Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
Thanks for posting those videos. They remind me of hundreds more things I need to work on. I'd probably be a bit more than winded after doing that for awhile.

Speaking of being winded, I almost killed myself a few days ago. I woke up at 5:30 PM, inhaled some Ramen, and went to a pickup game at 7. Being very dehydrated plus having a solid brick of undigested white flour noodles coated in salt sitting in your gut is awesome. There were two other goalies and a 3 on 3 half ice game going after warmups, so I just sat by myself in the opposite end and worked on technique the whole time. The other goalies were awesome at giving me tips when it was their turn to sit. I can actually do a butterfly slide to my left pretty well now, and I can recover OK but can't get a backside push at all. I'm still hopeless to the right. It seems like I get a good rotation and push across to the left, but to the right my upper body ends up flailing the opposite way while I crash straight down. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

titanium posted:

Day two video, now featuring pucks!

Christ my lungs are out of shape, I'm getting winded way to early but I got some much needed stick work in today (heh, stick work).

http://vimeo.com/4423835

Have you been able to play any pick up or games since you've started working with your goalie coach? Also, how do you like your Warrior goalie stick? I'm thinking of picking up one when/if my Sherwood ever dies.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
My leagues are starting soon.. roller starts Sunday and ice starts next week. Gonna be playing about three hours of ice tonight.. WHOO!

Time for a big plate of pasta and a five hour energy shot.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Aniki posted:

Have you been able to play any pick up or games since you've started working with your goalie coach? Also, how do you like your Warrior goalie stick? I'm thinking of picking up one when/if my Sherwood ever dies.

I havent yet, I'll probably play Saturday morning and Monday but thats open hockey and then a group of guys that know eachother so its not the cleanest hockey. It gets harder to think about the movement principles once you get pucks out there cause you fall into old positioning habits thinking "Just get to the puck NOW!". You can see me get a bit jumpy after some of those shots so its defiantly something I need to work on.

The Warrior stick is nice but the problem is they're kinda pricey for a wood stick. If I was a regular handed goalie I'd give the Messiah a shot in a second cause its only about 30$ more than the wood.

Hazed_blue
May 14, 2002
Ow. :( How do you guys position and push with your glove hand when shooting the puck? I need to find a better way to do it, because I am really hurting my wrist. From what I can gather (left-handed glove, shooting left), I seem to be slightly rolling my glove hand counter-clockwise when I release; I get decent power and height out of it, but it is KILLING the extensor tendon that runs along the outside of my hand.

I've tried Turco style, but I don't think that I have the physical height or control to make it work. Any ideas tips on hand positioning or angling that could make for a more comfortable release?

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Hazed_blue posted:

Ow. :( How do you guys position and push with your glove hand when shooting the puck? I need to find a better way to do it, because I am really hurting my wrist. From what I can gather (left-handed glove, shooting left), I seem to be slightly rolling my glove hand counter-clockwise when I release; I get decent power and height out of it, but it is KILLING the extensor tendon that runs along the outside of my hand.

I've tried Turco style, but I don't think that I have the physical height or control to make it work. Any ideas tips on hand positioning or angling that could make for a more comfortable release?

I have a lot of trouble gripping the stick with my trapper, so I generally balance the stick on the wrist guard of my trapper and I pull back with my blocker hand to shoot. Sometimes I can kind of get a Turco grip, but I have been able to consistently grip the stick with my trapper. There is also doing the Hasek-style one handed slapshots to clear the puck out of the zone and some goalies will use their leg pads as a fulcrum and pull back on the stick with their blocker hand.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Hazed_blue posted:

What helped me adapt to the Turco grip is to just roll the handle of the stick in the bottom part of the grip. Zack explained to me how you want to hold the top of your stick so you can crank through the pass, think about revving a motorcycle. You should be able to push down and forward with your catch resulting in a strong shot.

Today I thought I'd be feeling a bit stronger after a good nights sleep and carb filled meals but I was still pretty beat. I'm going to take one more session before the tournament after a few days rest so I get the most out of it. I got a good amount of puck work today and I'm REALLY starting to notice how efficient this method is.

