Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banannana
Aug 12, 2007

Are you my mummy?
Thanks everybody, it is definitely Out of this World, and it's looking like Dare to Dream is the other one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

Corkadile posted:

It was for the SNES. I pretty sure it starred Mickey Mouse. You explored this castle and played minigames. One of these games was a Tetris-like game featuring Goofy.

I remember this game, because I used to rent it all the drat time for some reason. It's Mickey's Ultimate Challenge.

RC Demoral
Feb 18, 2007
Ok, I have one, this is an older game:

You played as... earth fighting the martians in a space sim. It would have a system view where you'd build fighters and such, and when you fought you'd take control. The graphics must have been really bad, probably early 90's?

All I remember is you finally defeat them, but the game would keep on going. After a looong amount of days, the martians would come back with a HUGE FUCKOFF ARMADA. I just remember having not saved, saying WTF and quitting.

That game was fun as hell.

Kite Ryagara
Jun 28, 2008

by Peatpot
Here's a challenge, I played this game a long while back and can't remember for the life of me what it was called or any of the character names. All I remember is the beginning.

At the start of the game you wake up in some sort of space station thing with mutated zombies, these zombies being regular looking people with green moldy stuff on them. It's a third person game and your main character, shortly after finding the zombies, discovers he also has the weird mold on himself as well. For the beginning sections this man, who has amnesia, is accompanied by a tiny little robot that helps him solve various puzzles around the area to advance. Eventually the robot dies and I think the amnesiac finds a girl who agrees to help him out as they find their way around the space station-like environment.

That's where the memories end, I can't remember anything else, not even what platform it was on (though obviously a platform that could support 3D graphics, and it certainly looked old so it definitely isn't within the past 3 or 4 years.

Edit: vv Frickin yes! Thanks a lot.

Kite Ryagara fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 29, 2009

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Kite Ryagara posted:

Here's a challenge, I played this game a long while back and can't remember for the life of me what it was called or any of the character names. All I remember is the beginning.

At the start of the game you wake up in some sort of space station thing with mutated zombies, these zombies being regular looking people with green moldy stuff on them. It's a third person game and your main character, shortly after finding the zombies, discovers he also has the weird mold on himself as well. For the beginning sections this man, who has amnesia, is accompanied by a tiny little robot that helps him solve various puzzles around the area to advance. Eventually the robot dies and I think the amnesiac finds a girl who agrees to help him out as they find their way around the space station-like environment.

That's where the memories end, I can't remember anything else, not even what platform it was on (though obviously a platform that could support 3D graphics, and it certainly looked old so it definitely isn't within the past 3 or 4 years.
Overblood for the PSX.

Fiveace Attorney fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 29, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

RC Demoral posted:

You played as... earth fighting the martians in a space sim. It would have a system view where you'd build fighters and such, and when you fought you'd take control. The graphics must have been really bad, probably early 90's?

All I remember is you finally defeat them, but the game would keep on going. After a looong amount of days, the martians would come back with a HUGE FUCKOFF ARMADA. I just remember having not saved, saying WTF and quitting.

Probably too obvious of a guess, but... X-COM: UFO Defense?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

RC Demoral posted:

This sounds like it could be either Millenium 2.0 or Deuteros, basically the same games, only Deuteros was an updated version with nicer graphics and interface.

RC Demoral
Feb 18, 2007

Keru posted:

This sounds like it could be either Millenium 2.0 or Deuteros, basically the same games, only Deuteros was an updated version with nicer graphics and interface.

Holy crap that's it!!!!

http://www.thehouseofgames.net/index.php?t=10&id=110

Thanks!! This is totally a blast from the past. I played this in elementary school.

Corkadile
Mar 22, 2009

Panic Restaurant posted:

I remember this game, because I used to rent it all the drat time for some reason. It's Mickey's Ultimate Challenge.

I just beat this game again. It has one of the most unsatisfying endings ever.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Alright, I've been trying to remember the name of this game ever since Virtual On came out on the XBLA.

