Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm

Z3n posted:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1908415

I know, college humor, but...the entire video is pretty much :aaaaa:

gently caress me, that's bleeding awesome.

Also, another wake up call, that's Edinburgh (Scotland for the geographically challenged). I was sat there open-mouthed at what he was doing, then I noticed the british style traffic lights and thought "cool, it's not some crazy french bloke for once". But that segment at the 2 minute part is almost directly outside the library for the Uni, it's a bit called George Square.

And the bit at 3 minutes is literally at the bottom of the hill that the castle sits on. That green bank to the left goes all the way up to the Castle walls.

I'll shut up and try to drink my coffee before I go open mouthed in more amazement and dribble it down myself.

*edit* well, screw me, they show the castle in silhouette at the beginning, shows how much attention I show before I've finished my coffee.

Orange Someone fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

New Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic

I think the moon just hit my eye like-a big pizza pie.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

MrZig posted:

Holy gently caress. How does one do any of that without the bike giving out and breaking every bone in your body?

Those BMX bikes (any bike really) can get ridiculously expensive, many many thousands of dollars.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

Those BMX bikes (any bike really) can get ridiculously expensive, many many thousands of dollars.

1.) There are virtually no BMX bikes that are "many many thousands of dollars" even with all top of the line hardware. Other bikes, yes. BMX, no.

2.) It doesn't take thousands of dollars to make a bike that doesn't fall apart under stress of being jumped, nor is price point any kind of reasonable answer to his question.

3.) That's not a BMX bike.

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 22, 2009

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Linedance posted:

New Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic

I think the moon just hit my eye like-a big pizza pie.

Ugh.. the V7 was sexy but this is unbearable. I don't have ten grand Guzzi, stop harassing me!

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
Fabio rides bieks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VSkY0MfOqk
(a lot of them)

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

1.) There are virtually no BMX bikes that are "many many thousands of dollars" even with all top of the line hardware. Other bikes, yes. BMX, no.

2.) It doesn't take thousands of dollars to make a bike that doesn't fall apart under stress of being jumped, nor is price point any kind of reasonable answer to his question.

3.) That's not a BMX bike.

1) You aren't looking at race bikes. I have a $1500ish baseline bmx race bike sitting in my garage back home from when I used to race. And 2 other $900 dollar base line bikes. BMX bikes can get very very expensive when you're getting them for certain things.

2,3) You're obviously correct.

Also goddamn that new moto guzzi is sexy.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

pr0zac posted:

Fabio rides bieks:
(a lot of them)

Fabio is so much cooler now.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Trintintin posted:

1) You aren't looking at race bikes.

That's why I said "virtually" ;) Most people riding freestyle or tricking out aren't doing it on a legit BMX race bike. :)

And yeah, that Guzzi is loving hot.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Actually that's not what I meant. What I meant is why doesn't the bike fly out from under the rider in many situations that it looks like it rightly should!

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

MrZig posted:

Actually that's not what I meant. What I meant is why doesn't the bike fly out from under the rider in many situations that it looks like it rightly should!

I figured as much, which is why the response you got surely didn't answer your question.

With trials riding, as with freestyle/bmx/etc., there's a lot of physical wrenching and articulation and general movement going on that might not be readily apparent. It's a lot like surfing or skating in that you're alternately moving in harmony with your steed and forcing it to bend to your will. That said, I've spent most of my bicycle time messenging while clipped into a track bike so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Needs the white tank and sidecovers from the classic.

(White bikes are the sexiest)

Humper
Apr 15, 2003

Very concerned about penis

MrZig posted:

pfft two wheels. So easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hZzYg9YlMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wRyETb0P9A

etc.

I can barely keep mine going.

Humper fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 22, 2009

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Taken in Fort Pierce, FL

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

What's so special about a BMW R1200GS Adventure in Florida? Look at the plates; they're Irish. The guy, Enda, came to the US via China after riding across Europe and Asia. Amazing trip.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

pr0zac posted:

Fabio rides bieks:
(a lot of them)

I wouldn't want to keep track of all those keys and if he just leaves them in the ignition, switching out all of the keys in the ignitions would be a constant worry.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcGy88GeGgQ&fmt=18

Testing out a new camera in the office, boss needed a target to watch driving around. (My Olympia jacket, pants, and gloves are on my desk)

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

MrZig posted:

It's a lot of muscle memory after a long time, after not having ridden a bmx bike in 5 years, I took mine out to the track and could still jump 15 foot stepups and stuff without much of a problem, I was just not a smooth as before. At first though its learning how to use your arms to pull the bike up, and using your legs and feet to keep it balanced underneath you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCFcpSwUyeg

That video is a perfect example of what your body has to do to keep the bike from flying away.

