Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

raditts posted:

Haha, good to hear. Was there some kind of bitterness involved in his leaving (aside from the fact that he loving sucks)? This is enough to make me start listening again.

He seemed a bit pissed but was trying to stay cool about it. I guess they emailed him a few weeks ago to essentially say the show's budget was getting cut and they needed to talk with him. The staff was aware he was leaving but were not talking about it. About halfway through the show he said "no hard feelings" but they were not paying him anymore so he was just going to leave. Drew said he was sorry he has to go and blamed the economy. Anne gave a quick "sorry" and Anderson said "I hated you when you first got here, but I came around and I'm glad I got to piss you off all the time." They hit commercials and came back to Drew taking calls without another mention. At the end Drew gave another thanks to Stryker before being interrupted by Anderson saying who was the guest for the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Binton posted:

Oooooh I just heard on Loveline tonight that Adam is coming back to do a week or so of shows in the near future. Rockin.

Are you loving kidding me

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
good times

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
Nothing better than a cold shoulder from Drew and Anderson.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dr. Drew didn't seem to be that emotional when Adam left, and Adam is the guy who made his career.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

UltraRed posted:

Dr. Drew didn't seem to be that emotional when Adam left, and Adam is the guy who made his career.

If you watched the Adam Carolla Project they filmed Adam's last day and Drew seemed almost as if he didn't believe he was really moving on.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
Wouldn't it be great if Adam came back and we could just act like that whole "Stryker" period didn't happen? It'd be like when Brian from Family guy visits Germany, and there's a big gap in their art history timeline from 1939-1944. Like, what was going on then? What, oh, we were just busy making with other things.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

JGdmn posted:

If you watched the Adam Carolla Project they filmed Adam's last day and Drew seemed almost as if he didn't believe he was really moving on.

What is this project and why have I not heard of it before?

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

UltraRed posted:

What is this project and why have I not heard of it before?

It was adam and his school buddy crew renovating a house. I saw one episode (all I could find), and it was pretty funny, but they censored the swearing. So, like, every 6th word.

It was funny though.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The series lasted one season, is no longer played, and didn't get picked up for DVD. The upside is that the entire run is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUE66qVd7c

It's definitely the most entertaining home improvement show ever made, though that isn't really saying much.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Watch it. It’s totally worth it.

Also: Ray’s flakyness is staggering, Chris doesn’t know as much as he thinks he does, and Ozzie loves to eat/cook. If you haven’t laid eyes on Donnie, he’s in there too.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Binton posted:

Oooooh I just heard on Loveline tonight that Adam is coming back to do a week or so of shows in the near future. Rockin.

Mom and Dad are getting back together?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Donny's picture is on the carolla radio site. Makes me hate him even more.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
I didn't realize that TACP filmed Adam's last Loveline appearance. I got to the second to the last episode and kind of forgot to finish the season so this will make me finish it out. I highly recommend that Adam fans check it out. It's completely weird to hear this world that you've only seen in glimpses (Adam's storries, Ray & Ozzie on TACS, Donnie on the podcast) in a much more day to day context.

I will never understand how Adam thought it was a good idea to sink his money into an investment that required Ray to actually get stuff done.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Unbelievable. I never really expected to get new Loveline with Adam and Dr. Drew.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

TheDingo posted:

The series lasted one season, is no longer played, and didn't get picked up for DVD. The upside is that the entire run is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUE66qVd7c

It's definitely the most entertaining home improvement show ever made, though that isn't really saying much.

More importantly than this, it's the best 'the life and times of Adam Carolla' TV series ever.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Binton posted:

I feel faint...

Edit: It was suggested on the Carolla forums that we write letters to Westwood One (None? Two?) and tell them we'd listen to Loveline again if they get Carolla back.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 30, 2009

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I liked your story about the sensory deprivation tank Joe Rogan, but sadly there was that loving noise coming from a cell phone all the way through it.

Sort it out Donnie!

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Oh, christ. WE DON'T UNDERSTAND THE PYRAMIDS! SHROOMS COME FROM SPACE! RON PAUL!

(with apologies to Phil Plait)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah. In some ways I enjoyed the podcast as they were willing to dive in to some complex subjects... and then here comes the serious comment of "the government would be purged of all corruption if everyone shroomed regularly."

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 1, 2009

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
It made me feel quite :smug: when I realized that I, a college dropout whose last biology class was freshman year of high school, know more about biology than Joe Rogan. Then I remember how much poorer than him I am.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

CaptainJuan posted:

It made me feel quite :smug: when I realized that I, a college dropout whose last biology class was freshman year of high school, know more about biology than Joe Rogan. Then I remember how much poorer than him I am.

The infuriating thing about him is that he's had this stuff explained to him on many occasions and still says "Hey, we don't know everything, I'm just asking the questions."

Gah! I'll be in the Angry Dome.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That was one of the dumbest interviews I've ever heard.

