Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

This made me do a lot of hard thinking. The guy clearly got what he deserved, but it really calls into question a lot of humanity's sometimes irrational natural instinct to protect one's kids. Sigh. That family is hosed in every way possible (and the biker is dead.)

It also made me think twice about chasing someone down that dangerously cuts me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
Any tips for separating the fork tube from the fork slider on a Showa front fork? It's off my '04 Honda 599 and I've taken everything off the fork according to the factory service manual. I've done front forks before but the interference fit between the bushings and the fork slider is incredibly tight.

Interweb research tells me using a heat on the top of the fork slider can make it expand and break up any corrosion that may be in there. I plan on trying this tonight.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
I usually use the fork leg as a slide hammer.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

Nerobro posted:

I usually use the fork leg as a slide hammer.

That's how it usually works, yeah. I have the fork slider in my vise bolted to my workbench and I'm yanking on the fork leg as hard as I can, but all that does is start pulling screws apart on the workbench. It's in there loving good.

My previous fork disassemblies have come apart just grabbing the tube in one hand and slider in the other, this fucker is incredibly tight.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
Stuck tubes in sliders seems to be a common issue with heat as the solution.

I'll break out my propane torch when I get home and see what happens.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Too bad the rear end in a top hat cyclist thread in AI is closed, I had an experience with three of them coming home from work. These weren't representative of the majority of cyclists, they were just dumb poo poo teens cruising around in the park, generally getting in the way of everyone.

I had passed them about a quarter mile from the exit of the park on my EX250, and then had to stop at the light at the exit. Right turns get an arrow when the cross traffic gets a late turn arrow. The light turned green, and as I let off the brake and clutch, the three of these fuckers suddenly appeared out of nowhere on both sides of me and the car behind me. Just, you know, cruising down the street. I gave the one on my left a :psyduck: look, verified that all of them had finally stopped, and took off. The car behind me honked as it passed them as well. loving neanderthals. It always worries me when someone has zero sense of self-preservation.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

sirbeefalot posted:

Too bad the rear end in a top hat cyclist thread in AI is closed, I had an experience with three of them coming home from work. These weren't representative of the majority of cyclists, they were just dumb poo poo teens cruising around in the park, generally getting in the way of everyone.

I had passed them about a quarter mile from the exit of the park on my EX250, and then had to stop at the light at the exit. Right turns get an arrow when the cross traffic gets a late turn arrow. The light turned green, and as I let off the brake and clutch, the three of these fuckers suddenly appeared out of nowhere on both sides of me and the car behind me. Just, you know, cruising down the street. I gave the one on my left a :psyduck: look, verified that all of them had finally stopped, and took off. The car behind me honked as it passed them as well. loving neanderthals. It always worries me when someone has zero sense of self-preservation.

The whole cyclists rights thing to me is comparable to pedestrians right of way. According to the law a pedestrian always has the right of way. That doesn't mean if you step out in front of a car doing 45 your going to magically be ok. Yes your a pedestrian you have the right, that does mean you should use it.

There's "allowed" and then there's dead. Doesn't matter if you were right if your tits up.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
Fork tubes separated, the old fork oil seal was jammed in there so hard it wasn't letting the bushing come out. Carefully pried that out and rocked the slider and tube apart.

Woohoo!

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

The whole cyclists rights thing to me is comparable to pedestrians right of way. According to the law a pedestrian always has the right of way. That doesn't mean if you step out in front of a car doing 45 your going to magically be ok. Yes your a pedestrian you have the right, that does mean you should use it.

There's "allowed" and then there's dead. Doesn't matter if you were right if your tits up.

I've found the typical urban/commuter cyclist to be a fairly benign creature. Stuck up, sure, but usually bright enough to avoid too much trouble. It's the sport guys that get me.

About a year ago I was with a group doing the twisties on Angeles Crest in LA. On our way back we came into a pack of about a dozen day-glow yellow tight-rear end pants wearing cyclists. We went to the right side of the lane and slowed expecting them to go to the left and let us pass. Instead the whole drat pack spreads out to block us. As they were going down a steep hill and had some momentum, they were even able to maintain enough speed to do it - maybe 40mph. When we finally got a chance to pass, one of the assclowns took a swerve at me.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

This is a fallacy. Nobody "has the right of way", not even ambulances. The other vehicles have to yield the right of way.

