Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Make sure you use slavery. It is very powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money
Civ 4:

Don't buy Warlords. The only thing it adds is a collection of scenarios, none of which are particularly interesting. Beyond the Sword has all of the good content from Warlords, plus some other cool new stuff. Even if you like spending money, Warlords adds literally nothing to the meat of the game, which is the randomly generated maps.

As far as what you should know while playing the game? Axemen and cottages.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Buff Butler posted:

Civ 4:

Don't buy Warlords. The only thing it adds is a collection of scenarios, none of which are particularly interesting. Beyond the Sword has all of the good content from Warlords, plus some other cool new stuff. Even if you like spending money, Warlords adds literally nothing to the meat of the game, which is the randomly generated maps.

As far as what you should know while playing the game? Axemen and cottages.

Yes to cottages. When first playing, you'll probably want to farm everything. Cottages are way important. It took me a while to get over my fears and use cottages, but you have to do it.

BrokenLinux
Mar 9, 2003
/device/null
Requesting Demigod...Just picked it up to get the forthcoming 50% coupon. Any advice?

Wins7ow
Dec 2, 2007

by The Finn
Playing RE4 Like a champ:

Buy the treasure maps to each area and pay attention to it! As you progress you'll be locked out of older areas and any left behind treasure will be lost.

Near the end of the castle after a certain someone is kidnapped (For the Third Time) you'll see a giant disgusting cone hanging out of the ceiling. Shoot that fucker down, there's a lot of money to be made there.

As someone else mentioned, if the text on a treasure mentions empty slots, you'll get more treasure to slot in the items. When it reads as complete, sell it.

Flash grenades instantly kill any plague monster things that pop out of heads.

There are a few dumpsters in the game you can stick ashley into. She'll be safe in there while you clear the area.

Always scan your area for breakable boxes and other pickups. More money=more upgrades.

On normal difficulty, pick the weapon that looks like the most fun to you, the game won't be too hard. Keep a shotgun, pistol, and rifle. Magnums are great for a few bosses ("Prepare for your Death, Leon") but shouldn't be used against regular enemies. If you want the most powerful of each slot, the Red9, the second shotgun and the second rifle are your picks.

Shotguns are much more effective at clearing crowds than the TMP.

Leon can do a bitchin suplex by shooting the shins of monks, closing the gap and hitting the action button. This only works on the monk enemies.

I'm hesitant to point out exploits or weakness' in enemies, as it's a lot of fun to figure out for yourself.

People bitch about the tank controls, but with solid positioning you'll never be in a place where that will be a hindrance. Keep a clean exit behind you and check back there every once in a while. By the time you can headshot a guy, roundhouse kick the crowd down, then shoot an axe out of the air, you'll wonder what the fuss is about.

If I think of any more I'll add them.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
One thing for RE4 is that if you press I think it's A and down at the same time you quickly spin 180 degrees. I don't know if the game tells you or if it's just in the manual.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Wins7ow posted:

Shotguns are much more effective at clearing crowds than the TMP.

- Don't touch the TMP at all. It does absolutely nothing that another gun can't do just as well and takes up far too much space in your inventory. Ditto on the Mine Launcher, even upgraded they're both horrible worthless pieces of poo poo.

- The bolt-action rifle is slower but much more powerful than the semi-auto rifle. You'll be using them for far-off enemies only, so power wins over speed.

- Don't bother buying a scope. Any time the game calls for long-distance shooting a scope-less rifle still gives you more than enough range and accuracy. You'll need a certain type of scope in the later stages but the game gives it to you.

- If an enemy swings at you, simply stepping backwards is usually enough to make them miss, with the exception of pitchfork-wielding and unarmed enemies.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Also for RE4, don't be a retard like me and play through the first couple of levels before realising there is a run button...

serling
Aug 25, 2005

This deviates a little from the true purpose of the topic, but I'm guessing it's alright.

I'm at the end of Persona 3 (original version), and I was wondering if there is anything I should be doing in preperation for the finale?

My progress:
I'm level ~65, somewhere in mid-december. I have all my three main stats at max; currently trying to max out my social links where feasible. I've also reached the top of block five in Tartarus.

