Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Hollywood Honda had 3 or 4 of the High Viz Yellow Exo-700s. I actually pulled mine off of the jacket display, as all of the ones on the helmet rack were large and XL. Medium for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Went out for a ride and took some pics of the bike since I got it pretty well sorted out. I still want some aftermarket levers then it will be done pretty much.

And my 100$ suit. Fits me like a glove, what a score. It was down once but has no tears and all of it's pads are intact.

4/20 NEVER FORGET fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 23, 2009

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

The bike looks great, I dig the yellow and black.

Did you get super lucky and score a suit with Team Suzuki and Team Yoshimura patches or did you add them yourself?

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

jdonz posted:

Did you get super lucky and score a suit with Team Suzuki and Team Yoshimura patches or did you add them yourself?

Nope they were on the suit when I got it. It has an Arizona state patrol badge patch on the back of the left shoulder as well. Only crappy patch is a huge DUCATI patch across the back of the suit. I want to remove it but it's been on there so long it would be discolored if I took it off and look like crap anyways.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Nope they were on the suit when I got it. It has an Arizona state patrol badge patch on the back of the left shoulder as well. Only crappy patch is a huge DUCATI patch across the back of the suit. I want to remove it but it's been on there so long it would be discolored if I took it off and look like crap anyways.

Obviously, the solution is to replace it with another large patch/row of patches. That is a kickass suit though.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Keep or lose the big patch?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Lose it. I'm not usually big on large patches across the back, but if it leaves a funny mark where it was, just replace it with some other ones, or rock it as is. Retro leathers like that are beyond badass.

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007
Bags of cereal are awesome

Lose it. If it looks faded, throw a big douche bag Suzuki one on there. Then at least the patch will match the bike...

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I don't know which is worse though, a big douchey Suzuki patch or a empty faded space. We will have to see how it turns out once I get the patch off.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I don't know which is worse though, a big douchey Suzuki patch or a empty faded space. We will have to see how it turns out once I get the patch off.

It's not douchey if you can find an oldschool one to match the ones on the front.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

I would think the leather around the outside of the patch would be faded more than the leather underneath. You might try some saddle soap, see if that helps.

evilnissan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm comin home.
Checked it out and picking it up next week.

1983 GL1100, a little wrecked, needs new head lamp mount, turn signal lens and a few other small items, front end seems straight but wont find out until I can start in to it, $250.00 with a clean title.

I cant wait to start stripping it down and painting all the tin, first real project in a while that I can do what ever I want with and not feel like I am making it worse than what it was.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Good stuff, glad to see you decided to get it! Start a thread when you get working on it :)

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

sklnd posted:

Hell yes! Welcome to the club.

What's the bike using for a speedo? I see something like the stock cable there, but don't see what it's hooked to.

EDIT: Also, what did you give for it? I might sell my somewhat-similarly modified EX250 soonish to fund a bigger bike, and I'm not sure what it would fetch given the modifications.

Finally got my bike.

Still learning, but love it

Speedo is... i don't know. Some sort of gauge.

And yes, I am looking for people in the bay area to ride with - shoot me a pm.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

BlueBayou posted:

Finally got my bike.

Still learning, but love it

Speedo is... i don't know. Some sort of gauge.

And yes, I am looking for people in the bay area to ride with - shoot me a pm.

When you get more comfortable, take 17 down to Santa Cruz. I always loved that stretch through the redwoods when I lived there.

Stove
Jan 25, 2005

My baby.

Also, here's a video of me failing to start it. Don't forget to turn the key, folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohqVrAm7zWo

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Stove posted:

Also, here's a video of me failing to start it. Don't forget to turn the key, folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohqVrAm7zWo

Heh. After I cleaned my gas tank and my carbs and put everything back together, I still had the fuel turned off trying to start it at first. I was also videotaping. I got pretty pissed until I realized what was wrong.

Farts on Skype
Apr 2, 2005

Riding in Virginia is pretty awesome sometimes :c00l:

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

Am I the only one who thinks leathers look better with scars then in a show room? Because when I see a someone in a faded/rashed jacket I'm thinking here's someone who actually rides the drat thing.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Thats exactly what I thought when he posted the pic of him wearing the suit.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Selious posted:

Wish I had access to the better quality pics, but my new Bandit:

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

A little dirty as the dust out here coats everything, but at least I got that sticker off the windscreen right after the photos were taken.

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Rides as smooth as I could want, though I want to get that front end switched out for naked when I get a chance. Picked it up a month ago with 12.5k miles for a scant $2.7k, and have since put on almost 1500 miles.

Very nice. You'll like it.

I made this thread a few months ago when I converted mine to naked. I did it on the cheap, and it looks great (IMO):

http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php/topic,69162.0.html

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Gr3y posted:

Am I the only one who thinks leathers look better with scars then in a show room? Because when I see a someone in a faded/rashed jacket I'm thinking here's someone who actually rides the drat thing.

Absolutely not. Nothing I like more than seeing some guy at the track or on the street with leathers that were obviously made in the 80s and have been through hell and back.

