Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Cycle hits police car with camera and lands on two feet. Ta-Da!
http://www.wlwt.com/video/19394955/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I like how he just stands there, "Welp, gently caress, I'm busted."

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

HNasty posted:

What? I'm pretty sure going WOT will do that on almost any bike much less a SS 600, it might now magically fly out from under you but the fury and speed of acceleration makes most poo poo their pants and drive straight into a guard rail.

If my F4i is below 5k or so going WOT is pretty weak. And if I just roll off a stoplight at 1500 RPM then going full throttle barely moves you faster than the cars next to you.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I don't think there is a 600 that would 'go flying' if you punched it hard leaving from a street light. It takes a while to build power on a 600 which is part of why I like it so much. Under 7k you have a very managable, docile bike. Get above 7k and things get nuts.

I've seen some stunt bikes do this which I think were 600s but I don't exactly remember. Of course they're really not set up to be streetable.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

HNasty posted:

What? I'm pretty sure going WOT will do that on almost any bike much less a SS 600, it might now magically fly out from under you but the fury and speed of acceleration makes most poo poo their pants and drive straight into a guard rail.

Sure, whatever. I didn't say WOT, I guess I should have been more specific but I didn't feel I had to. Sure, rev the bike up and dump the clutch, or slam the throttle WOT from a stop light and the bike will probably go flying out from under you. I don't know because I have never been dumb enough to try.

The point I was trying to make was a 600SS is really, really managable under 7k~ rpms.

This excludes 600cc stunt bikes with pizza-sized rear sprockets.

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007

The point I was trying to make was a 600SS is really, really managable under 7k~ rpms.

So long as you're sensible with it, and have enough riding experience to have developed decent throttle control, then I agree. Life begins at 8krpm :)

But, whack the throttle open a bit (not even necessarily WOT) when going away from a stop and you can find yourself in the powerband real quick, where things could get out of shape very quickly for newer riders. There will always be that temptation to open up the throttle on the nice new bike "to see what it can do", especially when a young rider is goaded by another road user of whatever population subtype works best. I was forced by Australian laws to start riding on a GPX250 (Ninja 250 for most), otherwise I might very well be dead by now, given that I was quite tempted by a 600, or worse, an RZ350.

Granted, my experience of 600s is mostly on my 2001 GSXR, which are supposed to have a bit more bottom end power than the newer 600s where they've managed to add even more top end bias. It's down one tooth on the front sprocket, but that's hardly a huge change in gear ratio.

FlyinDoc fucked around with this message at 11:49 on May 18, 2009

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Stop being a pack of softcocks and pin it to the stop.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

2ndclasscitizen posted:

DUDE TOTALLY

*slams a redbull*

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

You are correct. The point is that they're a beast above that, and if you're a new rider and accidentally let things slip you're instantly into rocket ship blast off territory.

I learned on a 250 two stroke that had a power band just as ferocious and it almost took me out a few times when I wasn't being careful. That two stroke has a fraction of the power of a 600SS in the power band.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Less talk more pictures

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Phat_Albert posted:

DUDE TOTALLY

*slams a redbull*

X-TREEEEEEEEEMMMEEEE

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

DUDE TOTALLY

*slams a redbull*

nah, need a Monster to pin it properly

Click here for the full 1024x681 image.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

blugu64 posted:

Less talk more pictures

You know it's a proper adventure when you're not exactly sure if it's really a horrible accident.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

MiamiKid posted:

Is that a Dodge Ram Pickup, in paris?

Ola posted:

You know it's a proper adventure when you're not exactly sure if it's really a horrible accident.

My new favorite quote.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
gently caress the truck, I want more pictures of those girls in black :fap:

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

MiamiKid posted:

I've seen that picture a few times, and I don't know why Rossi is on a Tech3 bike in Tech3 leathers.

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003
From what I've read, apparently Monster had a deal with Kawasaki, and when they bailed on GP, they moved all their sponsor monies over to Tech3 and Yamaha, so apparently that's why Rossi is cruising in these leathers for this PR event.

Also,

quote:

gently caress the truck, I want more pictures of those girls in black

Click here for the full 800x533 image.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

wzm posted:

I've seen that picture a few times, and I don't know why Rossi is on a Tech3 bike in Tech3 leathers.

The tech 3 bikes have license plates and blinkers!?

I'm pretty sure thats when they were promoting the new R1. Must have been a monster livery and special leathers for Rossi. I'm fairly certain the leathers aren't Tech 3 either.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

2ndclasscitizen posted:

hahaha

I've got a mental block in my brain similar to people with brain damage that have no concept of left. They can't look left and have to go 359 degrees to the right to see it.

That's me and WOT in first gear on a 600, I just have no conception of it and it never enters my mind as something that's physically possible.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfeIMFis8Sg&NR=1

Yea it's poorly shot, but the part at the end gets me everytime.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

"I'm going for the woods to make my escape!"

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ksKNy9vZ6U
Youtube - constantly proving there are people with less mental sanity then you since 2005.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 19, 2009

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*

blugu64 posted:

Youtube - constantly proving there are people with less mental sanity then you since 2005.

Who doesn't do this? When you ain't got radio/music you've got to entertain yourself.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

blugu64 posted:

now I know what's going through the mind of someone who buys a Kawasaki because of the green.

Here's a scooter with a custom wrap/paint job from the bike lot at work.

just in case you'd like to do something similar to your bike, maybe in green, here's the URL

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

That video led me to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfxJ2pqs8Kc&feature=related

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

jujube posted:

Who doesn't do this? When you ain't got radio/music you've got to entertain yourself.

I tend to find myself making accelerating motorcycle noises, complete with shifts (at least 10-12 gears, too), when tooling down the highway at a constant speed.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

Uthor posted:

I tend to find myself making accelerating motorcycle noises, complete with shifts (at least 10-12 gears, too), when tooling down the highway at a constant speed.

I do the same... on my wee automatic 50cc scooter :3:

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.

Uthor posted:

This, and also "oh and rossi takes the tight line into the corner!!" as i turn a corner.

Oh the shame.

dietcokefiend posted:

Amazing.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

fronkpies posted:

This, and also "oh and rossi takes the tight line into the corner!!" as i turn a corner.

I'll do this too occasionally. Its a little more appropriate though, as that's actually my last name.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

dietcokefiend posted:

Hey I used to do that all the time on Grand Theft Auto.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Uthor posted:

I like making TIE Fighter noises.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Lots of singing, bad singing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is this a picture/video thread? Last couple pages have been walls of text.

That all being said. Hope this isn't a repost.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Retarded Pimp posted:

Lots of singing, bad singing.

My girlfriend does this, and dances when she is riding on the back of my bike. I know when I start bouncing all over the highway that she is off in crazy land.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Christoff posted:

This is fantastic. Mesmerizing!

Here's a turbo'd Buell Lightning, sounds fantastic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a09Z7TdDsYI

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Christoff posted:

How the hell is it balancing, or does the little girl rock it off the center stand?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Christoff posted:

Proof that scooters require no skill at all to ride.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I like that he just kind of walks after it, "oh drat, there goes the paintjob."

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Zool posted:

How the hell is it balancing, or does the little girl rock it off the center stand?

Looks like it's on a sidestand; it's tilted very slightly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Zool posted:

probably on the center stand. If the rear tire is even a little bit on the ground it'll go. Scooter center stands are designed for ease of use and basically take no effort to move off the stand.
Actually if memory serves, they're designed to be able to be driven away from parked on-stand.