Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Awwww yeahhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Joe Fisto posted:

That's exactly how it works. I had to buy this wave online. So far there have been no retail (wak-mart, target..) sightings of these guys.

Yeah, what's going on with them? All of a sudden, mighty muggs just sort of died. Other than the second series of transformers, I haven't seen any new ones since like November. I really want that Wampa.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah, what's going on with them? All of a sudden, mighty muggs just sort of died. Other than the second series of transformers, I haven't seen any new ones since like November. I really want that Wampa.

The Wampa wave is on-line only. If you don't want the whole wave BBTS has wampas for sale by themselves. It doesn't look like the preorder is sold out yet.

Now all future Muggs that go to brick and mortar stores will be TRU only. Kinda sucks, but it was that our outright cancellation.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

The Wampa wave is on-line only. If you don't want the whole wave BBTS has wampas for sale by themselves. It doesn't look like the preorder is sold out yet.

Now all future Muggs that go to brick and mortar stores will be TRU only. Kinda sucks, but it was that our outright cancellation.

Wow, that really sucks. $13 + $9 shipping. Unfortunately Mighty Muggs aren't worth $22.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bob Cthulhu posted:

How are you guys displaying your Muggs? I've got like 30 of them, and I'm out of space. Some sort of shelf would be preferred, but a case would work, too.

You can buy laminate shelves at Menards/Lowes/Home Depot for as little as $7.00 each.

Joe Fisto posted:

The Wampa line is a Diamond/Online co exclusive. Your local comic shop might have them.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rhyno posted:

You can buy laminate shelves at Menards/Lowes/Home Depot for as little as $7.00 each.

The Wampa line is a Diamond/Online co exclusive. Your local comic shop might have them.
Hasbro has Wampa for sale on their site. They have all of them from that wave except the Imperial Guard. They won't ship until May though but you don't have to pay inflated prices.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

God damnit why can't I live in a cool city that gets the Terminator toys on the shelf before they're supposed to be out. :( It's days like this I hate Flagstaff, holy poo poo. I'll be doubly pissed if Phoenix/Tempe/Tucson actually have the Terminator toys at their local Wal-Mart/Target stores, but Flagstaff is just retarded or some poo poo. I was totally ready to drop, like, $60 on Terminator toys today, too. :(

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 16, 2009

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

God damnit why can't I live in a cool city that gets the Terminator toys on the shelf before they're supposed to be out. :( It's days like this I hate Flagstaff, holy poo poo. I'll be doubly pissed if Phoenix/Tempe/Tucson actually have the Terminator toys at their local Wal-Mart/Target stores, but Flagstaff is just retarded or some poo poo. I was totally ready to drop, like, $60 on Terminator toys today, too. :(

I have some dog poo poo in my backyard. Let me know how much you want.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Found the Terminator figures at my local k-mart, they opened up a fresh case for me, the breakdown is:

1x John Connor

1x Marcus

1x T-700

1x T-1

2x T-RIP

2x T-600

I got the T-700, T-RIP and the T-600. The T-700 is is my favorite out of the bunch, I really like the dark coloration, and the bit of texture on the head and chest is cool. The best part is that he is right in scale with DST's Stargate and Battlestar Galactica figures. Some parts on the sculpt are really soft, especially in the head, but the body is pretty nicely done.

I'm wondering if we will see a variant in a bit, alot of the prototype pics and samples sent to Action-figure.com show the figure with mouths that are sculpted closed, unlike the open versions that are now available.

The T-RIP (which for all intents and purpouses is the T-800) shares most of the body parts with the T-700. The chest and head are different, as they lack the texture, and the T-RIP's head is slightly smaller, and the chest has a sort of "curve" to the upper portion of it. I can't tell which part is smaller, but the T-RIP is noticeably shorter than the T-700, but as far as I can tell, the legs are the same, so the differnece must be in the spine or chest pieces.

The T-600 is the weakest of the bunch, but man is he big, like really big. The minigun and backpack is a nice accessory, and the two interchangeable heads are nice, but the robot head is pretty much the only one I'll be displaying it with.

I was intially gonna get the T-1, but he is really small, and would be in scale more with the 3 3/4" figures.