What if C-A-T really spelled dog?

I did love how much Donny agreed with him though.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Donny doesn't seem too bright, but I love when he starts laughing like a hyena in the background. My favorite was when someone asked Adam a family question, in the "Don't your parents have pictures of you?" vein and Donny just went into hysterics. It's one thing when Adam does, but having the independent verification was just fantastic to me.

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007
Wow, stryker left. I know I'm gonna get some flack for this, but I feel sort of sorry for him. Yeah, I think he kinda sucks, but he took a whole lot of poo poo for it and he apparently didn't make it through it alive. If nothing else, I hope he lands somewhat on his feet because I'm already running low on karma points and I'm going to feel bad if everything gets hosed up for him.

That being said, I'm insanely psyched that Adam is going to be a guest for a week. One thing, though, didn't he say that he can't get paid for anything because of his contract with NBC (or some other company)?

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

Wait.... New Adam & Drew episodes of Loveline? Good god, I thought I would never see the day.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Twobits posted:

That being said, I'm insanely psyched that Adam is going to be a guest for a week. One thing, though, didn't he say that he can't get paid for anything because of his contract with NBC (or some other company)?

Yeah, he can't do any paid radio until his contract runs out at the end of the year, but guesting isn't paid.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Is anyone able to record this and, sort of, make it available to us here?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Twobits posted:

Wow, stryker left. I know I'm gonna get some flack for this, but I feel sort of sorry for him. Yeah, I think he kinda sucks, but he took a whole lot of poo poo for it and he apparently didn't make it through it alive. If nothing else, I hope he lands somewhat on his feet because I'm already running low on karma points and I'm going to feel bad if everything gets hosed up for him.

Don't feel sorry for him. It was a job, he sucked at it, and then he got laid off. They said on his final show that he is still DJing for another station and is hosting some new VH1 show. He'll manage.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

Grand Fromage posted:

Donny doesn't seem too bright, but I love when he starts laughing like a hyena in the background. My favorite was when someone asked Adam a family question, in the "Don't your parents have pictures of you?" vein and Donny just went into hysterics. It's one thing when Adam does, but having the independent verification was just fantastic to me.

C'mon, cut the dude some slack. He spent high school painting a mural of a Ford Bronco on the side of the tard bungalow.

I haven't listened to the Rogan podcast yet. When I saw that he was on my first thought was, "I wonder if they can stay away from the 'I take this concentrated dose of a drug produced by your brain and see visions of aliens and poo poo and it's all totally real n' junk.'" I guess they weren't.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fledgling Gulps posted:

C'mon, cut the dude some slack. He spent high school painting a mural of a Ford Bronco on the side of the tard bungalow.

I haven't listened to the Rogan podcast yet. When I saw that he was on my first thought was, "I wonder if they can stay away from the 'I take this concentrated dose of a drug produced by your brain and see visions of aliens and poo poo and it's all totally real n' junk.'" I guess they weren't.

It's so sad because aside from that and he's a tapout fag, I really really want to like him.

Dustin1986
Jul 13, 2006

Twobits posted:

"Hey, Stryker! Yeah, we just shitcanned the beloved host of Loveline after ten years on the air, and we were thinkin', you know what? You would be a great replacement! All you have to do is go out there and be ten times better than Adam, and they'll come around eventually!"

I feel bad for him too.:(

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
He didn't suck because he had to follow a tough act, he sucked because he was a horrible host. He wasn't funny, and all he did was bombard guests with stupid questions in rapid-fire and give inane advice that he obviously thought was funny, but wasn't.

On the other hand, I tried to listen a couple nights ago with Drew and Anderson, but Tom Green was the guest. My god that guy's annoying. He wouldn't shut the gently caress up, and kept inturrupting to say anything, whether it was funny or not. Then Drew would be trying to talk, and he'd start to do this annoying laughing/breathing thing where he would breathe really fast and loud through his nose into the mic, as if he just thought of something really funny. After about 45 seconds of him, I screamed at the radio and turned it off.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Fledgling Gulps posted:

Oh, I like Donny. Adam and one of his old high school buddies bullshitting always makes for good listening. I just roll my eyes at the New Age Jew poo poo.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Jack was more compelling than Joe Rogan, and he's the fictional mascot of a fast-food chain.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
You guys complain a lot.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

drat NIGGA posted:

You guys complain a lot.

We learned from the Stern thread.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I know that it's been mentioned that Adam was going to guest host on Loveline sometime, but I just read on Dr. Drew's twitter that it's going to be next week, which I think is new information. God I hope they get DAG back in there too.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Donnie's problem is that he's a PROUD IDIOT. He is taking the stand against Adam's atheism with his brand of 'we don't loving know anything the sky might be brown WE JUST DON'T KNOW MAN' bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
Joe Rogan also thinks that man didn't actually walk on the moon. Truth.

• Locked thread