Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tacobowl
Mar 16, 2009
Whew... that was quite a... (fun? interesting? scarring?) experience, reading through that 101 page thread. As so many others have mentioned, Spirit Armor, your act of adding extra dialog really fleshes out the characters and provides quite a bit of humor.

A while back (around page 60 or so if I recall correctly), there was talk of merging the blimp and the train. While I haven't gone through the physics and math to see if this would work, here is the way I envision it working:

The blimp/train fusion would use the train to launch the blimp. The blimp would be attached to the back of the train, but would be detachable. The delivery system for the trainblimp would be the same as with the train. However, the tunnel would need to be expanded to account for the extra space taken by the blimp. Since the train would need to reach a higher point in the air to safely release the blimp, those lovely spirals the train takes in the tunnel would need to be removed, so as to reduce friction and track length.

Anyways, long story short, train with blimp will be shot far into the sky. At the peak of the arc, the blimp will be released, and the train will tunnel back into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

BklynBruzer posted:

Holy poo poo, those first three links... I think I love you.

Then what are we so afraid of?

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

Stabbey The Clown posted:

Until today, I thought it had said "Holy poo poo, no WONDER something fell off."

... the sad part is that I can REALLY see that line as being entirely reasonable in context.

Glazius posted:

You've... I could swear I remembered you talking to Yuri before.

Probably. Heck, there was that whole mini-arc about Yuri trying on clothes for Ogami (and, this being Sakura Wars, almost killing herself in the process)-- it's just that I don't think I've really had him visit Yuri at her usual hangout like he visits Tsubaki at the gift shop.

... come to think of it, I don't think I've really chatted it up with KASUMI, either. Huh.

Ryand-Smith posted:

This chapter feels meta compared to other updates, Spirit Armor!

In a good way or a bad way?

Slaad posted:

Ogami really is stupid isn't he? It took him more than 100 pages to finally figure this out?

To be fair, we haven't really SEEN Sakura with an incredible amount of free time on her hands-- she's either practicing, fighting, or being a country bumpkin at Ogami. When she's actively trying to burn time for the sake of burning time, well...

Sennamontoya posted:

IRIS WAS HERE. MANY MEN WERE LOST.
KANNA WAS HERE. GINO'S ALMOST WENT BROKE.

... I think I stared at that for a good thirty seconds and I STILL couldn't really think of anything to say, so I think I'll just go with "Holy poo poo, that's kind of AWESOME."

Tacobowl posted:

Blimp-Train Talk

While I applaud your post, your vision suffers from one fatal flaw:

Who said anything about the train actually releasing the blimp?

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

... I think I stared at that for a good thirty seconds and I STILL couldn't really think of anything to say, so I think I'll just go with "Holy poo poo, that's kind of AWESOME."

Thank ye kindly, I try.
The sad thing is that when I actually wrote them the anime club asked who they were... needless to say my heart sank a little.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Boy, you know things are bad when even the :gonk: pictures stop getting posted.

Regardless, until things pick up again, here are some images I found of our favorite Bespectacled Beauty/Mad Bomber:

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 25, 2009

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Son Conan posted:

That's.......a helluva pose.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Who cares about the girl, lookit that steam triplane!

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hi Spirit Armor, this thread became the reason I spent money to sign up on this forum. Your LP is one the best one I have ever read and been reading it about an chapter an day for the past week. I have one question though, after your done with the first game are you going to continue with the next game in this thread or make an new thread for it?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Revenant Threshold posted:

Who cares about the girl, lookit that steam triplane!

drat right!

Also, it's about time to try to summon Spirit Armor again?
Just need to make him sense a disturbance in the Force. :D

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Son Conan posted:

Regardless, until things pick up again, here are some images I found of our favorite Bespectacled Beauty/Mad Bomber:

I love the hell out of pilot-Kohran here. This isn't the only picture like this I've seen, and I'm looking for others of the type.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
That plane looks like something pulled out from Metal Slug.

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008

Son Conan posted:

Hmmm, why do I get feeling that this should be a picture where the theme is the Red Barron vs. Snoopy.
You see since I have no artistic talent I throw out ideas. ^^

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Son Conan posted:

:swoon:

Son Conan? You are my new favorite person evar! Besides Kohran herself, and Spirit Armor. And the original discoverer of alcohol. And... well you get the picture, you are on that list somewhere!