Here's the day 3 Vid!

http://vimeo.com/4436547

titanium fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 2, 2009

Joey Walnuts
Dec 6, 2004

Clean up, aisle 3.

titanium posted:

What helped me adapt to the Turco grip is to just roll the handle of the stick in the bottom part of the grip. Zack explained to me how you want to hold the top of your stick so you can crank through the pass, think about revving a motorcycle. You should be able to push down and forward with your catch resulting in a strong shot.

Today I thought I'd be feeling a bit stronger after a good nights sleep and carb filled meals but I was still pretty beat. I'm going to take one more session before the tournament after a few days rest so I get the most out of it. I got a good amount of puck work today and I'm REALLY starting to notice how efficient this method is.

Here's the day 3 Vid!

Awesome video. :)

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

titanium posted:

Here's the day 3 Vid!

One thing that I noticed is that you always keep your trapper facing inward, it seems to work really well for you in the video. I've always had my trapper a little further away from my body either facing flat or even slightly outwards, which hasn't worked too well for me. I've had a little more success using a fingers up trapper position and while that worked a lot better for me with shots in close to the net, I was still blocking more with my trapper than controlling the puck. I think I'll try to mimic your trapper positioning the next time I get on the ice and see how that goes.

Also, watching your movements on butterfly slides and then the move where you got into the hybrid position, twist your torso, do a T-push were very helpful. I'll probably try to go through your videos one more time this weekend to focus on the movements that you did, since the on ice camera angle really does a good job of showing how you move around the crease and your movements look a lot more efficient than me flopping around and relying way too much on kicksaves to bail myself out from bad positioning.

Thanks again for posting those videos.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I tried on some Graf G50s today and I can't believe how wonderful those skates felt. From what I could tell in the store, I didn't have any foot pain, the skates supported my ankles much better, and I could shuffle around very easily. I've wanted to try on Graf's for a long time and I can really see why so many players and skaters are in love with that brand. They easily felt much more comfortable and "game ready" than my 1.5 year old Bauer XIX's and it definitely seemed like I would be able to stay on the ice a lot longer in those skates, since my current skates can be painful, if they are not tightened just right.

These are definitely on my wishlist, though I am curious how these compare to the the Graf 750 Goaler Pro? I guess I'll read some reviews on these skates, but if anyone has experience with Graf goalie skates, I'd love to hear what you think of them.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

I need to upgrade from my crappy sweatpants to something decent to wear under my pads. The sweatpants have developed a nasty habit of moving up to my knee, letting the top calf strap do this to my bare leg:

What do you guys use? Something like Under Armor? I know some guys wear hockey socks, but that seems a little excessive.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

ManicJason posted:

I need to upgrade from my crappy sweatpants to something decent to wear under my pads. The sweatpants have developed a nasty habit of moving up to my knee, letting the top calf strap do this to my bare leg:

What do you guys use? Something like Under Armor? I know some guys wear hockey socks, but that seems a little excessive.

I've recently started wearing Under Armour heat gear compression pants. They seem to work well, albeit in the 1-2 times I've had a chance to use them so far, but Bauer, RBK and other brands sell similar products. You should also notice that your pads will rotate a little easier/faster than the would if you wore track/sweat pants.

Edit: If you do get Under Armour make sure to get them one size larger than what you would wear for regular clothes, so if you normally wear a medium, then you should buy a large pair of compression pants.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
How tight are you strapping down? I have mine loose enough so I can grab my buckle and wiggle it up and down a tad. Compression pants are great just cause they breath well and dont soak but I dont think this will cure your problem.

Regarding Grafs everyone goalie I know that has them loves them. I grew up with Bauer and almost switched over because of my XIX's (they're horrible imo) but I couldnt be happier with my One95's. If you have a good price for them I'd say go for it.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

titanium posted:

How tight are you strapping down? I have mine loose enough so I can grab my buckle and wiggle it up and down a tad. Compression pants are great just cause they breath well and dont soak but I dont think this will cure your problem.