Just a little pedantry, sure, but it makes you think about things like getting in the way of things with 100 times your weight. "But I had the right of way" wouldn't make a very good epithet.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Just picked up my new-to-me 2001 Triumph Bonneville today. Man, I have learned a lot of things today:

- The Bonneville apparently has ON-OFF-LIGHTS settings, so when I thought I turned it off the head and tail lights were glowing dimly all day.

- Connected to the above, I recalled that it's way easier to push-start in 2d than in 1st. I figured this out after becoming coated in sweat and pushing a 400lb bike up a moderate hill multiple times.

- I learned that Bonnevilles like to have some choke on starting, even if the weather is temperate. Knowing this, I should've thought to apply the choke before pushing the Bonnie down a steep hill, getting to the bottom, and realising that "almost started" would probably have been "actually started" if I'd used the choke.

- Since I was at the bottom of a very steep hill, with the only other way to go being a major highway, I learned how to take the seat off to access the battery, and how to jump a bike using a car. Thankfully, since I read up, I didn't have to learn any hard lessons about don't actually start the car, just let the juice flow from the turned-off car.

Yeah, several hours of frustration this evening, but once I got it going again and cruised from Arlington up and down the National Mall in DC past all the monuments lit up at midnight, I was feeling pretty good.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Just picked up my new-to-me 2001 Triumph Bonneville today. Man, I have learned a lot of things today:

- The Bonneville apparently has ON-OFF-LIGHTS settings, so when I thought I turned it off the head and tail lights were glowing dimly all day.

- Connected to the above, I recalled that it's way easier to push-start in 2d than in 1st. I figured this out after becoming coated in sweat and pushing a 400lb bike up a moderate hill multiple times.

- I learned that Bonnevilles like to have some choke on starting, even if the weather is temperate. Knowing this, I should've thought to apply the choke before pushing the Bonnie down a steep hill, getting to the bottom, and realising that "almost started" would probably have been "actually started" if I'd used the choke.

- Since I was at the bottom of a very steep hill, with the only other way to go being a major highway, I learned how to take the seat off to access the battery, and how to jump a bike using a car. Thankfully, since I read up, I didn't have to learn any hard lessons about don't actually start the car, just let the juice flow from the turned-off car.

Yeah, several hours of frustration this evening, but once I got it going again and cruised from Arlington up and down the National Mall in DC past all the monuments lit up at midnight, I was feeling pretty good.

Requesting photos for the pics thread.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

<---- Cyclist.

When I'm on the road, I behave like a car. Or bike.. as the case may be. And i'm not an rear end about it. I'ts just plain not safe to ride on sidewalks. :-/

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

We have cycle lanes with barriers instead of sidewalks here on the many suburban roads. The kids use it, but the Lance Armstrong wannabes never do. Never saw a cycle lane across Col de Turini I guess. But sometimes they're really dicks about it and insist on riding abreast and never letting vehicles past, even if they honk.

No problem on a bike, but I don't get risking your exposed flesh for stupid ego reasons.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Nerobro posted:

<---- Cyclist.

When I'm on the road, I behave like a car. Or bike.. as the case may be. And i'm not an rear end about it. I'ts just plain not safe to ride on sidewalks. :-/

I don't cycle that often any more, but I almost exclusively ride on sidewalks. It's not like anyone walks anywhere in my neighborhood, and if they are, I take the grass.

I really need to get a helmet and riding more often. :effort:

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Uthor posted:

I don't cycle that often any more, but I almost exclusively ride on sidewalks.

Crossing intersections from sidewalk to sidewalk at 15-20mph... that's just plain not safe. Most sidewalks don't have enough of a sightline to maintain any kind of speed.

Even cycle paths have problems.. they usually don't have the sightlines either. and cars stop crossing the intersection. It's all a recipie for pain. :-/ Riding in the street is a reason to bust my rear end as well.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Nerobro posted:

Crossing intersections from sidewalk to sidewalk at 15-20mph... that's just plain not safe. Most sidewalks don't have enough of a sightline to maintain any kind of speed.

Even cycle paths have problems.. they usually don't have the sightlines either. and cars stop crossing the intersection. It's all a recipie for pain. :-/ Riding in the street is a reason to bust my rear end as well.

Not to mention it's illegal to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk in some states. Although when I was 13-16, I rode my bike EVERYWHERE on sidewalks, and nobody ever gave me any trouble (never wore a helmet either, and the worst I got from the police was a "you should," which is funny since it's actually required by law in MA).

