Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChauchetRedemption
Sep 11, 2001

Were not accustomed to occupying defensive positions. Its destructive to morale.

Godzilla07 posted:

The G1 isn't as pocketable as a BlackBerry because it has the Jay Leno chin and the slide-out keyboard makes it fatter than the Bold.

I'd take a brick over a sheet of plywood any day.

The Bold nails all the features I want, but its open faced. I avoid open faced and tablet type phones like the plague.

The Nokia E90 looks pretty good... I'll have to look into this one. If any one has any feedback about them. Please let me know

Googling around has brought the HTC Touch and Fuze to my attention. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than the E90 is going for now.

ChauchetRedemption fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Hi cellphone shack folks, looking for a recommendation for my dad, he's living/working in kenya and sent me a message asking me if i could get him a phone and send it out to him with my sister who's going to visit in a few weeks. however i don't really know much about phones and so if anyone could throw me a bone that'd be great. here's the basic features he wants:

• Country/Provider:Kenya - Celltell and I guess Safaricom

• Current contract status:pay as he goes

• Budget (phone/plan):just looking for a phone, his price range is $100-150

• Features I know I want:
    unlocked
    quad band
    dual sim-card capable
    "T9 predictive messaging" (not sure what this is, but i am sure a qwerty keyboard would work as well)

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
Country/Provider: USA, Verizon
Current contract status: Family Plan (but eligible for new phone)
Budget (phone): Around 100$
Features I know I want: A slim form factor to fit in my pocket, keyboard for texting is nice but optional. Good battery life and non flimsy. I don't use internet. Right now I've got an LG VX8300 which was great and did all of these things but is a little on the fat side.

blargle fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 9, 2009

Agedashi Tofu
Jul 27, 2004

I paid money to type stuff here.
Country/Provider: USA, AT&T - but need to switch to T-Mobile.

Current contract status: Contract expiring in July - switching to T-Mobile as there is no AT&T coverage where we are moving, and we really want to keep our iPhones.

Budget (plan): We currently have 2 iPhones (not 3G), would like to go month to month with the cheapest option possible through T-mobile that will give us mobile internet and some minutes. My wife and I currently share 400 minutes between the two phones and never even come close to using all of them. Currently paying $120/month but would love to pay less if such a plan exists.

Other nonsense: As I said, we're moving somewhere where there is basically little to no AT&T coverage, but we really don't want to give up our iPhones. I'm looking into unlocking them, which I'm perfectly comfortable with on the hardware side, but have no idea where to start when it comes to getting it working on T-Mobile as far as which plans to choose, etc. Additionally, whatever we go with on T-mobile needs to be easy to bail out of, as I'm not 100% on their coverage there as well (it's really in the middle of nowhere). Their coverage map says we're good, but I don't want to get locked into anything and have that not turn out to be true.

Any sort of nudge in the right direction would be a lot of help.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm not sure where you are moving to, but your coverage will be the same whether you are giving money to T-mobile or AT&T. You'll still be hitting the same towers whether you have an iPhone or a T-mobile branded phone. Just wait until you move and see what your coverage is like. If it's poo poo, it will still be poo poo if you switch to T-mobile.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
* Country/Provider: USA/AT&T

* Current contract status: Family Plan w/ Unlimited PDA + TXT, ending in July of 2009

* Budget: $250-350 (subsidized?)

* Features/Requests...

Right now I have a 8525 from two years ago that is pretty much on its last legs in my attempt to keep up with the newest WM6.* builds. Battery life is horrible and I've just ordered a new OEM battery a few minutes ago to last me until July. I'm pretty attached to my TYTN because of its keyboard and I'm afraid to go to a phone with a smaller or virtual keyboard. Currently I use my phone for Google Maps, internet browsing (Opera drains all my free memory causing TouchFlo to crash), ssh/irc, tethering to my MBP, and a ton of texting.

