Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

Slaan posted:

No, more like Ayame is into BDSM with Yoneda against his will. He is the only man that can take it at the theatre (Ogami only needed the proverbial feather on the camel's back to die). Yoneda tried to sneak out with Ogami multiple times so as to skip these tender loving sessions without rousing humiliating suspicion. It also explains the alcoholism. Well, other than the fact that Osake is the greatest drink in the world.

I beg your pardon, dear sir, I am now unable to remove the image you so thoughtfully created from my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

OH SHIIII--

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Schadenfraulein posted:

OH SHIIII--

this won't turn out well.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

[Ogami]

Yeah... I guess I'll go out with Tsubaki-chan and the others.
Now that THAT'S decided... better head to the Secretarial Office.

----
[Ogami]

... because with Tsubaki and the others, I can avoid getting ganged-up on for turning them down. But-- poo poo, wait, Ayame's my boss, so my rear end is grass if I tell her that I'm running off with THREE girls instead, but on the OTHER hand, Tsubaki and the others will...

[Kohran]

Ah, Ogami-han, Ah was jes' lookin' fer ya! So, someone's been tellin' me that ya got a dilemma on yer hands, huh?

[Ogami]

[Kohran]

Okay, fine, so Ah heard that ya got a dilemma on yer hands. From my extensive network of hidden cameras an' listenin' equipment. Same thing.

[Ogami]

Well... yeah. Why do you-

[Kohran]

Because Ah already got th' perfect solution! BEHOLD!!

[Ogami]

... Kohran? You're... you're brandishing a chainsaw. Please don't tell me that you're going to--

[Kohran]

drat straight it is! Hell, I even got express permission from th' Manager! Haven't ya ever wanted t' be in two places at once, Ogami-han?

[Ogami]

Yeah, but those two places'll be "on the floor, bleeding my eviscerated guts out," which would defeat the entire purpose!! And WHY is your chainsaw named the Cock of Science!?

[Kohran]

That's 'cause y'all need t' sit back, relax, and jes' let th' Cock of Science--

[Ogami]

Look, you really don't need to finish that sentence.

[Kohran]

-- usher in a new dawn of super science wit' a great big cockle-doodle-doo~!

[Ogami]

... oh.

[Kohran]

Well, that and it's also kinda shaped like a... y'know.

[Ogami]

RIGHT, thank you, I get it, now can you PLEASE put down that chainsaw and stop trying to cut me in haaaaAAAAAARGHHIBLEARGHBLKGH--

----

[Ogami]

Yeah, that's right. So... where're we going?

[Yuri]

There, there... don't worry about that. In any case, it's a place where you need to be right now, Ogami-san.

----
[Ogami]

The hospital? Please? This really shouldn't be physically possible.

[Yuri]

Hahaha, no, of course n--

[Yuri]

... you know, there's something different about you, but I can't put my finger on it.

[Kasumi]

Now that you mention it, he seems paler than usual...

[Tsubaki]

Are you alright, Ogami-san?

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

I'm... I'm feeling just peachy.

[Tsubaki]

Well, if you say so, Ogami-san!

----

[Kasumi]

Now then-- shall we get going? Come on, Ogami-san, you're coming, too.

[Ogami]

Ah... o-okay.

----
[Yuri]

Hey, isn't that Ayame-san walking down the stairs over there?

[Kasumi]

Oh my, you're right! And she seems to be accompanied by someone who looks suspiciously li--

[Ogami]

Ha ha ha oh man we'd better hurry or else we'll miss our vaguely-defined form of transportation and won't that be a shame so please just WALK FASTER YOU GUYS.

----

On the plus side, Ogami can now get some strategical planning done, as he can hear out the theater girls AND Ayame all at the same time. So, as such, the various sacrifices that he's had to make are made very much worth--

-- never mind. I take it all back.

[Yuri]

We've finally gotten the chance to come to the Flower Mansion Amusement Park, so we've gotta have fun!!

