Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

Im trying to identify a band. They have a song called "No trigger", and are from japan. They are very upbeat and poppy, sort of punkish. I did a youtube search for the BAND No Trigger a while ago, this song came up and i really liked it. The video was the band who were wearing all white playing in a big city, and it showed some girl walking around. Youtubes not bringing me to that video any more and its driving me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Adiabatic posted:

Hey guys,

I'm having one hell of a time finding a song title and/or artist for a Subaru WRX commercial. There's no words to google and the two leads in the comments section on youtube are bust. Explosicon by The Eggmen was for a 2007 commercial and though it sounds like an instrumental version of Woman by Wolfmother, it's definitely different in places. The song in question can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6UxaP0nRPY Please tell me this isn't just a jingle made for Subaru!

Bumping this with great hope.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Adiabatic posted:

Bumping this with great hope.
I was about to tell you it was Explosicon by The Eggmen and why don't you read the loving comments, but then I actually read your post :lol:

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time

Moist von Lipwig posted:

This should be an easy one, but it's driving me absolutely nuts. The band I'm looking for is pretty mainstream, and they have one video that came out in late 2008-ish where it's just the band members sitting on a couch completely still while a bunch of people spray them with silly string or something, but the footage has been sped up to many times the normal speed.

I wish I had more than that, but the only thing else I can say is it sounds like a lot of really poppy emo rock like All American Rejects and Jimmy Eat World, but I'm pretty sure it's neither of them. Any help would be appreciated, because this has been nagging me for weeks and I'm not sure why.

Probably a long shot but, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05qV8JBEa34 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP4hl66QC0A&feature=channel

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
I hear this song all the time at the store I'm remodelling. It sounds like its off one of those muzak CD's with 70's and 80's hits that most retail stores plays.
It sounds like some sort of Caribbean music. one of the lines goes something like "eee ahh mama" repeated and then a women singing something in english but with a caribbean accent. I hear it all the time but don't know what it is.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Tuff Ghost posted:

I hear this song all the time at the store I'm remodelling. It sounds like its off one of those muzak CD's with 70's and 80's hits that most retail stores plays.
It sounds like some sort of Caribbean music. one of the lines goes something like "eee ahh mama" repeated and then a women singing something in english but with a caribbean accent. I hear it all the time but don't know what it is.

I'm not sure if this is it, because she doesn't have a Caribbean accent really, but this sort of fits everything else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTv8Mpw3xDE

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

Tuff Ghost posted:

I really really doubt this is it, but who knows. It's from the 80s, at least?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNDrFTLl27w

Edit: Oops, nope, early 90s.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I was in chipotle for lunch today and there was a really heinous cover of "where the streets have no name" with some sort of a calypso beat to it. It had a female singer.

I tried looking to see if chipotle listed online the song playlists in their stores and couldn't get anywhere. The best I got were some twitters of people complaining about the same song.

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis
David Gray's "Babylon" is a good song in itself, but I remember hearing a version where there was some electronic effect in the bridge and during the chorus as if it were a slow dance track. I've seen vague references to a "Radio One Mix" (sometimes titled "Radio Mix One" and a "V2" version but nothing conclusive.

I've googled around for 'babylon remix' but nothing relevant comes up. Was I imagining it?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

W3bbo posted:

David Gray's "Babylon" is a good song in itself, but I remember hearing a version where there was some electronic effect in the bridge and during the chorus as if it were a slow dance track. I've seen vague references to a "Radio One Mix" (sometimes titled "Radio Mix One" and a "V2" version but nothing conclusive.

I've googled around for 'babylon remix' but nothing relevant comes up. Was I imagining it?

Leeroy Thornhill (previously of The Prodigy fame) remixed it under the name Flightcrank but it was only ever released on promo, that might be it? There's also an instrumental version on the CD but as it's a promo it might be hard to find. You can download the non-instrumental remix here.

Even if it's not the right version, it's still pretty good!

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 12, 2009

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
Bit of an odd request - there's a klezmer song that I'm trying to find the name of. It's a melody I've heard before and it's probably really famous, but at any rate, I can't find it. It plays at the beginning of the liver transplant scene in Monty Python's Meaning Of Life for a few seconds.

Starts at about 0:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdXVQymTImo&feature=response_watch

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

Cometa Rossa posted:

Bit of an odd request - there's a klezmer song that I'm trying to find the name of. It's a melody I've heard before and it's probably really famous, but at any rate, I can't find it. It plays at the beginning of the liver transplant scene in Monty Python's Meaning Of Life for a few seconds.