I've looked over what ATT current offers and I regretfully feel like the newest HTC phones aren't substantially more advanced than the iPhone, which I'd rather not go to in its current state. I've considered Blackberries but I'm not entirely sure how the entire integration with Address Book/iCal would work, if at all, or if it would cost more than I'm currently paying. I have a iPod, so MP3/Video bullshit isn't really a top requirement, but I just assume its inclusive to the types of phones I'd be looking at and a 3.5mm jack isn't too bad.

I just want to get rid of my brick of a phone...

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Country/Provider- Australia/Three
Contract- Most likely going with the 69 dollar cap + some internet
Budget- NA

Features-

OK basically my current contract comes up in Julyish, I'm looking now (yes yes I know things will change by then) for info. Right now if I were to renew my current contract with Three Mobile the phones I'd be able to choose from at 69 dollar cap are plentiful but I think I've narrowed it down to either the e71 Nokia or the HTC Touch Diamond... and MAYBE the Xperia X1 Sony Ericsson (I kept finding alternate names :() But that will maybe cost a bit extra but if it's truely as sexy as it looks then maybe that's ok? OR it'll be free by the time I get to it (It's only one level up from the ones I'm looking at in the store)

So Between HTC Touch Diamond, the E71 Nokia and Considering maybe the X1 Sony Ericsson I'm looking for
Decent battery life (I have an N95 it's horrible)
QUICK and easy (as possible) web browsing. I feel the touch screens would have an advantage but maybe the tactile-ness of having a proper keyboard would be good?
Being able to customise and add third party programs would be nice, although not at the expense of having a sluggish interface (Ala N95)

What would people here reccomend? I dived into the HTC Touch thread, it seemed that people think it's quite a customisable unit, lots of nice third party applications one can install (I'm not expecting an iTunes App store but some stuff would be nice)

Thanks guys

P-Frank
May 7, 2004

Crystal! Disco! Vampire! Deer!
Budget (Plan/Pre-Paid): $10 Per Month (I know this is obscenely low but read on!)
Budget (Phone): $50

I'm a regular visitor to the US, so I want my own cellphone so I can put it on my business card and not deal with roaming for my annual trips (often for 2-4 months at a time). I want to be able to maintain a US phone number when I'm not in the country.

Main Feature:

I spend a lot of time in California, Virginia, Chicago, NYC. So I need to not have to worry about coverage. I'm going to Seattle, Portland and New England on a regular basis starting next year.

Ideas:

I have heard Net10 is good (?) and if I gas it up with 150 bucks, the number will stay active for 12 months. If theres a cheaper option, I would go with that, or something with better coverage. Does Net10 have any semblance of good coverage?
?

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
On pay-as-you-go phones is it possible to check voicemails from a different number without using your minutes?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

edit: moved to the at&t thread, which would probably be a better place.

keykey fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 13, 2009

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Oceanlife posted:

On pay-as-you-go phones is it possible to check voicemails from a different number without using your minutes?

Yes. I do it all the time.

slow crow
Sep 29, 2007
B

slow crow fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 12, 2013

kbar
Aug 9, 2002

aunaturale posted:

I have the option of picking up either a used Blackberry 7100 or an 8700 within my price range.

Which is the newer or more reliable model?
Can both run the current generation of Blackberry apps?
Is it a smart idea to purchase used smartphones from off-the-books dealers? Or are there issues with spyware added to steal credit card numbers and passwords and such?

Thanks for any help!
So let's get this straight. You're paying a minimum of $60/month for a BlackBerry plan (probably higher), but you can "only afford" a dogshit super-obsolete BlackBerry to actually use on that plan?

Save $160-190 and get a used Curve 8320 or something, christ.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Country/Provider:
US/AT&T
Current contract status:
Kinda a clusterfuck. Anyways, have 16 months or so left for a 2-year contract (that it turns out I didn't need to get) but an override so I can get the 'new customer' phone price.
Budget (phone/plan):
Ideally the plan would be as cheap as possible, I am fairly flexible on the phone. I'm just a bit worried about getting more phone than I need.
Features I know I want:
My old phone was a piece of poo poo Nokia candybar phone I got for free years ago with my old provider (not a contract, just got 200 minutes in a block or something). As a result, I don't text, don't listen to music, don't find directions with a phone, etc. However, I'm not sure if I would if I had the option to. Played with a few phones at the AT&T store, and thought the slide out ones were neat. I've been reading reviews and such, but it seems like if the review is more than a few months old, the information is pretty stale.