[Ogami]

But, I've got to...

[Kasumi]

We know. But... we're here BECAUSE it's a time like this.
If you don't slow down, you won't be able to think up anything worthwhile. A change of mood is also important, isn't it?

----
[Ogami]

But, but, Manager Yoneda's going to kill me if he finds out that I'm goofing off!

[Kasumi]

Don't worry, Ogami-san. We've already convinced him to give you the afternoon off.

[Yuri]

Yup. He was surprisingly receptive to the idea, too, so it wasn't THAT hard.

[Ogami]

... huh. Well, if that's the case, then I guess--

[Ogami]

Wait... he didn't call Kohran in immediately afterward, did he?

[Tsubaki]

Bingo! How in the world did you guess?

[Ogami]

I had a feeling. So THAT'S why Kohran got permission to gut me like a fish. Alright, but what about the Imperial Capital itself and the welfare of all its citizens?

[Kasumi]

Ogami-san... have we EVER cared about any of that before?

[Ogami]

No, but what about the demons who're poised to kill everyone?

[Yuri]

What about them?

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

... well, poo poo, I really can't argue with that logic, can I.

----

[Tsubaki]

C'mon~, let's hurry up and go! We've got to go on all the rides at least once!

[Ogami]

Y-Yeah...

(INSERT BOY CRASHING INTO OGAMI SOUNDS HERE.)

[Boy]

What's with those guys!? The Imperial Assault Force doesn't EVER lose!!

[Ogami]

Wh-What!?

----
[Ogami]

What the hell has this kid been smoki--

[Yuri]

Hush!

----

[Boy]

Well, they... they're saying that the Imperial Assault Force lost!
And that it was all over the newspapers' special editions... but... that's just-! That's gotta be a lie!!

[Ogami]

Grk... th, that's...

[Kasumi]

(Ogami-san... leave this to us.)

And then the boy was surrounded by attractive young women.

Granted, from his point of view, he might simply be surrounded by carriers of cooties, but that's neither here nor there.

[Kasumi]

Well, you see... it's true that the Imperial Assault Force lost that last battle.

[Boy]

Eh...? So it's true...

[Kasumi]

But the people in the Imperial Assault Force won't give up. They'll fight one more time.

----
[Ogami]

We will?

[Kasumi]

Shhhh!!

----

[Tsubaki]

Hey, the Imperial Assault Force has always fought for our sakes, hasn't it?

----
[Ogami]

We have?

[Tsubaki]

OGAMI-SAN!

[Ogami]

I know, I know! I just can't help but feel that we're overloading his brain with hilariously inaccurate propaganda!

----

[Boy]

Yeah...

[Yuri]

Don't tell me that you've come to hate the Imperial Assault Force over just one loss?

[Boy]

Like I'll ever hate them!! Because when I grow up, I'm going to join the Imperial Assault Force!

Y'know, I don't know what's worse: the fact that no one's ever had the heart to tell him that the Flower Brigade is (mostly) an all-woman brigade...

[Boy]

So... I'll never hate them or anything like that!

... or the fact that no one's told him that the Imperial Assault Force has probably done more damage to the Imperial Capital than any of the demons ever will. :smith:

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Well...

And lo, Ogami looked the boy straight in the eye and was utterly floored by the complete honesty and steel-hard resolution he saw contained within. Ogami's small, shriveled, and frighteningly-scarred heart grew three sizes that day!

... so much so, in fact, that he saw a desperate way out of this hellish mess began feeling quite charitable!

[Ogami]

D'you want to take my place as captain? If you're fine with it, I'll swap with you.

[Kasumi]

O-Ogami-san!? What are you saying!?

[Boy]

... d-don't tell me! You're...

----
[Ogami]

C'mon c'mon c'mon say yes c'mon c'mon c'mon c--

[Boy]

A cyborg!

[Ogami]

... so close. And yet... so, so far.