In related stupid motorcycle news, I took my bike out for a ride yesterday. I went through a few off-the-path towns, and as I was going through Norfolk, drivers started flashing me. Assuming "cops," I checked my speed, noticed I was going the limit, and just sort of passed the speed trap no problem. Cars kept flashing me. What the heck? I think, as I wave my hand over my headlight, which was fine. Then I see ANOTHER speedtrap. As I'm going 40 in a 45 and nobody's around, I wave at the cop and sort of dorkily smile (as if he could see through my helmet). In retrospect, he probably thought I was being a prick. It was like 70 out and beautiful. I was just being friendly.

Five minutes later, in the middle of Norfolk, I'm pulled over. Not speeding, not weaving, following traffic rules...

"Your registration is expired. Do you have a ride home?"

Sure enough, it expired Jan 1st.

"No, officer, I don't. Why do you ask?"

"I'm going to impound your bike."

Now, I'm in the wrong here, certainly, but I've owned this bike for the last three and some odd years, and it's not like it's stolen. The registration fee is $40. It's one thing to get a ticket, but a loving impound? They charge a ton to get poo poo out of impound.

"Do you have a ride, sir?"

"No, not that I can think of." My girlfriend is out of town with a friend, so this is true. I'm kinda glad it was.

The cop goes back to his cruiser for ten or fifteen minutes while I sit on the curb. I assume at this point he's checking to make sure the bike isn't stolen and finding out I haven't had a ticket in years for anything beyond parking violations.

Meanwhile, I'm in the center of town, so three sportbikes and a legion of harleys pass by (seriously, it's one of those 20-people long Harley parades). I just wince at all of them.

The cop comes back from his car with a written warning, and tells me to get the bike in my driveway (I'm like 20 miles from home).

Funny enough, I was going to the registry today ANYWAY for my stupid moped sticker. So it's just another $40 on top. I thank the policeman and ride off.

EDIT: Actually, it's apparently $25. I almost got impounded over $25.

George RR Fartin fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 14, 2009

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Nerobro posted:

<---- Cyclist.

I'm the same way. When I ride my bicycle to work, I approach this very same intersection I'm referring to in my previous post on my way home. I'll ride down the right side of the cars stopped in the right turn lane, but I'm watching the turn arrow the whole time out of the corner of my eye, ready to jump out of the way against the curb if people start to pull away from the stop. Most of the time I can just make the turn with the cars and everyone is on their merry way.

The idiots I encountered were not riding to get anywhere, instead just weaving through (stopped) traffic. I honestly don't know where the kid on my left was planning on going before he screeched to a halt when I started to move, but I'm sure we would have collided if we had both kept moving.

Even after that whole experience, I'm still of the mindset that its ultimately up to me and me alone to not be in the same spot as someone else on the road, regardless of what I'm riding in/on. It pisses me off, but it just reinforces the need for that kind of mindset, which is a good thing I guess.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Wow, somebody was having a cranky pants day.

Silky Thighs
Aug 30, 2005

After getting my new tires i finally went to learn to lean today at a gorge. Lots of twists and turns. I forgot what gear i was in and tried to go through a sharp turn in 5th gear, almost panicked since there was an oncoming car. I can't really remember what happened, but i couldn't accelerate the bike through the turn as well as i would have liked.

I've learned a lot about downshifting/upshifting while riding through these gorges for 2 hours today.

I was going to go ride at night, but my back lights seem to not be working. A guy in a pickup truck stopped at a red light and warned me about it. I turned back home. When i hit the breaks the lights flicker (it was made to do that), and the turn signals work, but the rear night lights that stay on all the time seem to be off.

Whats the deal? :(

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Silky Thighs posted:

After getting my new tires i finally went to learn to lean today at a gorge. Lots of twists and turns. I forgot what gear i was in and tried to go through a sharp turn in 5th gear, almost panicked since there was an oncoming car. I can't really remember what happened, but i couldn't accelerate the bike through the turn as well as i would have liked.

I've learned a lot about downshifting/upshifting while riding through these gorges for 2 hours today.

Just make sure you're downshifting before the turn (as well as braking), and rev matching appropriately. I managed to break the rear free just a little by not rev matching enough before a turn yesterday, that was a bit of a reminder.

Judging by my strips, I think I'm getting pretty comfortable with leaning into turns as necessary. I've got less than a centimeter of "unused" rubber on the outsides of the tread. I'm relatively certain that my cornering speed is still pretty low, however.

