Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Honda NSR 125. Previous-to-previous owner dropped it and started to part it out and got bored so sold it. Previous owner proceeded to streetfighter it and polish the frame over winter then sold it to me. Check out the bitchin' shine!

EDIT: Can't see the picture :(

Edit the second: Here it is:

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Budgie fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
-

an actual frog fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 24, 2020

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Man, the NSR125 is twice the bike the CBR125 could ever hope to be.

Well, other than the passing emissions, being nearly silent, fuel injected, and cheap to maintain...

But really, does any of that matter when you compare it to the sound of a small two stroke being ragged on?

megazord
Jul 16, 2001

At the beach this morning.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Gnaghi posted:

Well I'm in it now.

Traded the buell for it on Saturday, 2006 Husqvarna SMR 450 with 1200 miles. The thing is a total beast and agility is off the scale. Lucky for me a dealer is only 30 min away, so I'm gonna drop it off for a general look-over and valve clearance check before I do any real riding. It felt really alien for all of 20 minutes (weird seating and really tall), but I'm warming up to it. I'm gonna take it slow so I don't end up upside down on top of a building or something. I have the MSF advanced in a couple months, so I can show up with it and get some pointers hopefully.

Man I'm jealous of you. Once I've got a garage and can actually keep up with the ridiculous maintenance on a bike like that I'm trading in my DRZ.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Simkin posted:

Man, the NSR125 is twice the bike the CBR125 could ever hope to be.

Well, other than the passing emissions, being nearly silent, fuel injected, and cheap to maintain...

But really, does any of that matter when you compare it to the sound of a small two stroke being ragged on?

It's like riding on a swarm of angry bees and I love it. I love how the front of the bike raises as you hit the powerband! I broke one of my L Plates off trying to empirically determine my maximum speed. I got to 92mph in top gear and still had 2k revs to reach the redline, not sure if it has much more power to give. I have an inkling however, that it might not be as restricted as it should be. I need a longer stretch of deserted road.

Once I sit my DAS I'll be glad to see the L Plates go though.

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
That's a sweet looking NSR125, and slightly more unique than the generic CBR125RR that most new riders want. Don't kid me, the CBR is a nice bike, but there's so drat many of them.

Also, YAY, another brit rider, that makes 4 of us.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
Wish I had access to the better quality pics, but my new Bandit:

A little dirty as the dust out here coats everything, but at least I got that sticker off the windscreen right after the photos were taken.

Rides as smooth as I could want, though I want to get that front end switched out for naked when I get a chance. Picked it up a month ago with 12.5k miles for a scant $2.7k, and have since put on almost 1500 miles.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

megazord posted:

At the beach this morning.

I was so tempted to buy one of those Phil Read replicas...what awesome helmets.

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!
I just graduated the MSF this weekend, so I decided to buy myself a present:

2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50.
I really fell in love with the Boulevards when I drove my father's C50 last year. Comfortable low seat, balances great for a bike that tips the scale at the top end of 500 lbs. Good amount of torque too: I took it on a winding mountain pass yesterday and it pulled straight up the pass without having to come out of 5th gear. And good god, those Vance & Hines Straightshots just sound like pure evil. She's not very pretty up close, but I think the sound it makes more than makes up for it.

I'm definitely doing some touring with my dad this year, and I think I got the right tool for the job.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Drum brakes on a 2005 :ohdear:

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Hey, it's better than a Honda. They were still carbureted in 2005.

800cc Boulevards are great bikes. I still miss mine.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Simkin posted:

Drum brakes on a 2005 :ohdear:

Drum brake ADL here, but they're actually not that bad when set up correctly. Sure, it's not going to stop the bike on it's own from 80mph over and over without ended up with some fade, but it's a cruiser, that's not really what they're shooting for.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I know, but I needed to have some barb other than "straight pipes :hurr:"

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!

Simkin posted:

I know, but I needed to have some barb other than "straight pipes :hurr:"

Haha oh I know. Ideally I would have preferred something baffled like the "cruzers" that vance & hines makes, but I certainly won't refuse these. I might even go back to stock for the 1000+ mile ride that I'm going to do in about 6 weeks just so I don't go deaf.