----

[Boy]

You're the theater's ticket-taker! That's right, isn't it! I remember you!!

[Ogami]

Eek!? Ah... well, that IS true, but...

[Boy]

You don't get it, huh? I was talking about the ASSAULT Force- the allies of justice.

Not the theatrical troupe. Remember, Assault Force and Theatrical Troupe are homonyms in Japanese.

[Boy]

There's no way I'd want to become a ticket-taker! Honestly...

----
[Ogami]

Take it from me, kid... some days, you really can't have your cake and eat it too.

[Ogami]

OTHER days, someone WILL let you have your cake and eat it too, but only if you let that someone ram an iron-toed boot straight up the rear end that your life has become.

[Boy]

[Boy]

You said a dirty word!

[Ogami]

... yeah. Yeah, I did.

----

[Yuri]

Right, I got it! Big sister will tell the Imperial Assault Troupe to win the next battle!

[Boy]

Really!? You're all good friends with the Imperial Assault Force, big sis!?

[Boy]

Okay! I got it!! I'll go tell everyone! Thanks, big sis!!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 9, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

[Ogami]

Aah, that's true. Above all else, we can't ruin these kids' dreams, huh.

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Wait, did he just say that he'd go tell everyone about what you'd just told him, or about your "secret"?

[Yuri]

C'mon now, it doesn't really matter, does it, Ogami-san? The important thing is that we cheered him up!

[Yuri]

Besides, we called in some sniper ninjas to trail him and "befriend him" if his lips really ARE that loose--

[Ogami]

Wait, you did WH--

BANG!

[Yuri]

Welp, problem solved!

[Ogami]

I... I guess it is.

----

[Tsubaki]

The Flower Mansion's amusement park rides are waiting for us!

----

[Ogami]

Yeah, that's true. Let's just have as much fun as we can today.

----

Well, I guess we don't even get a montage out of the deal.

[Yuri]

We haven't had this much fun since, what, the end of last year?

[Tsubaki]

Ahahahahah! It's still New Year's Day!! Doesn't that mean that all we've been doing has been playing around?
Alrighty then! What should we ride next?

[Kasumi]

Well, it's already about time to wrap things up... we'll have to make this our last one, okay?
We've got to return to the Imperial Capital and help prepare dinner, after all.

[Tsubaki]

Oka~y, got it~!!

----
[Ogami]

Oh, good, this shouldn't be too bad, then. Hey, guys, how about we--

----

----

----

[Ogami]

Hm, let's see. In that case...

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

... wait. No. No, gently caress this.

[Tsubaki]

O-Ogami-san? What's the m--

[Ogami]

gently caress these goddammn path splits! I'm not splitting myself into loving THIRDS! KASUMI! How much time do we have?

[Kasumi]

B-Barely half an hour, if we-

[Ogami]

Right! Each of you gets ten minutes with me! Each! Tsubaki? Go get tickets. Yuri? Go rent a boat. Kasumi? Call the theater and tell them to order some motherfucking pizza, we're going to be a bit late.

[Kasumi]

But--

[Ogami]

Chop chop! You guys dragged me out, so we're playing this by my rules for once in my freaking life!! Got it!?

[Theater Girls]

Y-Yessir...?

[Ogami]

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

[Theater Girls]

SIR! YES, SIR!

[Ogami]

Right then. Now let's go have some motherfucking fun.

----

----

[Tsubaki]

Eheheh... let's go then, Ogami-san.

Well, that WOULD help explain why Tsubaki looks so utterly frightened by Ogami.

[Tsubaki]

Um... Ogami-san. I'm... kind of afraid of heights, so...
It's alright if we stay like this until we get off, right?

[Ogami]

Aah, of course. But... if you're afraid of heights, then why go on the ferris wheel?

[Tsubaki]

Um... actually, I had a dream where I'm riding the ferris wheel with someone- just the two of us.
And up until now... I hadn't met with someone who I could do it with. But now...

