Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

what if a werewolf thinks about not being a werewolf anymore

non-progressive thoughts, -1 harmony

actually, having a thought, -5 harmony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

are we Mageing tonight

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

do werewolves have to be werewolves even when it's not a full moon, how does that work

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

do werewolves have to be werewolves even when it's not a full moon, how does that work

the werewolf version of clans or paths are Auspices, which represent the phase of the moon under which werewolves first changed. they can change into any form at any time, but they can change more easily (ie, no roll required) during their auspice moon. there might be more stuff (I think each auspice has a favored form on the wolf-human transformation track, which means Full Moon auspice dudes would get bonuses to the Most Powerful Form)

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

what kind of pussy stops half way, if you're gonna be a werewolf go for the full deal at least

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

non-progressive thoughts, -1 harmony

actually, having a thought, -5 harmony

werewolves are actually spirits with a Ban on thinking. they are forbidden from doing anything but fight forever

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

brennon posted:

what kind of pussy stops half way, if you're gonna be a werewolf go for the full deal at least

no the full deal is actually the halfway form. it's like human-mostly human-half human-mostly wolf-wolf

the half human half wolf form is the biggest and the strongest and the hardest to control

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

werewolves are gay. possibly gayer than vampires

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

"Werewolves who suffer from bulimia sometimes abuse the
effects of food on different stomachs in order to manipulate
their diet and weight gain."

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

ahahaha jesus christ, you know how dogs can't have chocolate/coffee? werewolves can't either, if you have something like that then change into a wolf you're in for some fun apparently. thanks world of darkness rulebooks.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

do werewolves choke to death when they eat bone in chicken too

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

did they get rid of the giant fuckoff 3/4-wolf form, that was the only redeeming thing about owod werewolf

oh and rokea

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

did they get rid of the giant fuckoff 3/4-wolf form, that was the only redeeming thing about owod werewolf

oh and rokea

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Attorney at Funk posted:

two guns + trenchcoat

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

everything is so dark and gritty *dons shades and trenchcoat, turns up headlikeahole.mp3, pulls out both pistols*

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

could a mage make clothes that stay on regardless of shapeshifting. if so can I make a line of clothing for werewolves that go from trenchcoat to doggy sweater depending on the form of the wearer

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

the only other good thing about owod werewolf is that the front and back of the core book were a comic book drawn by tony diterlizzi of "makes planescape not look bad" fame

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Attorney at Funk posted:

could a mage make clothes that stay on regardless of shapeshifting. if so can I make a line of clothing for werewolves that go from trenchcoat to doggy sweater depending on the form of the wearer

yes but wouldnt werewolves be sleepers so that would eventually disintegrate. i mean they're supernatural and know about spirits and stuff but they can't cast spells

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Attorney at Funk posted:

i don't know about nwod but owod this was basically the only ritual worth knowing, let you bind basically anything to shift with you as long as it wasn't huge or stupid, and even then.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Attorney at Funk posted:

werewolves can make those.

stop reading about werewolves. that's ooc information

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

yes but wouldnt werewolves be sleepers so that would eventually disintegrate. i mean they're supernatural and know about spirits and stuff but they can't cast spells

I would think other supernaturals would function like sleepwalkers w.r.t magic and paradox

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
how the gently caress are there 39 new posts. no mage tonight btw

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

can the matter dude please transmute all my bullets to silver. thanks in advance

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

werewolves are gay.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

run mage or i will slay enoch at your feet

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Attorney at Funk posted:

werewolves are gay.

no that's bears. g'night everybody

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

you son of a bitch...

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

also werewolves aren't sleepers, they are fully aware of the reality of mages

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

medved...

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

brennon posted:

also werewolves aren't sleepers, they are fully aware of the reality of mages

"hmmm time to feast on some humans oh god why are my clothes turning into silverrraragghghghghghggggghghgH"

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

"hmmm time to feast on some humans oh god why are my clothes turning into silverrraragghghghghghggggghghgH"

according to the book they are afraid of this because there is no way to tell if a human is a mage or not unless they start doing poo poo like using vulgar magic

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

brennon posted:

according to the book they are afraid of this because there is no way to tell if a human is a mage or not unless they start doing poo poo like using vulgar magic

Good.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

its like every day you pick a sandwich but one of them has way too much mayonnaise and you hate mayonnaise but there is no way to tell until you unwrap it. i mean you can drop the sandwich and not eat it (run away from the mage) but thats not always guaranteed to save you because you might have gotten some mayo on your hand already

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

except the mayo deals aggravated damage

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

also at the end of it all, you realize you're the sandwich all along

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

that's a hell of an analogy

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Obrimos 1: I saw a vampire today.
Obrimos 2: Disgusting creatures.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

I think I've decided that vampires are less gay than werewolves.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Ferrinus posted:

Obrimos 1: I saw a vampire today.
Obrimos 2: Disgusting creatures.

Mastigos: Seen any... changelings? Ahahahaha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Attorney at Funk posted:

I think I've decided that vampires are less gay than werewolves.

You have Ascended.