Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whillenn
Jun 18, 2008
Sorry, but as entertaining as this thread is, Okami needs a sequel. I love that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

am kinda glad that there's some people who still some Shenmue, one last game wouldn't hurt.
yeah it had an actual plot with a feasible end.

And think about the amazing detail on the UFO toys Ryo could get at the arcades!

PS: Sannin Musume.

Dash Magnum
Jul 25, 2007

That's no moon...
It's a Face Station!
Ayame has done nothing but blue-ball us this entire story. Let's see how she likes being on the receiving end of it for a change.

Go with the theater girls. :colbert:

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
- message deleted -

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

lishan1988 posted:

Was thinking about how there may be an update today and then i saw something which I would forever want to unsee -->
:gonk:

I swear she exists to destroy all our minds

What the...?
Who would create such a thing!
*Sees URL*
Oh.

Tacobowl
Mar 16, 2009
I would definitely like to see both paths, but my vote has to go with Ayame.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
It's not quite time yet, but I think I'm going to call the vote in favor of the Theater Girls- they've got twice the number of votes that Ayame got, after all (unless Ayame manages to get twelve or more votes within the next ten or so minutes...).

Also, stop linking to pictures from NSFW image boards and hiding them behind emoticons (AND pointing at it with a giant arrow, just in case someone might miss the joke). It's making me seriously consider the suggestion that I close the thread between updates. And sure, it'd be a dick move, but it'd ALSO be a surefire way of getting this sort of stuff to not happen.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
oh, boss, no more nsfw crap

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

lishan1988 posted:

oh, boss, no more nsfw crap

You didn't need it edit it out. Hellion already quoted you, so it's preserved for all of time.

Still, yeah, closing the thread might be worth while. The only worry is that the not-too-terrible images are what we use to summon Spirit Armor when we go too long without updates and a closed thread would present the rituals.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Oooor we could admit that after all these months he's pretty much going to come back to it even if he does spend a little time away now and then.

Never much cared for the "summoning ritual". Not trying to be a killjoy, but I never thought it was that funny. Even if it is Safe for Work, we probably don't need to do this silly gimmick.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

You didn't need it edit it out. Hellion already quoted you, so it's preserved for all of time.

Still, yeah, closing the thread might be worth while. The only worry is that the not-too-terrible images are what we use to summon Spirit Armor when we go too long without updates and a closed thread would present the rituals.

Well, I thought it was pretty amusing...provided we kept the :psyduck: to when Spirit Armor is actually missing for several weeks. Otherwise it sorta gets in the way of the regular updates.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

veekie posted:

Well, I thought it was pretty amusing...provided we kept the :psyduck: to when Spirit Armor is actually missing for several weeks. Otherwise it sorta gets in the way of the regular updates.

I agree, fully. It can be kind of amusing the way it works out, but only when it's been a while. I have no issues with relatively normal art and the like, but the "Hidden Link Mind Rape" thing has reached that point where it could very easily just fall apart totally and become painful in non-entertaining ways.

In fact, I think just that we have to discuss this suggests it's already there. Or we're bored. Maybe both.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I agree, fully. It can be kind of amusing the way it works out, but only when it's been a while. I have no issues with relatively normal art and the like, but the "Hidden Link Mind Rape" thing has reached that point where it could very easily just fall apart totally and become painful in non-entertaining ways.

In fact, I think just that we have to discuss this suggests it's already there. Or we're bored. Maybe both.

Says something about us goons that we click on the hidden links every single time though. And then there'd be someone saying it's too tame. And someone who right-click-saves.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

veekie posted:

Says something about us goons that we click on the hidden links every single time though. And then there'd be someone saying it's too tame. And someone who right-click-saves.

I think, as goons, we all feel we've already seen enough horrible things to be used to it. So the links are clicked in hopes of getting to do the "Oh that's nothing!" reaction and feel all big, while knowing that if it does end up being honestly horrifying they can justifiably fall back on the "OH GOD WHY!?" response as well.

The people who save, though, are not really people in any true sense of the word.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
Luckily the link is 4chan and they purge fairly quickly so in a few days people reading through the archives are not going to know what the gently caress. :shobon:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I don't post here much but I think there is a link on the Internet now that might interest people reading this thread.

It may not be this game. But it's happening.