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Son Conan posted:

She looks like a ninja turtle.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Some of the pictures from the last five or so updates are missing. Also half of the non-update pictures are... Oh well.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

McFrugal posted:

Some of the pictures from the last five or so updates are missing. Also half of the non-update pictures are... Oh well.

It's the end of the month and Waffleimages is low on bandwidth again. Give it a few days.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

veekie posted:

drat right!

Also, it's about time to try to summon Spirit Armor again?
Just need to make him sense a disturbance in the Force. :D

:colbert:

That is all I have to say.

e: Someone's been making Ilya/Iris references of late. If that's not a disturbance disturbing, I don't know what is.

Especially when they go so well together :cry:

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

little_firebird posted:

That was just uncalled for. :colbert:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

little_firebird posted:

e: Someone's been making Ilya/Iris references of late. If that's not a disturbance disturbing, I don't know what is.

Ilya has been putting her onii-chan's soul into dolls...four times so far, I think. Think they've been exchanging notes?

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

veekie posted:

Ilya has been putting her onii-chan's soul into dolls...four times so far, I think. Think they've been exchanging notes?

Notes or the telepathically streamed screams of their onii-chan's

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Schadenfraulein posted:

That was just uncalled for. :colbert:

Whaddaya mean? :colbert:

veekie posted:

I think they've been having tea time together.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

little_firebird posted:

I think they've been having tea time together.
But where?

Terashell
Dec 19, 2007

Gaben-chan~

veekie posted:

But where?

IN THE EEEEIIIIGHTH DIMENSION! *heavy reverb*

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Just a heads-up to let you guys know that I'm not dead yet; now that I'm back in town and can actually sleep more than three to four hours per night, I'll be able to update whenever Waffleimages stops hating every living thing by Friday or Saturday at the latest.

... I'm not sure whether Lobeliris frightens or amuses me, by the way.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Thats good, can't wait for update.

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008

little_firebird posted:

Do you realize that you opened up a whole new spectrum of references that I could make? ^^ I'm tempted to break out in song right now. XD :colbert:

Sennamontoya fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 28, 2009

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Sennamontoya posted:

Do you realize that you opened up a whole new spectrum of references that I could make? ^^ I'm tempted to break out in song right now. XD :colbert:

Keep Macross out of this.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Terashell posted:

veekie posted:

But where?

IN THE EEEEIIIIGHTH DIMENSION! *heavy reverb*

I thought it was in the third dimension? :confused:

Spirit Armor posted:

... I'm not sure whether Lobeliris frightens or amuses me, by the way.

What would you say to Glycinris? I'm curious :downs:

little_firebird fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 28, 2009

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

pointlessone posted:

Keep Macross out of this.

Why should we? Macross Frontier lets us get two vastly different perverse sexual lusts out of a single character.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Watch out, this is Crossover Land!

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008

Mile'ionaha posted:

Why should we? Macross Frontier lets us get two vastly different perverse sexual lusts out of a single character.

I was wondering when someone would bring up that character. ^^

Why shouldn't I bring up Macross? It is a mecha series, I mean come on frontier was decent it has something for everyone here... ok the maria fans. Vast tracts of... Holy poo poo Macross Cannon!
And yes this is crossover land, we do this to summon Spirit armor when we are bored lol

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

Sennamontoya posted:

I was wondering when someone would bring up that character. ^^

Why shouldn't I bring up Macross? It is a mecha series, I mean come on frontier was decent it has something for everyone here... ok the maria fans. Vast tracts of... Holy poo poo Macross Cannon!
And yes this is crossover land, we do this to summon Spirit armor when we are bored lol

But.... maria is a massive tsundere. it's not like there was another massively awesome character who is an orphan and manages to go all out to do her best for her waifu :mmmhmm:

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

Same seiyuu.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Schadenfraulein posted:

Same seiyuu.

Don't get me started.

and at least most, if not all, of her other characters share the same personality Oh, wait, she voiced Jynx, too :gonk:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

little_firebird posted:

Don't get me started.

and at least most, if not all, of her other characters share the same personality Oh, wait, she voiced Jynx, too :gonk:

Attempting to fit into mental image...failed.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Schadenfraulein posted:

I loled.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

This update? We're blasting through all three of the theater girls (and then some), which will put an end to the months-long free roam segment.

First up to bat is Tsubaki.

[Ogami]

... yeah, it did. Just when we thought that we'd finally defeated the Hive of Darkness...

[Ogami]

Thanks...