The human figs were pretty much junk, although I may pick up a John Connor on clearance, as the T-600 battle damaged torso he comes with looks pretty cool.

Oh, hey Xeno, if you are still looking for a blue highlighted NECA "Aliens" Warrior Alien, Try checking Toys R us, they seem to be getting them in.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 17, 2009

scare
Nov 25, 2002
Here's how i got into the DCUC,

I've been annoyed with myself over the years that i never finished off my SuperPowers collection.
To get the last four i'd need *Clark Kent, Shazam, Orion and stupid cyborg* I could put a down payment on a house.
So in my twisted logic i figured i'd try and recreate the line with the DCUC guys...
But these drat things are so hard to come by up here, but here's what i'm at so far..

and now i'm crossing my fingers that Golden Pharoah, Cyclotron and Samurai get made...

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

profbobo posted:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Awwww yeahhhh

Very nice, though I thought Iron Man would be shinier.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

I have some dog poo poo in my backyard. Let me know how much you want.
Just because YOU don't like them doesn't mean no one is allowed to like them. <:mad:>

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

scare posted:

Here's how i got into the DCUC,

I've been annoyed with myself over the years that i never finished off my SuperPowers collection.
To get the last four i'd need *Clark Kent, Shazam, Orion and stupid cyborg* I could put a down payment on a house.
So in my twisted logic i figured i'd try and recreate the line with the DCUC guys...
But these drat things are so hard to come by up here, but here's what i'm at so far..

and now i'm crossing my fingers that Golden Pharoah, Cyclotron and Samurai get made...

That's awesome

scare
Nov 25, 2002

Travis343 posted:

That's awesome

thanks! got a ways to go, i missed out on the earlier waves, so i've got a lot of catching up to do, but that's the plan.
looks like Brainiac, Luthor and Clark Kent are hard to come by,
and i'm really liking the sp versions of Parademon and mantis coming..

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Mugendai posted:

How does that work exactly? Removable Hair and a face on both sides of her head? Hope I'm actually able to find that wave here.

there was a darth vader mugg like that. One side was the helmet, other side was the helmet-less face from the end of Jedi. Just swing it around under the back of the helmet and take your pick!

I didn't know the phoenix worked like that. I only want the civilian wolvie from that line and my local shop has some of them but all for 18 each. gently caress that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sometimes you gotta pay the piper!

I paid $25 CDN a piece at my local comic book store for muggs that are imported from the states. Us Canadians get generic boxes with a sticker that has the name of the figure on it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hell yea

Click here for the full 1162x1446 image.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I scored two of the new Terminator Salvation toys today at Target. I got the jumbo T-600, and the Aerial HK (with mini T-700). The character toys come in 3 sizes, 3.75" (think GI Joes or Star Wars toys), 6", and 10", and they had the T-600 in all 3 sizes. One thing that was common for all three is that the T-600 is big. Like, substantially bigger than the other characters for each scale.
The 10" T-600's eyes are LED lights, and it actually has a rubber-skin mask and the barrel of its minigun rotates and the ammo feed works.

I had originally planned to get the 6" one, but it really does look goofy in person and I'd say it looks the worst of the three.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I scored two of the new Terminator Salvation toys today at Target. I got the jumbo T-600, and the Aerial HK (with mini T-700). The character toys come in 3 sizes, 3.75" (think GI Joes or Star Wars toys), 6", and 10", and they had the T-600 in all 3 sizes. One thing that was common for all three is that the T-600 is big. Like, substantially bigger than the other characters for each scale.
The 10" T-600's eyes are LED lights, and it actually has a rubber-skin mask and the barrel of its minigun rotates and the ammo feed works.

I had originally planned to get the 6" one, but it really does look goofy in person and I'd say it looks the worst of the three.

The 6" T-600 really looks alot better with the full endo head on. The body sculpt is still pretty bad, but he looks way cooler. I really hope they make a 6" scale endoskeleton T-600, the size difference between him and the other endos would look really cool.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Aerial HK is really kickass, it's a lot cooler than I expected. The T-700 mini-figure isn't a "pilot", it's a deployable unit - you can load it in a cargo hatch in the underside, and presumably "drop" it when you open the hatch if you don't clip it into place. The HK has landing gear, the turbofans rotate, it's got 2 launching missiles, and you can rotate the four underbelly turrets. The turrets aren't on ball joints which is kinda lame, but they still rotate. The thing has a lot of detail, it's really cool.

