Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

And if I can't see it's for want of you.
Didn't see this posted anywhere, but New York band The Stupid Stupid Henchmen recently released their discography free to download here.

Recommended for anybody who likes Leftover Crack, No Cash, Choking Victim, etc.

I guess it's more punk than ska, but there are a lot of ska-punk songs and a few modern-sounding ska songs.

(Interesting sidenote: the guitarist/vocalist animates for the Adult Swim show Superjail.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I just clicked the first song on the page and it rules.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

I've only listened to a few yet but they are great so far

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
My band Legitimate Business posted new two songs last night - hoping for some SA feedback. I already met someone from this thread at the Philly Punk Rock Flea Market (but sorry, I forgot your username!)

Streaming: http://www.myspace.com/legitimatebusiness
Direct Links:
Remember When (poppy punkska! summertime!)
SOS (heavier punk sounds! minor to major key changes! 4/4! 6/8! 11/4 to 13/4!

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

Well I feel bad that no one has responded to you hedgecore. Not completely my style, just FYI. The first new song reminds me of a mix of BTMI (minus synth) and early Everclear. The second song I like a lot more. I can't place what it sounds like, but it's pretty good.

Also, I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but Passafire is frickin awesome.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

I like the new stuff, Sneve.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I'm digging the music, and it's nice to know you're close to Brooklyn. If I'm back in time from my road trip on the 18th, I'll try to make your show.

Lurchington
Jan 2, 2003

Forums Dragoon
Gush post about an album I'm sure everyone got the discussion out of their system a long time ago:

Finally got the full album for "Somewhere in the Between" (along with a very nice hoodie from the RISC store) and I've been listening to it pretty much on repeat the last two days.

To me, I'm having a hard time picking favorites between that and "Everything Goes Numb" and that kind of means that I can't imagine a mix tape that mixed the two albums, because they're just so different in my mind. That's pretty amazing for what amounts to your second original album without changing genres.

Love this disc.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

I know there are a few NYC goons out there so you might be interested in knowing that Streetlight Manifesto is playing at SUNY Purchase tomorrow. I have no idea for how long but I just know that I'll be there.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone needs to drive me to Buffalo on May 28 so I can see Mustard Plug dammit

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Thornes posted:

I know there are a few NYC goons out there so you might be interested in knowing that Streetlight Manifesto is playing at SUNY Purchase tomorrow. I have no idea for how long but I just know that I'll be there.
This just brought an SM show at the Recher here on the 24th to my attention, thank you thank you thank you

Ticketmaster wants more than 50% of the ticket price in fees, I'll be down the street from the venue in an hour, gently caress Ticketmaster, I'll buy them there

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

The English Beat are touring Canada and the US right now. Good times; go see them.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Back from Bmore Streetlight show!

highlights: MOTHERFUCKING KEASBEY NIGHTS :hellyeah: thanks guys! Failing, Flailing; A Better Place, A Better Time; We Are The Few; Point/Counterpoint; Linoleum; The Big Sleep (apparently quite rare live).

They played five of the ten songs off Somewhere In The Between including most of my favorites, and while I adore that album and listen to it more than the other two combined I have to say I enjoyed the stuff from the first album more tonight. Lot of old stuff in the mix, was really a blast.

I know a lot of you guys don't like the Linoleum cover, but I love it and I think it's way better than the NOFX version. Keasbey Nights was the song that got me into the band and I was super stoked to hear it.

Tomas says (a) 99 Songs is coming out in the not too distant future no seriously (even he made jokes about how long they take to release anything -- said they decided to make it 999 Songs instead just to be certain it would never come out); (b) they'll be working on another album of original music not too long after (more jokes about delays); and (c) after that album they will be off of Victory Records and are pretty stoked about that.

I hope their deal with Victory's not too bad -- Streetlight's albums were among the first ones to go up for sale on Amazon MP3, and without that I might never have gotten into them, and they're now one of my favorite bands.

If like me you didn't buy a shirt from their last tour you may be glad to know that they've added a very nice simple light one to the lineup since last year: http://www.theriscstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=25

I had a loving blast, Tomas is so much fun. And while I've seen some incredibly lame crowds here, my fellow Baltimorons were nice and spirited tonight.

Oh oh oh and local openers the Skakabobs are reunited I guess maybe? I first heard of them like a week ago. They were very good, lots of fun. I asked their saxophonist -- who played guitar during one song, during which he accidentally broke his guitar -- if they were back together long-term. He shrugged and said he had no idea. I did manage to score a CD they had left over from before the breakup. Looks like it's available on iTunes too. Skakabobs MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/theskakabobs

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Does anybody have any thoughts on Sonic Boom Six?

I've been listening to their Arcade Perfect album and while I think some of their songs sound pretty good I'm not really into the rest of it.

