Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The lettering all looks fine. Apart from the rare problems with printing I mentioned above.

The letters and numbers are all the official fonts and stuff for each league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

hecko posted:

Look at me! Look at me! I'm here!

edit:
This year Real Potosi from Bolivia used this in Copa Libertadores

6 sponsors, 4 more on the back, 3 in each sleeve and a couple more on the shorts.

Campos made his own keeper uniforms from his textile factory. He's OK.

More Real Potosi of Bolivia kit

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Ka0 posted:

"All this sponsorship money and we still can't stop a guy called Parmo from scoring against us." :(

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Best part about Potosi is that they shamelessly stole Real Madrid's badge. Check that poo poo out.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

KabukiJoe posted:

How does the lettering look on them? I'd like to get a Frankie Hejduk USMNT jersey and I don't want the letters to look goofy/wrong.

The US ones, what you watch for on the fakes is the stars on the badge--all the fakes I've seen had the stars as solid blue (not blue/white) and it's a dead giveaway.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Hoover Dam posted:

The US ones, what you watch for on the fakes is the stars on the badge--all the fakes I've seen had the stars as solid blue (not blue/white) and it's a dead giveaway.

I'm just so sad I missed the huge deal worldsoccershop was doing a few months ago. They have the home kits on sale now, but I'd really rather have the away (horizontal lines make me look fat :gay:).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the new England shirt. It's just too classy not to.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Apparently the actual kits that the England team wear are tailor made for each player. Shame that doesn't come with the replicas!

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Weaponized Cum posted:

Best part about Potosi is that they shamelessly stole Real Madrid's badge. Check that poo poo out.

For loving real. It looks like a horrid Paint job, not even Photoshop.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Irn--Bru posted:

Apparently the actual kits that the England team wear are tailor made for each player. Shame that doesn't come with the replicas!

They are selling them by chest size though, 34, 36, etc. not just small medium large so you should be able to get a more fitted size than usual.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Ah, that's pretty cool actually. I didn't know that.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Shrapnac posted:

They are selling them by chest size though, 34, 36, etc. not just small medium large so you should be able to get a more fitted size than usual.

This is awesome.

I might have to buy one.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

Ka0 posted:

Am I the only one who read parmo at the bottom of his shirt?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rhg0061r posted:

Am I the only one who read parmo at the bottom of his shirt?

Literally the post after the picture.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

Shrapnac posted:

Literally the post after the picture.

I am goddamn blind, thank you for alerting me to my need for a new pair of glasses.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
The new 1899 Hoffenheim kit from Puma is simply
fascinating

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Ka0 posted:

The new 1899 Hoffenheim kit from Puma is simply
fascinating

One thing that always throws me, clubs with simple crests. It must be a nightmare including them in a kit as more then an after thought.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Fists Up posted:

Those new chelsea/adidas kits remind me a lot of the Australian rugby union tops. with the but uggly piping and weird shapes on the front.

AZ wears Australian rugby tops:

Click here for the full 640x427 image.

and last years was this one, from quick.

it's a big step up from this one:

(and the UGLY UGLY UGLY umbro kit we had prior to this one)

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.
They're actually going back to Quick for the next season:

I don't really like the lighter shade of red on the home strip, I think the darker red they have now looks better. The black away shirt looks good though.

Nyarlothotep fucked around with this message at 09:50 on May 15, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

For anyone on the fence about soccertriads, I'd like to add that they have excellent customer service.

I emailed them yesterday about the letters peeling off my new Porto shirt and someone emailed me back this morning saying that it was their last Porto shirt, but I can keep it and they'll send me another shirt of my choice for free.

Bonza!

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Nyarlothotep posted:

I don't really like the lighter shade of red on the home strip, I think the darker red they have now looks better. The black away shirt looks good though.

I liked the gold and black 3rd kit this year. The lighter shade is indeed not how it should be, but we keep the white sleeves and that's good.

there was a dark blue away kit with white sleeves last year that was cool looking as well.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

One thing that always throws me, clubs with simple crests. It must be a nightmare including them in a kit as more then an after thought.