Basically, it's an arcade game where you control two sticks. You're a mech type tank and you fight one other mech type tank. It's no where near as fast as Virtual On, and again, you're more of a tank type thing, but it's still fun as gently caress and I've had many hours of good times playing it at Chuck E. Cheese.

Thank you in advance to the kind sir who helps me remember the name of this game <3

Arctic
Dec 4, 2005

pliable posted:

Alright, I've been trying to remember the name of this game ever since Virtual On came out on the XBLA.

Basically, it's an arcade game where you control two sticks. You're a mech type tank and you fight one other mech type tank. It's no where near as fast as Virtual On, and again, you're more of a tank type thing, but it's still fun as gently caress and I've had many hours of good times playing it at Chuck E. Cheese.

Thank you in advance to the kind sir who helps me remember the name of this game <3

There are a few but I bet it was T-Mek!

Click here for the full 540x700 image.

Also still looking for that Starfighter sim if anyone still knows it.

edit: Nevermind I just remembered the sim I forgot was the original Elite. Wow, can't believe I forgot that.

Arctic fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 30, 2009

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Here's what I remember:
-It was for the NES
-It was an RPG
-The title had to do with the book in the game
-The book would send your character through different points in history

At one point you're in Old West times. You need to buy dynamite to blow up a cave entrance. You figure out what cave entrance is the correct one (others just have gold or health or lives in them) by looking for a cactus with one of its arms in a different direction than the other hundred cacti.

The HELL was this game called?

Bizarro Kale
Oct 15, 2005

pliable posted:

Possibly Cyber Sled, I remember playing it a long time ago and it matches up to what you said.
Here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5GrYfOsrA0

-edit-
Apparently they came out with a PS1 version of it if you want to get hold of it.

Bizarro Kale fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 30, 2009

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Arctic posted:

There are a few but I bet it was T-Mek!

Click here for the full 540x700 image.

Nah, it wasn't T-Mek. It wasn't a two seater game. I totally remember this though, and it was pretty awesome :).

Bizarro Kale posted:

Possibly Cyber Sled, I remember playing it a long time ago and it matches up to what you said.
Here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5GrYfOsrA0

YES!! This is it! I guess it WAS a two seater game. And now I remember that it was...as I would normally play against the computer, and then some older kid would try to play against me, but I played the game so much that I always wrecked them :). Thanks a ton, Bizarro Kale!

pliable fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 30, 2009

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

FrensaGeran posted:

Here's what I remember:
-It was for the NES
-It was an RPG
-The title had to do with the book in the game
-The book would send your character through different points in history

At one point you're in Old West times. You need to buy dynamite to blow up a cave entrance. You figure out what cave entrance is the correct one (others just have gold or health or lives in them) by looking for a cactus with one of its arms in a different direction than the other hundred cacti.

The HELL was this game called?
Hate to say it but this sounds a hell of a lot like Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure.

EDIT: Close, but it's Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II. Which rules by the way.

Fiveace Attorney fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 30, 2009

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Brosef Stalin posted:

Hate to say it but this sounds a hell of a lot like Bill & Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure.

EDIT: Close, but it's Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II. Which rules by the way.

You are a hero. Thanks a lot man.

Listen Harder
Feb 21, 2008
There was a Dragonheart game I used to play. In it, there were a number of mini-games, where you could build spells, answer trivia, and run through a labyrinth (just to name a few). I cannot find anything about this game.

Anyone remember this game, or knoow where I could buy it?

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
What was the good Terminator game from a few years ago?
It was 3rd person and I think took place during the present and the future.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I used to have a game on pc where each level you were presented with a disaster or accident and had to dispatch emergency vehicles & personel (i.e firetrucks & ambulances for a wreck, and then clean up the gas on the road afterwords). It was called Emergency Forces or something, I've googled and can't find poo poo! Help!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Serious Michael posted:

What was the good Terminator game from a few years ago?
It was 3rd person and I think took place during the present and the future.