----
[Tsubaki]

You shouldn't worry so much! It's common knowledge that when you finally defeat a group of villains, a NEW group will always appear!

[Ogami]

Hahaha... really now?

[Tsubaki]

Yup! And they're always at least three times stronger than the previous group, which just means that the GOOD guys have to get stronger!

[Ogami]

Okay...

[Tsubaki]

And when you hit the next power level and defeat the new group of villains, an even STRONGER group of new villains will appear!

[Ogami]

... wait, doesn't that mean that we're just going to be stuck in an endless loop of ever-increasing strength and pointless eternal battling?

[Tsubaki]

Well, all that only happens in stories, Ogami-san.

[Ogami]

Kind of like how psychic girls and spirit-powered robots only appear in stories?

[Tsubaki]

Of course not. THOSE are based off of naturally-occurring phenomenon, Ogami-san.

[Ogami]

... right. How silly of me to forget.

----

[Ogami]

... I'm sorry. If only I'd done a better job...
I've caused trouble for you too, haven't I... Tsubaki-chan.

By "Talk to Tsubaki," the game apparently meant "BAAAAAAAW."

[Ogami]

But...

----
[Ogami]

I wanna keep wallowing in self-pity!

[Tsubaki]

... well then, you leave me no choice, Ogami-san.

[Ogami]

Wait, what're you-- you wouldn't dare.

[Tsubaki]

Sniff.

[Ogami]

Oh come ON, that's just below the belt!

----

[Tsubaki]

Sniff... please don't keep saying things like that...

[Ogami]

Tsubaki-chan...

Oh god I don't care ANYTHING TO STOP HER FROM CRYING

[Ogami]

Thanks for worrying about me. Thanks to you, Tsubaki-chan, I'm feeling much better now.

----

[Ogami]

Hahahahahahah... you also look cuter when you're smiling, Tsubaki-chan.

[Ogami]

Yeah... somehow, I'm feeling more energetic now. Thank you, Tsubaki-chan.

I imagine that this is one of the reasons why Ogami tries not to resort to the "wallowing in self-pity" act: because he'll either 1) get blindsided by girls who will cry right back at him, or 2) be totally ignored because this theater has VEGETABLES that are more manlier than Ogami.

... of course, every conversation with Tsubaki must begin or end with Ogami ponying up some cash.

[Ogami]

Yeah, let's see... in that case, I guess I'll take a bromide.

[Tsubaki]

Ah... you'll buy a bromide? Thank you very much.
We've got bromides of everyone in the Flower Division, so... please go ahead and choose one.

I KNEW I forgot someone. This SHOULD complete the set if I remember correctly, though I messed up by not buying all the bromides by a certain point in the game. If I'd done THAT, I'd have been able to buy a special bromide of Tsubaki, Yuri, and Kasumi.

... but that doesn't matter because they're only supporting cast. :v:

[Tsubaki]

That'll be 50 sen~. Thank you for your business!

And yes, you DO get different dialogue just by talking to characters again.

[Tsubaki]

Um, let's see... the Koubu are all broken, so... all that's left is...

[Ogami]

... all that's left is?

----
[Tsubaki]

It's easy! All that's left is...

[Tsubaki]

[Tsubaki]

Oh god, I-I think I'm gonna start crying again.

[Ogami]

... your lack of faith in me would disturb me if I weren't already used to it by now.

----

[Ogami]

Really, I thought you'd had some sort of secret weapon or something.

----
[Tsubaki]

If you really want to figure out if we've got any secret weapons or not, then why're you asking me? I'm just a shopkeep.

[Ogami]

Yeah, well, that's about how desperate I am right now.

----

And when Ogami makes to leave...?

Well, this sort of IS a mecha series, so it's a given that COURAGE!!! will be enough to pull our heroes out of any slump.

[Ogami]

Aah, I got it. See you later...

Kasumi is next!

I'm fairly certain that it's required that they say this to Ogami this every time he enters a room.

You know, so that he doesn't forget 1) what it is he's supposed to be doing and 2) what his own name is.

[Ogami]

Not quite... I thought that I'd see how everyone's doing, what with everything that's happened today...

[Kasumi]

Is that so... you're a kind-hearted person, aren't you, Ogami-san.

[Ogami]

Well... it's because this is all I can do right now...

----
[Ogami]

Also, it's because Yoneda shoehorned me into doing it. I just wanted to curl up in bed and have a good cry.