I'd like to see one like that enlarged to take up most of the kit - go with a half blue/half white diagonal split. Could look really drat good.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

So Ajax, PSV and AZ all have black away shirts for next season, and Feyenoord had one a while ago as well. How creative.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Messyass posted:

So Ajax, PSV and AZ all have black away shirts for next season, and Feyenoord had one a while ago as well. How creative.

it's like an online game where people can choose their skins, the black ones are always the most populair.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Irn--Bru posted:

For anyone on the fence about soccertriads, I'd like to add that they have excellent customer service.

At those prices I won't even bother asking if the shirts are knockoffs or not, but what's the quality like? Embroidered badges and such? Actual pressed on letters rather than paint? Is the fabric close to what the actual shirts use? I mean you already said it looks good but that's only half the package for me.

EDIT: oh wait you already said your Chelsea Soccer Triad is exactly like your authentic one, so I guess this is all covered already :blush:

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
They only have 42" and 46" sizes. How poo poo is that, I was gonna one cos they're so cheap.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

luvd posted:

They only have 42" and 46" sizes. How poo poo is that, I was gonna one cos they're so cheap.

Buy the 42" and wear it baggy?

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

ibroxmassive posted:

Buy the 42" and wear it baggy?

I'd look like a child/Messi.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

luvd posted:

I'd look like a child/Messi.

From this and the Paulo Wanchope thread you sound like some kind of feeble bodied midget. :confused:

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

ibroxmassive posted:

From this and the Paulo Wanchope thread you sound like some kind of feeble bodied midget. :confused:

Hahah, yeah I thought about that. Nah, I'm in shape, just not big at all.

I want to buy the 05/06 Barca shirt with Ronaldinho on the back but I can't find it anywhere :(

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Der Shovel posted:

EDIT: oh wait you already said your Chelsea Soccer Triad is exactly like your authentic one, so I guess this is all covered already :blush:
There's a few other sites like that and the general consensus is that they're all actually legit shirts, they just get them directly from the manufacturing plants so they're retardedly cheap. Think I know whenever I have to get my next jersey that's for damned sure.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

real_scud posted:

There's a few other sites like that and the general consensus is that they're all actually legit shirts, they just get them directly from the manufacturing plants so they're retardedly cheap. Think I know whenever I have to get my next jersey that's for damned sure.

Can you name anymore? I want one in S.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

real_scud posted:

Well I've spent 20 quid on worse things so can't hurt to try, can it?

EDIT: what about that Jomzajung site? Is it the same deal?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 15, 2009

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

these shirts sound perfect. still kind of feel bad about not supporting the clubs directly but hell, at that price compared to what the real ones go for? Can't avoid a deal like that.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Football shirts are ridiculously overpriced as it is, I don't mind paying for them from the source.

What's the safe way to remove vinyl lettering from a 100% poly jersey?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Chelsea shirts are about the same price as soccertriads from the megastore right now.

If you're in the US that's not relevant of course.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

luvd posted:

Can you name anymore? I want one in S.

I've heard people say good things about :

https://www.allucangetstore.com/

One of the bloggers for the New York Times' GOAL blog recently posted a link to an online shop he has had good experiences with. Can't seem to find it though.

Tortilla Maker fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 15, 2009

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

Heads up for anyone who uses Subside Sports to order kits and such, which is here: http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/index.jsp

I don't know if they deliver to the USA but it's a cracking site all in all for people from the UK. They've got a 20% off sale on at the moment on everything except any brand new 09-10 stock - just enter 'SEASONSALE' as the discount code. It says it on the front page too.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
UK PRICKS: Greaves are doing shirts for 20 quid a pop, while we're on the subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

ICA posted:

UK PRICKS: Greaves are doing shirts for 20 quid a pop, while we're on the subject.

Are these real? That seems like too good a price.

Also, am I gonna look like a dick with a long sleeved one?