Regarding Grafs everyone goalie I know that has them loves them. I grew up with Bauer and almost switched over because of my XIX's (they're horrible imo) but I couldnt be happier with my One95's. If you have a good price for them I'd say go for it.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who had trouble with XIX's. I bought them, because I thought they would the closest ice equivalent to my Bauer XG Lites, but the skates ended up feeling hard as Hell and they always felt like they dug into the inside edge of the arch of my foot. The ankles never seemed to be sturdy enough and the tongue of the skate always rotates to the side, which changes how the ankle feels as the game goes on. Honestly, I should have replaced my skates first, but I wanted to wait until I could try on Graf goalie skates and until today I haven't seen them locally and was expecting that I'd need to wait until I went back to Minnesota to try some on.

I'll make sure to give the One 95's a try, since the G50s aren't cheap and if I could find a cheaper alternative that fit me well, then I wouldn't be opposed to going with Bauer again as long as the skates fit me better than my XIX's have. Though the Graf's have definitely made a good impression on me and I would love to be able to go out on the ice without foot pain or the fit of the skate changing being the limiting factor in how long I can stay out. I obviously don't know how the Graf's will fair in some of those categories, but it seems to be a better design and I have a hard time seeing the thick tongue on those skates rotating nearly as much as the XIX tongue has.

Sorry for the length of my reply, but my ice skates have definitely been my most problematic piece of equipment, though at least they allowed me start playing ice.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

The strap that causes my rash is pretty loose. I only noticed the pain while playing during full strides (going to bench and whatnot). I guess I'll give it one more notch.

Somehow I completely lucked out with my skates. My whole family has oddly-shaped feet, so we all get horrible foot pain with almost every skate (although my brother just got some kind of Graf that is the first comfortable pair he's ever had). The random used Bauer goalie skates I got are somehow the only comfortable skates I've had. Only hurt one time when I first got them. No pain at all breaking in the new pads :woop:

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I found out today that the ETA for my leg pads is May 22nd, at least I have another paycheck between now and when the pads arrive. Also, are the Montreal 9000's the same as the Warrior Swagger goalie sticks?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Aniki I also got my poo poo straightened out so you'll have some money from me coming your way soon (like in a week I think).

Also, sweatpants or anything cotton seems like a terrible thing to wear under pads. All I can see it doing is chafing when it gets sweaty :(

I used to wear those sweat wicking compression long johns from Champion but one day I just up and switched back to plain hockey socks attached to my player jock compression shorts and I never really went back. I should try the compression long johns again on my new pads. I wonder if there will be a significant tactile difference.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to give up the socks though -- am I the only one who loves to stretch out the bottom of his hockey socks and cover half his skates with them? :cool:

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 4, 2009

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

I tried my old sweatpants + hockey socks tonight, and it worked very well. I'm sticking with that for the time being.

Also, I noticed that I get the same foot pain on the outsides of my feet that my whole family gets with non-Graf skates, it's just not bad in goalie skates since your weight is on the inside most of the time.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Martytoof posted:

Aniki I also got my poo poo straightened out so you'll have some money from me coming your way soon (like in a week I think).

Alright, cool.

Did your experience with Superfeet footbeds ever get any better? I am thinking about picking some up tomorrow to see if they can make my Bauer's more playable. I actually just pulled out the insoles from my XIX's and while they may have been compressed over time, I think it would be generous to call them 1 mm thick.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Aniki posted:

I tried on some Graf G50s today and I can't believe how wonderful those skates felt. From what I could tell in the store, I didn't have any foot pain, the skates supported my ankles much better, and I could shuffle around very easily. I've wanted to try on Graf's for a long time and I can really see why so many players and skaters are in love with that brand. They easily felt much more comfortable and "game ready" than my 1.5 year old Bauer XIX's and it definitely seemed like I would be able to stay on the ice a lot longer in those skates, since my current skates can be painful, if they are not tightened just right.

These are definitely on my wishlist, though I am curious how these compare to the the Graf 750 Goaler Pro? I guess I'll read some reviews on these skates, but if anyone has experience with Graf goalie skates, I'd love to hear what you think of them.

I had Graf 750's for several years. I switched to them after having Bauer 1000's, though those were while I was playing Pee Wee and Bantam so it wasn't like I was using the 1000's very intensively. I really, really liked the Graf's at the beginning but I eventually switched back to Bauer (7000's) because the Graf's started to give me some trouble after several years of I guess decently intensive use.