[Ogami]

Tsubaki-chan...

----
[Tsubaki]

I still haven't met someone who I could do it with, but you're about the closest thing the theater has to a man, so I didn't want to wait any longer. Teehee.

[Ogami]

T-Tsubaki-chan...

----

(RUMBLE.)

[Ogami]

Are you okay, Tsubaki-chan!?

[Ogami]

Tsubaki-chan...

As usual, we've got three choices here: we could 1) Take advantage (?) of Tsubaki, 2) Comfort Tsubaki, or...

... 3) Traumatize Tsubaki for life.

To be honest, it wasn't a very difficult decision to make, but that may be due to the fact that I am a horrible human being.

[Ogami]

Whatever you do, don't look down! If you look down right now, it'll be even scarier!!

----

[Ogami]

That's why I told you not to look!

[Tsubaki]

O-Of course I'll look down if you say something like that...! Ogami-san... you're mean...

[Ogami]

S-Sorry... I was trying to make you feel better...

----
[Ogami]

... but drat if it didn't make ME feel better!

[Tsubaki]

[Ogami]

... s-sorry.

----

[Ogami]

Ah... Tsubaki-chan. We've come down pretty far. You should be okay now.

[Tsubaki]

O-Okay... if that's the case, then...
Eheheh... I wanted to ride with you, Ogami-san, so I really did my best.

[Ogami]

I see...

[Tsubaki]

And you know what...? That's why I think you'll be okay, Ogami-san.
I mean, even I could do my best to ride the ferris wheel with you, Ogami-san.
If it's you... I'm sure you can beat this new enemy. Because I... have faith in you.

[Ogami]

Thank you, Tsubaki-chan. I understand that if I do my best... I'll be able to do anything.

----
[Ogami]

And I also learned that you think that fighting bloodthirsty demons from the depths of the underworld is like riding a freaking ferris wheel!!

[Tsubaki]

[Ogami]

... s-sorry, I kind of got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Both sides, to be more specific.

----

[Tsubaki]

Yes... I'm rooting for you. Be sure to win, okay?

[Ogami]

Aah... of course.

[Tsubaki]

Okay... until we get to the bottom, please let me stay like this, okay? Just a little longer...

----
[Ogami]

OKAY! WE'RE DOWN! ON TO THE NEXT WOMAN!!

[Tsubaki]

Wh-- no we're not! We're still two stories up--

[Ogami]

NO TIME, I'M JUMPING OUT!!

[Tsubaki]

Wh-- no! Ogami-san, don't leave me here! I'm afraid of heights! OGAMI-SAAAAAN!!

----

----

[Kasumi]

Ogami-san, if you would like to accompany me, then certainly, by all means.

(SOME TIME LATER...)

[Kasumi]

What are you saying at such a time? Ogami-san, you said that you wished to take a short break as well, didn't you?

[Ogami]

B-But...

Huh.

I guess only Kasumi is cool enough to get the panoramic scene. Heck, even AYAME doesn't get one.

[Kasumi]

Hmhm... it's perfectly fine. After all, we were the ones who forced you to come along with us today.
Also... sitting like this helps me settle down.

[Ogami]

I-Is that so...

[Kasumi]

As the captain of the Flower Division, you are always pushing yourself, aren't you, Ogami-san? So...
When it's just the two of us, it's alright to let me pamper you once in a while.

[Ogami]

Kasumi-kun...

If there's one thing I regret about this scene, it's that I ended up going for (what is probably) the most boring answer.

[Ogami]

Thank you... I feel much more at ease when you say that.

[Kasumi]

Hmhmhm... you're very welcome. Things like this ARE the most I can do for you, after all.

[Kasumi]

So... I just thought that I can at least help support you, Ogami-san.

[Ogami]

No, well... you just haven't noticed. That you've been of great help to me.
See... right now, you've been worrying for my sake, haven't you?