PKJC
May 7, 2009
That would be Sakura Taisen 5. My only guess as to why they would bring that over here as opposed to, say, the PS2 remake of 1 is that they picked up the license to port it on the cheap. I do not know whether to be happy this series is finally getting attention from a US company, or terribly disappointed in their choice of which game to bring over here.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Okay, so they're releasing Sakura Wars V in English.

The one that focuses on hilariously horrible Hollywood versions of America in general and New York in particular.

Wait. WHAT!? They-- that-- I-I don't even

So, anyway, I recorded the next part of the game. Parsing it might be a little longer than I anticipated (since I forgot that the Theater Girls route itself has YET ANOTHER PATH SPLIT), but it's comin'.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

Spirit Armor posted:

Okay, so they're releasing Sakura Wars V in English.

Wait. WHAT!? They-- that-- I-I don't even

For those of you unfamiliar with the fifth game, it's kind of like this:

Click here for the full 960x720 image.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Schadenfraulein posted:

For those of you unfamiliar with the fifth game, it's kind of like this:

Click here for the full 960x720 image.

OH GOD WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I had no idea there was a Wii version. I suppose it's not too hard to convert PS2->Wii though.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

Slaan posted:

OH GOD WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?

Because you can do anything...IN AMERICA!

Click here for the full 640x448 image.
:patriot:

Are these supposed to be black people? ...really?

Click here for the full 768x432 image.

America, as envisioned by a little Mexican girl with a ravenous appetite, as envisioned by a team of Japanese game designers.

LOLOW

Gee, American girls sure have strange hobbies.

That it is.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
... I dunno. Can it really beat a surfer cowboy football player boxing Gundam for being American?

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

Now I have to get a Wii. :|

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

TheGreenAvenger posted:

Now I have to get a Wii. :|

It's coming out on the PS2 as well. Normally I'd complain about the Wii getting a lazy port, but I'm too excited about one coming to the US to care. :dance:

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

:D YES. I will buy that so hard then.

TheGreenAvenger fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 8, 2009

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Oh sweet mother of god I've made it.

I don't even remember how or why I found myself reading the OP, but it's nine days later, I'm paralysed down one side, I have a beard and a squint but I did it. I read the thread.

Just need to decide if I vote 5 for the sheer awesome or 1 for the sheer WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT of choosing someone who isn't Kanna.

Edit: I'm bored now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Warcabbit posted:

... I dunno. Can it really beat a surfer cowboy football player boxing Gundam for being American?

It certainly can't beat a showboating President in a giant robot that shoots homing footballs and cryogenic rocket sharks.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Wow, I think I may have finally found a (non-hentai) game with innuendo worse than Ar Tonelico 2.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, I just read every page of this thread from 1 to 89, then had to stop out of anguish for what happened to Sumire. :gonk: GUYS, MARIA IS UNINTERESTING AND KANNA IS A DUDE. Kohran is pretty cool, but SUMIRE IS BETTER SERIOUSLY GAWD.

...although I did really like that "How do you solve a problem like Maria" song somebody posted a while back.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

loquacius posted:

Man, I just read every page of this thread from 1 to 89, then had to stop out of anguish for what happened to Sumire. :gonk: GUYS, MARIA IS UNINTERESTING AND KANNA IS A DUDE. Kohran is pretty cool, but SUMIRE IS BETTER SERIOUSLY GAWD.

...although I did really like that "How do you solve a problem like Maria" song somebody posted a while back.

You watch your mouth about Kanna :colbert:.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Classtoise posted:

You watch your mouth about Kanna :colbert:.

This. We don't take kindly to people who don't take kindly to Kanna-kind around these parts.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Kanna is a guy. Kanna is a guy. Kanna is a guy!

Kohran is hot. Kohran is sexy. Kohran is nerdy.

Kohran has a death ray

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Slaan posted:

Kohran has a death ray

So does Kanna.

HER FIST!

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006

Slaan posted:

Kanna is a guy. Kanna is a guy. Kanna is a guy!

What part of this is a guy?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Kanna part.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I've heard a bit about Sakura Wars 5. Knowing the usual anime take on Americans and judging how crazy this game has been, how surreal of a ride are we looking at here?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

That would be me. :colbert:

...:colbert:

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
So has any date have been announced for 5 and how many of us are going to order this online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

So does Kanna.

HER FIST!

Don't forget her feet!

• Locked thread