Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

mutt2jeff posted:

Were you there? I was in that melee somewhere. The GF has some nice quality side footage that really shows the number, and not just dust after the first few, but she hasn't printed it to dvd for me yet.

Nah I did the D100 two years ago, it was alright, but my bike really wasn't setup for the insane amount of rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

38 degrees is a little chilly to be riding. Not THAT bad though.

Anyway, we went and dug my uncles Big Dog out his garage. He tried starting it last week, wouldn't start. So we brought the jump start thing, and were prepared to pull the tank and drain the gas...

Fuel petcock was on off. Retard.

Anyway, it was kind of neat, I took it for a short spin. The low bars make it feel weird, the 230 rear tire wasn't as hard to turn in as I thought it would be.... And that 107" S&S motor has so much more of a presence than my 1200. The vibration wasn't bad at all, either. Definitely has more balls than my Sportster. It was the first hardtail that I rode, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, probably because of the massive rear tire.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
My bike is now officially back together and on the road!

:black101:

The "new" rear fender. Chopped the original and fitted a new taillight!

Valfar fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 16, 2009

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

Valfar posted:

KTM

Awesome bike, the graphics are a bit WOW to me but to each their own. The tail light looks great. I'm thinking about putting a DRC edge on my DRZ as well.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Bob Morales posted:

38 degrees is a little chilly to be riding. Not THAT bad though.

Anyway, we went and dug my uncles Big Dog out his garage. He tried starting it last week, wouldn't start. So we brought the jump start thing, and were prepared to pull the tank and drain the gas...

Fuel petcock was on off. Retard.

Anyway, it was kind of neat, I took it for a short spin. The low bars make it feel weird, the 230 rear tire wasn't as hard to turn in as I thought it would be.... And that 107" S&S motor has so much more of a presence than my 1200. The vibration wasn't bad at all, either. Definitely has more balls than my Sportster. It was the first hardtail that I rode, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, probably because of the massive rear tire.

I'm pretty positive that isn't a hard tail. Most likely it has a rear shock setup like harley soft tails.

Yeah Bull Dog only has a couple of models that are actually rigids. The rest have softail style hidden shocks.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.

cmorrow001 posted:

Awesome bike, the graphics are a bit WOW to me but to each their own. The tail light looks great. I'm thinking about putting a DRC edge on my DRZ as well.
Haha yeah I feel like I went a bit overboard when I chose the graphics :P
The DRC Edge is a huge improvement over the original DRZ rear end, so I'd say go for it! They don't make one for mine, so I had to hack into it and make it fit, but it turned out pretty drat good if you ask me!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ducati is doing demo days by me so I took the day off work and rode a 898, Monster 696 and a Hypermotard 1100S. I'm going back Saturday morning to ride it and the regular 1100 again.

A completely tricked out 1100s even!

Out of all 3, the 1100S was the most fun and the bike I'm lusting after right now. The monster was very comfortable and the power was awesome, the 898 awesome, sort of uncomfortable for everyday riding though, the 1100S though, wow. I could definitely get into some trouble with that bike and found it the most fun out of all 3, I could easily see it being an everyday around town bike too, the torque was always there and was plenty fast.

free bowl of soup
Jan 14, 2004

You're in Daytona? I was going to do that demo ride but I have to go to Orlando for the weekend, so I'm missing out. I really wanted to ride that 848

fake edit: I live in Ormond Beach.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

The coolest 250 EVER is finally getting released in Europe.

Honda VTR250 YAAY! http://www.motorcycledaily.com/15april09_honda_vtr250.htm

I don't need a commuter bike anymore, but since I proved that whining for the 250 worked, I can start whining for a 750+ version.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

free bowl of soup posted:

You're in Daytona? I was going to do that demo ride but I have to go to Orlando for the weekend, so I'm missing out. I really wanted to ride that 848

fake edit: I live in Ormond Beach.

Port Orange actually. They are here until saturday, which I'll be going back and riding the 1100 and 1100s again :)

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

Ola posted:

The coolest 250 EVER is finally getting released in Europe.

Honda VTR250 YAAY! http://www.motorcycledaily.com/15april09_honda_vtr250.htm

I don't need a commuter bike anymore, but since I proved that whining for the 250 worked, I can start whining for a 750+ version.

Wow, I've wanted a 250 for a while now but I don't really like the Ninja's look, but if this thing came over I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. I see this old GS500 at school all the time, and kinda have a bike-crush on it. This thing looks like an updated version, even down to the single disc brake up front. There are still some things I'd change, but I hope it performs well enough that they consider releasing one stateside also.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Xlyfindel posted:

Wow, I've wanted a 250 for a while now but I don't really like the Ninja's look, but if this thing came over I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. I see this old GS500 at school all the time, and kinda have a bike-crush on it. This thing looks like an updated version, even down to the single disc brake up front. There are still some things I'd change, but I hope it performs well enough that they consider releasing one stateside also.

You'd think that with the success of the new Ninja 250, Honda would try and get in on that, but noooooo.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Z3n posted:

You'd think that with the success of the new Ninja 250, Honda would try and get in on that, but noooooo.

Honda's lineup, at least here in Canada, is hilariously sparse in the midrange.

