Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Ferrinus posted:

don't worry probably 50% or more of the rolls in my game are int + occult checks

int+occult: literally the most useful stat+skill combo in Ferrinusgame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Danhenge posted:

int+occult: literally the most useful stat+skill combo in Ferrinusgame

Good.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Ferrinus posted:

Good.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

my int+occult dicepool is only 4 but i love rollin' anyway, it's not like it could hurt

Always Roll Int+Occult

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

if your occult is less than 4 you're trash

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

if your occult is less than 4 you're trash

if your name is socharis you're trash

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

ferrinus could we happen upon a mystagogue with a homonculus at some point, i have a roleplaying thing i would like to do

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

ferrinus could we happen upon a magic flower where if we eat it we get gnosis 5 and five arcanum dots to distribute at will, i have a roleplaying thing i would like to do

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

ferrinus could we happen upon a magic flower where if we eat it we get gnosis 5 and five arcanum dots to distribute at will, i have a roleplaying thing i would like to do

I, too, would like to roleplay an extremely powerful mage

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
so would i. hmm, how can i effect this..

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

so would i. hmm, how can i effect this..

i see ferrinus is an adept of the Grammar arcanum, good show

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

ferrinus run this adventure. ferrinus look at my character sheet. ferrinus buy me a pony

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

the homonculus would not be for me you jerks!!!!!!!!!!

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

ferrinus run this adventure. ferrinus look at my character sheet. ferrinus buy me a pony

ponies are 20xp

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

it would be for socharis in fact

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
ferrinus can me and tombheart make a promethean out of the soul of socharis's dead girlfriend and a body stitched together out of fat gay dead dudes

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

whoops your homunculus resembles a person succeed on a roll of 1 die or lose a dot of wisdom permanently for your act of hubris

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

how much exp does it cost to get into "EnochGame"

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Attorney at Funk posted:

ferrinus can me and tombheart make a promethean out of the soul of socharis's dead girlfriend and a body stitched together out of fat gay dead dudes

if you kill yourselves for parts how are you going to perform the ritual?

brennon posted:

how much exp does it cost to get into "EnochGame"

you have to shiv a dude

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

you have to shiv a dude

can i have done this before i knew about enochgame or does that not count

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

if you kill yourselves for parts how are you going to perform the ritual?

I Love My Dead Gay Corpus

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

brennon posted:

can i have done this before i knew about enochgame or does that not count

if you didn't shiv a dude before you even heard about mage get the gently caress out of here

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Ferrinus posted:

whoops your homunculus resembles a person succeed on a roll of 1 die or lose a dot of wisdom permanently for your act of hubris

Wisdom-specific sins: the dumbest thing?

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Dammit Who? posted:

Wisdom-specific sins: the dumbest thing?

what about the werewolf ones

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

what about the werewolf ones

Werewolves: the dumbest thing?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

you ate fast food

lose one werewolf-wisdom

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

post 666

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

why would a werewolf lose whatever their wisdom equivalent is for eating fast food.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

why would a werewolf lose whatever their wisdom equivalent is for eating fast food.

'cause you have to hunt for your own food or you are Losing Your Identity As A Werewolf which means a penalty to Harmony

yes it's literally that gay

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

owod werewolf: choose one of 13 stereotypes and play it
nwod werewolf: choose one of 1 stereotype and play it, or else you are Bad At Being A Werewolf (the second stereotype, not unlockable at character creation)

yet another reason why nwod mage owns

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

is this only when they are in Wolf Form that they cannot eat food they did not hunt for. because that's got to be irritating as hell for lunch, assuming they, like mages, have day jobs

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

hi frank. want to go out for lunch. no thanks if i do i will go crazy.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

is this only when they are in Wolf Form that they cannot eat food they did not hunt for. because that's got to be irritating as hell for lunch, assuming they, like mages, have day jobs

a werewolf is expected to abandon all the trappings of their human lives once they realize they're werewolves

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

what if they hunt for a parking spot in order to get that food. or what if they hunt for the perfect restaurant. does that count

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

"harmony is about a balance between humanity and wolfhood"
*penalizes you for not behaving like a wolf forever*

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

No. It doesn't. Roll for derangement shitlord, you're Disrespecting The Spirits

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

yes, those spirits, the ones who make humanity their playthings and consume each other utterly. Be Nice.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

what if a werewolf uses a gun

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

brennon posted:

what if a werewolf uses a gun

the gun spirit becomes enraged and turns on you, you take damage from the gun and also have to roll degeneration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

what if a werewolf thinks about not being a werewolf anymore