NEon Lights
Sep 5, 2006
Agent Jordan
2005 CBR600 F4i 900 miles 3,770.91 Mint condition. Looking to do some appearance modifications on it but unsure of what would look good. So far I've put about 1,000 miles on it and love it

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

NEon Lights fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 29, 2009

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Huh. It's an F4 CBR that I don't immediately dislike the looks of. :confused:

vv I don't normally like the looks of most CBRs - the paint scheme on yours really suits the shape of the bike, which is why I like it (I think). Or maybe it's because you still have the stock exhaust. :)

Simkin fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 29, 2009

NEon Lights
Sep 5, 2006
Agent Jordan

Simkin posted:

Huh. It's an F4 CBR that I don't immediately dislike the looks of. :confused:

ha, thanks I think. I'm thinking about wrapping the muffler to behind the seat and taking off that terrible looking license plate plastic. Anyone ever done this and know about how much it cost?

CoolBlue
Jul 23, 2007
Bags of cereal are awesome

NEon Lights posted:

ha, thanks I think. I'm thinking about wrapping the muffler to behind the seat and taking off that terrible looking license plate plastic. Anyone ever done this and know about how much it cost?

Exhaust wrap is pretty cheap, especially if you buy it online but you can get it any most local auto parts stores too. One big spool of it should be plenty for you, probably cost 50 bucks.

NEon Lights
Sep 5, 2006
Agent Jordan

CoolBlue posted:

Exhaust wrap is pretty cheap, especially if you buy it online but you can get it any most local auto parts stores too. One big spool of it should be plenty for you, probably cost 50 bucks.

I meant wraping as in extending the exhaust to behind the seat

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Not sure how difficult expensive retrofitting an undertail exhaust would be, but there are certainly no shortage of 600 supersports out there that came like that stock. Maybe look into whether a CBR600RR exhaust would interfere with anything? That's probably your best bet.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I bet you could get an undertail exhaust made at a muffler shop for $150 bux.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

NEon Lights posted:

2005 CBR600 F4i 900 miles 3,770.91 Mint condition. Looking to do some appearance modifications on it but unsure of what would look good. So far I've put about 1,000 miles on it and love it

I think the bike would look awesome(er) with an undertail, a fender eliminator, integrated tail lights, and a different windscreen. Maybe loose the rear grab bar while your at it.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Currently looks like this while awaiting my fighter parts to arrive from the UK ( :argh: http://www.streetfighterstore.co.uk/)

Got a refund from the lying bastards and booked my bike in with a local custom guy (https://www.extremecreations.com.au) for the fighter conversion. Should be done by Friday! Excitement!

Fellow 1000 rider?

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

NEon Lights posted:

Awesome looking bike. I was checking out a similar 04 F4i at a dealership yesterday, which they wanted $6500 for.

How would you rate the streetability of it, in terms of mid-range power and comfort?

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Got a refund from the lying bastards and booked my bike in with a local custom guy (https://www.extremecreations.com.au) for the fighter conversion. Should be done by Friday! Excitement!

Fellow 1000 rider?

Don't forget to post lots of pics, also that's a 600.

NEon Lights
Sep 5, 2006
Agent Jordan

Gnaghi posted:

Awesome looking bike. I was checking out a similar 04 F4i at a dealership yesterday, which they wanted $6500 for.

How would you rate the streetability of it, in terms of mid-range power and comfort?

Power for a beginner bike its perfect, comfort is about mediocre I can ride for a couple of hours before my back starts to hurt. The best thing about the f4i is that you don't have to be hunched over the whole time, the bars are up higher so you can sit up also. I feel like I could probably last longer on it than a bike where the bars are really low. How many miles does that bike have on it? not that it matters its a Honda :lol:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

NEon Lights posted:

Power for a beginner bike its perfect

Probably not

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

NEon Lights posted:

Power for a beginner bike its perfect, comfort is about mediocre I can ride for a couple of hours before my back starts to hurt. The best thing about the f4i is that you don't have to be hunched over the whole time, the bars are up higher so you can sit up also. I feel like I could probably last longer on it than a bike where the bars are really low. How many miles does that bike have on it? not that it matters its a Honda :lol:

It had around 5000 miles. I've found other ones on CL, same year even, for literally half what that dealer was asking.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

cmorrow001 posted:

Don't forget to post lots of pics, also that's a 600.

Yep, 600. The PO took off the stickers and I like how clean it looks without them so I am leaving it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I work at a very motorcycle-friendly company, here's my daily dilemma:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

The 03 Suzuki VZ800 is mine, the 84 VF 500F is owned by a friend from work who needed a good home for it for a while.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

After a year I still love the hell out of my Marauder. I was shopping for something like an SV650 or a CBR but this one just jumped out at me for some reason and the owner only put 2000 miles on it :coal:

edit: Yeaup, brain fart. I love my Marauder so much I dub everything a VZ800.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 3, 2009

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

TheScott2K posted:

84 VZ800
VF500F.

(You knew that--just a brainfart :))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Yep, 600. The PO took off the stickers and I like how clean it looks without them so I am leaving it.

Ah righto, wasn't sure. I can't tell the difference between the early K-series bikes.