Wins7ow
Dec 2, 2007

by The Finn

Captain Sharpie posted:

- Don't touch the TMP at all. It does absolutely nothing that another gun can't do just as well and takes up far too much space in your inventory. Ditto on the Mine Launcher, even upgraded they're both horrible worthless pieces of poo poo.

The TMP is a good boss killer, especially the second giant you fight if you take the right path. It's not vital but it can help make that little event much less stressful.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Captain Sharpie posted:

- Don't touch the TMP at all. It does absolutely nothing that another gun can't do just as well and takes up far too much space in your inventory.
The TMP is the best crowd control gun and takes up very little room compared to some of the others. You can also abuse the magazine upgrade for it to get hundreds of free bullets.

My preferred arsenal is: Red9, Riot Gun, TMP, and Broken Butterfly. You can just about fully upgrade all of them in one playthrough if you save your money and use the treasure maps to grab as much treasure as possible.

Wins7ow
Dec 2, 2007

by The Finn

Nate RFB posted:

The TMP is the best crowd control gun and takes up very little room compared to some of the others. You can also abuse the magazine upgrade for it to get hundreds of free bullets.

Your milage may very I guess. I found the TMP to be boring and ammo inefficient, and shotguns are much better at crowd control. It's very easy to herd your enemies into a group in front of you and with a single shot, knock them all on their asses. Every enemy out of the fight for 5-10 seconds using a single bullet would be pretty hard to top.

LofwyrSai
Jul 19, 2006

Le réalité et toi, vous ne vous entendez pas, n'est-ce pas?

LofwyrSai fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 10, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Harlequinade posted:

This deviates a little from the true purpose of the topic, but I'm guessing it's alright.

I'm at the end of Persona 3 (original version), and I was wondering if there is anything I should be doing in preperation for the finale?

My progress:
I'm level ~65, somewhere in mid-december. I have all my three main stats at max; currently trying to max out my social links where feasible. I've also reached the top of block five in Tartarus.

Get to the top of the tower as soon as possible. It opens an optional Monad block which makes grinding really, really easy - even if you don't want to overdo it and make the last fight too easy, you can gain a couple of levels per fight there. You also don't want to do 50 floors on the last day.

If you DO want to make it too easy, get to the 90s, fuse Lucifer and Satan, and use Armageddon which does 9999 to everything.

also, you're not at the end. It will be really obvious when it comes, but there's a dialogue choice that either ends the game and gives you the bad ending, or unlocks another month. I'd recommend having a save before 12/31 and seeing them both.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Dr Snofeld posted:

Requesting Medieval 2: Total War help, because it's very intimidating for someone who's never played a Total War game before.

You'll get the hang of it after enough play. Here are some general tips and tricks:

World Map
-Try not to ally yourself with your neighbor, and instead ally yourself with the neighbor of your neighbor. Your immediate neighbor is for you to conquer, and your new buddy next door to them will be able to help out. So if you're playing as Byzantium, make an allegiance with Milan and start a war with Venice.

-Each of your generals has stats that affect gameplay - Command, Loyalty/Authority, Piety, and Chivalry/Dread. Command only matters if you auto-resolve battles; the game engine compares the size of opposing armies and the Command rating of the generals in control when determining who wins. Loyalty measures how likely they are to defect versus your current king's Authority - the higher both stats are on either end, the better. Piety is good to keep high as well, otherwise they might be targets for inquisitors. Stats that people often neglect with their Generals are Chivalry and Dread. If a bonus is given to one, it detracts from the other. So if your general acts like a dick in battle - executes prisoners, exterminates cities, hunts fleeing armies down - then his Dread will increase and his Chivalry will decrease. His Chivalry will increase (and his Dread will decrease) if he's a good guy. Concentrate on making your generals into either a total bastard or an angelic saint, as their other stats will increase accordingly if their Chivalry or Dread is high enough.

-If a Guild wants to set up a branch in one of your cities, remember that no other Guild will be able to set up there afterwards. Some Guilds are way more helpful than others, depending on your situation - a Theologian's Guild isn't going to be of much assistance if you don't need Priests that much, but a Knight Order chapter house will give you some rear end-kicking new units to train.