And not only does it have a drum at the back, it has a single disk in the front! Suzuki still does this for their "800cc and below" cruisers for the 2009 model year too, apparently. It's not like it's underbraked or anything, because I guess that 544 lbs dry weight isn't that heavy for a cruiser.

MrKatharsis posted:

800cc Boulevards are great bikes. I still miss mine.

Truth. I really do love the EFI too.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

MrKatharsis posted:

Some of us like carbs. :colbert:

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

Doctor Zero posted:

2007 and fully carb'd here. :hfive:

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
2009 and still using the telegraph. Woot.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Doctor Zero posted:

We call YOU wizards who work in dark magic.

Prepare to be burned at the stake!

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I like air/oil-cooled bikes, but if only I could find one that had efi instead of a fuel drip. :sigh:

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

Simkin posted:

I like air/oil-cooled bikes, but if only I could find one that had efi instead of a fuel drip. :sigh:

Might I introduce you to the '09 Triumph classics?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Yeah, don't worry, my neighbours have been doing that, with a pair of Bonnies, blatting up and down the block.

Precioussssssssss :comeback:

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

pr0zac posted:

Man I'm jealous of you. Once I've got a garage and can actually keep up with the ridiculous maintenance on a bike like that I'm trading in my DRZ.

Just get it away way. I don't know how a drz feels but this thing goddamn moves (in any direction). It's gonna be quite the learning experience.

evilnissan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm comin home.
My dad has a C50 and it is a very nice ride.

Got a lead on a 87 goldwing with some road rash for $250 and will check it out later this week.

I wounder what it would look like naked depending on the damage.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
92 Suzuki GSX1100G - painted it with my father-in-law a few weeks ago. Turned out pretty well I think:

Really fun bike to ride. It's a little tall though is cold-blooded as hell but otherwise it was the best $1500 I've spent. Thanks craigslist!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Simkin posted:

Sure, no problem. Would you like 120 Nm of torque with your order?

GSX 1400.

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007
Bags of cereal are awesome

Ola posted:

GSX 1400.

I hate North America. I've been drooling over this bike forever.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
That enormous block in front of the exhaust is an oil cooler?

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007

MrKatharsis posted:

That enormous block in front of the exhaust is an oil cooler?

Yes

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

evilnissan posted:

Got a lead on a 87 goldwing with some road rash for $250 and will check it out later this week.

I wounder what it would look like naked depending on the damage.

link

Whelp, looks like you've got a project ahead of you. :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

^^ Looks sharp, but goddamn that engine :btroll:

Ola posted:

Sure, no problem. Would you like 120 Nm of torque with your order?

GSX 1400.

Why must you taunt us poor North Americans with things that we can never have? :smithicide:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Simkin posted:

^^ Looks sharp, but goddamn that engine :btroll:

Why must you taunt us poor North Americans with things that we can never have? :smithicide:

Dude, we've got had the B-King. What more can you ask? Ungrateful canadians. :argh:

And that bobber is awesome for no other reason that it's a god drat goldwing. Would have never expected that. I wonder if you could do it to a modern one...:haw:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Z3n posted:

Dude, we've got had the B-King. What more can you ask? Ungrateful canadians. :argh:

gently caress my life that thing is ugly.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Simkin posted:

gently caress my life that thing is ugly.

Who could resist an rear end like that?

I would rock the hell out of a Bking.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
I loving love the looks of the B-King, personally.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
My zx600 followed me to work :unsmith:

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007

Z3n posted:

And that bobber is awesome for no other reason that it's a god drat goldwing. Would have never expected that. I wonder if you could do it to a modern one...:haw:

gently caress the B-King. That GSX 1400 is 10x better.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
The most recent pic of me on the new EX250. Sending this to the grandparents.

My co-pilot there on the tank is still waiting for her leathers.

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

MrKatharsis posted:

2006 Honda and breathing through four of those beasties.

Guess the turbine, win a prize!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

sirbeefalot posted:

The most recent pic of me on the new EX250. Sending this to the grandparents.

My co-pilot there on the tank is still waiting for her leathers.

Nice bike! Nice Helmet! I've got the same bike and helmet in different colors. Did you find that helmet in a store or order it online?