I might get into texting if I had a phone that could handle it.

I might get into playing music on it (so I don't have to carry a separate music player) - if this is the case, bluetooth for a headset would be cool. Music from an sd card would be good enough, using pandora or something would be even more badass.

There are other things I just haven't had much experience with - being able to run google maps would be neat, especially with the addition of a gps.

Most of these things would be handled by a iPhone, honestly, but I hate the onscreen keyboard, and I have an irrational seething hatred for anything Apple.

What is the new hot thing? The ones that specifically caught my eye were the LG Xenon, Pantech matrix, and Samsung Impression; does one of these stand out? The HTC Fuze fit the bill, but was more expensive and I wasn't sure if it was worth the extra $.

Also, does anyone know what more I'm going to have to add onto my contract for these? Right now I am at a barebones contract and really only call other AT&T customers, so I have tons of unused minutes and no features.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Get the Fuze. It's the one that will do all that stuff you want. Yes, your plan will get more expensive, as you'll have to add the data plan and I assume some sort of messaging plan.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Country/Provider:
US/Sprint
Northeast Ohio currently but moving out to Ashland WI at the end of August to go to school where sprint is roaming

Current contract status:
sprint family plan
Budget (phone/plan):
I need messaging mostly and a low number of minutes. From what of researched I most of the phone plans I need are about 60 to 70 dollars.
Features I know I want:
The main thing that I' m looking for is a phone with a touch screen and a slideout key board.

I would like to get into the 50 dollar everything from sprint but when I leave to go to school I'll be going to an area where I'll be roaming and sprint would cancel my contract. From what I've looked at the only carriers that I will have at school will be verizon and ATandT and from what I've read on this forum I should stay the hell away from verizon.

The phones I'm looking at right now are the Samsung impression and the LG xenon. Would anyone have any experience on how these phones work and the main difference between the two? Any help I can get would be appreciated

slow crow
Sep 29, 2007
A

slow crow fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 12, 2013

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

aunaturale posted:

I have the option of picking up either a used Blackberry 7100 or an 8700 within my price range.

Which is the newer or more reliable model?
Can both run the current generation of Blackberry apps?
Is it a smart idea to purchase used smartphones from off-the-books dealers? Or are there issues with spyware added to steal credit card numbers and passwords and such?

Thanks for any help!

They are both old, but the 8700 is newer.
Yes, as long as the ESN is clean. You might want to make sure it's compatible with whatever network you're going to use it on. No to spyware.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 14, 2009

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

aunaturale posted:

I am not paying $60 a month.

Please, I just want an answer to the questions posted.

Your question is like asking "hey guys I just bought a gas card loaded with $2000 of premium gas, should I buy a Nova or an AMC Gremlin to put it in? Are these cars ever possessed with the previous owner's spirit who will steal my identity?"

Both of those are pretty awful BBs, the 7000 series is a definite do not buy. The 8700 isn't quite as terrible but if you're buying a BB, buy a Curve/Bold/Curve 8900 now. Don't waste your money on an upgraded service plan to use the lamest, slowest, shittiest phone you can find. You can get Curves for under $200 on eBay. Go look under your couch cushions for a while and buy a phone you'll actually be happy with. The 8700 basically has no multimedia features worth speaking of and can't even run App World. A lot of new software is trackball-only, so you're really going to do yourself a disservice with one of those models.

You should wipe the phone once you get it which will take away any vestiges of software. You can do that from the security menu in settings.

slow crow
Sep 29, 2007
B

slow crow fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 12, 2013

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Country/Provider: USA/US Cellular

Current contract status: Some sort of family plan, whatever my parents have, I think it's a big voice plan with a little bit of texting. We're renewing a 2 year plan so it's new phone time.