[Kasumi]

To be fair, that is what you ALWAYS end up doing, Ogami-san.

[Ogami]

Well, yes, but if I'm going to break down in sobbing hysterics, I want to be able to do it in the privacy of my own room for once.

[Kasumi]

But it hasn't ever BEEN private, at least not since Kohran--

[Ogami]

RELATIVE privacy, then. As flimsy as a concept as that may be.

----

[Kasumi]

Well, this is all I can do to try and raise your spirits, Ogami-san, but...
We've put up posters for "Dinosaur Island," our production in March...
Would you like to take a look?

[Ogami]

Hmm...

We're putting off the first option until we can get our prerequisite bellyaching session out of the way.

[Ogami]

Kasumi-kun... I'm sorry. This was supposed to be your day off on New Year's Day, and...

[Kasumi]

It's alright. Please do not worry about it.
This was how things ended up after you gave it your all, so...

[Ogami]

But...

----

... y'know, the Flower Division would probably be better off with someone as level-headed as Kasumi as its leader.

[Ogami]

What should come next...

[Ogami]

I don't... even want to lose anymore. I don't want to lose a second time.

----
[Kasumi]

You don't want to lose a second time?

[Ogami]

Yes.

[Kasumi]

[Kasumi]

P-Pffft.

[Kasumi]

... er, I'm sorry, that was a slip of the tongue.

[Ogami]

... oh, yeah, thanks a lot, Kasumi.

----

[Ogami]

Yeah... we can't lose a second time... if we lose again, the Imperial Capital will be...

----
[Ogami]

Actually, it'll probably just cease to exist altogether. Y'know, maybe if we negotiated with the demons and allowed them to have the city in return for letting all the humans go free...

[Kasumi]

[Ogami]

E-Er, I mean...

----

[Ogami]

I won't let something like that happen!! I'll definitely prevent that from happening! Definitely!!

----

[Ogami]

Thank you, Kasumi-kun. That feeling alone is more than enough to make me happy.

----
[Kasumi]

I DID say that I would do anything, Ogami-san.

[Ogami]

Right then, picture-looky time.

[Kasumi]

ANYTHING.

[Ogami]

Could you let me look at the poster, then?

[Kasumi]

... wow, you HAVE become completely desensitized to the charms of most normal women in order to avoid aggro from the Flower Division, haven't you. I think I might be witnessing evolution in action.

----

[Ogami]

Yeah... I think I'll take a look at that poster.

[Kasumi]

Please, go right ahead. It's the poster for "Dinosaur Island," starring Iris-chan and Kohran-san.

[Ogami]

Huh, so it's going to be an action-adventure genre production this time... somehow, it looks like it'll be a fun play.

[Kasumi]

Because of those two. I think that it will be an extraordinarily amusing play.

----
[Ogami]

That title AND that picture kind of spoil the plot, though. Now we know that there're actually going to be dinosaurs involved.

[Kasumi]

It... wasn't meant to be a secret, Ogami-san. Also, it's a comedy, so there won't be very much plot in the first place.

[Ogami]

No, I mean, we know that there will actually be real dinosaurs involved because Iris features prominently in the picture as a leading character.

[Kasumi]

... oh, that's true, isn't it. Maria-san still hasn't been able to convince Iris that plays are supposed to be fictional, I see.

[Ogami]

You have no idea.

----

And talking to her AGAIN leads to...

[Ogami]

Kasumi-kun... about how much would it cost to repair the Koubu?

[Ogami]

Eh...?

[Ogami]

H~mmm... somehow, that doesn't quite sound right, either...
Oh, right... where DOES the budget for the Imperial Assault Force come from? Having it come solely from this theater's income would be impossible, right?

[Kasumi]

That sort of thing... is what Manager Yoneda does his utmost to secure.

----
[Ogami]

By any means possible?

[Kasumi]

[Ogami]

You... don't have to answer that.

----

[Ogami]

I see... Commander Yoneda has it tough too, doesn't he.

[Ogami]

... I'll be heading off now, Kasumi-kun.

[Ogami]

Aah, I know. Then... see you later.

Bypassing the usual "it's Ogami, may I come in" banter...

----

... it's time to see what kind of advice Ayame can give us.

[Ogami]

Um...

[Ogami]

Yes... it's somewhat embarrassing, but I'm not sure what I should...

[Ayame]

And if this all means that we will have to provision new Spirit Armor units, then... it'll be a national problem.

