Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchb0x
Nov 13, 2005
Jesus hates you
I have been thinking about taking if off. I just ordered some parts since it just rolled past 15k and needs some work done. Going to see how i like it since it has to come off anyways to work on the forks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005
Currently for sale 2007 GS500F

And my new 1998 Honda Magna!

NEon Lights
Sep 5, 2006
Agent Jordan

Psy890 posted:

Currently for sale 2007 GS500F

And my new 1998 Honda Magna!

prices for both?

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005

NEon Lights posted:

prices for both?

Here's the craigslist ad for the GS500F:
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/1150887381.html

And the Magna isn't for sale, I just bought it for $3200.

in_absentia
Feb 6, 2008

LYNCHINGS ARE WHAT GIVE THE SOUTH ITS CHARM!
:3:
(not a bigot)
Here she is:

2006 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe
40hp of FURY!

NEon Lights
Sep 5, 2006
Agent Jordan

in_absentia posted:

Here she is:

40hp of FURY!

Wow that looks nice

SGT. Squeaks
Jun 18, 2003

Two men enter, one man leaves. That is the way of the hobotorium!

in_absentia posted:

Here she is:

40hp of FURY!

I so badly want one of these. As soon as I find one local it's mine! MINE!! :byodood:

Awesome looking bike

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Streetfighter conversion done.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Streetfighter conversion done.

Looks awesome. The only thing I don't like is the little screen over the lights. Seeing that makes me want to start building one so bad.

Any idea on what the parts cost to make the conversion?

Also, take more pictures!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

cmorrow001 posted:

Looks awesome. The only thing I don't like is the little screen over the lights. Seeing that makes me want to start building one so bad.

Any idea on what the parts cost to make the conversion?

Also, take more pictures!

The lights are just fairly ubiquitous Dominator lights, which can be found fairly cheaply. The most expensive part is the top-triple clamp and risers. They can cost $600AUD for an aftermarktet one (ABM being the most popular.) My conversion cost a bit cause my mechanic's skills are qui8te basic unfortunately. But if your capable of changing the clamp, wiring lights, making brackets etc etc it could be done quite cheaply.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Is it possible to get the triple clamp and risers on with the original light on it?

I absolutely love this look. After the original post i even looked up gix prices.

NEon Lights
Sep 5, 2006
Agent Jordan

Dubs posted:

Is it possible to get the triple clamp and risers on with the original light on it?

I absolutely love this look. After the original post i even looked up gix prices.

I dont understand what is different

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

NEon Lights posted:

I dont understand what is different

I'm pretty sure that's the before picture, after are up above.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Pictures of a trail ride today:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

And the bikes stored at home:

1982 Honda Urban Express, 1975 Suzuki TS185, 93 Honda XR200R, and 06 Buell Lightning XB12SS

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dubs posted:

Yes, but it's a bit harder. You'd have to get an ABM comfort kit, which is designed to fit with the stock fairing in place. The comfort kits have brackets to lift up the fairing edges a little and relocates the brake fluid res so it and the bars don't hit the fairing.

LINK! http://www.ab-m.de/en/products/superbike-conversion/superbike-kits

2ndclasscitizen fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 10, 2009

koollook124
Jan 15, 2008

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Who said purple can't be manly?

NEon Lights
Sep 5, 2006
Agent Jordan

koollook124 posted:

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Who said purple can't be manly?

only if you bought it used.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
I'd say it's a safe bet that he bought it used - I don't imagine Suzuki sold those much past 2003.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

My bike is currently trapped in the garage by furniture and a refrigerator.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

bung posted:

Ugh, that is a sad picture to me for some reason. You should just throw that crap in the way out. "Nah man it's a perfectly good dresser, belonged to my grandma" is no excuse!

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005

bung posted:

Pick up the back end and slide it out to the side.

NEon Lights
Sep 5, 2006
Agent Jordan

Simkin posted:

I'd say it's a safe bet that he bought it used - I don't imagine Suzuki sold those much past 2003.

unless he bought it in 2003?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

$300 dollars of honda

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Nice. '74 CL125?

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
Sunday was my birthday and I got this:

a 1971 BMW R75/5 - an offer I couldn't refuse. It's a beautiful bike but I'm gonna have to get used to the power and the weight of it compared to all my old scooters and the little Honda. The engine is more than twice the size of anything else I've got.

Here's both together:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

cheesebot posted:

Toaster :swoon:

That's a pretty spotless looking BMW. Nice find.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

cheesebot posted:

Sunday was my birthday and I got this:

Make mine sourdough!

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Everyday ride

Special time sexy fun.

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
I bought my first bike 6 days ago: 2007 GS500F, all stock. It's been a blast riding this week.

And here it is keeping my mom's Harley company in the garage:

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

cheesebot posted:

Here's both together:

Please tell me more about the bike in the front, it is...mesmerizing.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Honda Dream.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Yeah, Honda Dream, like he said. Specifically, it's a 1965 Honda CA77 Dream 305. Coming from scooters the Dream has always been my childhood concept of what a motorcycle is so I eventually found a decent one to fix up. With a little bit of work I have gotten this guy to be reliable enough to commute on but I suspect it has less acceleration and top speed as my Vespa P200E but until I get a speedometer cable I can only measure by the seat of my pants.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Here's the new addition to the stable, a 1986 Honda XL250R. 14k miles, bought for $800.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
'94 GS500E. The only picture in existence since I don't own a digital camera.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Picked up my first bike tonight. Feels like I can outrun F1 cars when I'm at 9k rpm in second gear :)

Wish I had a garage. I guess I need to buy one of those foldable bike shells or build something to protect it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

kylej posted:

Picked up my first bike tonight. Feels like I can outrun F1 cars when I'm at 9k rpm in second gear :)

Looks pretty clean, '06?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

blugu64 posted:

Looks pretty clean, '06?

Yeah '06 with 1200 miles on it. The guy bought it new for his wife and she never rode. It still has the little break-in warning sticker on the tachometer.

The black plastics are a bit bleached from the sun and it could use a thorough bath but those are just minor cosmetic things. I'm completely in love with it and now I have to wait until Tuesday to get her registered and put my plates on.

kylej fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 23, 2009

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Needs more miles, you know what to do ;)

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
I just saw my old Ninja 250 last night, I was in the town that I sold it in and drove through the neighborhood of the current owners and there she was! After a year and a half though it had no license plates :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

I just saw my old Ninja 250 last night, I was in the town that I sold it in and drove through the neighborhood of the current owners and there she was! After a year and a half though it had no license plates :(

Do you think he tracks it?