Budget (phone/plan): As little as possible I suppose, probably not a smartphone

Features I know I want: I don't really do a ton of texting but when I do, I really loving hate using the numeric keys on my V3m so I would really like something that's super easy to text on . . . I guess that'd be either a full keyboard, a touchscreen keyboard or some other sort of cool text system.

Other than that, I am not too sure. As much as I dislike iPhones, my brother has one and his 3G Internet plan is not only fun but saved our asses on a wedding trip when we didn't know poo poo about the area. However, I haven't used USCC's internet service so I don't know how fast/pleasant it is to use and therefore don't know if it would be worth it. I sort of like the Samsung Delve due to its touchscreen-iness but I've heard lots of bad things about it so I'm wondering if I should just wait for USCC to release something better. I've heard that a couple new LGs that are touchscreen-oriented are coming soon so maybe I should just wait and see how they turn out? Other than that, I was thinking about avoiding all the fun fancy interweb stuff and just getting a LG Banter, but I've heard bad things about them too and I'm not sure I want to be stuck with such a basic phone for a couple years if having internet access becomes more useful or essential.

tl;dr: Are USCC's iPhone ripoff phones/data plans worth it or should I just stick with a normal sort of phone? If so, what's the best non-smartphone for the job?

Blinky2099
May 27, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Edit: Nevermind.

Blinky2099 fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 19, 2009

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

* Country/Provider: Germany

* Current contract status: Pay-as-you-go blau.de plan

* Budget (phone): $200-$300 - can be used.

I'd like to get my brother in Germany a nice phone for his birthday, but I'm not sure how plans work in Europe. Ideally the phone would do all the simple stuff well (i.e. good call quality and battery life). I'd like to get a smartphone but I don't know if data transfer is ridiculously expensive on a pay-as-you-go plan. Are there any phones that can use wi-fi from coffee shops? Should I convince my brother to switch to a pre-paid plan?

So basically I'd like to either get a nice regular phone, or a reasonable smart-phone that can pick up wi-fi.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
* Country: United States, mostly around Southern PA and Northern DE.
* Carrier/Plan: Monthly 300anytime/1000N&W on Virgin Mobile
* Budget: HIGHLY negotiable, as long as I'm happy with what I get, I'm not all that worried about the cost.

I'm starting a new, fairly well-paying contract-to-hire job next week and I want a new phone/plan. I want the ability to surf the web from anywhere and instant messaging/text messaging. Basically, I want a smartphone with unlimited text and data, with a fistful of anytime minutes and night and weekends, but those being free seems ubiquitous.

I'm looking REALLY hard at the HTC Touch Pro with a Sprint Everything Data Plan with 400ish minutes. The phone really seems to suit what I want to do and the plan seems pretty reasonable cost-wise at 70 bucks a month. I like the slide-out keyboard and the onscreen one a LOT. Is there any other phone, plan, or provider I may want to consider or would the Touch Pro on Sprint do what I want?

Spatule
Mar 18, 2003

aunaturale posted:

And I like your car analogy. Although re: ghosts, I mean spyware is a problem with computers so I didn't think it being a problem with smartphones was out of the question or as ridiculous as you make it seem.

I installed a piece of software on my smartphone that allows me to remotely and stealthily

* Know where it is by GPS
* Download all the sms/emails/contacts/agenda/any file off of it
* Kill the phone remotely

It's invisible and only defeated if you do a complete reset of the phone. It's not available for my phone, but the (newer) version for a different OS apparently allows you to listen call the phone and listen to what it's picking up, or be put in an invisible threeway call everytime someone is using the phone, record loud noises automatically to be downloaded later, take pictures when a call is being made, etc etc. Spy grade poo poo, yours for 79.99$ I think.

edit : There is more than one such piece of software too apparently, and the main advertisement I saw for them is "catch your cheating spouse"...

Spatule fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 18, 2009

For Loop
Apr 12, 2005
The Word on the Street.
# Country/Provider:US/SPrint

# Current contract status:11 months into contract. SERO plan

# Budget (phone/plan): 200-300

# Features I know I want: good web capability, gps, touch screen, screen that is big enough to legitimately watch movies on, music player w/ 3.5 mm headphone jack, good keyboard (hw or software ok, as long as it works well)

Current Phone: Treo 800w

I'm about to throw my loving treo out the window, i've had so many problems with it, both with hardware and software. I've been dreaming of an iphone, but having a $35 cell phone bill keeps me from taking the plunge. I'm thinking about the touch pro 2, but i'm not sure my phone will hold out that long. any suggestions for now?