Starts at about 0:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdXVQymTImo&feature=response_watch

Hava Nagila

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm looking for what I *think* is a trance song (possibly EBM/synthpop type of group but I'm not sure). I think it's relatively recognizable in the trance scene, and it's got this really driving beat.

The best I could do was recreate it in Mario Paint Composer, but this is my best estimation of what it sounds like from memory:

It's been stuck in my head all week and it's driving me nuts. I don't know when or where I last heard it, just that I've heard it.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bonk posted:

I'm looking for what I *think* is a trance song (possibly EBM/synthpop type of group but I'm not sure). I think it's relatively recognizable in the trance scene, and it's got this really driving beat.

The best I could do was recreate it in Mario Paint Composer, but this is my best estimation of what it sounds like from memory:

It's been stuck in my head all week and it's driving me nuts. I don't know when or where I last heard it, just that I've heard it.

1998 by Binary Finary. There's about a billion versions of it, the one you've probably heard is the Matt Darey Remix, though.

(Let it get into it, you should hear the familiar tune at 1:25. Failing that, try looking on Youtube for the Paul Van Dyk version or the Gouryella Remix. The melody is always the same!)

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 13, 2009

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
That's it! Thank you, it's been bugging me all week.

I think it was probably the Paul Van Dyk mix I was thinking of. They play some of his sets on a local station sometimes.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys I have a mashup that I got from my sister and I want to know what songs are in it. I have the mp3 and everything but posting it somewhere is surely some kind of copyright enwrongment. I know one of them is Rihanna's Umbrella. The first vocals are a guy going "ahh, aahh, AAHH, AHH!" twice. At the end the line "Where is the tenderness" is repeated." It has awesome jangly guitars, what sounds like bells, and some kind of horn.

There is another mashup I want to know the songs from. It has a really cool guitar riff going through it. "You're so cool" is repeatedly sung by a female voice and "When we're britten and wurchen, when we're britten and buh dehh-eh-eh, They cant hear us what were sin, when we're britten and buh deh-eh-eh-eh (Transcribed phonetically)" by a male voice.

If you know an acceptable way to post the mp3 or segments of it somewhere I can do that.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Wulfolme posted:

Hey guys I have a mashup that I got from my sister and I want to know what songs are in it. I have the mp3 and everything but posting it somewhere is surely some kind of copyright enwrongment. I know one of them is Rihanna's Umbrella. The first vocals are a guy going "ahh, aahh, AAHH, AHH!" twice. At the end the line "Where is the tenderness" is repeated." It has awesome jangly guitars, what sounds like bells, and some kind of horn.

There is another mashup I want to know the songs from. It has a really cool guitar riff going through it. "You're so cool" is repeatedly sung by a female voice and "When we're britten and wurchen, when we're britten and buh dehh-eh-eh, They cant hear us what were sin, when we're britten and buh deh-eh-eh-eh (Transcribed phonetically)" by a male voice.

If you know an acceptable way to post the mp3 or segments of it somewhere I can do that.

The Rihanna one is done by Party Ben. The other artist in the mashup is General Public.

http://partyben.com/downloads/

edit: Other song is General Public - Tenderness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmoHQ2DC3zo&feature=related

jeff8472 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 14, 2009

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

"I'll just get a glass of orange juice." "no no no NO NO!!!"
Heard this on Sirius a couple weeks ago. It was a really upbeat techno/electronica/whatever song with the line "ain't doing nothing, just hanging around" over and over. It's probably a remix of something old, but those Sirius assholes never tell you what they're playing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want to give another shot to a song I posted probably 40 pages back and no one got because its still driving me nuts . Its a song from a few years ago, I used to hear it played at hipster bars. Its a folky indie type song with a girl singing. At some point she says something like "George Bush gonna bomb every one". The tune might even be an old childrens tune with different lyrics.

The singer sounds exactly like Coco Rosie, maybe Joanna Newsome. Its defiantly not Kimya Dawson. I have listened to snippets of every coco rosie song and couldnt find it. I hate this song but I'm obsessed with finding out what it is. If anyone can figure it out you are the king.

The Gate of Nanna
Sep 20, 2008

:c00l: My Editor :c00l:
Some rock song from the late 90's by a 1 man band that started with an E (?), acoustic, I believe it was talking about an old man and/or a liquor store. Incredibly popular song in the US. I'm pretty sure this is one of those I-had-only-one-hit-and-went-nowhere kind of bands/songs.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

The Gate of Nanna posted:

Some rock song from the late 90's by a 1 man band that started with an E (?), acoustic, I believe it was talking about an old man and/or a liquor store. Incredibly popular song in the US. I'm pretty sure this is one of those I-had-only-one-hit-and-went-nowhere kind of bands/songs.