That said, the inspire video is amazing beyond words and if I could ever ride like that and have one third of that mans balance I would love myself. I was good at going fast over jumps, not balancing on fences and jumping off of bridges.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I saw this at the Walmart in Lubbock, TX. The photo didn't come out very well with my cellphone camera, but it was covered in stickers and kanji.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Z3n posted:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1908415

I know, college humor, but...the entire video is pretty much :aaaaa:

God drat coming from a BMX background that video just made me want to go out and ride all loving day. Absolutely inspiring. And how the gently caress do trials bikers get so much more height than BMX riders? Is it because of the bigger tire and some crazy physics?

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Z3n posted:

I remember catching MTV Cribs Fabio, must have been 10 years ago. All I saw was his kitchen, but it was completely packed with bikes, to the point where he couldn't even get to the fridge.

He would be much cooler of he donated to the 150+ bikes that he hasn't ridden is a year+ to some kids, or held a lotto or something. As cool as that many bikes is, its just being a pack rat. Keep the unique or special bikes, get rid of all the standard stuff.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

mutt2jeff posted:

I remember catching MTV Cribs Fabio, must have been 10 years ago. All I saw was his kitchen, but it was completely packed with bikes, to the point where he couldn't even get to the fridge.

He would be much cooler of he donated to the 150+ bikes that he hasn't ridden is a year+ to some kids, or held a lotto or something. As cool as that many bikes is, its just being a pack rat. Keep the unique or special bikes, get rid of all the standard stuff.

Saw this linked on another site and found it amusing. Bonus wheelies at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lg-fZjSHYw&feature=player_embedded

He's a regular at the Laguna MotoGP too.

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007
Bags of cereal are awesome

mutt2jeff posted:

Same thing I was thinking. No one needs 100+ dirt bikes.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

dietcokefiend posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcGy88GeGgQ&fmt=18
(My Olympia jacket, pants, and gloves are on my desk)

LOOKS LIKE YOU REMEMBERED YOUR IMPULSE TO ROLL STOP SIGNS :devil:

allcaps

KidDynamite posted:

Is it because of the bigger tire and some crazy physics?

3:30 would point to "crazy physics" as well as "master of time and space".

Handiklap fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 23, 2009

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.
whoops

Handiklap fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 23, 2009

bung
Dec 14, 2004

A guy at one of my photo forums posted some pictures that he took of his friends bikes.

:whatup:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That bike has no exhaust and a Ferrari sticker. I'm not sure what to think here.

It is a nice picture though.

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

bung posted:

A guy at one of my photo forums posted some pictures that he took of his friends bikes.

:whatup:

hehehe, I saw these too on my local forum. Seemed like quite the awkward bunch... Some nice looking bikes, kinda cheesy (there is a big Chester the Cheetah on that wall, somewhere) artsy background, but something was just not right. But i dunno, if I babbied my bike so that it looked good in photos I might have gone.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

That bike has no exhaust and a Ferrari sticker. I'm absolutely sure what to think here.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That R6 has dreams of becoming something greater.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Nice Thruxton on my street. But it's mating season after all, need to be careful.

This was yesterday:

This was today:

He's getting frisky!

I've given my bike pills so should be safe. Hard to see in the cell phone pics, but the Thruxton has one of those small frame things used on bicycles to hold water bottles etc. Right in front the shock, it's holding a tire repair can.

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Skreemer posted:

you can always do the cloverleaf 200...

all of the on ramps and off ramps face each other you could go around and around and never stop... till someone calls the cops that is... (ask Joe how he makes cops dizzy when they try to follow him on his 83 GS1100E.)