So I was wondering if they have any better albums to try or if they're just not worth it.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I love SB6 but Arcade Perfect is their best album hands down. There are some good tracks on The Ruff Guide To Genre Terrorism (most notably "All In," which coincidentally features Coolie Ranx), but it's definitely not as good. Sounds To Consume is pretty bad.

Their new album, City of Thieves, is due out May 4 (yeah, it was pushed back due to manufacturing problems, according to their website) and I expect it will be awesome.

Smegbot
Jul 13, 2006

Mon the Biffy!

guppy posted:

Their new album, City of Thieves, is due out May 4 (yeah, it was pushed back due to manufacturing problems, according to their website) and I expect it will be awesome.

They put up a digital download of it for folk that had it preordered. It's definitely an awesome record, really enjoying it.

One of the tracks is on the BBC Radio 1 Punk Show just now - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/mikedavies/

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Thornes posted:

Does anybody have any thoughts on Sonic Boom Six?

I've been listening to their Arcade Perfect album and while I think some of their songs sound pretty good I'm not really into the rest of it.

So I was wondering if they have any better albums to try or if they're just not worth it.

Which songs did you like?

City of Thieves is good but drat depressing : /

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

josh04 posted:

Which songs did you like?

The songs I've been enjoying so far have been Arcade Perfect, While you were sleeping, and For 12 weeks, the city is theirs.

Arcade Perfect is what I enjoy the most though, I really like the energy behind it.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Post awesome ska videos

The Planet Smashsers - Change

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aquabats - Martian Girl
Less Than Jake - Johnny Quest
Edna's Goldfish - Veronica Sawyer

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

ASOB Kill the President acoustic
Pizza Day Cover

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Heyyy they're playing in NJ on Saturday

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Mustard Plug is playing Buffalo next month and I probably won't be able to go which sucks

Also need to post it again because it's been a while since I did a plug

4point0 - If You Really Love Me (Flaming Tsunamis cover)

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

The Best of 3rd Wave TV, an out of print VHS that has a lot of awesome bands, and starts out with some vintage Reel Big Fish.

Misc fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 29, 2009

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
New video of the Specials with almost all of their original members. It's killer so make sure you watch this first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5KHqhNtwis

Then check this poo poo out cause it's hilarious. It's Kylie Minoque and The Wiggles doing Monkey Man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndkxsM-vNIU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Aquabats - Super Rad
Aquabats - Idiot Box (live)

Reel Big Fish - Take on Me
Reel Big Fish - Sell Out
Reel Big Fish - Party Down

ASoB - So Let's Go! Nowhere

BtMI! - I'm a Panic Bomb, Baby! (live)
BtMI! - Saddr Weirdr (live)
BtMI! - Stand There Until You're Sober (live)
BtMI! - Even Winning Feels Bad (live)
BtMI! - I Don't Love You Anymore (live)

Basically just go to YouTube and type in "Bomb the Music Industry!"

Here's a bonus from a local band in Jersey singing their most popular (loving awesome) song:

Awful Waffle - Beeswat (music video)
Awful Waffle - Beeswat (ive at Bamboozle)

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Best BTMI video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB7J9jz5qew

Yea that's me on drums :smug:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Are you loving serious that is awesome as hell

Over the last 6 months or so BtMI! has become my runaway favorite band. There was a time when I liked ASOB more, oh how foolish I was. Three Cheers for Disappointment is still my favorite Jeff Rosenstock-related album

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The only BTMI song I really love is Unlimited Breadsticks, Soup, And Salad Days and there's no video for that

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

You like that song and not I Dont Love You Anymore or 493 Ruth? That seems odd to me.

e: Or Pizza Claus, too.

e2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81nrJkj7IT8

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 29, 2009

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

Miscellaneous_T posted:

The Best of 3rd Wave TV, and out of print VHS that has a lot of awesome bands, and starts out with some vintage Reel Big Fish.

This makes me very happy.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Hope I Never Lose My Wallet

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Hell of a Hat

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - You Gotta Go!

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Obama Yo Mama posted:

You like that song and not I Dont Love You Anymore or 493 Ruth? That seems odd to me.

bike test.... stuff that i like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYgJ3TrIfPQ

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I don't know man

I like BTMI but that's their only song that I really love

I spent a week of basic training with it stuck in my head

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Dickeye posted:

I don't know man

I like BTMI but that's their only song that I really love

I spent a week of basic training with it stuck in my head

I mean you're fully entitled to your opinion, but I just feel that those 4 songs are very similar and if you really liked one, you'd really like them all. That's why it seemed a bit odd to me v:shobon:v

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Rascal King

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Simmer Down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAW2ZmbvPI[/url]Mighty Mighty Bosstones - She Just Happened[/url]