Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scare
Nov 25, 2002
well if anyone comes across a Batman and wants to help a poor collector from Canadaland that'll never find one let me know.

i have toys to trade for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
I haven't wanted to clog up the boards with my custom crap lately, so I'll post the myspace page I made with some albums:

http://www.myspace.com/467057669

I plan on a making another "New" Deadpool in the next week or so, with some more refined techniques (have a dremel now!). I've had quite a bit of success on Ebay (outside of getting people to actually pay), so it's been kind of fun. Other than the Deadpool, I'm giving Namorita a shot and from there I'll see where it goes.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

You guys are lucky, I still haven't seen wave 7 anywhere. I'd really like that Barda.

I hope wave 8 isn't hard to find, there's way too much awesome. Especially since Gentleman Ghost comes with an inch tall Atom.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Donde Esta posted:

I haven't wanted to clog up the boards with my custom crap lately, so I'll post the myspace page I made with some albums:

http://www.myspace.com/467057669

I plan on a making another "New" Deadpool in the next week or so, with some more refined techniques (have a dremel now!). I've had quite a bit of success on Ebay (outside of getting people to actually pay), so it's been kind of fun. Other than the Deadpool, I'm giving Namorita a shot and from there I'll see where it goes.

Those all look really cool. You should set up a Flickr or something just to show them off. It'll be easier to browse and link on eBay.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Paper Triangle posted:

Those all look really cool. You should set up a Flickr or something just to show them off. It'll be easier to browse and link on eBay.

Can you add things like that to ebay? I've been trying to find a way to make an ebay template and link pictures without being charged out the arse on Ebay.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

What did you use for your yellow on zoom? I've never had any luck with that color.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

z0rschach posted:

What did you use for your yellow on zoom? I've never had any luck with that color.

Games Workshop Sunburst Yellow; it gets even better with more layers, but I wanted kind of a rippled/defined/speedforce look (didn't turn out as hoped, but oh well) and I already had to strip it once because I layered it up too much and clogged the joints. He looked stellar the first time, but DCUCs can't seem to handle that much paint. A good, thin, white base coat with Sunburst probably would have worked even better.

Also, thanks for the tip PaperT, I found an amazing template builder which showed me how to directly link pictures in the auction for free with my own logo and stuff. It looks top notch and will totally save me almost 50 cents every auction.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Could I also get this template :D

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

http://www.robshelp2.com/Builder/Startup.htm?nogz

Click Launch Builder, pick a template, alter some things and keep checking preview to see what changes, and play with it until you get what you like.

Once you get something you like, in the preview window up top it gives you various instructions as to how to get the code for what you're using.

There's a slight learning curve to it, but at max took me an hour to make something I really like.

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?
I've been buying the hell out of DCUC lately. Picked up a New Gods 2-Pack over the weekend(Might go back for Batgirl/Azrael and Hal/Abin-Sur) and I've got most of the Atom Smasher wave coming to me in the post sometime this week(Except Aquaman, already got one. Anyone got his BAF part?).

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
The Toys R Us my roommate works at just got a shipment of the Atom Smasher set, plus a Batman without a series number. I'm going by after work to grab a Flash/Kid Flash, but there are also a few Bardas available if anyone wants them.

Does anyone know what the Batman fig's deal is? Apparently he doesn't have pictures of the rest of the wave on the back of the box. Is he chase?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paper Triangle posted:

The Toys R Us my roommate works at just got a shipment of the Atom Smasher set, plus a Batman without a series number. I'm going by after work to grab a Flash/Kid Flash, but there are also a few Bardas available if anyone wants them.

Does anyone know what the Batman fig's deal is? Apparently he doesn't have pictures of the rest of the wave on the back of the box. Is he chase?

I think he's part of the update wave. Diamond has him, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Firestorm and a few others available individually.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah I think it's an effort to keep core Justice League-type dudes visible on shelves. They're going to keep them in circulation in a separate wave without a BAF part, they just come with little stands.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
That makes sense. Thanks to both of you. If I see any more figs at TRU tonight I'll let everyone know.

scare
Nov 25, 2002
My Tru actually has the DC two packs for 24.99.
I really want that Orion, but i have no use of Lightray.
I want batgirl, but have no use for Az.
the cyborg superman/mongul pack seems pretty good.

here in Canada this whole line has been impossible to find for under $30.00 in comic shops.

the singles showed up and we skipped everything else and started with the Kalibak wave.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
All that's still available at my TRU is two Bardas, a Kid Flash, and a Batman. If anyone wants I can pick them up tonight.

Also if anyone wants the BAF parts that come with Flash and Kid Flash I'll give them away if you pay shipping. I just don't care about Atom Smasher.

scare
Nov 25, 2002
i need a bats, and a barda if she's the version with the helmet...