Chicagoonlander Spotted

I live in harvard, il but my ex lived right off kitson just to the left of the map.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
yeah but.. how do you.. i mean it doesn't look like it can.. is it 'look but don't ride'? i mean leaning during turns doesn't seem optional.. so do you.. or maybe you.. ARGH WHAT THE gently caress JAPAN :argh:

more here

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Dicking around with a camera, bought a camera attachment for the RAM mount which usually accomodates the GPS. It's just a rubber ball with a 1/4" bolt, so I guess it's a screwball?

The sound is atrocious, but I guess I can fix it with a tiny piece of foam and some gaffa tape. The camera is just a regular digital compact but has a slightly wide lens which works really well. Unless I go over 3000 rpm or 20 mph, then the vibrations screw up the picture. A carb sync might help, but any other tips for killing vibes in the picture is appreciated. The mount is on the handlebar as you might tell, not very easy to secure it other practical places. There's two rubber balls between the handlebars and the camera, I was hoping they would damp the vibes more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK3iKX-HRdg

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Fantastipotamus posted:

yeah but.. how do you.. i mean it doesn't look like it can.. is it 'look but don't ride'? i mean leaning during turns doesn't seem optional.. so do you.. or maybe you.. ARGH WHAT THE gently caress JAPAN :argh:

more here

Not that I can answer for the width of that rear tire, but a lot of these are on air suspensions, like lowrider cars.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Ola posted:

Dicking around with a camera, bought a camera attachment for the RAM mount which usually accomodates the GPS. It's just a rubber ball with a 1/4" bolt, so I guess it's a screwball?

The sound is atrocious, but I guess I can fix it with a tiny piece of foam and some gaffa tape. The camera is just a regular digital compact but has a slightly wide lens which works really well. Unless I go over 3000 rpm or 20 mph, then the vibrations screw up the picture. A carb sync might help, but any other tips for killing vibes in the picture is appreciated. The mount is on the handlebar as you might tell, not very easy to secure it other practical places. There's two rubber balls between the handlebars and the camera, I was hoping they would damp the vibes more.

Wow, you weren't kidding about the zig-zag. Did you turn the camera off while you stopped to say hello to the ladies?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

jdonz posted:

Wow, you weren't kidding about the zig-zag. Did you turn the camera off while you stopped to say hello to the ladies?

That's where I live, in the red house. I cut the film short to fit under 100 megs also so the internet wouldn't see me struggling to move the bike backwards and ride down over the sloping corner so I don't gently caress up my headers. :blush:

The ladies in red jumpsuits are Russ, highschool graduates which will be annoying the poo poo out the city until mid May.

I had a :c00l: moment with some russ in traffic today, I was filtering through a queue and suddenly one guy reaches a card to me from a car I was passing. It's one of those cards mentioned in the wiki article. I had to let go of my throttle hand to grab it, but did so without crashing and we exchanged thumbs up.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Ola posted:

Hard to see in the cell phone pics, but the Thruxton has one of those small frame things used on bicycles to hold water bottles etc. Right in front the shock, it's holding a tire repair can.

Heh. I like that.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

Someone buy this man a supermoto.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

Ola posted:

I had a :c00l: moment with some russ in traffic today, I was filtering through a queue and suddenly one guy reaches a card to me from a car I was passing. It's one of those cards mentioned in the wiki article. I had to let go of my throttle hand to grab it, but did so without crashing and we exchanged thumbs up.

I also had a moment like that once. Some douchebag 15ish year old kid was waving around one of those tiny flags that they use to mark water mains and gas lines with, and as I was riding by him he swung it at me (It was a narrow back road that he was walking down the wrong way on). Since he was on my right, I instinctively stayed on the throttle, grabbed for it, and ripped the little marker flag right out of his hand. I road away holding it in the air in victory, and laughing like a mad man.

Fake edit: That sounds like I was unreasonably close to a pedestrian, but if you've ever seen those markers they are attached to like 3-4 feet of wire to stick into the ground, and his arm was fully extended because he was swinging at me for no reason at all.

For content.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBkSkAoWBq0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The custom purple turd with TWZTD license plate surrounded by a fake barbwire frame, the Harley mama decked out in full officially branded gear, and the balding middle-age guy with the new sportbike who stalled it whenever the light went green. No helmets. This is New Hampshire motorcycling at its finest.