Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
I can't believe something actually happened. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Leonard Leroy posted:

I can't believe something actually happened. What the gently caress.

Don't worry, he'll be sure that doesn't happen again for at least 6 months.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That's only like 1 issue, there'll be nothing for at least 2 years you mean.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

tsob posted:

That's only like 1 issue, there'll be nothing for at least 2 years you mean.

Don't make me look 6 months back and find plot. I bet it could be done, minuscule as it is.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
gah stop jinxing us guys with your talk about plot delays!

I just want this battle segment to be over with the next chapter so we can go on to guts and the elf kingdom.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Marathoned this whole series in the past 2 days and nights and it was so worth it goddamn this series owns :unsmith:

And that's another irregularly released series I have to wait for now :smith:

insaine
Aug 29, 2006

bondster posted:

Marathoned this whole series in the past 2 days and nights and it was so worth it goddamn this series owns :unsmith:

And that's another irregularly released series I have to wait for now :smith:

Join the sadness club.

Thing is though, releases like this in an awesome series warrant multiple read-throughs, which is never a bad thing in berserk because you go back about a year later and read it and are like:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS IS loving AWESOME

For the 3rd time+

Speaking of which I think I'm about due for another read

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
This...is gonna get gross.

GoldenNugget posted:

I just want this battle segment to be over with the next chapter so we can go on to guts and the elf kingdom.

While I am interested in the Elfhelm segment too, where we are now is probably the most pivotal part of the story yet. If Femto, SkullKnight, Zodd, and Rakshas get into an epic fight, isn't that just a little more awesome? I'm not sure I'd want that to end too quickly myself :)

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Cronus posted:

While I am interested in the Elfhelm segment too, where we are now is probably the most pivotal part of the story yet. If Femto, SkullKnight, Zodd, and Rakshas get into an epic fight, isn't that just a little more awesome? I'm not sure I'd want that to end too quickly myself :)

Sure it's awesome, I'm just so sick of seeing Griffith and Guts is more awesome!

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
I want Guts to fall in from the sky and join the battle. I don't care if it doesn't make sense.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only logical ending would be:

Once they make it to Elfhelm the rest of Guts' party is going to die or get trapped in a painting. Guts will then make his way to the Elfhelm castle. Just as Guts opens the door it will suck him in and he will think to himself "How many times have I made this journey?". Once he awakens we'll see a 15 year old Guts reach to his neck and touch the Egg of the King. Thinking to himself "I've always had this," he will then step forward and challenge Bazuso.

Can't think of a better way to end something that I have poured so many years of my time into...

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Solice Kirsk posted:

Once they make it to Elfhelm the rest of Guts' party is going to die or get trapped in a painting. Guts will then make his way to the Elfhelm castle. Just as Guts opens the door it will suck him in and he will think to himself "How many times have I made this journey?". Once he awakens we'll see a 15 year old Guts reach to his neck and touch the Egg of the King. Thinking to himself "I've always had this," he will then step forward and challenge Bazuso.

Can't think of a better way to end something that I have poured so many years of my time into...

The only logical ending would be the "gently caress you" ending from the Dark Tower?

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Zodd's horn is OUT OF CONTROL

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Niddhogg posted:

The only logical ending would be the "gently caress you" ending from the Dark Tower?

Yep, I almost threw the drat book across the room when I read that ending. I put it off for a couple of days because one of my friends told me that the ending would piss me off and for some reason I still read it. The big difference was that I always knew the Dark Tower series was going to have an ending (no matter how enraging), unfortunately we don't have that kind of promise from Berserk.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can think of something just to piss off everyone:

Remember that little happy song and war scene with the rape and murder? Yea, the Elves do that to the entire crew and now they can't stop Griffith's onslaught. Which they never see since, hell, let's have the Skull Knight kill him too, ending the two greatest egos on earth whose little argument about Caska's rape is causing untold amounts of death as they both kill everything that stands in their ways.

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
So, a summary for 304 is up. RAW is out as well.

Rough translation (in progress): Basically, SK's strike hit Ganishka and cut him in half because Femto distorted space, using his powers to avoid the blow. Ganishka turns into light, which is what he longed for. Ganishka's light wraps the world, and a new world appears.

Miura also notes that this chapter (Falconia) is pretty much near an end.

Pretty epic stuff. Next episode is due June 12.

edit: removed bullshit rumor

Cronus fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 19, 2009

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

OnimaruXLR posted:

Man I'm gonna be real disappointed if that drat sword doesn't have SOME kind of effect, after all this frickin' time.

gently caress
gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress FUUUUUUCK
DAMMIT
RRRRGH
still at least something interesting happened but gently caress

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was listening to Demons & Wizards when BAM Skull Knight out of nowhere. Pretty drat climatic.

