Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sperg
Jul 20, 2008

Theoretically, it is possible...
My 2006 Infiniti G35 6MT and my friend's 2006 350z 6MT coming back from our other friend's cabin about 2 weeks ago.

Both cars are extremely dirty in these pictures but thankfully silver hides it quite well.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the chief posted:

How do you feel about that?
Poorly.

the chief posted:

Maybe he should get himself a gay rear end Miata instead.
You don't post much in AI, do you?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
With all the Infinitis being posted I'd be remiss not to post mine.

2009 Infiniti G37x Coupe

Wish I could've gotten the AWD version in manual but I'm pretty good with it.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."
1989 MR2 Almost done with a smallport swap.

Click here for the full 1222x917 image.

Lambster Bisque
Dec 31, 2007

by angerbotSD

the chief posted:

Maybe he should get himself a gay rear end Miata instead.

Yeah, maybe you should edit this little bit out and read the loving rules, before telling us all what EVERYBODY IN AI does.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

DropShadow posted:

Yeah! What we need are more modified wagons! Like mine!

Sharp. What suspension is on it?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

DogDodger posted:

Sharp. What suspension is on it?

Just had Bilstein shocks and H&R sport springs installed on Friday, along with 19" Rial Nogaro wheels and 235/35 tires. More info in the 2.0T thread if anyone's interested.

Lusso
Jul 1, 2003

Brain Issues posted:

Picked this up today (2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata LS).

I have a 2000 LS with the same paint and interior colors, and I love it. Other than keeping it properly maintained, I would recommend being very careful with the paint. It looks good, but sometimes I think Mazda painted the car with Easter egg dye. It doesn't take much to rub it off.

The car's a blast to drive, though, so enjoy it. :)

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I finally have a decent camera phone so I finally have pictures of my car. '07 G35x.

Thanks to spring it is now completely covered in pollen and tree sap.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001
Here's my baby TT 300ZX in good lighting, taken by my roommate at spectralphotoandart.com. Along with ny dyno, hooray!
Has some neato bits in it that aren't power-related, like a twin-plate OS Giken carbon clutch, 11lbs for the clutch and 9lbs for the flywheel. It's fun. More is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/49553834@N00/

(sup BMWAFDuckbill)

Method Loser fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 10, 2009

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

I already posted, but.. :bandwagon: This is pre suspension, and I've already whored this picture out here a couple times.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
A few questions for the Infinity G35 crowd. I never noticed the gaudiness of the wood textured interior of my car, perhaps it looks worst in the picture than in real life, nobody else has mentioned it. Or perhaps upgrading from a 2002 KIA Optima (low end model) to this car, I was blinded by my own excitement :awesome: How expensive is switching to a different interior?

Also, it did not come with a DVD for my nav system. Is there anything I should keep in mind while searching for the DVD? I was looking on Ebay and saw one for sale but said G35 2006 and 2007 models only. Would that not work on a 2005? I know nothing about these things, I bought it a Chevy dealer and the salesmen didn't know anything about the system as well.

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

Method Loser posted:

your Z32 is wayyyy too good looking

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

Mad Monk posted:

A few questions for the Infinity G35 crowd. I never noticed the gaudiness of the wood textured interior of my car, perhaps it looks worst in the picture than in real life, nobody else has mentioned it. Or perhaps upgrading from a 2002 KIA Optima (low end model) to this car, I was blinded by my own excitement :awesome: How expensive is switching to a different interior?

Also, it did not come with a DVD for my nav system. Is there anything I should keep in mind while searching for the DVD? I was looking on Ebay and saw one for sale but said G35 2006 and 2007 models only. Would that not work on a 2005? I know nothing about these things, I bought it a Chevy dealer and the salesmen didn't know anything about the system as well.

Is that "wood trim" an overlay? I know a lot of people put tacky overlay interior stickers on their car (fake Carbon Fiber, Wood, Brushed Aluminum, etc) You can just slowly try peeling those off. Unless that IS real factory wood trim then it might get pricey to switch interiors :(

Sperg
Jul 20, 2008

Theoretically, it is possible...

Mad Monk posted:

I'm fairly sure that wood grain is aftermarket, as far as I know all G35 coupes came with the silver trim. The interior is different between 2003/2004 and 2005-2007 but they were all silver trim for the coupes.
I believe the 02-04 sedan might have had the wood trim option as I've seen a few with that, but never a coupe.

As for the navigation DVD, I'm not sure if you can use the newest version (which was updated in 2006) on the 2005 unit but I don't see a reason why not. I believe it uses the exact same navigation unit. You should be able to go to an Infiniti/Nissan dealership and request a new disc. The dealership may charge you, however, so it might be better to go to ebay or something similar as you mentioned.

benzero
May 25, 2005

Brains for dinner, brains for lunch, brains for breakfast, brains for brunch.
I think this is the 3rd car that I have in this thread.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Seems like your first?: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&userid=79209

H.A.W.G.
Mar 6, 2007
2006 MINI Cooper. Astro Black/ White

DDMworks intake, Cooper S rear sway bar, rear seat delete, rear wiper delete and black front grill

Needs coilovers and wheels desperately

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The wood finish on my interior is an overlay. It's funny because I probably would of never had noticed it, it actually looks ok in dimmer light (it does look worst in the photo than real life) but now that I've noticed it's an overlay, I can't help but NOT notice it and feel like a cheeseball. Who the hell would do that to such a nice car?

