Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Beautiful as it is, that was 22 pages dedicated to him flying onto someone's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Andrigaar posted:

Beautiful as it is, that was 22 pages dedicated to him flying onto someone's back.

At least the next issue is coming soon.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Yeah though when he comes back from a break he usually releases a few chapters within a couple of months and then goes back to indefinite hiatius.

I'm gonna be entire realistic and say we wont get more than 4 chapters (tops) before he takes another break.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
I just hope he finishes this battle because everyone knows that Griffith is going to win (if he didn't, they'd be no more plot to go on with). I'm far more interested in what Guts is up to and the elf kingdom.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The reason I find it easy to tolerate Bleach's pacing is because I have to deal with this pacing. I remember when a lot of stuff would happen in a chapter of Berserk.

insaine
Aug 29, 2006
You know it could be possible that Miura is pacing this stuff so slow because he is getting ideas for where he wants the story to head or something. I mean it is coming up to a pretty big turning point where some major plot points need to be tied up(how many years has it been since the gang decided to head to elfheim?) , maybe he is making sure that he takes it in the right direction.

or he could be playing dating sims.

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
This...is gonna get gross.
SPOILER IMAGE

Click here for the full 799x583 image.

Owned. The Skull Knight in melee range of a God Hand with a behelit-infused sword.

This is going to get good.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 1, 2009

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

I saw that elsewhere but I'm kinda surprised you didn't spoiler tag it at all.

I mean poo poo it's the biggest thing to happen for loving years.

gently caress knows why it's happening but it's still awesome.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wait, another new chapter? The last one came out like a week or so ago didn't it? When was the last time Miura did a release on his original, bi-weekly schedule?

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Nate RFB posted:

Wait, another new chapter? The last one came out like a week or so ago didn't it? When was the last time Miura did a release on his original, bi-weekly schedule?

yeah I thought the next one came on the 8th.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

It does come out the 8th. There's been a lot of early spoiler pics this week for a lot of things actually.

I think for Berserk this was so early because it's so awesome.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So, we're not going to bother spoilering this discussion at all then?

Since I haven't been keeping up with ages anyway, I don't mind either way. I will say that it's not as exciting simply because it's Femto (or whatever Griffith's Godhand name is) that he's close to and we all know it'll be Caska that kills him. Takes the tension out of the entire thing when you know nothing can happen.

Oh well. Guess I'll keep waiting for something worth going back and reading up to current for to come along.

Edit: Good point Zorak.

tsob fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 1, 2009

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

tsob posted:

So, we're not going to bother spoilering this discussion at all then?

Why would you think other people breaking the rules means everyone can?

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.

Zorak posted:

Why would you think other people breaking the rules means everyone can?

Yeah I apologize for that above. I was a bit too excited.

Interesting turn of events though. My guess is that Griffith will simply kill Ganishka as he has helped to bring Griffith's ultimate plan to fruition, but the outcome of the above means it could go anywhere. I'm also sure that picture is the cliffhanger of the episode.

Cronus fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 1, 2009

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Considering the clothing, it doesn't even look like a spoiler. It looks like something that happened over 10 volumes ago.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.

insaine posted:

You know it could be possible that Miura is pacing this stuff so slow because he is getting ideas for where he wants the story to head or something. I mean it is coming up to a pretty big turning point where some major plot points need to be tied up(how many years has it been since the gang decided to head to elfheim?) , maybe he is making sure that he takes it in the right direction.

or he could be playing dating sims.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/05/02/the-madness-of-kentaro-miura-deepens-now-eroge-otaku/

Idolm@ster is important alright.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Andrigaar posted:

Considering the clothing, it doesn't even look like a spoiler. It looks like something that happened over 10 volumes ago.

Check out the background; they're on top of Ganishka's head

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

Check out the background; they're on top of Ganishka's head

I know that, but I'm saying that if you just wandered by like I did, you'd think everyone was gettin' all pissy for nothing.

No matter, only a week or so until it shows up on the interwebs. Which reminds me, how far behind is Dark Horse? Eventually they'll probably start getting really mad about these scans running around.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Andrigaar posted:

I know that, but I'm saying that if you just wandered by like I did, you'd think everyone was gettin' all pissy for nothing.

No matter, only a week or so until it shows up on the interwebs. Which reminds me, how far behind is Dark Horse? Eventually they'll probably start getting really mad about these scans running around.

Oh, right. Sorry, I mistook your meaning.

Judging by amazon, Dark Horse are up to Volume 29, and 30 is coming out in July. I think Miura's currently in the middle of volume 33.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Andrigaar posted:

Dark Horse is why Berserk is not on OneManga anymore. Other sites care less I guess.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

I was gonna say that nothing much would happen, but you know, this is about 50 2-page spreads in a row so anything could happen at such a huge turning point.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Man I'm gonna be real disappointed if that drat sword doesn't have SOME kind of effect, after all this frickin' time.