-Build towns in your inner territories and castles on your frontiers, and turn your outside into a ring of military production while your inside serves as the main source of income for your kingdom.

-Always be sure to keep the people in your city happy. You're able to tell what's currently pissing them off in the city menu, and you should adapt construction accordingly.

Battlefield

-Each faction has its own specialty on the battlefield. France's cavalry is superb, for example, whereas England has fantastic archers and Denmark has fantastic heavy infantry. When composing your armies, the "star" unit of your faction should play the main killing role, while the other unit types should be balanced appropriately to support the star unit. So when playing France, have your mediocre infantry and archers tie up the enemy while your cavalry swoops around from the rear and bulldozes them over.

-That reminds me, always try to flank, especially with heavy cavalry charges. If you pull it off, it's incredibly destructive.

-The hardest part of besieging a settlement is getting through the walls. For besieging, make sure you've got an army with lots of infantry and archers. Heavy cavalry will dominate open battlefields, but they're mostly useless in sieges until the gates are down. Infantry and archers also work well in manning siege engines, which you should always build more than one of; they can get destroyed fast under an especially harsh flaming arrow volleys. You can also bypass siege engines entirely if you have catapults or cannons, but remember that their ammunition is limited, so make sure you've got plenty if you're going to assault a high-level castle. My personal favorite method of assaulting a city is to sneak a Spy inside first, and camp outside until he's able to open the gates for my army.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I am about to start The Last Remnant. What should I know? Alternatively, I could not find the thread in games about it, does anyone have that as well. Would still love to hear your thoughts though.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Flaggy posted:

I am about to start The Last Remnant. What should I know? Alternatively, I could not find the thread in games about it, does anyone have that as well. Would still love to hear your thoughts though.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3004257

That's the megathread for all versions, it starts out with 360 and changes into mega around the PC release. There are shitloads of things you should know, probably too much for this thread to handle. Check out the thread, ask questions there, it's a helpful bunch.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Schurik posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3004257

That's the megathread for all versions, it starts out with 360 and changes into mega around the PC release. There are shitloads of things you should know, probably too much for this thread to handle. Check out the thread, ask questions there, it's a helpful bunch.

I just found that thread myself, but I do appreciate your help.

Captain Arab
Oct 21, 2008

Manic depressive goat fucker
Just picked up Soul Nomad and the World Eaters

Any little tips to help get started? These games are always daunting at the beginning.

tim kashew
Jan 30, 2004
I'm a little ways into Disgaea DS, and I feel a bit overwhelmed between all the Senate stuff and the Item World and so on. Plus I got to the first boss fight and all the regular units are doing crazy amounts of damage with spells and bows. Am I missing something obvious here, or am I just underleveled? It also seems like I'm awfully broke almost constantly, what's the best way to level up a bit and make a little money?

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

BrokenLinux posted:

Requesting Demigod...Just picked it up to get the forthcoming 50% coupon. Any advice?

Don't die. It starts a snow ball effect where enemy gets stronger and you die easier, making the problem worse. One player feeding kills to enemy can ruin your team totally.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

LofwyrSai posted:

So Lost Odyssey is on it's way from Gamefly and I'm ready to put some serious time into it after the brief fun of GOW2 and Bourne. I'm an older guy (30 on May 8!) so I have some patience which I've heard is good for this game. Any tips for just getting started on this RPG?

A few things:

1) You gain levels very quickly when you progress to a new area of the game, 1-2 battles usually. Once this stops happening in an area, you'll be at the correct level range for the encounters so you never really have to grind levels.

2) Immortals gain abilities by either skill linking with a non-Immortal character or by equipping items. After every battle you gain skill points, so while you're not going to grind for level you might want to take some time to gain skills. Non-Immortal characters gain skills from equipping items, but only as long as they have that item equipped. Important note: you can switch equipment in battle if necessary.

3) Most enemies in the game are one of four element types; earth, fire, wind, water. Earth is strong against water. Wind is strong against earth. Fire is strong against wind. Water is strong against fire.