Shown below, The token "girls bike" and the next step up, the CBR600RR. Sure, thats a reasonable upgrade path Honda.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Damnit MattFL.... I wish they were here Sunday :(

I have to make a run down to Space Coast tomorrow morning and won't be back in time to do any rides.

I'll be able to demo a Duc one of these days :argh:

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*
Pics of me today at a Buell track day at Zandvoort (Netherlands).

3 sessions of 20 minutes, 1st on my SV and 2 others on the new 1125R.

They're a bit dark.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Damnit MattFL.... I wish they were here Sunday :(

I have to make a run down to Space Coast tomorrow morning and won't be back in time to do any rides.

I'll be able to demo a Duc one of these days :argh:

I went back again today with my friend, rode the hyper again. I can now safely say there's probably no way I could ride the drz over it. Tony at daytona ducati has 3 leftover 08's that he said he's looking to move. How to convince the wife though is the next question!

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

mattfl posted:

I went back again today with my friend, rode the hyper again. I can now safely say there's probably no way I could ride the drz over it. Tony at daytona ducati has 3 leftover 08's that he said he's looking to move. How to convince the wife though is the next question!

Jealous :argh:

I'm sure you'll be able to do some convincing.... anything you need to do to get permission will be well worth it :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

jujube posted:

Pics of me today at a Buell track day at Zandvoort (Netherlands).

3 sessions of 20 minutes, 1st on my SV and 2 others on the new 1125R.

They're a bit dark.

What'd you think of it?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sybok
May 25, 2006

mattfl posted:

Said friend wouldn't be the one looking to get rid of the North GA mountain edition of the ZX-10 now would he?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Christoff posted:

wheelies and stoppies all day long!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Christoff posted:

Nice Monster, kid. But are you interested in a tail chop kit?

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*

Z3n posted:

What'd you think of it?

It's hard for me to form an opinion since the only frame of reference is a SV. I did like its brakes and suspension and frame/seating position. What I didn't like was its engine. It feels like it wants to destroy itself and sounds like it as well. Maybe that was because it only had 2000 km on the clock. The throttle is also very twitchy compared to the SV.

Furthermore it looks like poo poo.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Christoff posted:

that engine looks a little unbalanced, one cylinder has like twice the stroke of the other

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

that engine looks a little unbalanced, one cylinder has like twice the stroke of the other

Yeah, when it's running it will just rock back and forth.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I'm pretty sure this has been posted a long long time ago, but it's just too awesome not to post again. It's an amateur film of boardtrack racing at Daytona in the 20's, the film quality is great for the era and the speed those guys went on what amounts to motorized bicycles is amazing.
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/?p=235

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Sybok posted:

Said friend wouldn't be the one looking to get rid of the North GA mountain edition of the ZX-10 now would he?

LOL. His new fairings come in this week and he'll be back up and running in no time :)

mattfl fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 19, 2009

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Retarded Pimp posted:

Funiest Top Gear I've seen, they take a beat up Minsk, Vespa and Honda Cub from the south of Vietnam to the north. Jeremy Clarkson learns how to ride.

Scroll to episode 8:
http://hessmo.com/Hessmo/TG_Season_12.html

I know this is two weeks old but my god I now know why my brother loves this show. This is the funniest thing I have ever seen. I want to mention certain parts but really don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it. If you missed it a few pages back, here it is again. Set aside the 73 minutes and take a look.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I love that site. I watched all episodes of all seasons around Christmas.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

off da chain in dis thang

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

off da chain in dis thang

:swoon:

Click here for the full 791x548 image.

One of my favorite bike pictures.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Z3n posted:

:swoon:

Click here for the full 791x548 image.

One of my favorite bike pictures.

Gorgeous... where is that?

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

`Nemesis posted:

Gorgeous... where is that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Saint-Michel

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1908415

I know, college humor, but...the entire video is pretty much :aaaaa:

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Z3n posted:

Holy gently caress. How does one do any of that without the bike giving out and breaking every bone in your body?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Z3n posted:

God drat, what I'd give to be able to do that.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

kcer posted:

God drat, what I'd give to be able to do that.

Anything but time, effort, and lots of practice eh? ;) Don't worry the rest of us are in the same boat.

I was only mildly impressed until he did the tree backflip. That was pretty ridiculous. That and I loved how people kept checking to see if he killed himself after he jumped down things.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

pr0zac posted:

Anything but time, effort, and lots of practice eh? ;) Don't worry the rest of us are in the same boat.

I was only mildly impressed until he did the tree backflip. That was pretty ridiculous. That and I loved how people kept checking to see if he killed himself after he jumped down things.

The tree backflip is the part where my mind was blown. That and thinking about how god drat difficult it'd be to ride across the top of a fence like that.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Z3n posted:

I've never felt so fat and useless in my entire life.

That backwards wheelie to forwards wheelie alone...holy poo poo it took me weeks to wheelie....

edit: You gotta think, even with thousands of hours of practice, some people are just naturally gifted with that kind of balance and situational awareness. I worked with a guy like this dude who just made it all look very easy and me look like a quadriplegic.

Mcqueen fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

Z3n posted:

The tree backflip is the part where my mind was blown. That and thinking about how god drat difficult it'd be to ride across the top of a fence like that.

Technically that's called a "flair," and it's primarily a freestyle-bmx trick. It's considerably difficult on a tiny little bomx bike, so seeing someone do it on a loving mountain bike made my cock hard.