Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus
I can't help but see this everytime I look at that paint job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Well, I think that's just what needs to be done.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Taisa posted:

I can't help but see this everytime I look at that paint job.

You had better do this immediately. Any other course of action is foolish.

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR
Been meaning to post this for a while, but I can't find the charger for my camera. I gave up and used my phone camera instead.

Before, cracked plastics:

After, no plastics!

I probably could have bought a new upper cowling for what I spent, but hot drat I like riding without it.

MikeXJ
Mar 8, 2006
Son of a bitch, I just realized I've had my saddle bags on backwards for a LONG time. Glad I didn't post a pic yet.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

sklnd posted:

Good looking, but do you have a problem with all the exposed wiring?

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR
It has worked alright after a 250 mile round trip ride a week ago, which included some heavy rain. I need to redo part of it because its just kinda held together with electrical tape instead of a good connector, but it works...

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR

MikeXJ posted:

Son of a bitch, I just realized I've had my saddle bags on backwards for a LONG time. Glad I didn't post a pic yet.

I think I try to put mine on backwards about 2/3 of the time when I put them back on before a ride.

codewarrior
Jan 6, 2003

NVaderJ posted:

Just want to chime in and say that your bike is gorgeous -- you really did a great job restoring it, it looks better than new. Really like the bedliner on the tank idea. Someday when I have a garage and a real job I'd like to try a similar project, but until then I'll just admire people like you.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Zool posted:

I'll take one can of flat black and one of oh I don't know electric blue. I really can't make fun of you for having a hideous mismatched looking bike, but I wish I could.

You'd swear, with the number of rattlecanned black, early 90s CBR600s there are driving around, that Honda had offered that as an option from the factory. They seem to far outnumber those bikes that have retained their original paint.

The way that the blue breaks up the silhouette of the bike kind of reminds me of dazzle camouflage. Are you trying to make judging speed based on your bow wake difficult? :iiam:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

laymil posted:

Right after I took these pictures, I slipped rolling the bike back into the garage and dropped it! Lucky for me I just used cheap rattlecan paint, so 30 seconds of sanding the scuffed fairing, another 30 to paint and we're back where we started.

If you need that little plastic bit that goes under the headlight, I think I have two I'm not going to use. P.M. me if you're interested.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

sklnd posted:

I probably could have bought a new upper cowling for what I spent, but hot drat I like riding without it.

Hot. 250s with no fairings are awesome.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

sklnd posted:

After, no plastics!

I have the same bike and saddlebags. Is there a strap that is supposed to run between the two bags, underneath the tail section? I see some clips for something like that but my bags didn't seem to come with it.

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR
They came with two short straps for the rear clips. I tied them together to make a strap for underneath the tail.

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...
Welp, I seem to have melted the front lower brake side fairing (blue lower in the pictures). For now I just took the lower fairings off. Should I run like this or go naked?

vivacthulhu
Sep 29, 2007
Hasta Victoria Ftaghn!

Oh poo poo a grizzly bear killed someone and got on his bike...wait, no I just haven't shaved in a few hours. Also note the super safe crash proven Adidas I'm rocking.

But seriously, it's a 1981 GS1100G that now has a much better seat on it and no luggage rack. You can also sort of see my room mate's Shadow Spirit ACE in the background.

Alacrity
Feb 21, 2006

My first bike:

'05 250R

Just got this one yesterday:

'09 Softail Custom

Only 50 miles so far and I'm loving it. I like the more relaxed seat position, makes back road rides more comfortable. Just waiting for it to stop raining so I can break in the tires...

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Suzuki GSXR1000K5. Bought late Jan 09 for $AUD12k with 26k km on it. Mods: Tinted screen, fender eliminator, top-mount Ohlins damper, Arata rearsets, Goodridge S/S lines, Micron exhaust (supposedly a full system, looks like it's just a mid-pipe and can though.)

Looked like this when I bought it:

Currently looks like this while awaiting my fighter parts to arrive from the UK ( :argh: http://www.streetfighterstore.co.uk/)

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Currently looks like this while awaiting my fighter parts to arrive from the UK ( :argh: http://www.streetfighterstore.co.uk/)

It looks like one of the aliens at the end of Crysis.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

sklnd posted:

Looks great without the fairing; what kind of bags are those?

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Love it, can't wait to see the finished product, hopefully I'll have a similar project next year.

PyxlWyz
Jan 9, 2007
Here's my Ruckus

...and my Honda 599

CRF230 in the background

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I love the look of 599's and want a Ruckus, so I'm jealous of you.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

http://img.waffleimages.com/7c276fe07d0430f0ff8ff9925ba3e086fe11406a/DSC00126 (Large).JPG

http://img.waffleimages.com/b3905f5483a4f6c6afaf7b94c6743ff89e96a478/DSC00127 (Large).JPG

My 09 Harley Street Bob. Put about 600 miles on it so far. Right now it's packed up and being moved over to Germany.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 3, 2009

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Kaliber posted:

My 09 Harley Street Bob. Put about 600 miles on it so far. Right now it's packed up and being moved over to Germany.