Other then that, install the game to your hard drive as it cuts loading down a lot.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

tim kashew posted:

I'm a little ways into Disgaea DS, and I feel a bit overwhelmed between all the Senate stuff and the Item World and so on. Plus I got to the first boss fight and all the regular units are doing crazy amounts of damage with spells and bows. Am I missing something obvious here, or am I just underleveled? It also seems like I'm awfully broke almost constantly, what's the best way to level up a bit and make a little money?

If you die against Midboss, even in the first chapter, it unlocks new game+ and you can add Plenair to your team. A lot of people recommend it. Otherwise focus on leveling up Laharl. You sorta have to cheese a little bit to get anywhere.

Also at first opportunity, have Laharl create a Cleric. If Laharl is adjacent to the cleric, he'll be able to cast her spells. Have him cast healing spells on himself until he gets to a level 1 mastery. This will increase your survivability.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Captain Arab posted:

Any little tips to help get started? These games are always daunting at the beginning.
First of all, there's fairly comprehensive help given in the game itself.

Don't inspect immediately after you earn the ability to. Wait a little. This is especially true if you wish to actually upgrade the room by killing the boss. Sentries and Tyrants are far more powerful than their minions.

Equipped Decor is not used up in Inspection fights.

The main character ALWAYS counts as Male for the purposes of decor and attack/defence matchups.

Always carry a cleric in the back row. ALWAYS. It's practically mandatory. Clerics make a bad group good, and a good force practically unstoppable.

Your shops restock after every battle(inspection or plot), or if you defeat the guys running the place(Use a Fight Edict).

The various Fight Edicts give a boost to your stats when used. They can be used in-battle, too. Sometimes it can make all the difference...

Hold Hands doesn't care who you use it on. Drag an enemy towards a more capable ally, away from someone in need, move an ally into position...

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 7, 2009

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS

Captain Arab posted:

The game is pretty simple compared to other NIS games. You may be able to make it through without grinding. So you might as well just enjoy the ride.

If you can think in terms Ogre Battle style unit design and combat and Disgaea style strategy, you should have no problems.

But here's some tips anyway:
Be sure to stick around for New Game +, in which you're given a new choice, which sets you on the Demon Path. It's a what if... story that is incredibly ridiculous and worth seeing. Scratch that, the entire game is incredibly ridiculous and worth seeing.

Don't worry about using decorations they're plentiful and cheap. However making good use of them requires some effort to scout out every map before hand. Except for maybe the last few maps in the Demon Path.

Try to keep at least one unit lead by each class(ranged/magic/melee) of character. And pay attention to the match ups. Your hero's will always get stomped by gypsies.

Every room needs a healer, in the back row. Speaking of which pay attention to the attacks each person gets. Hitting more people usually results in weaker attacks. But the batle AI is stupid and attacks inefficiently, so better coverage usually works out to your advantage.

Always use a tactical move if you can't attack. Start with the one that increases ACT (which influences movement range and turn frequency). ACT can be permanently raised by doing room inspections. Range is also worth increasing.

Don't be afraid change rooms, you can usually get a better one.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

tim kashew posted:

If it is like the PS2 version, they were on enemy boosts and you would have to destroy the colored pyramids on the far left.

I used some leveled up Prinnies and tossed them at some guys to soften them up, over a few chapters.

For level progression, if you are on equal level than the bosses for half the game, then you are good enough. The higher chapters can allow you to fall behind in levels as most of the enemies have no equipment.

Don't bother with the Item World beyond level 10, for the main game. The levels of items will increase faster than your characters can keep up.

tim kashew
Jan 30, 2004

Scalding Coffee posted:

If it is like the PS2 version, they were on enemy boosts and you would have to destroy the colored pyramids on the far left.

I used some leveled up Prinnies and tossed them at some guys to soften them up, over a few chapters.

For level progression, if you are on equal level than the bosses for half the game, then you are good enough. The higher chapters can allow you to fall behind in levels as most of the enemies have no equipment.

Don't bother with the Item World beyond level 10, for the main game. The levels of items will increase faster than your characters can keep up.