[Kasumi]

Ogami-san... you really ARE kind, aren't you.

[Ogami]

No... it's all because of you, Kasumi-kun. Really... thank you.

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

... yes, Kasumi-kun, that's... that's super.

[Kasumi]

I'm not done yet, Ogami-san.

----

[Kasumi]

And people believe that only they are able to understand themselves.
So... first, please think of yourself as your own ally, and believe in yourself.
Watching you doing your best will resonate with everyone else, and give them strength...
Do not lose those people who believe in you... it'll be good enough if you give it your all.

And thus were fortune cookies invented.

[Ogami]

I see... so the important thing is to believe in myself. Believing in myself and doing my best... huh.
Thank you, Kasumi-kun. I feel like the burden on my shoulders has gotten lighter.

[Ogami]

Ah, sure. What do you need?

[Kasumi]

When I get tired... please allow me to rest my head on your lap, okay...?

Aaaand pan up.

NEXT TIME: Yuri's scene, Ayame's scene, and Ogami's grand master plan all get revealed!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 9, 2013

DoublePLayer
May 6, 2008

by Shine

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

Oh god, this made my day!

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

[Tsubaki]

[Ogami]

[Tsubaki]

But this made my next week!

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

Aaaand pan up.
Hey, it's the "discrete-let's-look-elsewhere-while-our-heroes-gently caress" shot!

That's.. that's actually kind of disturbing, actually.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Excellent, if disturbing update. ... But disturbing is par for the course in this game.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

quote:

And I also learned that you think that fighting bloodthirsty demons from the depths of the underworld is like riding a freaking ferris wheel!!

Hey, hey hey! Have you ever been on the tallest ferris wheel in the world? Have ya? I thought not! Why? Because you were too loving scared thats why!

Ferris wheels haunt me dreams...

Oh, and since when did the theater have an amusement park behind it?

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Oh, you are a terrible, wretched human being, sirrah.

I could kiss you. I really could :)

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Y'know one of my favorite things about this LP?

It mixes up its gimmicks within the accepted framework. We don't just get robot duplicate, take 2. I laughed from basically the Paint "Not a Cyborg" on.

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

Spirit Armor posted:

That's way too scary for a family-friendly LP. Consider yourself PG-13'd young man! :mad:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I've been extremely sick all week, and I really needed a good, hard laugh today.

Thank you, Spirit Armor. Thank you. That was beautiful.

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

gently caress these goddammn path splits! I'm not splitting myself into loving THIRDS! KASUMI! How much time do we have?

[Kasumi]

[Ogami]

Right! Each of you gets ten minutes with me! Each! Tsubaki? Go get tickets. Yuri? Go rent a boat. Kasumi? Call the theater and tell them to order some motherfucking pizza, we're going to be a bit late.
----

Oh god, I couldn't stop laughing. Finally Ogami got some balls. HELL YES.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Aren't we, like, supposed to be dating Maria? I recall there was some big kerfuffle about that earlier, about who to date.... whatever happened to that?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Camel Pimp posted:

Aren't we, like, supposed to be dating Maria? I recall there was some big kerfuffle about that earlier, about who to date.... whatever happened to that?

Don't you have an LP you should be updating? :colbert:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Spirit Armor posted:

And WHY is your chainsaw named the Cock of Science!?

Yeah, I'm still laughing from that one. Brilliant update, brilliant thread, and one of the reasons I registered.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
The Ogami School of Thought:

If you need to make a decision, just screw thinking and do everything at once.. even if you have to become a cyborg or jump off a ever loving ferris wheel

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

lishan1988 posted:

The Ogami School of Thought:

If you need to make a decision, just screw thinking and do everything at once.. even if you have to become a cyborg or jump off a ever loving ferris wheel

We can curse in these here parts, pal. Feel free to say "loving" all the gently caress you loving want.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I... don't really think he was swearing. Ever-loving is a legitimate expression. It's gently caress and plaing "loving" that you want to watch out for.