But not half as disappointed as I imagined SK will be

Gwynne
Oct 24, 2004
I'm a gnome
Do the dark horse volumes really do Berserk justice? They just seem so small and I am spoiled with high res scans.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
3D Realms just closed its doors before releasing Duke Nukem Forever.

I have a bad feeling about this :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Elentor posted:

I know the delays piss everyone off but a handful of chapters a year is nothing compared to the epic saga of Duke Nukem Forever.

I'll always hold onto faith that Miura will eventually abandon his Idolmaster ways (or at least hire a few assistants) and will go back to releasing Berserk at its old pace.

At least he's not Togashi.

Gwynne posted:

Do the dark horse volumes really do Berserk justice? They just seem so small and I am spoiled with high res scans.
Extremely good quality. As for the size, it's no smaller than the original tankoban. Although they made a few mistakes in the first volume with (IIRC) the castle name changing mid-volume the translation has been excellent. Overall it's infinitely better quality than the Band of the Hawks scans. I don't think people remember how bad those scans were for the early volumes.

The biggest problem with the Dark Horse release is that sometimes edges of the page get cut off, even cutting into a word bubble and its dialogue.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 7, 2009

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Elentor posted:

Hey now, cross your fingers that some other publisher will pick it up and set a hard date for them to suck it up and finish by. In fact, it was just yesterday that I relinked the Jace Hall (some internet guy who talks a lot) premiere ep to someone as proof that a year ago the game was functionally playable--it has video evidence of him playing the game.

Nate RFB posted:

Overall it's infinitely better quality than the Band of the Hawks scans. I don't think people remember how bad those scans were for the early volumes.
I remember when all scans were like that. I never could figure out how the image quality could go from decent to giant blocky poo poo on the same image. Hell, around the same time all TV/anime was encoded in RM too... what a horrible dark period of bad scanning/capping that was.

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008
Surprised there hasn't been any real discussion (it's up on mangafox). Very interesting chapter/episode whatever. Interesting how Griffith changed into Femto - not really sure what that means, probably just makes him more powerful, like an Apostle transform, so that he can kill the Emperor.
So, dare I ask, when's the next release scheduled?

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
May 22nd in Japan I believe.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Huh, day after Terminator.

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005
Your best friend objectifies children and you lied for him about it.

fuck you, you disgusting idiot.
Oh poo poo! Skull Knight out of fuckin nowhere Only one Griffin spread :(

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

I wonder how many chapters it's been since we saw Femto prior to this one. It must be a whole lot...

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I'm on book 16 right now. Best Manga I've ever read. It's better than Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service. Better than Battle Angel. Better than Museum of Terror: Tomie. It's the best.

Also the Dark Horse Comic does the comic great justice in the department of translation.

The Jetts Comic fan translation you'd get from torrents reduce the quality of the comic. The 100% sensical dialog you get from the DHC trades is well worth small art.

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.

Mr. Deathy posted:

I wonder how many chapters it's been since we saw Femto prior to this one. It must be a whole lot...

It's been 20 volumes, pretty much if you don't count the flashback stuff Guts had fairly often.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

I gotta say the whole ones in the deepest darkness carry the light says a little something about our protagonist, eh?

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
I'm wondering what the rest of the god hand has been up to. They haven't done anything since the trolls right?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Fiannaiocht posted:

I'm wondering what the rest of the god hand has been up to. They haven't done anything since the trolls right?

Well, that was more Slann just being decadent when she had a chance, but the situation that allowed it was all basically Femto. Femto's incarnation is eating away at the bounds between the real world and the world of fate, allowing spiritual beings to crossover (such as those Trolls). They are just sort of controlling their own aspects of emotions right now, as far as I can tell.

rubbe
Jul 19, 2008
edit: wrong thread.

rubbe fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 11, 2009

kborer
Dec 5, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT SNAKE ROBOTS!
Since Femto is dead now, I guess the next chapter will be the last one. Surprise sex with the Sword of Resonance seems kind of anticlimactic at this point, but as long as there is a page or two wrapping up that whole Caska thing, I'm sure most of the fans will be satisfied.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Hahaha, that would be loving hilarious. Miura is too busy with id@lmaster and just wraps it up immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Edge Zero posted:

Hahaha, that would be loving hilarious. Miura is too busy with id@lmaster and just wraps it up immediately.

Guts and crew make it to the elf island, everyone is cured, and Charlotte leads the country in the memory of her beloved, resting in peace at long last.

The end. :unsmith: