Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Memories...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

THATS IT

They said its over and they will be refunding money

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Plavski posted:

Memories...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, YOU'RE STUCK HERE!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

THATS IT

They said its over

Also saying they'll refund.

While I like that I'm getting my money back I'd like it if I could actually get that copy of Shake Hands with Danger since its the only short I don't own.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Ok well I guess its about bed time

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Rifftrax site is dead, too.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Apparently, they're canceling it and giving us all refunds.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Bummer

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Foiled by their own success.

The Rifftrax website keeps redirecting to the USTREAM site.

Somehow, I blame Joe Don Baker.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

Foiled by their own success.
I dunno about that. It's ustream so the more people watching the better. They were foiled by their own incompetence methinks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So was there an explanation as to why this was all Google's fault like Mike was saying?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Also saying they'll refund.

While I like that I'm getting my money back I'd like it if I could actually get that copy of Shake Hands with Danger since its the only short I don't own.

They said they are giving the short away for free

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

AlmightyBob posted:

They said they are giving the short away for free

We were supposed to get a copy of the short and the movie with the deluxe package.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

We were supposed to get a copy of the short and the movie with the deluxe package.

Yes but they didnt do the movie and are refunding everyones money so you get the short for free...

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Some dude is trying to explain stuff on the video, but there's no sound.

The stream was great though, smooth as hell.

Bill just twittered:

"So sorry re: Rifftrax Live. Yikes. Can't answer tech Qs, but @rifftrax can (eventually). Busy with ritual seppuku for remainder of night."

Kevins:

"Well hell. We had ourselves a Google-scale lockup - sorry to say no show tonight. Damned disappointed on this end. All apologies."

Plavski fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 16, 2009

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

AlmightyBob posted:

Yes but they didnt do the movie and are refunding everyones money so you get the short for free...

Ah. I thought it would be a pre-riffed copy.

Oh, well. Maybe they'll offer it as a VOD.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

http://www.rifftrax.com/live

WATCH NOW

HAHAHA

They just had the big fat tech guy come on, say he couldn't tell whether they were on air or not and blame ustream, then storm off for burgers.

Hilarious.

Update:

Back up and working.

In essence, they had problems with their server, ustream sucked for them and everyone is disappointed. They said they weren't gonna bother continuing with the broadcast if there were problems as it'd be a waste of time and upset some people. Everything is being refunded and they are gonna find another way to make it up to everyone.

They say they'll do this again some time, but his tone made it sound like it wouldn't be for a good while.

Plavski fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 16, 2009

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Glad I waited to buy the movie until I saw the short.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Watching Star Wars Episode III in place of the live riff. It's a great riff, and god what a terrible (yet visually impressive) film.

Obiwan, viewing the hologram of Anakin killing the kids: "I can't watch any more of this"

Yeah, there's a lot of that going around.

Edit: ahahahaha You're right R2, it did look like a Peep in the microwave

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 16, 2009

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has anyone heard what they're supposed to be doing for the people who paid yet? (other than the refund)

Also the movie they were supposed to be riffing is up for sale now.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Has anyone heard what they're supposed to be doing for the people who paid yet? (other than the refund)

Also the movie they were supposed to be riffing is up for sale now.
They said they would find a way to make it up to the suckersfans but didn't give any specifics.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Just watched The Happening. I knew that was one I wouldn't be able to get through on its own. I lost it at the first joke, during the opening credits. "The Haap-ning!"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Just got this email from the guys at Rifftrax.com:

Rifftrax posted:

Everyone at RiffTrax.com would like to apologize for the technical issues
that derailed our live event on Friday night. The planned live versions of
"Shake Hands With Danger" and "Planet of Dinosaurs" unfortunately were not
able to be recorded. We hope to try live events again in the future, but
will have to reevaluate the process before we go forth with another one.

We'd like to offer everyone who purchased the ticket to the live show a
bundle to make up for the canceled live program. This will consist of our
Planet of Dinosaurs video download, as well as a ten dollar RiffTrax gift
certificate, a total value of $19.95.

If you'd like to receive this compensation package, we will be issuing them
automatically within 24 hours. The files and gift certificates will be
automatically added to your account, we will send an email notification when
this has taken place. You do not have to reply to this email. If you have
already purchased Planet of Dinosaurs, we will issue you a gift certificate
for 19.95.

If you'd prefer to receive a full refund of your ticket price, please reply
to this email indicating so. Please tell us the name and email address that
the purchase was made from, and we will be able to expedite you a full
refund.

Once again, we'd like to apologize, and thank you for your patience and
dedication as a RiffTrax fan.