Oooh, you're right, i hadn't noticed that until now. I'll take that into account next time.

So there's really no downside to overlevelling Laharl and losing to Midboss? Also, the Cleric was the first character i made. Are there any weapon types and character types that i should be focusing on/avoiding?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Characters generally prefer weapons with an A rank and higher tiered classes could reach S rank (higher tiers will gain weapon levels faster even if the rank is the same). The difference in rank levels are maybe 2-3 point difference per hit and you can level them faster with a 1700 Armsmaster specialist, and make each hit 18 times as effective.

Statisticians max at 300 for a four times experience per kill.

Thieves loving suck for newbies (unless you want to go through the Item World quickly by stack tossing them and Laharl). Just weaken a monster's hp and hope the base panel has enough backup to capture the monster with the items you want.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 7, 2009

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I picked up Dark Sector last night on impulse and 'ooo boxart' for dirt cheap. I just got the glaive and am so far enjoying myself tossing it around.

Any suggestions on this one? Or pretty much just play it as a 3rd person shooter?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So how about some tips for God Hand. Haven't seen any so far in this thread.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Dodge. Then do it some more. Experiment with moves to find a combo setup that you are happy with. You can cheese the hell out of the game by dodge-canceling if you want to.

As far as setting up combos and whatnot, I usually set high-hitting moves to triangle, guard-break to X with a low-hitting powermove to down(whichever direction)+X, fast hitting moves on square and a crowd control move to down(whichever direction)+square. I dont like using the dodge-cancel stuff so I dont worry about basing my combos around using it.

It has a serious learning curve so be patient. You will find that almost all of your deaths will be caused by your own mistakes. Overcoming harder parts is incredibly satisfying.

I dont think Ive ever felt more badass than during a God Hand session. Beating the gently caress out of a group of midgets dressed like Power Rangers feels amazing. Especially once youve gotten really good and just breeze through them.

Gray Stormy fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 7, 2009

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

90% of the enemies' moves can be dodged by ducking (up on the right analog stick). Those that can't are usually telegraphed pretty clearly.

You have extra moves that are only mentioned in the manual. Learn them cos they're loving great for crowd control. After a while chaining low roundhouse kick, heel drop and mid-air roundhouse kick together will become second nature.

When a pummel prompt turns up, mash all the face buttons and not just circle.

The boss at the end of the first stage has a treasure chest behind his throne. In it is the Yes Man Kablam, a great move for farming tension on stunned enemies. Use the duck-dodge to cancel out of the long winddown time.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Left Jab, Straight, Guard Breaker, and High Side Kick are some of the best moves in the game despite the fact that you start with them.

About the sushi (square combo extenders) - you can take off moves from the fifth and sixth slots at any time so there's no downside to buying them. A 4-move combo is more efficient but you should always have a 6-move combo just cause it's more fun that way. The first sushi gives you Low Kick 1 (it sucks) but buying the second sushi will give you Left Roundhouse which rocks in stage 1.

Determining which dodge will avoid which enemy attack is often trial-and-error so just experiment with it.

Hand Plant Kick (bought in stage 4) evades high attacks even though the game doesn't say so, making it incredibly cheesy.

Don't worry about dying because it doesn't really carry any consequences with it. You'll be rewarded with less money at the end of the stage but there are other ways to make up for it and you're not required to buy everything anyway. If you die with no roulette orbs you'll actually come back with one so there's a benefit.

Barrel Roll Kick, Forearm Smash, and Palm Smash always launch enemies no matter what. The first of those isn't that great but the other two are gold.

As mentioned already, you have innate moves that own. Remember that Reverse Sweep is worse than your innate duck+triangle sweep, so don't bother equipping it.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Secret Ooze posted:

I picked up Dark Sector last night on impulse and 'ooo boxart' for dirt cheap. I just got the glaive and am so far enjoying myself tossing it around.

Any suggestions on this one? Or pretty much just play it as a 3rd person shooter?