The mini-T-700 (I assume it's identical to the 3.75" one you can buy separately) is cooler than I expected, too. It's got a lot of detail, and a lot of the pistons in the shoulders and thighs are actually separate pieces and you can see the gaps between them, they're not all one solid piece like I expected for that scale. You can see all the rivets and panels and whatnot, and even the CPU access port on the top of the head and stuff. The teeth/lower jaw looks kinda goofy, but at such a small scale I really don't mind.

Oh yeah, and the jumbo 10" T-600 has ball joint shoulders and hips, and working pistons in the arms, and a spring-loaded waist that snaps it back to the front-facing position when you twist it, just like the old-school Kenner T2 endoskeletons did. :v:

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Two new customs:

Jason Todd

X-Force Wolverine

Wolverine debuted the new auction template:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=120408085215

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Holy tits, it's the DCUC Power Girl!

Click here for the full 619x1200 image.

I wonder if she'll show up in the next Wal-Mart wave (wave 10) or in wave 12 since we already know what wave 11 is:

Forager
Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

Somewhere in wave 10 or 12, we're also getting a brown Man-bat and Joker.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Apr 19, 2009

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

How often do new waves come out? Because I definitely want that Power Girl figure.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Waves 1-6 all came out last year, so I'd assume we'll get through wave 12 this year. Wave 8 has just started showing up in some places.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

I wonder if she'll show up in the next Wal-Mart wave (wave 10) or in wave 12 since we already know what wave 11 is:

Forager
Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

Sweet dirty pillows, that is awesome. I love that Four Horsemen have gotten free reign to make whatever figures they want, and further love them for apparently wanting figures of just about every group I'm most interested in.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Forager
Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

I love DCUC so much. I am so loving stoked about Vic Sage, and more Kirby characters are always welcome.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm not big on New Gods but I'm not going to complain.

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
Some impressive figures in here, that grimlock is amazing specially its little helmet.

I've set up this blog with some of of my collection and my friends sometimes add to it.

http://fuel-boy.blogspot.com/

Click here for the full 800x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1200x801 image.

Click here for the full 1200x800 image.

Click here for the full 1066x1600 image.

Click here for the full 917x1200 image.

Picked up that hulk at the con here in Toronto this weekend. Wioslea is my favorite for sure though.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Err. Nevermind.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 20, 2009

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You heard it here first: I have the Indie Spotlight figures IN MY HAND. For real. If you can get behind the cheesy cartoonish sculpting style, they're fun. The "pink fairy" isz are hilarious and perfect.

The Maxx is a very weird figure. He's made out of kind of rubbery plastic, with a lot of ball-and-socket joints that are easy to accidentally pull apart, but the result is some pretty crazy articulation. Ultimately the old McFarlane Toys figure looks way better, but this one is more fun to play with. His Outback headdress looks dumb, but his regular head looks better than I expected. He sort of reminds me of the "saturday morning cartoon" Maxx from the dream sequence where he was running around with a fish bowl.

The Scud figure is the star of the line, in my opinion... a little smaller than I hoped, but he looks awesome in every pose. I want a 12" version. With an optional werewolf arm. The SOL variant is cool too. (edit: I just noticed that if you read the fine print, the sign on SOL's back says he's "heartbreaker series 1373." D'oh!)

I don't really understand the logic of making a goofy-looking super-articulated figure of Katchoo. I read some Strangers in Paradise years ago, and I liked it, but she's not that compelling as a toy.

The Shadowhawk figures look good, but I don't know much about Shadowhawk. Kabuki is not bad but the old MAC version was a whole lot classier. This one looks dumb without her mask, and is missing her cool facial scars, but the articulation is a selling point.

I have yet to see Mr. Gone (he's still in production, they say, but I'll receive one when they're ready) but as previously stated: if such a thing as a Mr. Gone figure exists, I must have it, goofy-looking though it may be.

Summary: The Scud figures are amazing, the rest are ho-hum. It's arguable that the great articulation makes up for generally lackluster sculpting. They were worth it to me for the small army of multi-colored isz, which I'll probably just display around my old McFarlane Maxx figure.