Anyhow, thanks for showing us everything in these branching parts, Spirit Armor. Sonething like this... really must be shared in its entirety.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Thuryl posted:

Don't you have an LP you should be updating? :colbert:

This is an aside, but I'd like to say you're a bastard.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

The fact that Ogami managed to grow a pair is even more impressive when you remember that there's only half of him present.

Also, remind me again why we didn't choose Kohran?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Obvious question: Does the boy grow up to become someone later? In 3 or 4?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

resurgam40 posted:

I... don't really think he was swearing. Ever-loving is a legitimate expression. It's gently caress and plaing "loving" that you want to watch out for.

Anyhow, thanks for showing us everything in these branching parts, Spirit Armor. Sonething like this... really must be shared in its entirety.

Yeah, you're right. In reading the post several times to make sure I wasn't leaping at nothing, I somehow still managed to overlook "ever" each and every time. My apologies.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

resurgam40 posted:

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Yeah, you're right. In reading the post several times to make sure I wasn't leaping at nothing, I somehow still managed to overlook "ever" each and every time. My apologies.

Sorry for causing any confusion... it was just an expression and wasn't swearing. For some reason, when I read my own comment I also seem to miss the "ever".

Also... "he"..lol...

AmadeusVonBlastoise
Jul 4, 2008

AMADEUS AMADEUS
~DO~DO~
~DO~DO~
How dare you mistreat that simple lesbian like that. You, sir, are no gentlemen. That this whole experience was generally in the realm of our currently excepted levels of bizzarre has no bearing. Ah hell, it was funny.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Once again another good post Spirit Armor.

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

[Tsubaki]

[Ogami]

[Kasumi]

[Ogami]

[Kasumi]

But--

[Ogami]

Chop chop! You guys dragged me out, so we're playing this by my rules for once in my freaking life!! Got it!?

[Theater Girls]

Y-Yessir...?

[Ogami]

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

[Theater Girls]

SIR! YES, SIR!

[Ogami]

----
This made me Loled so hard I almost wet myself.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Cock of Science ref was genius---Kohran would get along just fine in T,AZ, come to think of it.

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."

Allen Wren posted:

The Cock of Science ref was genius---Kohran would get along just fine in T,AZ, come to think of it.
Oh, it's a reference? To what?

Bettik
Jan 28, 2008

Space-age Rock Star
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooly poo poo 106 pages is a lot of catching up.

But it's done now.

Spirit Armour - this is rather an amazing LP you've got here. I am very impressed you've managed to keep the banter consistently amusing.

I must confess though that as I read on through the pages and found people saying things like 'Phew! Just caught up and now it seems I am going to have to wait!' I chuckled, figuring I'd be spared that fate.

Whelp...

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

GoodShipNostalgia posted:

Oh, it's a reference? To what?

Templar, Arizona. Webcomic.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
loving finally. Reading through this thread has been an amazing journey. An awesome journey, don't get me wrong - but mannn. You have way more patience than I've ever had.

And now, I have to wait for updates just like everyone else. :(

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Slaan posted:

Oh, and since when did the theater have an amusement park behind it?

It's actually at the Flower Mansion, which is a different branch of the Imperial Assault Force. Rather than hide behind a theater, THEY hide behind an amusement park.

Sadly, there are no hidden launch pads for gigantic superweapons. Yet.

ZeeToo posted:

Y'know one of my favorite things about this LP?

It mixes up its gimmicks within the accepted framework. We don't just get robot duplicate, take 2. I laughed from basically the Paint "Not a Cyborg" on.

... y'know, I had to sit back and wonder when this LP got to the point where chainsawing a person in half and grafting his component parts onto a toaster machinery bits and parts is within ANY acceptable framework.

But then I remember that this LP's long since passed THAT moral event horizon AGES ago, and go back to following the impending end of the world in Sakura Wars.

