Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Actually, has anyone got a Nike Pro top? Best place to buy?

Edit:

Looking at

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?cou...321/pgid-159323

but

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT027871/Nike_Core_Tight_Short_Sleeved_Tees.htm

is £6 less... seems like it's too cheap and might be fake?

luvd_ fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janis Sprukts
Sep 22, 2003

Do the Gundam on Acropolis.
Uma Uma dance the Cosmopolis.
Kage Bunshin the Populace.
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/09/10-kits/bolton-wanderers-09/10-home-reebok-kit.html

i can't decide if this is the worst thing ever or if it's creative enough to buy, but i already plan on getting the yellow and gray atrocity of an away shirt from this year

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

moocowou posted:

That is the worst Premier League kit I have ever seen. It's absolutely disgusting.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

They're actually going to wear that?

It's horrible and I hope they get relegated.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Reminds me of this classic gem:

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Ka0 posted:

Reminds me of this classic gem:

haha, there is no way they weren't completely seriously thinking barcodes were a good design model when they made that

Private Snowball
Jul 22, 2007

Ride the Snide

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

Heads up for anyone who uses Subside Sports to order kits and such, which is here: http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/index.jsp

I don't know if they deliver to the USA but it's a cracking site all in all for people from the UK. They've got a 20% off sale on at the moment on everything except any brand new 09-10 stock - just enter 'SEASONSALE' as the discount code. It says it on the front page too.

I've ordered from them and I plan to order from them whenever I need anything else. I'm in Canada and it was no hassle at all so if you are in the USA don't hesitate to order.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

luvd posted:

Are these real? That seems like too good a price.

Also, am I gonna look like a dick with a long sleeved one?

It's end of season, as I alluded the Chelsea Megastore is doing the adult home shirts for £15 or £20, most places have fairly major sales on to clear obsolete kit.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

real_scud posted:

There's a few other sites like that and the general consensus is that they're all actually legit shirts, they just get them directly from the manufacturing plants so they're retardedly cheap. Think I know whenever I have to get my next jersey that's for damned sure.

I just like that they're called Soccer Triads. That's remarkably brazen of them.

I haven't been in the market for a new shirt for awhile. I missed out on the big USMNT sale because I was actually at the Columbus qualifier while it was going on, I'm current on Revs (thanks, crazy Marshall's/TJ Maxx sale!), and I haven't really been seduced by any of Arsenal's offerings since the Highbury commemorative jersey.

Speaking of crazy sale, any Toronto FC fans want longsleeve away jerseys? My local TJ Maxx has 'em for $25. I'd be happy to grab n' ship; PM me.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

luvd posted:

Are these real? That seems like too good a price.

Also, am I gonna look like a dick with a long sleeved one?

Yeah they're real, I got a Milan long sleeved (only Milan home they had left) and I do indeed look a prick.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
State of this;

gently caress it

ICA fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 17, 2009

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.
Sort it out man - you're leeching there.

On the subject of it, will the Hibs players actually glow on the pitch like that? If so, that's the greatest kit ever.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
If this photo is to be believed, Bayern will go along with the standard new Adidas template and their new kit will feature pectoral emphasis as well.

macaque
Dec 24, 2004
it's incredible that someone got paid to design that poo poo.
what a terrible kit.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Pour le Merite posted:

If this photo is to be believed, Bayern will go along with the standard new Adidas template and their new kit will feature pectoral emphasis as well.

I hope by next year my Wizards will have a new new Adidas template and not this.

Better yet, I'd love MLS to drop their Adidas exclusive contract; Nike kits are so much more class.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Heads up for US dudes/ladies looking to buy from Subside, they have a US site:

http://www.subside.us.com/us/store/index.jsp

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
According to FSC, Celtic are getting the bumblebee away shirt again.

Opportunity to laugh at idiots looking like even bigger idiots? Brilliant. :)

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

ibroxmassive posted:

According to FSC, Celtic are getting the bumblebee away shirt again.