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 16, 2009

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.

Silky Thighs posted:

I was going to go ride at night, but my back lights seem to not be working. A guy in a pickup truck stopped at a red light and warned me about it. I turned back home. When i hit the breaks the lights flicker (it was made to do that), and the turn signals work, but the rear night lights that stay on all the time seem to be off.

Have you checked all your fuses and everything? Maybe a loose wire somewhere near the light?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Silky Thighs posted:

if its a dual filament bulb one has probably blown.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, I know I still fit well on a ZRX, I had to pass one up at a dealer today. :smith: I can't justify the financial outlay to myself right now, especially when I have a working bike.

But it was so clean! And the price wasn't even bad for a dealer! 6 large for an 03? I've seen worse on craigslist. Argh.

Anyone have better one-that-got-away stories?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phy posted:

Well, I know I still fit well on a ZRX, I had to pass one up at a dealer today. :smith: I can't justify the financial outlay to myself right now, especially when I have a working bike.

But it was so clean! And the price wasn't even bad for a dealer! 6 large for an 03? I've seen worse on craigslist. Argh.

Anyone have better one-that-got-away stories?

500$ RD350, with spares, complete, wouldn't spark. :( Clean title, current registration.

Silky Thighs
Aug 30, 2005

echomadman posted:

if its a dual filament bulb one has probably blown.

Well this is really strange. I took it out today, i switched the bulbs on how they fit into the socket. I just reversed the way they were put in. I made it so one stays lit up, and one blinks.

Depending on how i configure the bulbs i can make both of them light up, but not blink when i break. I can also make both blink while i break, but they wont stay lit. I thought that just having one blink, and one staying lit is the best way to leave it for now.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

Edit: Ahh, the turn signal on the one that stays lit doesn't work now. What the hells going on:(

Silky Thighs fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 18, 2009

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Z3n posted:

500$ RD350, with spares, complete, wouldn't spark. :( Clean title, current registration.

Son of a bitch. I'm sorry man :(

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Well I finally managed to find a riding position that doesnt kill my back or arms during a longer ride. It is somewhere between fully upright and laying on the tank, just kinda hunched over. Only issue was getting dizzy and almost drunk feeling, which is still going on about 6 hours later. Not sure if it is dehydration or what, but it doesnt feel right.

Also figured out how to get my Olympia jacket vents fully open. Double velcro on the flaps to keep them open, and felt like I was standing in front of a fan with my arms open the entire time. Not a drop of sweat, and it peaked at about 80F today.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Sounds like dehydration to me. You "should" be needing to pee at every gas stop. If you don't, you need to ponder drinking more.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

dietcokefiend posted:

Well I finally managed to find a riding position that doesnt kill my back or arms during a longer ride. It is somewhere between fully upright and laying on the tank, just kinda hunched over. Only issue was getting dizzy and almost drunk feeling, which is still going on about 6 hours later. Not sure if it is dehydration or what, but it doesnt feel right.

Also figured out how to get my Olympia jacket vents fully open. Double velcro on the flaps to keep them open, and felt like I was standing in front of a fan with my arms open the entire time. Not a drop of sweat, and it peaked at about 80F today.

Unless you were hanging upside down for an extended period your body positioning shouldn't make you feel drunk/dizzy. I remember you talking about snow earlier this year, so I'm going to guess you're from one of those backward rear end places that has actual weather. Not sweating in (to you) warm weather, is a bad thing. It can come from one of two situations:
1. You have enough airflow that the sweat is evaporating before it begins to bead. This isn't too bad but it can mask:
2. You don't have any fluid to spare for cooling your rear end down.

My uncle was an archeologist out here in Arizona for years, and every summer he would get kids from the more temperate climates coming out here on internships. He would have to stress that once you stop sweating, you start dying. Inevitably someone wouldn't take it seriously ("But it's a dry heat!") and wind up having to get hauled off to a hospital and pin-cushioned to get fluids back into them.

Dehydration is bad news, because it fucks with the way you think. You aren't as clear as you should be, your reaction times are increased, your judgment is shot to hell, etc. It's a pain in the rear end while hiking, but I would think it's pretty deadly at 70+ mph.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Five minutes later, in the middle of Norfolk, I'm pulled over. Not speeding, not weaving, following traffic rules...

Sure enough, it expired Jan 1st.
5 months is a pretty long time to have let your registration expire!

