Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
$.10? I'm in. I guess their cunning ploy to get me to finally create an account worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

I could and did.

I was able to immediately after.

Although it's already 6:02 and nothing has appeared yet :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Captain Charisma posted:

Although it's already 6:02 and nothing has appeared yet :colbert:

Just started.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
This is unbelievably misogynistic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how Kevin ACTUALLY gets agitated whenever he says a line in an agitated voice.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
That was fantastic.

"Oh, it's Indiana Jones! Hi Indy!"

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Yeah, not bad at all. Lots of laughs for a quick 15-minute short.

Would have been better with two robot silhouettes, of course. :colbert:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
"Scum. Won't you?"

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
"The remains of said cake were left buried in the backyard, next to Tim's dog, Skipper, who 'ran away' last Tuesday(sic)."

I too enjoy Kevin's flailing arms.

EDIT: Questions in the chat, too!

ChickenHeart fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 28, 2009

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'm curious, did you guys who buy it get to keep the video?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm curious, did you guys who buy it get to keep the video?

It's streaming video. It's possible they'll release it as a regular short. I just dragged the browser into my DVD recorder and recorded it.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Just watched Wicker man with riffing, it was a decent enough commentary, but holy gently caress that movie sucked. And it sucked in the way that NOTHING HAPPENS.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pooned posted:

Just watched Wicker man with riffing, it was a decent enough commentary, but holy gently caress that movie sucked. And it sucked in the way that NOTHING HAPPENS.

It's almost as good as that time a guy almost looked in a bag

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

That's it baby just a bit to the left. Perfect. Now show us your tits.

Alan Smithee posted:

It's almost as good as that time a guy almost looked in a bag

Haha yeah I remember that too! Oh man those were the times.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Just popped in Crossroads. Wow this movie's bad. Mike's almost not enough.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Gaseous Snake posted:

Just popped in Crossroads. Wow this movie's bad. Mike's almost not enough.

Can you tell me the joke/riff when they're sitting at the piano (sorta near the end of the movie)? I remember it absolutely flooring me with laughter, but I can't remember what they said.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's something kind of weird, they just released a new short and its one that was already done on MST3K "What about Juvenile Delinquency?"

oh ok
Oct 11, 2004

Alternate... universe... Shauna... fails... BECHAMEL TEST.

(Passim)

Pooned posted:

The movie did indeed suck, but in a gloriously retarded way. How can you not laugh at Nicolas Cage, in and out of a bear suit, punching out evil lesbians? Or the bikejacking, or "NYAAAAAAARGH OMG BEES!!" I swear I have never laughed so hard at a film in my life. The rifftrax was just icing on the dense, moist stupidity of that cake.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Here's something kind of weird, they just released a new short and its one that was already done on MST3K "What about Juvenile Delinquency?"

Cinematic Titanic did Santa Clause Conquers the Martians again, and that was a whole movie, not just a short.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Can you tell me the joke/riff when they're sitting at the piano (sorta near the end of the movie)? I remember it absolutely flooring me with laughter, but I can't remember what they said.

Starting when the guy starts playing the song and Britney is "singing":

Mike: "I suppose it's naive to hope Ben has kicked has kicked out his stool and set the piano on fire at the end of this jam, huh?"

"I think he ripped out a page of Helen Keller's diary accidentally."

"Yeah, if you could stop moaning like a Philipino hooker, that would help the song a little."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Saint Sputnik posted:

Has Mike died from his all-bacon diet yet? Has he proved to the 'chans that he's hardcore?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yr2yPT-izE

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Bridget really pulls off the early 60s Jackie O look.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New live event next Friday.

And finally a way to get Shake Hands with Danger without buying the DVD.

Western Backstroke
Oct 19, 2008

Be Cool Like Carl
This was bumped just in time. I watched the Prisoner of Azkaban riff, without having seen the other Potter riffs, and I thought it was a great, well worth the purchase. Plenty of laughs to be had.

Nothing's more thrilling than kids, hiding from other kids, who are also hiding!

JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.
A little late but just got Twilight. It is now my favorite riff and right up there with anything MST3K has done. How did anyone not ask for their money back after watching this pile of poo poo?

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Maybe I missed something, but in the Twilight riff, during the baseball scene, Muse starts playing, and they make a crack about Perry Farrell, who has nothing to do with Muse. I can't imagine them making a blunder that big.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
When are they going to put up the PAL track for The Empire Strikes Back, for chrissakes? Mike! I have money! I want to give it to you!

Yancee
Dec 30, 2002

Payndz posted:

When are they going to put up the PAL track for The Empire Strikes Back, for chrissakes? Mike! I have money! I want to give it to you!

According to their Twitter:

"Just released the PAL file for Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back. If you already bought it, the files are now in your "My Files" area!"

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

New live event next Friday.

And finally a way to get Shake Hands with Danger without buying the DVD.
Don't forget about this. First live feature length riff.

Admiral Pi
Mar 15, 2006
e's and i's off the starboard bow!
According to Bill Corbett's Twitter, today Jonathan Coulton and Paul and Storm are recording a RiffTrax to Tron. I am hard-pressed to think of anything better in audio form ever existing.

Toastline
Dec 7, 2005
Chain Chomp
So how do we view this free live riff of Shake Hands With Danger? I'm either blind or it's not well represented on the site.
edit: ah, I guess it's here

Toastline fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 15, 2009

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Toastline posted:

So how do we view this free live riff of Shake Hands With Danger? I'm either blind or it's not well represented on the site.
edit: ah, I guess it's here

When does the feature length one start? I'm in the chat now as ethixgradient

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Pompous Rhombus posted:

When does the feature length one start? I'm in the chat now as ethixgradient

6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Emmitt Nervend posted:

Maybe I missed something, but in the Twilight riff, during the baseball scene, Muse starts playing, and they make a crack about Perry Farrell, who has nothing to do with Muse. I can't imagine them making a blunder that big.

How in the world is that a big blunder?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Looks like the whole Rifftrax live thing may not be working out that well. I'm trying to get on the site and purchase/watch the thing and it's getting hammered and dying :(

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I bought it the day it was announced but now I cant go watch it

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Quit goonrushing the website so I can get my movie! :argh:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

VanillaGorilla posted:

Looks like the whole Rifftrax live thing may not be working out that well. I'm trying to get on the site and purchase/watch the thing and it's getting hammered and dying :(

I personally blame all of you.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The site just loaded a little bit

Edit: Connection Interrupted :(

AlmightyBob fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I'm in the video room waiting for it to start. Sorry for those of you that can't get in. :(

• Locked thread