Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

We've been ignoring the girls more or less completely this entire time, so I see no reason to change tactics now. Go with Ayame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ayane. She might still have those katanas, you know.

Whillenn
Jun 18, 2008
I vote Ayame. She's level headed, experienced, and (relatively) nice to poor Ogami.

KarmikCykle
Nov 19, 2006
I'm voting Ayame. At least there's no "try to make both appointments, cue wacky hi-jinx" option. That kind of storyline always bothers me.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Get the MILF, go Ayame.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Spirit Armor posted:

1) Should Ogami go with the three theater girls, or...
2) Should Ogami accompany Ayame?

I'll give you guys until, oh, Wednesday at midnight (EST) to vote for one of those two possibilities.

3 > 1 therefor I'm going with heading out with the theater girls. Ayame has done nothing but shoot you down, and I'm curious to see what plan the girls have come up with. Maybe they bought you a puppy. :keke:

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Ayame! Maybe he could actually seal the deal with SOMEBODY, which is less likely to happen on a group date (well, uh, maybe, but this isn't that kind of game.)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Speculation: it's actually not going to matter outside of a couple of lines of dialogue because this is a plan Ayame has talked about with the theater girls, and they've worked out most of it except for who's going to invite Ogami.

So you may as well tag along with the theater girls tomorrow.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Ayame. She's much more interesting than all three theater girls combined.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
Go out with Ayame... but also get Kohran to build you a robot-double to satisfy the 3 theater girls

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

quote:

Kohran will build MechaTRex and Iris will rip it's soul screaming from the afterlife to power it!

lishan1988 posted:

Go out with Ayame... but also get Kohran to build you a robot-double to satisfy the 3 theater girls

Sounds like a plan!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

lishan1988 posted:

Agreed, but backwards.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The tres chicas!

Why?

1. Potential for a 3-on-1? amirite? (As long as you blank from your mind the fact that it will be a 3-on-1 deathmatch

2. An enraged Ayame will be able to destroy much more! Hilarity shall ensue

3. The girls have the keys to the awesome-train and blimp-of-sweetness! They might like you drive one day!

Slaan fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 3, 2009

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Let's be honest, the theater girls have been nothing short of utterly irrelevant for this entire time, whereas Ayame has the blimp-train o' death. Thus, we should piss Ayame off, we need her good and aggravated for the upcoming battle, go with the trio!

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
As much as I'd love to say Ayame, the fact that I logically know that neither will lead to :quagmire: means I'll have to go with the theatre girls. Odds are they're going to be a lot more fun.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Ayame.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Let's be honest, the theater girls have been nothing short of utterly irrelevant for this entire time, whereas Ayame has the blimp-train o' death. Thus, we should piss Ayame off, we need her good and aggravated for the upcoming battle, go with the trio!

what the poo poo, the girls DRIVE the blimp-train o' death!

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
...Ok, I was going to put a vote in for the theater girls, but as I was contemplating it, a plastic bag inexplicably tied itself around my foot. This is clearly a sign from Iris, so... I'm voting for Ayame here.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The theater girls will be sad if we don't pick them. Besides, they asked first. Ayame is a bit more mature and can handle it better. Three grumpy women is worse then one grumpy woman anyway.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Definitely the three theater girls.

Great LP, by the way. I just read the whole thing last week.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Three grumpy women is worse then one grumpy woman anyway.
This. Not worth pissing off 3 when there's no chance of hot squelchy lurrve action by picking 1.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15

ZeeToo posted:

Agreed, but backwards.

...Have the theater girls satisfy a robot double while you build a Kohran to get Ayame to go out?

Broken Mind
Jan 27, 2009
Maybe ayame can teach him the secret of fighting giant robots while on foot!

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The theatre girls are younger, have planned this out, and asked first, making them more likely to be pissed off when Ogami turns them down. Also, Ayame seems fairly sensible, and we can't have Ogami going out with anyone sensible. Go with the theatre girls.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
I'd vote for the 'both and hide behind a plant' option, but let's go for the theater girls. They deserve a chance to inflate their egos at the expense of the ticketboy as well.

I forgot. Do the theater girls know about the kobu?
Edit on reading the last update: No, they clearly do. Too bad.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 3, 2009

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."
Yay, you're back!

Go with the theater girls.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

First come, first drag Ogami around. Go with the theater girls.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ayame seems more interesting.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

Theater girls.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
here's a vote for the girls! ayame's hair is weird and distracting and goes against the laws of spatial geometry.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's true. Ayame's hair is deeply unsettling and probably means she's allied with these new Lovecraftian horrors.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
if Ogami's robot clone powered by his soul from a another dimension was still around I would go with both but since it was destroyed I'll vote for the girls since if 3 a company then 4 is a party!(or something like that)

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!
Ayame.

I sense flashback potential

coffeebadass
Feb 8, 2009
Apparently i have to vote for the sannin musume.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I vote for the theatre girls; Yuri's shirt looks open.

That, and well, while we've seen a great deal of the rest, we don't actually know much about the other girls do we? Maybe we'll get THEIR backstories.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
I'd go with Ayame, but I'd be sure to transcend dimensions and view a dimension where the theatre girls were chosen.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

ZeeToo posted:

Agreed, but backwards.

Oh yeah, flip my vote around.

unangbangkay
Sep 30, 2008
Oh hey guys, I just noticed something on Kotaku today:

quote:

Game magazine Famitsu polled its readers about which franchise sequel they crave the most:

1. Sakura Taisen (aka Sakura Wars) 267 votes
2. Shenmue 249 votes
3. Okami 204 votes

Awww yeah!

Oh, and cast my vote for the sannin musume.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
What

Man, I love Sakura Wars as much as the next person, probably a lot more, but Okami doesn't HAVE a sequel and Sakura Wars has tons. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
am kinda glad that there's some people who still some Shenmue, one last game wouldn't hurt.

• Locked thread