What the hell is Idol Master or something anyway that Miura is addicted to?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Elentor posted:

You don't want to know, unless you really want to kill your mental image of Miura.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Elentor posted:

I was listening to Demons & Wizards when BAM Skull Knight out of nowhere. Pretty drat climatic.

I think its a 360 game where girls sing and giggle and stuff, not exactly sure...

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
You guys make it sound as if im@s is all bad. At least it's better than tohou.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

OnimaruXLR posted:

Except the worst part of Touhou is the fandom, that's just part of the fandom. Idolmaster is legitimately bad on its own :ssh:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Zorak posted:

You don't want to know, unless you really want to kill your mental image of Miura.

Funnily enough, the Idolmaster thing just confirmed my suspicions about Miura. At some points in Berserk there was just too much demon/troll rape going on, to a point where I started wondering if the author actually wanted the readers to get appalled/angry or if he just enjoyed drawing those things... Yes those demons raped all those women - we get it. No need to show us in sickening detail. To be fair, scenes like that aren't nearly as common now - perhaps it's thanks to Idolmaster letting him vent his frustrations? And yes, I believe Idolmaster is that bad.

I'm not calling Miura a freak here, it's just that the comic goes overboard at times, and I find it much more enjoyable to watch Guts cleave things in half than trolls impregnating women. Partly because of this, I find the anime superior to the manga, and I hope we get a second season sometime.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 19, 2009

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

OnimaruXLR posted:

Lets take this in a case by case basis shall we?

Touhou Fan base: Horrible
Vs
IM@S fan base: Horrible
Winner: Tie

Touhou fan made stuff: Good/Bad
Vs
IM@S fan made stuff: Good/Bad
Winner: Tie

Touhou games: Good if you are into hell shooters
Vs
IM@S games: good if you are into singing underage girls
Winner: Touhou games.

Sorry to haaate~
And sorry about the stupid derail.

But I am very happy and sad that Berserk will end soon. At least we will have a resolution!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ElMaligno posted:

But I am very happy and sad that Berserk will end soon. At least we will have a resolution!
Maybe I'm losing track of what is satire on this page and what is not, but what? Miura seemingly said that the Falconia chapter is coming to an end soon, which makes sense if you consider the latest few chapters, not that the manga was ending soon.

Tentaviely speaking, it looks like Berserk is actually going to get going at a decent pace once again...

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
He is referring to the Chapter of Falconia which has been the story arc for several years now. In his mail to SK.net he indicated the series at this point is about 60% done.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

OnimaruXLR posted:

For a second there I thought you meant the bullet hell vertical shooters. Those are rad.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

OnimaruXLR posted:

But...that video is awesome....what are you trying to say here?

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008
Welp something happened... I'm just not sure what.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

So...Skull Knight enabled Femto's will?

:X

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Gvaz posted:

But...that video is awesome....what are you trying to say here?

I agree. What exactly is wrong with this?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The video was an example of a good thing coming from Idolmaster.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Ok yeah I think that chapter was awesome. Appears that this is the biggest event that has yet happened.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Renoistic posted:

I find the anime superior to the manga
Now that's just silly.

Glad to see actual development for once. And no 2-page spread of Griffith this chapter?? What gives??

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like how Femto just grabs a rent in space-time like it's no big thing and applies it to Ganishka's face instead of his back.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
I hope this means we get to see Guts next chapter. It feels like its been years since he's shown up in his own story.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Jimmybob posted:

I hope this means we get to see Guts next chapter. It feels like its been years since he's shown up in his own story.

yeah.

About the lastest chapter, what the hell is happening with the light that's dissolving everyone or whatever?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

GoldenNugget posted:

yeah.

About the lastest chapter, what the hell is happening with the light that's dissolving everyone or whatever?

Astral Plane is merging with the physical I suppose. No longer are pockets like that troll hive bleeding over sporadically, they're apart of the physical plane now I would guess.

I decided to come back since we appear to be on an actual release schedule now. :toot:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn't that what Femto was trying to do in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So I've been reading The Brick Testament and I've decided the only thing as violent as Berserk is the old Testament. The book of Joshua can be summarized as "God's chosen people commit genocide." See the bible chapter entitled Seven Cities Massacred.

Also David at one point gets a gets a genuine rouge's gallery of Berserk-like fighters to follow him around. Truly as it has been done, it shall be done; there is nothing new under the sun.