Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Flyinglemur posted:

You eyein' my lemon drink?

But seriously I would love to see them do the other Harry Potter movies...love to see them destroy those.

That and finish the Star Wars/Star Trek movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alexandr posted:

What the gently caress is with the lack of new Rifftrax lately? Is it so much to ask for a movie every once in a while?

They've been churning out new Riffshorts. Seriously, they've done like 5 in the last two weeks.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

muscles like this? posted:

They've been churning out new Riffshorts. Seriously, they've done like 5 in the last two weeks.

Not to mention the "Three Riffer" versions of Mike's Legend Films releases.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Not to mention the "Three Riffer" versions of Mike's Legend Films releases.

Personally I prefer the big-budget releases over the shorts, and overall I prefer the newer movies. I know a lot of people disagree but hey.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I haven't watched any of the other Legend film riffs but the Reefer Madness one is great.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Personally I prefer the big-budget releases over the shorts, and overall I prefer the newer movies. I know a lot of people disagree but hey.

A lot of people want Rifftrax to be more like MST3K and do crappy low-budget stuff. The problem there is getting your hands on them.

Let Cinematic Titanic handle those movies.

Hell, I'd like to see them do Blade Runner or the Godfather series.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Hell, I'd like to see them do Blade Runner or the Godfather series.

These two ideas are extremely good. I have always thought that they are both overrated.

It seems to me that they are having the exact opposite problem that they had with MST3k. Back then, they could only do certain unknown movies and had to stay away from the big-budget films due to licensing issues on television and what-not. Now, they can only do the big name movies because only a few people are going to have a DVD of some random crappy horror movie from the 50s sitting around. Furthermore, I don't think that entire open domain movies sell as well as individual riffs.

Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005
Just watched Firewall&riff. Holy gently caress did Harrison Ford phone that one in.

They did a good job.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm still holding out for Red Dawn. I mean they did Roadhouse and Point Break, how do they not do Red Dawn? Red Dawn has a scene which prominently features Patrick Swayze's snot bubbles, come on!

some day.....

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm still holding out for Red Dawn. I mean they did Roadhouse and Point Break, how do they not do Red Dawn? Red Dawn has a scene which prominently features Patrick Swayze's snot bubbles, come on!

some day.....

There is some hope.

From a December 2007 interview:

Mike Nelson posted:

Well, my favorites don’t necessarily tend to be other peoples’ favorites, that’s the way it kind of works. I really love all the movies from the 80s. I would love to do Red Dawn, and we did Road House, which is one of my favorites–I love those, but I’m from that era, so I don’t think people like them quite as much as I do.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The next Rifftrax is...

Empire Strikes Back with Mike, Kelvin, Bill, and Chad Vader again. Hopefully Chad says more then two lines this time.

oh ok
Oct 11, 2004

Alternate... universe... Shauna... fails... BECHAMEL TEST.

(Passim)

Rirse posted:

The next Rifftrax is...

Empire Strikes Back with Mike, Kelvin, Bill, and Chad Vader again. Hopefully Chad says more then two lines this time.

What happened to Twilight?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oh ok posted:

What happened to Twilight?

Hopefully they're trying to get Robert Pattinson (the star of Twilight) to sit in on the Riff considering his attitude towards the film and his insane commentary.

Here are some examples.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0waUnDNVYc&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsgA99_ycBI&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejdWcV-CD80&feature=related

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Rirse posted:

The next Rifftrax is...

I was hoping for Goblet of Fire but this is just as good.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Rirse posted:

The next Rifftrax is...

I'm digging the frozen George Lucas.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 1, 2014

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I was wondering what happened to Rifftrax Presents.

Well, it's back: Die Hard w/Mathew J. Elliot.

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

muscles like this? posted:

Hopefully they're trying to get Robert Pattinson (the star of Twilight) to sit in on the Riff considering his attitude towards the film and his insane commentary.

Here are some examples.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0waUnDNVYc&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsgA99_ycBI&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejdWcV-CD80&feature=related

hahaha thats perfect

I just bought the Die Hard commentary. Will report back later

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Oh snap, I didn't realize that Chad was going to be there. Awesome!

Savantegarde
May 28, 2006

That was a stupid thing to say. And you're stupid for saying it.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I was wondering what happened to Rifftrax Presents.

Well, it's back: Die Hard w/Mathew J. Elliot.
Fantastic. Gonna pick this up immediately.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahaha, just watched the recent Riffshort about carnivorous plants and finally got the answer to how carnivorous plants work when they're just plants. The answer? GOD DID IT.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 1, 2014

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPi4FeH4dx4

Release on 4/21!!!