Take it back. I don't want to sound like I'm threadshitting, but this is an awful game that manages to make decapitating people with a spinning glaive that grows out of your arm really freakin' boring. If you're having fun then keep going with it, but I'd save the receipt. And yes, it's pretty much a third person shooter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

2) Immortals gain abilities by either skill linking with a non-Immortal character or by equipping items. After every battle you gain skill points, so while you're not going to grind for level you might want to take some time to gain skills. Non-Immortal characters gain skills from equipping items, but only as long as they have that item equipped. Important note: you can switch equipment in battle if necessary.

3) Most enemies in the game are one of four element types; earth, fire, wind, water. Earth is strong against water. Wind is strong against earth. Fire is strong against wind. Water is strong against fire.

Other then that, install the game to your hard drive as it cuts loading down a lot.

Non-immortals gain new skills by leveling up as well.

A good reminder for combat is that you are allowed to change your equipment at any time during your turn with no penalty and you're pretty much expected to do so to win fights.

Also for the first couple of areas make sure you explore everywhere before going to the boss because the game will make sure you have the right skills and equipment to fight them so you'll find the stuff you need somewhere in the area. For example, the second boss in the game can cast a spell that causes Paralyze. In the area right before the boss you can find an item that allows you to get the Anti-Paralyze skill which makes you immune to it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I read through the thread and got a few, but does anyone else have tips for Metal Gear Solid 4? I've played the other games so I am familiar with the story, although it was ages ago so I'm sure I forget tons of the details.

I just rented the game, so I want to play through it once then return it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Fuzz posted:

When you dizzy enemies and they are alone, watch how much time they take to recover and try out a long enough combo before using a prompt.

Enemies can have attacks that make it look like it will hit you, such as Belze, but can be avoided. Experiment with ducking and dodging attacks that could hit you. I think all head chop attacks will hit you if you duck.

Buying health items will restore your health to full.

The stomp prompt is worthless and will make you vulnerable to being hit.

Learn how to dodge-cancel most moves to get more hits in and shorten recovery time. Some moves will never be hastened.

How the hell do you remove moves from the sushi slots and get extra moves?

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007
Put the cursor over the fifth or sixth slot and the message "[] -> Release" or something like that will appear. Low Kick and Left Roundhouse are the special bonuses the descriptions for the sushi are talking about.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Secret Ooze posted:

I didnt hate Dark Sector to be honest, although a lot of people did. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt wonderful, but it was alright, providing you got it really cheap. My main problem with it was that there was really only 3 different enemy models, they just recoloured them to pretend there was more variety. I took a break three quarters of the way through because I got sick of it, then went back and finished it off a month later.

My advice: Save your money until you get the "save $X" achievement, then spend it on the best assault rifle and pistol you can. Then upgrade them both. What upgrades are up to you as long as you include the Enefron Shells upgrade. This makes your shells emit a gas that is poisonous to the mutant baddies (and also to you, so dont run through the gas, but its pretty shortlived) and makes it do a load more damage to them.

Most of the puzzles are pretty obvious; If you are given a source of fire you are supposed to set the glaive on fire and then use it on something. Ditto electricity and so on. If you are given an ability then the next boss or puzzle will use that ability (And then in 75% of cases you will never use that ability again).

Apart from that, and the fact the invisible boss is a pain in the arse so check a FAQ if you get stuck on him, just play it like a 3rd person shooter with a steerable weapon.

Oh, and also I didnt read the manual when I played it, so it took me a while to work out why you keep dropping the weapons; All the weapons the baddies drop have a chip on them which makes them self destruct after a certain amount of time, the weapons you buy dont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I've started Condemned: Criminal Origins twice now, but it's so boring. Your guy walks at 0.5 mph and when you've seen one lead pipe fight you've seen them all. Does it get any better, or is the entire game comprised of walking around really slowly and occasionally beating the poo poo out of punks?

From last page, I love Condemned, but it took me starting it multiple times over the last 2 years and wondering what the gently caress the big deal was. Finally, it just clicked. You dont go into it for the actual fighting. It's a survival horror kinda thing where you are there for the atmosphere. Once you get the taser, combat is retardedly easy. My best suggestion is to try to a few levels and you might find yourself just hypnotized by it. (gently caress that last level, though)