I had to replace the cowlings at least once (and realistically if I hadn't gotten new skates I would have had to replace them within a few months again, too) because they kept getting rounded off which made down-pushing much more difficult than it should have been since it was harder to catch an edge, I also slipped out much more often when I did catch the edge, as well. I'm sure that has something to do with the people that were sharpening my skates (nobody in NorCal can sharpen skates very well, and that's even more true for goalie skates) but the Graf's undeniably have a less exaggerated heel and toe "pick" (for lack of knowing the correct term for the extension of the steel after the flat blade part, if there even is one) which is much more easily rounded off.

The padding on the inside also started to wear down considerably. After using them for a couple years all the padding around the ankles had spread out, compressed, or deteriorated which caused my ankles to develop incredibly painful pressure points as they were forced up against the inside part of the hard leather that formed the outside boot instead of the soft, cushioned leather inside the boot that was there when I first bought them. I ended up having to tape on foam donut pads around the inside and outside ankle of my right foot as well as one side of my left foot (can't remember which side anymore). If I didn't wear those pads the pain was literally so bad I couldn't even skate, much less butterfly or do anything productive on the ice.

Like I said, I ended up switching back to Bauer's (7000's) and I've had no complaints so far, aside from that it was definitely weird getting used to them on the ice at first after so long on Graf's. I've been able to get back to only using 1 donut on the inside of my right ankle, and it's more precautionary than anything; though, to be fair, I took a long time off so whatever was causing those pressure points might have had enough time to heal.

All that said, when I had my Graf's I was playing ~2-3 hours a day, ~5 days a week, so even if the skates had held up better those issues might have come about anyways from my body telling me to gently caress off; nonetheless, while the skates might not have been the cause of the problem, they sure didn't help it - and probably exaggerated it at that. Now that I've got done basically condemning them I have to say this: If I was still playing at a high enough level (or making enough money) where I felt justified in being able to drop $400-500 on new skates every couple of years I would have no qualms about jumping back to Graf's - before they started to fall apart on me they were definitely the most comfortable skates I'd worn and I always liked how they felt on the ice.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
http://vimeo.com/4491074

Suction cup test video, they said it wouldnt work!

Brought the cam and the mount to some ice I play with a group of guys that get together every week. The mount is just some cheap bendy mount I got for $17 at Best Buy. The batteries ended up dieing on me so there's not much footage which is too bad cause after warming up my movement started getting better. You can see me correcting myself in the vid, something I try to do every time I realize I made a mistake.

My last session with Zack before the tournament is tomorrow, I'm going to try and keep it mostly puck work so there should be some good stuff coming.

titanium fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 5, 2009

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I wear sleep pants under my pads. They're mega-absorbent and never chafe.

Zinc.
Feb 2, 2007
Good for scalp.

titanium posted:

http://vimeo.com/4491074

Suction cup test video, they said it wouldnt work!

Brought the cam and the mount to some ice I play with a group of guys that get together every week. The mount is just some cheap bendy mount I got for $17 at Best Buy. The batteries ended up dieing on me so there's not much footage which is too bad cause after warming up my movement started getting better. You can see me correcting myself in the vid, something I try to do every time I realize I made a mistake.

My last session with Zack before the tournament is tomorrow, I'm going to try and keep it mostly puck work so there should be some good stuff coming.

drat. Who is that Sniper at 55 seconds in!!!

Hazed_blue
May 14, 2002
So during warmups this morning, someone ripped off a slap shot from the red circle, and it came at me from a weird angle. I went to shrug it away with my shoulder, but it somehow ended up slipping underneath my shoulder wing and pegging me right on the deltoid of my glove side, with no padding to save me. I had to go off to the side for a moment (because it HURT), but it didn't seem bad enough to stop. I played the whole game, and it kept feeling more and more sore. I now have a big giant goose egg on the front of my shoulder, and it's really hurting. Argh, why does this always happen in warmups! :argh: Besides icing it and taking anti-inflammatorys, is there anything else I should be doing for it?

I'm trying to get the swelling down enough to play tonight, but it's gonna be questionable. :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Last week I got hit in the nuts with a slapshot in warmup. I'm talking a windup cannon from the slot slapshot.