®
Nov 20, 2002

Rirse posted:

The next Rifftrax is...

Ha!!!! I almost bought that "Darth Vader sculpting a Death Star out of snow" statuette thingy a few Christmases ago. That thing is awesome!

Swanky
Nov 23, 2004
Watch out! He has a book!
I still rate all Rifftrax on a scale of "0" to "Space Mutiny", however, some of the newer Riffs like "X2" and "The Happening" came pretty close. I really hope Twilight is good, considering about 20% of the film is the main actress ogling the vampire with the eyebrows like he's a basket of fries she's been waiting 45 minutes for.

Lareous
Feb 19, 2008

I skimmed the thread so I might have missed it but if you guys liked the MST3K Style of things (especially near the end) ICWXP would be right up your alley.

http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/incognito-cinema-warriors-xp/icwxp-bloody-pit-horror-w-short-talking-car-vod

If the clip doesn't sell you their website will, they have several shorts on there.

As far as Rifftrax goes, I would love for them to do some more "Saw" movies or even B horrors, those are so easy to make fun of. Dracula 3000 is one of the first to come to mind.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

Wiseblood posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPi4FeH4dx4

Release on 4/21!!!

My university for whatever reason is showing this movie outdoors in a Drive-in theatre setup on the 24th.

It's going to take every ounce of my being not to broadcast this Rifftrax through my FM transmitter at maximum volume.

SeedyV fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 15, 2009

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So it's weird when you buy movies for the Rifftrax that goes along with it. Tonight I might be watching Predator, coincidently. Whenever I buy a Rifftrax I tend to buy a short with it now. Basically I was hoping someone could just shoot off a random suggestion. I already have Are You Popular?, Drugs Are Like That, Good Health Practices, and Trouble With Women.

So, the Predator track is only Mike, but it should still be comedy gold, right?

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

IUG posted:

So it's weird when you buy movies for the Rifftrax that goes along with it. Tonight I might be watching Predator, coincidently. Whenever I buy a Rifftrax I tend to buy a short with it now. Basically I was hoping someone could just shoot off a random suggestion. I already have Are You Popular?, Drugs Are Like That, Good Health Practices, and Trouble With Women.

Three words. One Got Fat.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

IUG posted:

Yeah, it's pretty good.

Have you tried Road House?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mobo85 posted:

Three words. One Got Fat.

The new one Carnivorous Plants is great as well as Your Chance to Live. Although I think the two shorts that I've laughed hardest at were probably Playing Together and Overcoming Fear. For Overcoming Fear it was mostly the scenes with the dogs. "Oh my god, dogs can do that? Now I'm frightened of dogs."

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think my favorite short is Why Won't Cathy Eat Brekfast/Petaluma Chicken. The chicken one in particular.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I like the one with Bob Crane about being Patriotic.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

IUG posted:

I thought Predator had Kevin too?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

IUG posted:

I love it but then again I've watched the original movie about two dozen times already. You get great lines from the movie mixed with great lines from the RiffTrax. I don't think they've released one RiffTrax where the movie itself was good that the RiffTrax sucked so bad it wasn't worth watching it that way every time.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there any easy way to add a Rifftrax MP3 to a DVD I ripped into an AVI? I'd really like to show my friends Road House but all I have is the file I ripped.

I bought Overcoming Fear tonight. Great stuff.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Captain Charisma posted:

Is there any easy way to add a Rifftrax MP3 to a DVD I ripped into an AVI? I'd really like to show my friends Road House but all I have is the file I ripped.

Off the top of my head I would try ripping the avi audio into a wav or mp3 (forget what program), then you can mix the tracks with Audacity, then use virtualdub to add your new mixed audio file to the video.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Captain Charisma posted:

If you still have the DVD, try the handy-dandy Rifftrax DVD making guide:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,413.0.html

I've done every Rifftrax with this guide and it's amazingly simple. The only real work is syncing up the audio track with the Rifftrax in Audacity (and that might take 5-10 minutes). For about 95% of the ones I've done, once you line up the first sync line, the rest fall into place with rarely more than a quarter of a second difference.

There are a few that require Muxman over IfoEdit for various reasons.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
For those who like their intended RiffTrax movies in the MP4 format, I followed the basics laid forth in this guide, except that when it came time to mix the RiffTrax'ed audio back into the MP4 movie file, I substituted YAMB for the AVI-Mux Gui listed in the guide. Works like a charm. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New short - "You and Your Family" is available.

I love these 50s shorts. I wonder if they looked as ridiculous then as they do now.

• Locked thread