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
I dropped my phone in the toilet and Im up on my AT+T contract this month. Also, I wanna wait for the summer iPhone update to spend my "new every 2" thing so I need a cheap phone with a SIM slot that will plug the gap till then; how do I know what will work on my network? How easy is it to get a new phone with the right frequencies and such? How tough is it to activate?

USA
AT+T
cheap

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

I dropped my phone in the toilet and Im up on my AT+T contract this month. Also, I wanna wait for the summer iPhone update to spend my "new every 2" thing so I need a cheap phone with a SIM slot that will plug the gap till then; how do I know what will work on my network? How easy is it to get a new phone with the right frequencies and such? How tough is it to activate?

USA
AT+T
cheap

There's most likely NOT going to be a new iPhone this summer, so just get one now.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
Maybe not a new iPhone, but probably a price reduction or update of SOME kind that I'd like to wait for, you know? Plus theres that picture from some AT+T poster saying like new iPhone- Twice as Fast Half as Expensive

EDIT: Would any 'GoPhone' work? They all have SIM slots?

EDIT2: Really? Why would you say most likely NOT? Theres a lot of evidence to the contrary...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/19/next-iphone-to-launch-july-17-with-oled-display-and-glowing-appl/

thesurlyspringKAA fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 19, 2009

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

new iPhone- Twice as Fast Half as Expensive
Isn't that the tag line from when they launched the iPhone 3G?

Yeah, any gophone should hold you over.

Blinky2099
May 27, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lost my Samsung Flipshot and have ~1 year and 4 months left on my Verizon contract. I'm probably looking to either buy a new or used phone outside of Verizon in hopes to get it for less.

I liked the Flipshot aside from the voice quality being absolute poo poo (but with that being said, I wouldn't buy it again). I'm looking to either pay full price for a phone that I'm only going to use for a year (probably just buy used???) or get a 1 to 2 year extension (which I really don't want, but if it means not having to use a cheap piece of poo poo for the next year and a half then that's a possibility).

Any suggestions? I've been looking at the Alias 2. I might just try to extend the contract by 1 year for a price drop. I should be happy with the phone for the full 2 years, and if I bought it and only used it for one year it would probably be a waste of money.

Edit: I called the local Verizon reseller and apparently if I contact Verizon customer support they're probably willing to just give me a 1-year service extension with the 1-year service price on a phone (which is still going to be a good amount higher than the 2-year price obviously, but a least it won't be ridiculously expensive). Maybe I'll do that, but that still leaves me stuck with Verizon for 2 1/3 years.

Blinky2099 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 19, 2009

slow crow
Sep 29, 2007
C

slow crow fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 12, 2013

Steinbeck
Apr 6, 2008

aunaturale posted:

Just wanted to thank the two guys who made fun of me for considering getting a BB 8700. (And, I guess, Joe, who lamely provided helpful answer to my questions without insulting my intelligence).

I was browsing through ads just to prove you jackasses wrong on the 'you can afford a better model' front and ended up getting a Blackberry 8800 for $130.

Now I have a very good condition, fast, convenient, and really cool device that'll hopefully last me a while.

Somehow you missed the point entirely if you bought the 8800.

CHRISTS FOR SALE
Jan 14, 2005

"fuck you and die"
I'm on the fence between a Blackberry Bold and an iPhone. I have AT&T Wireless. Anymore, it seems the people at my local store have become corporate drones and won't do anything but sales-pitch the gently caress out of the Blackberry, presumably because they don't carry the iPhone at that specific store. I just want the truth about these products without a bias.