[Ogami]

Yes...

----
[Ayame]

Mostly because there won't actually BE much nation left if we don't have any units left to field.

[Ogami]

... that IS true, isn't it.

[Ayame]

On the bright side, the Imperial Assault Force and its assorted division have been a national problem ever since their conception, so it's not like the overall situation has actually gotten any worse.

[Ogami]

I... can't really deny THAT charge, either.

----

[Ayame]

I will talk to Lt. General Yoneda about the Koubu. It seems that he has some sort of idea.
However, Ogami-kun... may I give you some advice?

[Ogami]

... yes'm.

----
[Ogami]

Does that mean that I can make boneheaded decisions as long as I don't falter while making them, Ayame-san?

[Ayame]

That assumes that you had actually STOPPED making boneheaded decisions at some point in time, Ogami-kun.

[Ogami]

T-Touché.

----

That shouldn't be a problem either, since the only thing they really ever worry about is ensuring that they don't accidentally KILL Ogami while maiming or otherwise verbally castrating him.

[Ogami]

Um... about the last battle...

... well, poo poo.

[Ogami]

... I'm sorry.

[Ayame]

There's no need for you to blame yourself. Your opponents were Kouma, so... it couldn't be helped.
Six years ago, we also struggled during the Kouma War...

[Ogami]

----
[Ayame]

... on foot.

[Ogami]

I KNEW you were going to say that.

----

----

Well then, there's nothing left for us here.

[Ogami]

Now then... I should get going...

[Ayame]

Ogami-kun... those girls are feeling that same anxiety over losing the Koubu.
Do your best to act cheerful, okay?
If you're unsteady, you'll only make those girls needlessly anxious.
You'll have to think of what comes next on your own... hang in there, Ogami-kun.

[Ogami]

... understood.

[Ogami]

As a Captain... what should I do from here on out?

KNOCK KNOCK.

[Tsubaki]

Um... Ogami-san. Are you back in your room already?

[Ogami]

Aah, Tsubaki-chan. It's not locked, so come on in.

[Yuri]

Right, right! Frowning just doesn't suit you. You should smi~~~le... alright?

[Ogami]

Hahahahahah... but, well, sorry. I'm not feeling it right now...

[Kasumi]

In that case... we tried thinking about how to win against those enemies, too.

[Ogami]

Eh... really? Did you come up with any good ideas?

[Ogami]

You can't... talk about it now?

----
[Ogami]

(Hot drat, if THAT isn't horribly vague and/or suspicious, then I don't know what is.)

[Ogami]

(... buuuuut other than that, I don't see anything wrong, so I'll accept their offer.)

----

[Ogami]

... I got it. I'll set aside some time tomorrow.

----

----

KNOCK KNOCK

[Ayame]

Ogami-kun... may I have a moment?

WHAT HORRIBLY FRIGHTENING COINCIDENTAL TIMING.

[Ogami]

Ah... okay. Please come in.

[Ogami]

Nope...

[Ayame]

Shall we... go out tomorrow? We should spend some time alone together... every now and then.

... buh?

[Ogami]

Eh...? Ah, yes...

... ... buh?

[Ayame]

In that case... I'll be waiting in my room tomorrow afternoon.
Good night, Ogami-kun. Don't stay up too late now, okay?

So, wait, after blushing at the prospect of being alone with Ayame (who had just asked him out to lunch), his train of thought suddenly snapped back to something actually pertinent to the problem at hand?

... wow, he might actually be taking his work seriously.

[Ogami]

But... what should I do? I mean, Tsubaki-chan and the others invited me out, too...

Of course, this doesn't help the fact that he'd just booked two pseudo-dates in the same time slot. Way to go!

[Ogami]

Well, it should be alright... for now, I should... get to sleep...

----

----

[Ogami]

Come to think of it, I've been invited out by both Tsubaki-chan and the others AND by Ayame-san, huh.
Now then... what should I do...?

:siren: And this leads us to a minor path split. :siren:

1) Should Ogami go with the three theater girls, or...

2) Should Ogami accompany Ayame?

I'll give you guys until, oh, Wednesday at midnight (EST) to vote for one of those two possibilities.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 9, 2013

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Go with the girls! We don't want them to cry at us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arrange to meet them at the same place, then scramble back and forth between them in increasingly frantic and comical circumstances. Hide behind a potted plant at every opportunity.

• Locked thread