Edit again: Here's a twist. They all come with an insert saying I can mail in my upc's and get a Mr. Gone. Supposedly I'm already signed up for one from ordering the set... but what exactly is stopping me from mailing in the UPC's for a second one? Assuming I used a friend's name and address as a front, I don't see how they'd even know. If I end up with two of them, I'll let you guys know.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 21, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

My mind is honestly blown. That's the result of a 5 year culmination.

In other random news, the Marvel universe figures are selling terribly where I am. The wal-mart MU pegs look similar to the Indiana Jones pegs last summer, just packed to the gills with no signs of moving. They have at least 5 of every single figure. My fingers are crossed for a price decrease.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
Mapocho, those are awesome shots, I'd love to know some of the details behind your pictures.

edit: on that note, here are 2 shots I did with a 50mm of Black Mask and my SDCC Joker.

Click here for the full 681x1024 image.

Click here for the full 681x1024 image.

TheKingPuuChuu fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 21, 2009

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
This starfighter picture shows the some of the tools I use on the figures themselves: the dremel, watercolour brush markers, rubbing cloth to seep in the details into the grooves or cuts on the surfaces, rust coloured dust to rub in into metal parts, gold and silver markers and a lighter to just burn them good.

I got a real ghetto studio setup, 3 desk lamps and an ikea light with a white paper cover to fill in. I also wrapped a tin tin book in aluminum foil which I use as a light bounce sometimes. I took a poster with a white back, propped it up and secured it with masking tape and some cardboard to make a place for the figures to stand in, then the rest is just playing with where the lights are.

I use a Canon Digital Rebel XT, on a tripod with the timer set to take the pictures because they blur too much sometimes even when I just press the trigger on it. I really need a remote for it and better lenses.

Then treat the raw files in PS and that's my process!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sunfire is showing up at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for like $6.99 so you guys know.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

I tried to "Improve" my T-600 by adding a grenade bandoleer and belt straps for his ammo packpack, like the HT version has. I think I may try to make a rubber mask for him using mold builder or plasti dip, and maybe do some drybrushing paint work. I also wanna see if I can cannabalize one of my old rifles and mount a M203 grenade launcher under his left forearm. Anyways, here he is next to a DST figure:

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nerd Of Prey posted:

You heard it here first: I have the Indie Spotlight figures IN MY HAND. For real.

Pics?

Mr. Fixit
Jan 28, 2003

BBTS just got pix up last nightish
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1623&category=4510

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

I tried to "Improve" my T-600 by adding a grenade bandoleer and belt straps for his ammo packpack, like the HT version has. I think I may try to make a rubber mask for him using mold builder or plasti dip, and maybe do some drybrushing paint work. I also wanna see if I can cannabalize one of my old rifles and mount a M203 grenade launcher under his left forearm. Anyways, here he is next to a DST figure:

What did you use for the belt straps? That looks pretty neat.

I actually improved my 10" T-600 by cutting away parts of the rubber mask with an X-acto knife -- the mask has "damaged" parts sculpted on and then painted chrome, to simulate places where the rubber mask is damaged and you can see the endo-skull underneath. Well I cut those pars away, leaving holes where you can actually see the figure's endo-skull. It made it look a lot better.

I'll try and take some pics in the next couple of days when I have access to a camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

bgaesop posted:

Pics?

Not that I'd expect everybody to know this, but there are a ton of pictures of the actual factory figures up in various threads on the Shocker Toys forums... check this one: http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3023 (I'm not a member there, but I still had their site bookmarked from when I was wondering what the hell the status was.)

BBTS is using the stock photos of the prototypes, FYI. There are minor differences, like the Scud figure isn't painted glossy yellow, he's just bare yellow plastic with some faint orange airbrushing. Here's a good photo from that thread of the two Scud figures in neat poses: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/Shogi88/SCUD/Scud10.jpg They have no trouble standing freely in positions like that.

The factory Katchoo figure actually looks nicer than the prototype. The paint job on her face is excellent. If for some reason you've been waiting all your life for a Katchoo action figure, this one won't disappoint... I'm just not sure what the odds are that anyone has.