The RiffTrax Team

My question (which I've posted to their forum) is whether or not the short will be available as a download as well.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

drat, that extra $10 worth of Rifftrax stuff makes me wish I'd bought the tickets in the first place. Though I suppose I didn't have the disappointment everyone else did, so maybe that's better than money.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp I just received confirmation on my reimbursement package so if you bought the ticket to the show check your FILES area in your profile and the movie should be there.

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with $10 in Rifftrax bucks. Maybe I'll pick up the Star Wars Holiday special since I've never seen that.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Whelp I just received confirmation on my reimbursement package so if you bought the ticket to the show check your FILES area in your profile and the movie should be there.

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with $10 in Rifftrax bucks. Maybe I'll pick up the Star Wars Holiday special since I've never seen that.
That's probably my favourite Riff ever, I'm amazed you haven't seen it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Planet of the Dinosaurs is pretty funny.

Bill: Berry picking seems like something that aught to result in a death or two.

Mike: Cause they're poisonous?

Bill: No, because they're stupid people.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Looks like Tron is going to be the new riff coming out.

Savantegarde
May 28, 2006

That was a stupid thing to say. And you're stupid for saying it.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Looks like Tron is going to be the new riff coming out.

That's actually an iriff group called Riff Raff theater doing Tron. And its been out for a while.

Edit: oh I guess it isn't Riff Raff theater but some other people (I've never heard of) doing a rifftrax presents of Tron.

Savantegarde fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 21, 2009

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Yeah, holy poo poo get that riff immediately.

The commercials are the best part.

SQUIGGLY LINES ARE YOU INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE?!

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

I dunno about the Star Wars Holiday Special. My friends and I sat through that, and we BARELY made it, even with the outstanding Rifftrax on it. Felt like we were there for four hours instead of the two it actually was. Although the ads were outstandingly bad. They were the best part of the special. And Bea Arthur, can't forget her.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

soupcan58 posted:

I dunno about the Star Wars Holiday Special. My friends and I sat through that, and we BARELY made it,

And now you are stronger for it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Rifftrax Presents is doing Tron this week.

What's next for Mike & company?

Casablanca.

Yes, THAT Casablanca.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

Casablanca.

Yes, THAT Casablanca.
I was seconds away from posting when I thought to refresh the page before hitting submit. drat you!

I'm really not sure about this one... I tried watching the MST3k Hamlet again the other day and no matter how many times I watch it, it still doesn't work. Working on good subject material does not often make for a good riff. I still haven't managed to get through the Memento riff yet, I have to turn it off after 20 minutes. The film is too good to mock :(

I will be getting this one, for sure, but I really don't know about it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Plavski posted:

I was seconds away from posting when I thought to refresh the page before hitting submit. drat you!

I'm really not sure about this one... I tried watching the MST3k Hamlet again the other day and no matter how many times I watch it, it still doesn't work. Working on good subject material does not often make for a good riff. I still haven't managed to get through the Memento riff yet, I have to turn it off after 20 minutes. The film is too good to mock :(

I will be getting this one, for sure, but I really don't know about it.

Well, the thing with Hamlet was more the bad production than the source material.

I've never seen Casablanca (or Tron, for that matter), so this should be interesting.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

bananasinpajamas posted:

How in the world is that a big blunder?

Because they are making fun of Perry Farrell, who is NOT in Muse. Why would they bring up someone who has nothing to do with anything going on in the movie? It just doesn't make sense.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Casablanca.

Yes, THAT Casablanca.
What I'm probably most exited about with this is that you just know there's going to be at least one Overdrawn at the Memory Bank reference.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

What I'm probably most exited about with this is that you just know there's going to be at least one Overdrawn at the Memory Bank reference.
Hey Mike, could you dopple me into this?

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Emmitt Nervend posted:

Because they are making fun of Perry Farrell, who is NOT in Muse. Why would they bring up someone who has nothing to do with anything going on in the movie? It just doesn't make sense.
Perry Farrell did a song for the movie that kinda sounds like that Muse song at parts, more so if you're not a fan of either. It's a dumb mistake but it's easy to see how they could make it.

And the sample for the Casablanca riff was pretty funny, but god. The movie's so good I imagine I'd end up ignoring the jokes and just trying to watch the movie five minutes in, even after having seen it a million times.

Extortionist fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 27, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Plavski posted:

Hey Mike, could you dopple me into this?

I've only dabbled in doppling

Extortionist posted:

Perry Farrell did a song for the movie that kinda sounds like that Muse song at parts, more so if you're not a fan of either. It's a dumb mistake but it's easy to see how they could make it.

Ahh, that I did not know. That actually makes sense. They are probably making a joke about how it sounds the same. Thanks for clearing that up.

And really, it's made all the better by the fact that Ferrell's latest band, Satellite Party, ripped off songs for the entire first half of the album (maybe more, I stopped listening). That guy has become a joke in and of himself.

Emmitt Nervend fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 27, 2009

• Locked thread