YUM YUM BUMBLEBEE BUMBLEBEE TUNA
I LOVE BUMBLEBEE BUMBLEBEE TUNA
YUM YUM BUMBLEBEE BUMBLEBEE TUNA
LOVE A KIT THAT'S MADE FROM BUMBLEBEE

Directorman posted:

Better yet, I'd love MLS to drop their Adidas exclusive contract; Nike kits are so much more class.

While I'm pretty partial to Nike myself, I won't complain too much if Adidas remains the MLS exclusive supplier for years to come--they've dropped a ton of money into the league for sponsorship and development, teams that used to have little to no merch available for fans (like New England) now have lots to choose from, and yes, we get a preview of what everyone else is wearing in Europe the following season. For as goofy as the RBNY zipper/pec template is, the deal's come down to what a lot of people predicted when it was signed in 2005: having a supplier that's been a leader in international soccer since its inception has paid out only dividends for MLS.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Let's be honest here, which is worse:

Bolton or Rotherham?

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
boltons

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

luvd posted:

boltons

What he said, the other one really isn't that bad.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

luvd posted:

boltons

Yeah, unless there's something on the lower half or back of that Rotherham one, like "SPONSORED BY AL-QAIDA PUPPY KICKING CLUB," it's not too bad, just very plain. Bolton's, on the other hand, is worse than child abuse.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

yeah, the rotherham one would look passable if not modelled by a downie

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Are Reebok just taking the piss? Bolton's shirts this season and last have been absolutely terrible. Their away kit this year is disgusting.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
To be fair the Rotherham one does make the wearer look like a child.

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

Are Reebok just taking the piss? Bolton's shirts this season and last have been absolutely terrible. Their away kit this year is disgusting.

Liverpool's Reebok kits were crap as well, so glad we went back to Adidas (although I may not be in the next few years :ohdear:)

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
Rotherham isn't just plain it looks like they were going to get new jerseys but then realised there's no money left in the club safe so they went to ASDA instead and bought a few t-shirts.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

You think they're made of money?! They'll have gone to LIDL

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
It upsets me that I could have been paid £10,000 and designed a better kit than that Bolton monstrosity.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

luvd posted:

It upsets me that I could have been paid £10,000 and designed a better kit than that Bolton monstrosity.

A retarded monkey could have done better. Although Gary Megson should probably focus more on the management than the kit.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

luvd posted:

Either stripes or no stripes, not both. There, the kit is fixed.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
New AC Milan shirt has a collar

I will likely buy the next Inter kit because it looks boss

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
the overlapping bits on the collar make the milan one horrible

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

But it's an Adidas shirt without the moobs, so it's already good.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I have a 1997 Lotto Milan shirt and it too has that overlap thing. But in black so it doesn't stand out much.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ka0 posted:

New AC Milan shirt has a collar

So does this year's, it's just black. Looks pretty nice, though I wish they kept the collar black. Glad they didn't go with that horrendous poo poo they've been ruining everyone elses kits with. Now all we need is a not so lovely sponsor.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Milan is classy. I like the collar.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Collars are classy. It's what I like most about the new England kit.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
it's not the collar thats the issue per se

it's the horriblr way it overlaps

makes it look like a 90s retro piece of poo poo

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

We are not feeling edgy; the system is feeling nervous.

GravityDaemon posted:

So does this year's, it's just black. Looks pretty nice, though I wish they kept the collar black. Glad they didn't go with that horrendous poo poo they've been ruining everyone elses kits with. Now all we need is a not so lovely sponsor.

I could be wrong on this but when I was searching for leaks of the new Milan shirt people were saying that the bwin deal ends this season. I don't know if that means that the shirt is fake. I like it but would probably prefer it with a black collar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I think the bwin deal ends after the 09/10 season. Soon in any case. Then we'll be sponsored by paddypower or something equally silly.