PS. Norfolk sucks, I'm glad I got out when I did ;)

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

Nerobro posted:

Sounds like dehydration to me. You "should" be needing to pee at every gas stop. If you don't, you need to ponder drinking more.

But my bike gets decent gas mileage and I didnt really need to fill up today :shobon:

Gr3y posted:

Unless you were hanging upside down for an extended period your body positioning shouldn't make you feel drunk/dizzy. I remember you talking about snow earlier this year, so I'm going to guess you're from one of those backward rear end places that has actual weather. Not sweating in (to you) warm weather, is a bad thing. It can come from one of two situations:
1. You have enough airflow that the sweat is evaporating before it begins to bead. This isn't too bad but it can mask:
2. You don't have any fluid to spare for cooling your rear end down.

My uncle was an archeologist out here in Arizona for years, and every summer he would get kids from the more temperate climates coming out here on internships. He would have to stress that once you stop sweating, you start dying. Inevitably someone wouldn't take it seriously ("But it's a dry heat!") and wind up having to get hauled off to a hospital and pin-cushioned to get fluids back into them.

Dehydration is bad news, because it fucks with the way you think. You aren't as clear as you should be, your reaction times are increased, your judgment is shot to hell, etc. It's a pain in the rear end while hiking, but I would think it's pretty deadly at 70+ mph.

Well the lack of sweating part might be linked to the opening of vents on my jacket. I was sweating my rear end off the day before when it was humid as hell out and my vents were not open all the way. Whatever the case may be I will be definitely drinking more before rides. Also looking for one of those back bladder things when I ride back to WI so I can sip on water through my helmet.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.
Is it bad that my ignition key is a Yamaha? And the seat lock is a Honda? And the Bike is a Suzuki? I don't think replacing an ignition switch would be too hard though.

But I swear I have not seen One person with any gear riding around here, aside from a helmet(Of course it's a 3/4 helmet. I've only seen 1 full face.) I just don't see how someone can ride like that. I wonder what the figures for crashes and deaths in motorcycle accidents would look like if wearing full gear was a law.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

Chairon posted:

Is it bad that my ignition key is a Yamaha? And the seat lock is a Honda? And the Bike is a Suzuki? I don't think replacing an ignition switch would be too hard though.

But I swear I have not seen One person with any gear riding around here, aside from a helmet(Of course it's a 3/4 helmet. I've only seen 1 full face.) I just don't see how someone can ride like that. I wonder what the figures for crashes and deaths in motorcycle accidents would look like if wearing full gear was a law.

It would probably mean less organs and tissue for lawmakers suffering from illnesses ;)

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Motorcycle roadside assistance. Who do you use? How much does it cost? What does it cover?

I'm getting the wanderlust again and think I'd rather not get stuck in wyoming or west Texas without anyone to call. Currently looking at AMA, and AAA Plus.

EDIT:I'm not sure if USAA covers bikes on their roadside assistance plan but I'm going to look into that too.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 18, 2009

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

blugu64 posted:

Motorcycle roadside assistance. Who do you use? How much does it cost? What does it cover?

I'm getting the wanderlust again and think I'd rather not get stuck in wyoming or west Texas without anyone to call. Currently looking at AMA, and AAA Plus.

EDIT:I'm not sure if USAA covers bikes on their roadside assistance plan but I'm going to look into that too.

On this note if I already have AAA for my car and stuff, does that also work for the motorcycle or is that separate coverage?

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I have roadside assistance from Riders of Kawasaki. It's $40/year, and the tows are 100 miles, no charge. I've used them several times and they are pretty drat good. You don't even need a Kawasaki motorcycle to sign up.

Also, you get into the members-only Kawi tent the big bike shows, where they have free coffee, bottled water and cookies.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

5 months is a pretty long time to have let your registration expire!

PS. Norfolk sucks, I'm glad I got out when I did ;)

Never got the reminder mailing; it appears I'm still listed at my former address with the RMV. It's not an excuse, sure, but it sure would've been nice to have that forwarded on by the new tenants.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Chairon posted:

Where do you live? Me and the g/f were talking about this when we were out in Denver, where I saw a suprising number of full face helmets and riders in a decent amount of gear. It seems like anyone who would be wearing a skullcap out here is going without a helmet out there, but there was still a suprising number of people riding with a decent amount of gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

dietcokefiend posted:

On this note if I already have AAA for my car and stuff, does that also work for the motorcycle or is that separate coverage?

I think you need at least AAA Plus to get motorcycle coverage.