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Hells yeah

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

scare posted:

i need a bats, and a barda if she's the version with the helmet...

I'll check tonight and let you know which is which.

scare
Nov 25, 2002

Paper Triangle posted:

I'll check tonight and let you know which is which.

awesome.

i've got a bunch of junk in the SA mart thread to trade, or i'll buy them.
I don't have paypal though, it'd have to be a MO.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I feel so bad for whomever bought version 1 of the HT Joker, since the new version comes with a whole extra suit.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Fish Of Doom posted:

I feel so bad for whomever bought version 1 of the HT Joker, since the new version comes with a whole extra suit.

I bought both previous versions and didn't feel bad about preordering this third, especially since it's cheaper than either of the first two.

KieronGFarrell posted:

Hells yeah
Ah drat, I need that.

Bazooka Tooth
Nov 18, 2004
Rockin it, rockin it, clippership rockin it be the little guinea pig dig?

profbobo posted:

I bought both previous versions and didn't feel bad about preordering this third, especially since it's cheaper than either of the first two.

Ah drat, I need that.

Grimlock also looks pretty swell with the server tray and bow tie chillin on the desk to bring you a nice spritzer.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

scare posted:

awesome.

i've got a bunch of junk in the SA mart thread to trade, or i'll buy them.
I don't have paypal though, it'd have to be a MO.

I'm sorry to disappoint but I got there last night and the few figures that had been there were gone. I'll let you know if anything else turns up.

scare
Nov 25, 2002
ok, no problem.
thanks for trying.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
BBTS is listing Shocker's Indie Spotlight figs as IN STOCK.

I'm scared.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

BBTS is listing Shocker's Indie Spotlight figs as IN STOCK.

I'm scared.

I just saw a big red portal on the horizon

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I finally got the newest wave of marvel Muggs. I don't have anything bad to say about any of them. Phoenix is neat because she has a good and an evil face. Her hair piece is huge and heavy.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
I went on a massive DCU buying spree a couple months back and got some various build a toy pieces if anyone wants them. Just shoot me a pm and I'll try to hook you up. What I got:
Two Gorilla Grodd Left arms
Kalibak's Right foot
Kalibak's Left arm with mace
Atom Smasher Left leg
Solomon Grundy's Right leg
Blue Beetle unopened (paint job is a little off) with Atom Smasher right leg
Captain Cold unopened with Atom Smasher head and lower torso.

edit: Shoot, I need platinum for pm's. Well just message me in this thread I guess. The problem with Blue Beetle's paint job is that one of the antennae on his face mask isn't completely painted black, I'm sure just a little dab of paint can fix it though.

Premeditated Toast fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 16, 2009

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
We're actually not allowed to do that in this thread, but just go here and the effect is the same.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
My apologies, thanks :)

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Mike Crawford did his Terminator figure review, and man these really are goofy looking figures:

Click here for the full 500x753 image.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Joe Fisto posted:

I finally got the newest wave of marvel Muggs. I don't have anything bad to say about any of them. Phoenix is neat because she has a good and an evil face. Her hair piece is huge and heavy.

How does that work exactly? Removable Hair and a face on both sides of her head? Hope I'm actually able to find that wave here. The only reason I got a Galactus and a Surfer is because a friend spotted them and called me up asking if I wanted them.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

Mike Crawford did his Terminator figure review, and man these really are goofy looking figures:

Are those braces or a robo-stache?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

I can't wait to pick up the 6" figures, I think they're hilarious in a "classic 90s toys" sort of way. I really want the T-1, T-600, T-700, T-800, and the Aerial HK vehicle.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

How are you guys displaying your Muggs? I've got like 30 of them, and I'm out of space. Some sort of shelf would be preferred, but a case would work, too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I wonder how the "paint ops" are on that terminator.
God I hate that phrase.
And trade guy, yea, put your stuff in that thread it keeps this one less cluttered.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

z0rschach posted:

I wonder how the "paint ops" are on that terminator.
God I hate that phrase.
And trade guy, yea, put your stuff in that thread it keeps this one less cluttered.
I always heard it as "paint apps", like, "paint applications". :confused:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Mugendai posted:

How does that work exactly? Removable Hair and a face on both sides of her head? Hope I'm actually able to find that wave here. The only reason I got a Galactus and a Surfer is because a friend spotted them and called me up asking if I wanted them.

That's exactly how it works. I had to buy this wave online. So far there have been no retail (wak-mart, target..) sightings of these guys.

Bob Cthulhu posted:

How are you guys displaying your Muggs? I've got like 30 of them, and I'm out of space. Some sort of shelf would be preferred, but a case would work, too.

I made myself some 2-tier wall shelves.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

I always heard it as "paint apps", like, "paint applications". :confused:

Yea it should be and not ops. It's a huge pet peeve of mine and I should probably stop getting mad at dolls.