Everlast - What It's Like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vWhdz5svvQ

The Gate of Nanna
Sep 20, 2008

:c00l: My Editor :c00l:

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Everlast - What It's Like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vWhdz5svvQ

Bingo, thanks!

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What is the name of the song, pretty recent, in the video a guy is walking in a bar and the people in the bar are being drawn on, John Madden style?

JohnScans
Apr 21, 2008

Hug it out bitch
Starts at the 2:57 mark. Portugese so I'm not really sure how to look up lyrics. Featured in "Countdown to UFC 97"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHl5BcksnCM

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

Velocirocktor posted:

I need help identifying a song my friends and I heard at a bowling alley last night and couldn't peg. It was a classic rock song, mid-tempo, and it had a piano playing a simple riff over and over, from the intro onward. Very similar to Hold The Line by Toto, which is what I thought it was at first but I was listening for the chorus to make sure and I didn't hear it. My friends thought it was a Kansas song, which it could be. There's also a decent chance that it was, in fact, the Toto song, and the bowling was loud enough that I missed the chorus. At any rate the bowling was loud enough to make it hard to pick out lyrics so I can't Google anything.

Okay I hate to pull this up again but I heard a bit of the song again last night and now I know it wasn't Toto, which my friends and I had settled on it being. There was a line in the song that I believe was the start of the chorus that said "so good to see" or "it's so good to see" or something very similar to that, but I can't come up with any clever form of that to search to find it and I don't remember any other lyrics. Singer had a high-ish voice, definitely classic rock type. Think Kansas, Cheap Trick, that sort of thing.

Any ideas?

edit: and it's not So Good To See You by Cheap Trick

Velocirocktor fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 18, 2009

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

EvilMoFo posted:

this was recorded off of the radio nearly 6 years ago
it was in the middle of a mix, by an unknown dj, broadcast in the san francisco bay area (wild 94.9, house nation)

logic says that the main sample was taken from some kind of educational/documentary/public service recording, the voice is talking about drugs and what they are known as on the street ... i faintly remember more drugs, but this is all i have of the recording

lyrics:
male voice:
"dance all night"
"psychedelic video, flashing lights"

female voice:
"the music would start and it would beep"
"ecstasy"

male voice:
"euphoric high"
"dancing non stop"
"on the street its called 'e', 'x', or 'rolls'"
"glowsticks, pacifiers, and lollipops"
"ketamine known on the streets as 'special k'"
"ecstasy is being used"

i have googled for it many times, always coming up empty ... any information is greatly appreciated

for anyone interested, i found out what it is ... finally

tony faline/bad kitty - euphoric high

An0
Nov 10, 2006
I enjoy eating After Eights. I also enjoy eating Old El Paso salsa with added Tobasco.
I'd like to know what song is used as the basis of RZA - Put Your Guns Down

It's an 80s, maybe early 90s pop-rock tune that was popular on the radio.

alcoholiday
Apr 25, 2008
I heard this song at an indie rock club the other day on the PA--the only lyric I remember was "been a long time comin'" repeated frequently. Google only turns up folk songs that can't be it because that line is repeated often without other lines in between the repetitions. It has a very Velvet Underground intro--very trebly electric guitar riff with bends that reminds me of "All Tomorrow's Parties," and then a girl singing along that chorus with a guy. In fact, the whole song had a Velvet Underground kind of vibe, except I think it got a bit heavier towards the end.

alcoholiday fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 20, 2009

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

alcoholiday posted:

I heard this song at an indie rock club the other day on the PA--the only lyric I remember was "been a long time comin'" repeated frequently. Google only turns up folk songs that can't be it because that line is repeated often without other lines in between the repetitions. It has a very Velvet Underground intro--very trebly electric guitar riff with bends that reminds me of "All Tomorrow's Parties," and then a girl singing along that chorus with a guy. In fact, the whole song had a Velvet Underground kind of vibe, except I think it got a bit heavier towards the end.

Doesn't fit your description exactly, but could it be 'Keep The Car Running' by the Arcade Fire?

alcoholiday
Apr 25, 2008
Nope. Thanks for trying, but I am absolutely sure that lyric was in there. I am familiar with most popular indie stuff, so it'd have to be relatively obscure. It focuses more on traditional rock instruments, and is slower than that song. Less reverb.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

alcoholiday posted:

You say you're familiar with Indie musics, but I'm going to suggest that it might have been The Zutons - Long Time Coming. I have no idea how it could possibly be this though since you'd surely have found it on a search, since The Zutons aren't that obscure, and also because there's no girl singing the chorus (although if memory serves me right they do have a girl that plays the sax and may or may not sing in their other songs). It's the first thing that popped into my head though so I thought I'd throw it out there.