This is Terminator 3: Redemption.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I used to have a game on pc where each level you were presented with a disaster or accident and had to dispatch emergency vehicles & personel (i.e firetrucks & ambulances for a wreck, and then clean up the gas on the road afterwords). It was called Emergency Forces or something, I've googled and can't find poo poo! Help!

Probably one of the Emergency games.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

bgreman posted:

Probably one of the Emergency games.

Bingo it was Emergency 1. Thanks.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
I was watching an AVGN video and this game flashed by. It looks interesting. Anyone?

Click here for the full 1151x835 image.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

Grawl posted:

I was watching an AVGN video and this game flashed by. It looks interesting. Anyone?

Click here for the full 1151x835 image.

Eternal Champions

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I think it was a freeware game.
It took place on a space station.
I believe you had to solve math problems to get past locked doors and stuff. (So an educational game)

What is is? I remember it from a while ago.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

SereneCrimson posted:

I think it was a freeware game.
It took place on a space station.
I believe you had to solve math problems to get past locked doors and stuff. (So an educational game)

What is is? I remember it from a while ago.

Was this Math Blaster?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_Blaster

Here's a shot of one of the "boss fights:"

http://www.superkids.com/aweb/pages/reviews/math1/blaster1/mbe.gif

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

The Red Queen posted:

Was this Math Blaster?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_Blaster

Here's a shot of one of the "boss fights:"

http://www.superkids.com/aweb/pages/reviews/math1/blaster1/mbe.gif

Keep in mind that there were many different versions of Math Blaster, so it might not have looked quite like that.

As far as the "solve math problems to open doors" gameplay goes, it might also have been OutNumbered - the setting was a mad-sciencey TV station. Listen to this - if a PC speaker version of the main theme is burned into your brain, you've played OutNumbered.

Parias
Jul 17, 2000

My Generosity is again
LEGENDARY!

Here's one (ignore the dumb caption):

Apparently this was taken way back in 2001, according to the modification stamp on the file. I recall this being related to a nifty, gimmicky demo for a game where you were launched into space, landed on the moon, and was tasked with setting up automatic rovers to collect resources for you, build up a base, and do other things. The cool part was that you had to code what your rovers did; the game had a fairly simplistic programming language you could use to code the actions of your bots and automate them.

Now, 7 years later, I find myself wanting to play this game again, but have absolutely no loving clue what it was called. Google searches aren't getting me anywhere, because trying things like "PC Game Astronaut Space Moon Robot Programming" doesn't exactly result in the most precise of results. Anybody ever heard of this one?

Edit: Of course, right after I post this I finally find the game. It's Colobot. Neat.

Parias fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 21, 2009

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK, here is one of those ones that has been killing me for YEARS. I played this at roughly the same time as Doom came out (early 90's). It was a DOS game, probably some sort of shareware or freeware game I got off a BBS someplace. It may well have been a bit older than early 90's when it first came out.

The gameplay was much like Galaga, except maybe you could move up and down a bit and not just left and right. Every wave the aliens or whatever you were fighting changed to a new creature, and the graphics were either ascii (color) or just slightly better than ascii graphics. The screen did not scroll as far as I remember, except maybe scrolling up to change levels. Sometimes you fought a few big aliens, sometimes tons of little ones...

I am POSITIVE the game was called something like Wave 55 or a similar name that had the number of levels in it. It is NOT Zone 66, which looks much nicer and has a scrolling screen.

Oh my GOD would I like some help tracking this down. Never seen any sign of it on MobyGames or any abandonware site.

EDIT: gently caress me in my loving rear end. After spending TEN YEARS trying to remember this game, I find it 5 minutes after making this post. Round 42 is what I was trying to think of! Thanks to all of you for... well... for being you!

Edit again: Thanks a lot guy below me... if I hadn't just found it you would have been a lifesaver!

Hal Incandenza fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 21, 2009

Salvanis
Dec 10, 2005
Insert text here.

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK, here is one of those ones that has been killing me for YEARS. I played this at roughly the same time as Doom came out (early 90's). It was a DOS game, probably some sort of shareware or freeware game I got off a BBS someplace. It may well have been a bit older than early 90's when it first came out.