I can just feel my arms going numb

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Peripheral nerve damage is often associated with hearing loss. :eng101:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Took the MSF last weekend.. spent a long time deciding if a ninja 250 would be too powerless.

Saw the new Gladius and absolutely fell in love with it, but realized that it would be too big for lil ole me to have as a first bike.

Then I found a custom modified 2004 Ninja 250 on craigslist. Just had my buddy in LA pick it up for me:

Won't have my hands on it for a while, but I'm excited. Anyone in the SF Bay Area want to go for a ride?

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR

BlueBayou posted:

Then I found a custom modified 2004 Ninja 250 on craigslist. Just had my buddy in LA pick it up for me:

Hell yes! Welcome to the club.

What's the bike using for a speedo? I see something like the stock cable there, but don't see what it's hooked to.

EDIT: Also, what did you give for it? I might sell my somewhat-similarly modified EX250 soonish to fund a bigger bike, and I'm not sure what it would fetch given the modifications.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

sklnd posted:

Hell yes! Welcome to the club.

What's the bike using for a speedo? I see something like the stock cable there, but don't see what it's hooked to.

EDIT: Also, what did you give for it? I might sell my somewhat-similarly modified EX250 soonish to fund a bigger bike, and I'm not sure what it would fetch given the modifications.

I haven't had my hands on it yet, but am told its all stock mechanically, just aesthetically changed.

I paid 2800. That was the list price, I didn't want to bargain and risk losing it.

I'll post more once I have it... god i love it already

zmikel
Sep 11, 2001
Stone Throwing
My beloved 03 ex500. Looking to move up to a 600ss, maybe after this season when winter comes around...

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

BlueBayou posted:

Won't have my hands on it for a while, but I'm excited. Anyone in the SF Bay Area want to go for a ride?

I'm down in San Jose if you're in my area, always down for new riding buddies. Also the BARF Annual Newbie ride is next weekend, definitely a great way to meet people to ride with in the Bay area:
http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287719

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Well I'm in it now.

Traded the buell for it on Saturday, 2006 Husqvarna SMR 450 with 1200 miles. The thing is a total beast and agility is off the scale. Lucky for me a dealer is only 30 min away, so I'm gonna drop it off for a general look-over and valve clearance check before I do any real riding. It felt really alien for all of 20 minutes (weird seating and really tall), but I'm warming up to it. I'm gonna take it slow so I don't end up upside down on top of a building or something. I have the MSF advanced in a couple months, so I can show up with it and get some pointers hopefully.

Gnaghi fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 19, 2009

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
That bike is going to be a riot, I almost let my dealer friend talk me into buying on a couple months ago. I am so jealous. You gonna race it at all?

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

mutt2jeff posted:

That bike is going to be a riot, I almost let my dealer friend talk me into buying on a couple months ago. I am so jealous. You gonna race it at all?

Yeah, once I get comfortable on it I am. Apparently there are events at E-town, a track 30 min away from me. I already got the "MX Race" track stand and nice wide ATV ramps for loading it into my truck.

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008

pr0zac posted:

I'm down in San Jose if you're in my area, always down for new riding buddies. Also the BARF Annual Newbie ride is next weekend, definitely a great way to meet people to ride with in the Bay area:
http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287719

I'm in San Jose as well and always up for a ride.

Weekends suck for me though as I usually work pretty lovely hours.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Gnaghi posted:

Well I'm in it now.

Traded the buell for it on Saturday, 2006 Husqvarna SMR 450 with 1200 miles. The thing is a total beast and agility is off the scale. Lucky for me a dealer is only 30 min away, so I'm gonna drop it off for a general look-over and valve clearance check before I do any real riding. It felt really alien for all of 20 minutes (weird seating and really tall), but I'm warming up to it. I'm gonna take it slow so I don't end up upside down on top of a building or something. I have the MSF advanced in a couple months, so I can show up with it and get some pointers hopefully.

Awesome bike. My mate has a TE 510 (same frame as the 450 im pretty sure?) and he loves it.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

:flashfap:

Man, all these new, hot supermotos (and dirtbikes) floating around CA aren't doing anything for my resolve to not attempt to trade my track bike for a sumo. :emo:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
My new Gangster poo poo, GS500. I got it from some guy on CL for $1,500. Its a 2001 with 7,000 miles on it. Runs perfect but has cosmetic damage from being dropped a few times and lots of little rust from being stored outdoors.

I painted the rearsets black with some rust stopping paint.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Those newer GS500s actually look really nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Phat_Albert posted:

Those newer GS500s actually look really nice

I was thinking the same thing so I looked them up and the specs aren't bad as well. Its a nicely rounded bike.