And I learned that a (my) goalie cup is to keep your nuts from being turned into a fine jelly, but not necessarily to make them feel like sunshine and roses when doing so.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 5, 2009

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I don't take warmup shots.

These reasons above are why.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

sba posted:

whaaaaa?

You should take some shots. Your teammates should know to exercise your legs and corners but not have a hardest slapshot comp.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!

sba posted:

I only take a handful, and thats about it, and that stemmed from an injury from soccer warmups. It carried over to hockey.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

sba posted:

I'm not quite to the point of refusing to take warmup shots, but I don't like wasting too energy on them. I'll take a few shots mostly standing up, skate to the corner do some more stretching, and then take a few more shots and butterfly a couple times to get myself ready. I just don't like wasting too much energy on warmups. It's a little different for an actual game, but in open hockey or practice, I'd rather just keep the warmups short and start playing the game or going through drills.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I tend not to go down too much in warmups. On the record it's because I shouldn't need to be making tricky saves in warmup and I should be warming up my legs and arms. Off the record (and the real reason) is that the Zam guy loving FLOODS my crease these last few weeks. I'm literally standing in water when I go put my net on its' moorings.

Edit: Also the superfeet thing -- I've been wearing them forever and my feet still hurt some games. I can't say whether they hurt MORE or LESS because I completely forgot how they used to feel.

They're not a magical remedy for lovely skates or lovely feet though, of which I seemingly have one or or the other or both :(

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 5, 2009

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Deer_fire posted:

I had Graf 750's for several years. I switched to them after having Bauer 1000's, though those were while I was playing Pee Wee and Bantam so it wasn't like I was using the 1000's very intensively. I really, really liked the Graf's at the beginning but I eventually switched back to Bauer (7000's) because the Graf's started to give me some trouble after several years of I guess decently intensive use.

I had to replace the cowlings at least once (and realistically if I hadn't gotten new skates I would have had to replace them within a few months again, too) because they kept getting rounded off which made down-pushing much more difficult than it should have been since it was harder to catch an edge, I also slipped out much more often when I did catch the edge, as well. I'm sure that has something to do with the people that were sharpening my skates (nobody in NorCal can sharpen skates very well, and that's even more true for goalie skates) but the Graf's undeniably have a less exaggerated heel and toe "pick" (for lack of knowing the correct term for the extension of the steel after the flat blade part, if there even is one) which is much more easily rounded off.

The padding on the inside also started to wear down considerably. After using them for a couple years all the padding around the ankles had spread out, compressed, or deteriorated which caused my ankles to develop incredibly painful pressure points as they were forced up against the inside part of the hard leather that formed the outside boot instead of the soft, cushioned leather inside the boot that was there when I first bought them. I ended up having to tape on foam donut pads around the inside and outside ankle of my right foot as well as one side of my left foot (can't remember which side anymore). If I didn't wear those pads the pain was literally so bad I couldn't even skate, much less butterfly or do anything productive on the ice.

Like I said, I ended up switching back to Bauer's (7000's) and I've had no complaints so far, aside from that it was definitely weird getting used to them on the ice at first after so long on Graf's. I've been able to get back to only using 1 donut on the inside of my right ankle, and it's more precautionary than anything; though, to be fair, I took a long time off so whatever was causing those pressure points might have had enough time to heal.

All that said, when I had my Graf's I was playing ~2-3 hours a day, ~5 days a week, so even if the skates had held up better those issues might have come about anyways from my body telling me to gently caress off; nonetheless, while the skates might not have been the cause of the problem, they sure didn't help it - and probably exaggerated it at that. Now that I've got done basically condemning them I have to say this: If I was still playing at a high enough level (or making enough money) where I felt justified in being able to drop $400-500 on new skates every couple of years I would have no qualms about jumping back to Graf's - before they started to fall apart on me they were definitely the most comfortable skates I'd worn and I always liked how they felt on the ice.

That's consistent with what I've heard about Grafs. They are amazing comfortable at first and eventually over time the foam stars to compress and the comfort level decreases. I'm hopeful that if I play about 2-3 times per week, that they should last me for quite a while. My job's good enough that they don't need to last me forever, but I don't want to be frivilous either, so I am going to pick up some SuperFeet footbeds and see if I can get some more life out of my current skates. Though the comfort and fit that the Graf's provide really make them tempting, but I know that should wait a little while before I get new skates.