I'll be peeling it off this weekend, have to go get some gumout first as I imagine there'll be quite a bit of adhesive to clean off. I've looked at photos of the interior of other G35's and the silver looks much better. Thank you guys for pointing that out to me.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

EL Bombastico posted:

your Z32 is wayyyy too good looking

Why thank you, I think so as well!

Kardiak
Aug 25, 2006

milk
This thread needs more Lexus

2000 GS400
https://wi.somethingawful.com/c2/c2f181633f0a04b21a1702edc414aac32f52c75c.jpg

KN cold air intake
Rod Millen Exhaust
and a lovely camera phone

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Kardiak posted:

2000 GS400

KN cold air intake
Rod Millen Exhaust

Cool blacked out lights dawwwg. :whatup:

djhaloeight
Jan 23, 2007

techno mafia.
2002 Chrysler 300M Special

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Kardiak posted:

2000 GS400

KN cold air intake
Rod Millen Exhaust

ahem. Swap in a 2JZ-GTE...

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

EvilCrayon posted:

ahem. Swap in a 2JZ-GTE...

Pffff Nah! Just bolt up a procharger to that 1UZ.

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

djhaloeight posted:

2002 Chrysler 300M Special

That's special alright.

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?
My two toys.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

sybir posted:

My two toys.

Do the roof racks add more downforce? :v:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

sybir posted:

Love the wheels, is it actually a STi?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

sybir posted:

My two toys.

Sick JDM euro tuning, breh.

Sorry, just can't help myself when I see "Yakima".

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
I have been gone from AI for a while but I have a new vehicle so....

95 LT1 MN6

05 883->1200 Sportster

08 GX470 (Wife's)

09 Wrangler 'X' (I know, I know... the home-made nets are getting dyed black.)

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Nice plate on that Legacy. :xd:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Is that an STI built to Group N spec? I have no idea what those are, but I noticed the skid plate and figured it wasn't just for driving around.

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?
I've been running Yakima stuff for 15+ years - I use it to carry stuff, the way racks were intended. That does not include the euro "old ice chest, tricycle, and 76 ball" that come standard on every hoodride Mk1 rabbit, which annoys the crap out of me, too. Wouldn't Thule be the "euro-spec brah" way to go, instead of a US company? The fairings add a bit of drag, but keep everything quiet-ish and are better than the bare bars.

The white car is an '05 STi. It's not fully built to tarmac rally spec or anything like that (mainly just suspension and a little tuning), but the STi is a Group N car by virtue of its existence with the exception of normal race prep (cage, electronics, suspension, etc) - that's the whole reason the car exists in the first place. The wheels....well, the wheels were basically a joke I couldn't pass up that I ended up liking on the car, I've got a set of Emotions and a set of Sparcos as well.

I generally drive both cars like I hate them, year-round (which is what you're supposed to do with Subarus) so mudflaps and underbody protection just make sense. The front skidplate on the STi just protects the bumper from road crap, snow, etc. The wagon's front bumper went past "destroyed" long ago.

And, I love that Z32. Very nicely done.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

sybir posted:

My two toys.

I've been planning on getting a project Legacy sometime in the near future for rally cross, snow driving (I baby my sti), and hardware store/dump runs. Anyway, I have pictures of your legacy (from NASIOC?) with the orange wheels saved on my computer because of how awesome it looked with them :)

If you ever decide to sell them, let me know. Or alternately, what wheels are they?

SG-83
Sep 6, 2004

I guess it's not just a dog thing!

Ziploc posted:

Nice plate on that Legacy. :xd:
Heh, every Legacy I've ever seen around here (PNW) has had a front plate like that, including mine.

sybir
Sep 10, 2004
Uhhh, what?
Wheels are ALT 362's, they're the winter beaters ( I have 6 sets of wheels across both cars, it's a sickness). 18x8, ET45, and 5x100/5x114 (which is why I picked them up - I couldn't miss having wheels that goofy that would fit both cars). The wheels are cheap and come in a few colors - gold, black with a red lip, silver, and the horribly awesome sunset orange.

These guys are clearing them out right now, no affiliation, but they're local. I've had worse, more expensive wheels, heh. http://www.drivenauthority.com

They're lighter than my Works, but that's because Works are tank wheels. They're around 21-22 lbs IIRC.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, lol @ JDM Yellow http://drivenauthority.com/shop/AT362_17yel.html

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Now with Gransport upgrades

edit: Hi Flying_Dane

Xeno fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
^^ preeeeeety. That blue looks good on it.

DILLIGAF posted:

95 LT1 MN6

05 883->1200 Sportster

I don't think I've ever been more confused by a car than with your Corvette. The first time I looked at that picture, it was pretty much the embodiment of :haawaaaafap:

That bike, on the other hand, is not so confusing to me. That's just straight out :black101: Any videos of it running?

sybir posted:

unnnnngh

That Legacy is just pure loving sex. I'd imagine you've put that hood scoop to actual good use, rather than just adornment? Also, seconding the :laugh: at the license plate.