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Zutons/_/Long+Time+Coming?autostart

Ivan Drago fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 20, 2009

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Velocirocktor posted:

Okay I hate to pull this up again but I heard a bit of the song again last night and now I know it wasn't Toto, which my friends and I had settled on it being. There was a line in the song that I believe was the start of the chorus that said "so good to see" or "it's so good to see" or something very similar to that, but I can't come up with any clever form of that to search to find it and I don't remember any other lyrics. Singer had a high-ish voice, definitely classic rock type. Think Kansas, Cheap Trick, that sort of thing.

Any ideas?

edit: and it's not So Good To See You by Cheap Trick

He he he, i know this is probably wrong, but the lyrics and the piano riff fits and I could *almost* see the vocals thing -- are you talking about "So Glad To See You" by Wings?

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
No, that's not it. The piano was a little more up front and the song was a little less driving, though the tempo is about right. This is driving me way more nuts than it should. Thanks though.

alcoholiday
Apr 25, 2008

Ivan Drago posted:

You say you're familiar with Indie musics, but I'm going to suggest that it might have been The Zutons - Long Time Coming. I have no idea how it could possibly be this though since you'd surely have found it on a search, since The Zutons aren't that obscure, and also because there's no girl singing the chorus (although if memory serves me right they do have a girl that plays the sax and may or may not sing in their other songs). It's the first thing that popped into my head though so I thought I'd throw it out there.

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Zutons/_/Long+Time+Coming?autostart

Indeed, this is not it. The intro is reminiscent, but I'm pretty certain about the girl singing, as well.

Here's what I remember of that main hook rhythm and melody wise. I could be imagining that first pickup note as an "it's been" whereas there may not be one.

alcoholiday fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 20, 2009

Magpie13
Jun 30, 2004

Hi All,

I had a record back in the '60s that had a song called "(going to hell) on a sled".

I thought it was "Herman's Hermits" but nothing comes up on Dogpile searches.

I don't recall the lyrics except for the chorus which had an old man's voice saying "you're going to hell on a sled boy, going to hell on a sled".

Most of you are young whippersnappers who would do best to stay the hell off my lawn, but I'd really like to find this song again.

Dongsmith
Apr 12, 2007

CLANG THUD SPLUT

Magpie13 posted:

Hi All,

I had a record back in the '60s that had a song called "(going to hell) on a sled".

I thought it was "Herman's Hermits" but nothing comes up on Dogpile searches.

I don't recall the lyrics except for the chorus which had an old man's voice saying "you're going to hell on a sled boy, going to hell on a sled".

Most of you are young whippersnappers who would do best to stay the hell off my lawn, but I'd really like to find this song again.
John Loudermilk?

http://ihesm.com/jdllyr/LyAintIt.html

Magpie13
Jun 30, 2004

No - it wasn't that heavy.

I also recall whoever said 'You're going to hell on a sled' was filtered to sound like an old radio or bullhorn.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Magpie13 posted:

No - it wasn't that heavy.

I also recall whoever said 'You're going to hell on a sled' was filtered to sound like an old radio or bullhorn.
I'm not sure what you mean by heavy, but I really don't see how it couldn't be the song mentioned above. There's an old time radio effect during the chorus in one part, as well as another part where the guy says specifically "it's goin to hell on a sled, boy. it's goin to hell on a sled." Maybe you listened to the wrong version? Try this...

http://www.last.fm/music/John+D.+Loudermilk/_/Goin%27+To+Hell+On+A+Sled?autostart

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

alcoholiday posted:

Doesn't really sound like the VU and you would have probably recognized his voice but I'm throwing in Bruce Springsteen's "Long Time Comin'" because it does sound folky and has a woman coming in on the chorus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magpie13
Jun 30, 2004

Ivan Drago posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by heavy, but I really don't see how it couldn't be the song mentioned above. There's an old time radio effect during the chorus in one part, as well as another part where the guy says specifically "it's goin to hell on a sled, boy. it's goin to hell on a sled." Maybe you listened to the wrong version? Try this...

http://www.last.fm/music/John+D.+Loudermilk/_/Goin%27+To+Hell+On+A+Sled?autostart

OK - That is the song.

Now you've opened a new mystery. I know I owned a record with this song on it, but I've never owned a John D. Loudermilk record (never even heard of him till you supplied the link).

So - either I had a record with a cover version or some compilation album. Yay! A new quest!

Anyway - Thanks for identifying the song!