The gameplay was much like Galaga, except maybe you could move up and down a bit and not just left and right. Every wave the aliens or whatever you were fighting changed to a new creature, and the graphics were either ascii (color) or just slightly better than ascii graphics. The screen did not scroll as far as I remember, except maybe scrolling up to change levels. Sometimes you fought a few big aliens, sometimes tons of little ones...

I am POSITIVE the game was called something like Wave 55 or a similar name that had the number of levels in it. It is NOT Zone 66, which looks much nicer and has a scrolling screen.

Oh my GOD would I like some help tracking this down. Never seen any sign of it on MobyGames or any abandonware site.

Sounds like Round 42 to me. One of my favorite games back in the mid-'80s before I got an NES, although I was never very good at it.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

There was a PC RPG game I remember playing that I think was vaguely similar to Dungeon Master 1/2, but I played it shareware, and it had an in-game hint manual that apparently only unlocked fully with the full version. Any ideas or even wild guesses would be appreciated since I can't remember the name for the life of me.

FunnyFatGuy
Jan 15, 2008
A game that ive been trying to remember the name of for years i think it was a dos game. You would have pieces to build a base with on mars i think then you could place a laser in the rooms that you build. Aliens would come and attack your base and when they destroy a piece of the base your guys would be sucked out into space.

GrumpyMan
Nov 26, 2002
Big, fat party animal

GetHardHero posted:

There was an old sega genesis game that me and my brother used to play on Sega channel it was a top down shooter and there were lots of different characters you played as such as an army dude and one was a ninja. I cannot remember any more for the life of me though.

Gain Ground?

CountViceroy
Mar 20, 2009
GULLIBLE AS FUCK.
I played this great game on my cousin's PC about 10 years ago. It was like snake, with a twist.

You were the red crayon, and you were drawing while all the other crayons were drawing, and the objective was to trap them and cause them to crash whilst staying alive, killing off all the other colored crayons.

I thought it was called Killer Crayon, but I've sure never been able to find it under that name.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

CountViceroy posted:

You were the red crayon, and you were drawing while all the other crayons were drawing, and the objective was to trap them and cause them to crash whilst staying alive, killing off all the other colored crayons.

Snafu?

There were actually a lot of games like this, mobygames has a list here.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

CountViceroy posted:

I played this great game on my cousin's PC about 10 years ago. It was like snake, with a twist.

I thought it was called Killer Crayon, but I've sure never been able to find it under that name.
I think the most famous version was the Tron light cycle game, but yeah, there are tons of these.

CountViceroy
Mar 20, 2009
GULLIBLE AS FUCK.
Yeah looks like it. Thanks guys!

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
I remember seeing a game in Wal Mart back when I was about 10 or so (so about 11 years ago). It was a PC game that had something to do with caves that had giant crystals in them, which somehow either held naked women inside them, or at least had something to do with naked women.

I really don't remember many details, but it definately had something to do with crystals and nudity.

It would really make my day if someone knows that the gently caress I'm talking about.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Ez posted:

I remember seeing a game in Wal Mart back when I was about 10 or so (so about 11 years ago). It was a PC game that had something to do with caves that had giant crystals in them, which somehow either held naked women inside them, or at least had something to do with naked women.

I really don't remember many details, but it definately had something to do with crystals and nudity.

It would really make my day if someone knows that the gently caress I'm talking about.

It sounds like either Duke Nukem 3D or Shadow Warrior. It'd help if you could tell us if it was 2D or 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Grawl posted:

It sounds like either Duke Nukem 3D or Shadow Warrior. It'd help if you could tell us if it was 2D or 3D.

I never actually played it, I only remember seeing the box. I know it`s not Duke 3D or Shadow Warrior since I played those to death.

I`m pretty sure it`s 3D. I`m pretty sure the nudity was realistic too, not like in those two games. Real women with their pixelized pictures put in or something.

I`m not crazy, I know this exists.