Edit: I picked up the Shock Doctor footbeds instead. It seemed like spending $40 on the yellow SuperFeet seemed a bit excessive and from what I've read people seemed to really like the Shock Doctor footbeds.

Aniki fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 5, 2009

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Thank you for this thread. I started playing goalie at a local floor hockey league and I've had a rough if not interesting time. After reading this thread I might still have questions about gear and poo poo like that.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Aniki posted:

Edit: I picked up the Shock Doctor footbeds instead. It seemed like spending $40 on the yellow SuperFeet seemed a bit excessive and from what I've read people seemed to really like the Shock Doctor footbeds.

I might try these just because they're not super expensive. I wonder if I can double up footbeds comfortably in my skate. I don't shoehorn my feet into my skates so I think I have some room to play with.

Edit:

El Mariachi, welcome aboard! We'll help as best we can :)

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

"See Joe, this is what winning a meaningful game feels like"
Marty, do you still have those pants? I fixed my email problem.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
:psyduck: Why are Minnesotans some of the only people who call them breezers instead of pants?!

Zinc.
Feb 2, 2007
Good for scalp.

titanium posted:

:psyduck: Why are Minnesotans some of the only people who call them breezers instead of pants?!

I've never understood that either, and it's even more localized than saying "pop" instead of soda.

Space Cadet
Jun 1, 2000

Destruction, hence, like creation, is one of Nature's mandates.
The Shock Doctor foot beds are what I use in my skates whether I am in net or out of the crease and my comfortable play time went from 25-30 minutes to 2 and a half hours before my feet start cramping/stabbing pain. To anyone not sure about superfeet, give these a try first they may be able to help you at a more reasonable price. I am also sad to hear this talk about graf skates as I was thinking of picking up a new pair in the fall, my vapor XIV skates are ok for now but I would like to get a pair new and fitted to the proper width and then I could probably live in those skates. I do like the fit and feel of my vapors, what would be a reasonable upgrade to those?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

brosef deluxe posted:

Marty, do you still have those pants? I fixed my email problem.

Oh yeah for sure -- I sent you an email but you never replied so I figured you just abandoned them :haw:

I'll get with you tomorrow and we can look at shipping and stuff.

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

"See Joe, this is what winning a meaningful game feels like"

Martytoof posted:

Oh yeah for sure -- I sent you an email but you never replied so I figured you just abandoned them :haw:

I'll get with you tomorrow and we can look at shipping and stuff.
Upon testing: it seems the forum email thing is not working: innesheavyindustries at yahoo.

My new favorite thing is being semi-unemployed, which means a lot more time to play hockey.

Also, any recommendations on buying a stick? I'm about 5'10, a poor stickhandler (although once I get one of my own I'll be practicing the Turco shot.) and I tend to play more of a hybrid game with a slight crouch. I'm not sure which curve and lie I should be looking at.

From what I have read, I will want something akin to a 14 lie and a mid-heel curve. I'm also poor, so a wooden stick would probably be for the best.

I'm really hoping, with enough shinny time, to be a very active goaltender in playing the puck. 4v4 roller gives me a lot of ice to make passes.

brosef deluxe fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Space Cadet posted:

The Shock Doctor foot beds are what I use in my skates whether I am in net or out of the crease and my comfortable play time went from 25-30 minutes to 2 and a half hours before my feet start cramping/stabbing pain. To anyone not sure about superfeet, give these a try first they may be able to help you at a more reasonable price. I am also sad to hear this talk about graf skates as I was thinking of picking up a new pair in the fall, my vapor XIV skates are ok for now but I would like to get a pair new and fitted to the proper width and then I could probably live in those skates. I do like the fit and feel of my vapors, what would be a reasonable upgrade to those?

That's good to hear, I know there will be an adjustment period for the new insoles, but it would be nice to make my skates more comfortable without needing to invest in a new pair. I've already tried messing with how I tighten my laces and I've switched to Easton skate socks, so the insoles are the last thing I can think of trying with these skates. Hopefully my results will be as good as yours.

• Locked thread