Dominic Hokage posted:

That's way too scary for a family-friendly LP. Consider yourself PG-13'd young man!

gently caress!

Also, the original version had Cyborgami with an actual pupil in his eye.

That lasted for all of thirty seconds.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I've been extremely sick all week, and I really needed a good, hard laugh today.

Thank you, Spirit Armor. Thank you. That was beautiful.

Glad to hear that! And, uh, hope you're feeling better?

Oetker posted:

Oh god, I couldn't stop laughing. Finally Ogami got some balls. HELL YES.

Well, to be fair, it's not like Ogami has much else to LOSE. When does he EVER?

Camel Pimp posted:

The last time we saw her, Ogami slapped her hard across the face. She liked it.

... yeeeeeah.

resurgam40 posted:

Yeah... it's a little boring and vanilla when you go through one girl's scene.

Trying to pull enough justification (for a given value of sanity) to show all FOUR scenes? Much more fun.

Warcabbit posted:

Obvious question: Does the boy grow up to become someone later? In 3 or 4?

Nope. These are some of the extra scenes they added just for the remake, so.

Allen Wren posted:

Templar, Arizona. Webcomic.

Yeah, I didn't even KNOW where the Cock of Science thing first came from-- I just vaguely remember being traumatized by a shot of it earlier in the thread and ran with it.

"Bettik posted:

I must confess though that as I read on through the pages and found people saying things like 'Phew! Just caught up and now it seems I am going to have to wait!' I chuckled, figuring I'd be spared that fate.

Whelp...

Yeah... you'll probably only be spared that fate when the end of the FIFTH game rolls around. Assuming that I can hold on to my drive and/or sanity for that lone.

Roar posted:

loving finally. Reading through this thread has been an amazing journey. An awesome journey, don't get me wrong - but mannn. You have way more patience than I've ever had.

And now, I have to wait for updates just like everyone else.

POWER OVERWHELMING.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Odds seem pretty good that 5 will be out in english, for well over six months, before you get to it (maybe even before you finish the first game).

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
Oh God...I just spent the past week and a half reading all 106 pages...this LP is awesome, Spirit Armor. Great job!

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

[Tsubaki]

[Ogami]

[Kasumi]

[Ogami]

[Kasumi]

But--

[Ogami]

[Theater Girls]

Y-Yessir...?

[Ogami]

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

[Theater Girls]

SIR! YES, SIR!

[Ogami]

----

[Ogami]

[Tsubaki]

[Ogami]

[Tsubaki]

----

These really made my night. I'm trying not to wake everyone else up by laughing too hard at these...

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007
At first I wondered why 5 was coming out in English and not 1-2, then I remembered Iris.

Yeah, that'd be bad.

Grunduggerer fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 21, 2009

Sennamontoya
Dec 31, 2008

Grunduggerer posted:

At first I wondered why 5 was coming out in English and not 1-2, then I remembered Iris.

Yeah, that'd be bad.

Do you realize how many loli fans are out there? 0.0

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grunduggerer posted:

Yeah, that'd be bad.

Haha, you poor bastard. You think Sakura Taisen V doesn't have an Iris. (It does. She is a Mexican Gunslinger too.)

Besides, you forgot that they released Ar Tonelico in the US, which has far, far, faaaaar worse then anything Sakura Taisen ever could. Seriously.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 22, 2009

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show

Grunduggerer posted:

Yeah, that'd be bad.

PA-KYUUN

Click here for the full 408x640 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Haha, you poor bastard. You think Sakura Taisen V doesn't have an Iris. (It does. She is a Mexican Gunslinger too.)

Besides, you forgot that they released Ar Tonelico in the US, which has far, far, faaaaar worse then anything Sakura Taisen ever could. Seriously.

Oh jeez, Ar Tonelico's the game that killed my enthusiasm for the JRPG genre.

The innuendo gave my brain an aneurysm and I just gave up after finishing part 1. I just gave up...

• Locked thread