A bit of background: I'm a professional vocalist who not only has to maintain a schedule of gigs for money, but also a schedule for my original project(s). On top of all that, I'm going to be a senior in college and I have homework/gigs for that (I study voice in school as well). So I've been looking for a phone that can manage multiple calendars, have alarms/reminders, etc. I run all Mac computers and currently manage my scheduling/communications with iCal & Apple Mail/Address Book, so I'd need something that will easily sync up. I also use social networking sites (facebook, twitter, myspace, etc.) to promote myself as an original artist, which I would love to be able to access on my phone since I've been finding less and less time to really sit down and promote via internet means.

The other concern of mine is cost. The BlackBerry plan AND device seems to cost less than the iPhone (the latter of which is $30/mo for data plus whatever it costs for SMS, while the BlackBerry's data plan is a few dollars cheaper per month), but with the BlackBerry I have to purchase another $9.99/mo service from AT&T in order to use GPS. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the iPhone have a GPS built-in? Will I still need to pay monthly for that GPS service, or is it included with the rest of the unlimited data plan?

So goons, which should I pick?

CHRISTS FOR SALE fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 21, 2009

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

As far as GPS goes, you can use both of those for free with either phone using Google Maps. It comes pre-loaded on the iPhone, but it's also free for the Blackberry.

Personally, I like the iPhone better. I've always hated the Blackberry UI. It's pretty much the opposite of 'intuitive and easy to navigate.' I know it's different for the Storm, but watching videos of it doesn't make me feel better.

Since you're an Apple guy, it's also cool because the iPhone manages everything through iTunes. It backs up your phone, so if something happens all you need to do is hook up the phone and tell it to restore from a backup. The iPhone also doubles as an iPod, so if you want to use your phone as an MP3 player, you're all set.

kbar
Aug 9, 2002

AT&T doesn't carry the Storm, as it's a Verizon exclusive. Are you thinking of the Bold, maybe?

CHRISTS FOR SALE
Jan 14, 2005

"fuck you and die"

kalibar posted:

AT&T doesn't carry the Storm, as it's a Verizon exclusive. Are you thinking of the Bold, maybe?
haha that's it. my bad. BlackBerry Bold is what the drone behind the AT&T counter was trying to sell me.

Joe Don Baker posted:

As far as GPS goes, you can use both of those for free with either phone using Google Maps. It comes pre-loaded on the iPhone, but it's also free for the Blackberry.
Does it know, intuitively, where you are at any given point? Like, if I were to open up Google Maps on my iPhone, would it pinpoint my location so I can see the lay of the land? How about with a BlackBerry? I understand that both phones can access Google Maps, what would be ideal is a way to quickly find my exact location...I can see this being useful in tons of instances, like when I know I'm very close to my destination but can't find the road to turn on. I feel like I get lost at the VERY END about 90% of the times I've been lost in my life.

kbar
Aug 9, 2002

While the Bold is nice, you should probably rule it out of your search since AT&T is getting a nicer BlackBerry this Friday.

EDIT: hm, gently caress. No 3G on Curve 8900. The plot, she thickens.

dr gumby
Sep 27, 2007

by angerbotSD

CHRISTS FOR SALE posted:

haha that's it. my bad. BlackBerry Bold is what the drone behind the AT&T counter was trying to sell me.

Does it know, intuitively, where you are at any given point? Like, if I were to open up Google Maps on my iPhone, would it pinpoint my location so I can see the lay of the land? How about with a BlackBerry? I understand that both phones can access Google Maps, what would be ideal is a way to quickly find my exact location...I can see this being useful in tons of instances, like when I know I'm very close to my destination but can't find the road to turn on. I feel like I get lost at the VERY END about 90% of the times I've been lost in my life.

I'm pretty sure the iPhone has GPS? My location is almost always spot on when I use google maps on it. And the UI makes it a dream to use :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHRISTS FOR SALE
Jan 14, 2005

"fuck you and die"

kalibar posted:

EDIT: hm, gently caress. No 3G on Curve 8900. The plot, she thickens.
Yeah. That's what I thought too. It's almost like making a computer that will blow up if you attempt to connect broadband internet to it.

Pretty sure I'm gonna get an iPhone. It just seems like the best choice all around.