

You need leg? I got leg! Right leg!

FirstCongoWar
Aug 21, 2002

It feels so 80's or early 90's to be political.

bgaesop posted:

I've been sort of wondering about this too. I figured there'd be at least one person who wanted the Atom Smasher legs I'm trying to get rid of, but no takers (come on, they're free!).

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joe Fisto posted:

You need leg? I got leg! Right leg!

I need both of them. Hopefully I shall have a new job here soon so I can afford the couple of things I have had to put off due to no funds. I got a ton of customs is various states of completeness due to me just having no money.

I'll put this out again, if anyone has a X2 Cyclops/Wolverine/Iceman body that they wouldn't mind letting go of I would be eternally grateful. They all basically look like this.

I really, really should have bought a couple when they were 3 bucks on clearance. I have had 2 customs waiting for me to find another one of these.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

FirstCongoWar posted:

I've been sort of wondering about this too. I figured there'd be at least one person who wanted the Atom Smasher legs I'm trying to get rid of, but no takers (come on, they're free!).

I JUST found BB the other day (only DC figure I've ever SEEN at wal mart and it was the one I wanted, SWOON) and I have the same problem. No one wants my right leg, and I dont want to buy aquaman, barda, kid flash, etc and build him myself!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Missing Barda and Kid Flash :/
I do have a complete set of DCUC 5 now too but I had to get them without the Metallo parts so the hunt continues!

scare
Nov 25, 2002
is that DCUC revision wave out yet?
I need a batman!
and is flash rare? I'm having a real hard time finding him...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Saw Batman and Shazam from the reissue wave with stands at my Walmart, so yeah they're out.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
Bought a Batman with stand so it is out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

scare posted:

is that DCUC revision wave out yet?
I need a batman!
and is flash rare? I'm having a real hard time finding him...

I saw a bunch of them a couple of weeks ago, but that entire wave has now vanished and been replaced by two figures from the PREVIOUS wave (Mullet Superman and Mister Miracle).