Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

As if the 30 minutes of the surviving crew wasn't :smith: enough, they seem to be making the captains call Phil in his hotel room for extra :smith:.

:smith:

edit: and by the end so much :smith: I feel horrible.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 29, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Well THAT was depressing as hell.

"You should be on Deadliest Catch or something."

:smith:

crikey IRL
Aug 15, 2004

"Better shoot some footage so they have something to show out our funeral."

:(

I wish they would have explained what happened to the other life boat (the one they found floating upside down). They probably don't know since no one survived it, but, the other guys mentioned that their lifeboat flipped over almost 50 times during the night.

In last weeks episode, the helicopter just sort of saw that the lifeboat was upside down, I might have missed it, but i hope they confirmed it was empty right?

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

crikey IRL posted:

In last weeks episode, the helicopter just sort of saw that the lifeboat was upside down, I might have missed it, but i hope they confirmed it was empty right?

They did, flew right over it looking for activity inside. Soon after that is when they found the first crewman in the water.

On a side note, does anyone know if there is somewhere you can get the theme (the one used in the promo video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CFg76AVHTo ) or any more of the musical tracks used during this season? Searching iTunes I found a soundtrack released last year, which does have some good music but I am really enjoying the tracks from this season.

Protip fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 29, 2009

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

crikey IRL posted:

I wish they would have explained what happened to the other life boat (the one they found floating upside down). They probably don't know since no one survived it, but, the other guys mentioned that their lifeboat flipped over almost 50 times during the night.

It sounded like the larger liferaft was able to get their tent up in order to keep it stable (i.e. it would always right itself when flipped), while the other one probably didn't if they found it upside-down.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Billy mays is a loving rear end hole.

Also the black jack seems worthless seeing as blue tooth head sets and even wired head sets are cheap as hell now of days.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Darth Freddy posted:

Also the black jack seems worthless seeing as blue tooth head sets and even wired head sets are cheap as hell now of days.

Can you even change the frequency on it? We have a fairly powerful radio station that broadcasts on 88.7 FM here, which would make it pretty useless in this area.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

LordOfThePants posted:

Can you even change the frequency on it? We have a fairly powerful radio station that broadcasts on 88.7 FM here, which would make it pretty useless in this area.

I would hope so. Most of the devices I have seen like this were for CD/MP3 players and had around 4-8 pre set stations, usually half AM and half FM. If the blackjack or what ever its name will be doesn't have that option it is a huge over sight on the creators part.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Saw this over at Jalopnik:

http://gizmodo.com/5233163/weaponizers-remote+controlled-armored-cars-fight-each-other-to-the-death

That looks potentially awesome. Here's hoping it's more "Monster Garage" than "Smash Lab"

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Darth Freddy posted:

It's strange, he's exactly the person you'd think he is based on his commercials.

Noghri_ViR
Oct 19, 2001

Your party has died.
Please press [ENTER] to continue to the
Las Vegas Bowl

Darth Freddy posted:

Yea that's what I was thinking too. It would be better if you could hook the thing up to your phone via bluetooth.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Trophy Boner posted:

It's strange, he's exactly the person you'd think he is based on his commercials.

Hey we still chums right! :v:

You rear end hole! :supaburn:

crikey IRL
Aug 15, 2004

Darth Freddy posted:

Hey we still chums right! :v:

You rear end hole! :supaburn:

he seriously attempted to use chum in the sense of a pun atleast 8 times during this episode.

the show looked week from the start, but after seeing the frenchman and his dual saw which rocked, plus the hot girl whose shuffles invention failed i think i have seen enough of this show.

billy mays is really an rear end, but hearing him arguing about the best method to "warm up his pipes" was pretty entertaining.

i wont tune in to see it, but if i cant fall asleep it makes for some good mindless tv.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Watching Billy Mays be the world's biggest douchebag makes Pitchmen one of my favorite new TV shows. He thinks he's so clever, too.

Poise
Jul 28, 2006
Is smash lab cancelled?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Poise posted:

Is smash lab cancelled?

One can hope.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
This "Doing DaVinci" show would be so much more interesting if the old guy didn't bicker about every single little thing. They could cut out all of the drama breaks and show more actually testing the machines.

Noghri_ViR
Oct 19, 2001

Your party has died.
Please press [ENTER] to continue to the
Las Vegas Bowl

anotherone posted:

This "Doing DaVinci" show would be so much more interesting if the old guy didn't bicker about every single little thing. They could cut out all of the drama breaks and show more actually testing the machines.

I started out liking the older guy cause he was right in that first episode, but now he just comes off as an rear end that yells way too much.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Noghri_ViR posted:

I started out liking the older guy cause he was right in that first episode, but now he just comes off as an rear end that yells way too much.

Paul Teutul is the host? :v:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Old Hungarian Sailor on this new boat is awesome. They need a whole boat of guys like that.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

IRQ posted:

Old Hungarian Sailor on this new boat is awesome. They need a whole boat of guys like that.

Sad thing he is the only good thing about the new boat. I like to think of him as a viking.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Yeah, the Lisa Marie should focus entirely on the old hungarian sailor. The other guys are kinda bland and annoying, although I did like them talking smack about the Cornelia Marie and calling them pussies for docking with their big boat.

When the greenhorn went up to talk to Keith I was like "Hey it's Moi 2.0!" but I was really surprised that Keith didn't flip out on him like he did for Moi...I thought he didn't like whiney greenhorns in the wheelhouse.

Also I got to watch Deadliest Catch in HD for the first time tonight. Man Sig Hansen was NOT meant to be viewed in high def.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Women's Rights? posted:

When the greenhorn went up to talk to Keith I was like "Hey it's Moi 2.0!" but I was really surprised that Keith didn't flip out on him like he did for Moi...I thought he didn't like whiney greenhorns in the wheelhouse.

Moi went up and screamed and ranted, this guy went up and apologized after his whine. I think that's the difference, unless I missed something. Verizon was screwed up yesterday and kept playing commercials in the middle of the show.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Women's Rights? posted:

Yeah, the Lisa Marie should focus entirely on the old hungarian sailor. The other guys are kinda bland and annoying, although I did like them talking smack about the Cornelia Marie and calling them pussies for docking with their big boat.

Also I got to watch Deadliest Catch in HD for the first time tonight. Man Sig Hansen was NOT meant to be viewed in high def.

At first I did not like the green horn because he did seem rather whiny but when he maned up and apologized for what he did I got more respect for him. It also seems he is putting more effort into the job then Moi did.

Only thing I am waiting for is.

Next time on Deadliest catch, old Hungarian rappels aboard the Cornelia Marie and high jacks it and its entire cargo.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
That and he doesn't have Moi's freakish upside down mouth.

crikey IRL
Aug 15, 2004

you know the more i think about the hungarian, the more intrigued i am. was he an outcast to siberia or something? did he trek across russia and get his start fishing on one of the boats that operates nearer the western Aleutian islands (i'm sure there are all manner of boats from different nations)?

how is he so spry at 52? He looks 80, acts like he is 20.

demanding an entire boat crewed by guys like him.

i also liked how the captain said "he cant speak english, well, he can but no understands him". The hungarian guy mean while dropped like 5 coherent and awesome sentences throughout the show, more than anyone else on the boat.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
It's great that they're trying to incorporate more boats into the show but the ones they add are really boring to watch and you don't give half a poo poo about them ever.

Except the Hungarian.

crikey IRL
Aug 15, 2004

Gazaar posted:

It's great that they're trying to incorporate more boats into the show but the ones they add are really boring to watch and you don't give half a poo poo about them ever.

Except the Hungarian.

man i dont know, ive almost come to appreciate and expect the one scrub vessel each season. just shows you how on top of things you have to be to run a larger operation.

however, some ships they covered in the earlier seasons were pretty boring.

Splendiferous
May 7, 2006

wah dee dah
I missed the most recent episode of Out of the Wild: The Alaska Experiment. For some reason, Discovery never shows reruns, so for now I'm poo poo out of luck. Is there any way I can watch it?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
I think you're SOL. It doesn't look like they're showing any repeats this week and their site sucks balls at showing up to date episodes of their latest shows.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

They could give that Hungarian guy his own hour-long show and I'd watch it. I hope they realize they found gold with him. If nothing else, I think he should be the official face of Bering Sea crab fishing.

When they first showed him, my reaction was, "Whoa, that dude is ancient!". But then they said he was 52, and seeing how well he moved, I was very impressed.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Human Cow posted:

Watching Billy Mays be the world's biggest douchebag makes Pitchmen one of my favorite new TV shows. He thinks he's so clever, too.

Yeah, he really has a massive ego. It's great watching him and Sully interact.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LordOfThePants posted:

Saw this over at Jalopnik:

http://gizmodo.com/5233163/weaponizers-remote+controlled-armored-cars-fight-each-other-to-the-death

That looks potentially awesome. Here's hoping it's more "Monster Garage" than "Smash Lab"

Jesus Christ. That looks like Twisted Metal: The TV Show. A commercial for it has being airing all day today and they have a car with a working missile silo-thing on it.

Splendiferous
May 7, 2006

wah dee dah

Splendiferous posted:

I missed the most recent episode of Out of the Wild: The Alaska Experiment. For some reason, Discovery never shows reruns, so for now I'm poo poo out of luck. Is there any way I can watch it?

Nevermind. It just went up on Comcast OnDemand :)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is anybody else really disappointed in Time Warp this season? I think it worked much better in the half hour format. Now it feels like they are taking the same amount of content, but dragging it out over an hour.

I just really want to see some things in slow motion, not all the lead up to it...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Astro7x posted:

Is anybody else really disappointed in Time Warp this season? I think it worked much better in the half hour format. Now it feels like they are taking the same amount of content, but dragging it out over an hour.

I just really want to see some things in slow motion, not all the lead up to it...

Even the majority of the slo-mo stuff is boring.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
The slow mo gun stuff was pretty cool :shobon:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Honestly guns, bombs and car crashes could each give a couple of season's worth of material if they think of interesting ways to use them. I mean I never get tired of Mythbusters' high speed bomb shots.

kiss me Pikachu
Mar 9, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Jesus Christ. That looks like Twisted Metal: The TV Show. A commercial for it has being airing all day today and they have a car with a working missile silo-thing on it.

Second episode description posted:

Adding a meat transport truck and an ice cream van to the menu, the Weaponizers spice up their project vehicles with destructive ingredients such as machine guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Subra posted:

Jesus Christ it IS Twisted Metal the TV Show. It's season premier is on tonight at nine. I'm going to have to watch it/record it. This show just seems so ridiculous.

• Locked thread