Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

Xenomrph posted:

I don't actually own a digital camera, but I'll see if I can hijack one from a co-worker or something.

Dude, seriously?

I should convince Shadi to start a fund for you, once he gets unprobated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Less money spent on lovely Terminator toys and more money for a $100 cheapo digital camera, haha.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Vintersorg posted:

Less money spent on lovely Terminator toys and more money for a $100 cheapo digital camera, haha.

That was my thought. Digicams aren't really that much. They seem real cheap when you are dropping $8-9 bux each on 90's style terminator figs.

Content!

I'll cross my fingers and hope these actually come out.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 1, 2009

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I found wave 2 of the Toys R Us exclusive BSG figures today. The wave should have been composed of "Razor" Husker Adama, Battle Damaged classic Cylon Pilot, and the gold Cylon commander.

They had 2 pegs full of 'em, but they only had Adama and the Cylon pilot, no Cylon commander. I wonder if they cut him out of the TRU wave since they are releasing him in September as a regular release. Sucks though, he was the one I wanted the most...

Here's the figures: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/04/battlestar-galactica-cylons-land-in-toys-r-us/

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I get much more enjoyment out of my Terminator toys than I would out of a digital camera, so all of you haters can suck my cock. :colbert:

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Jace Madan posted:

I found wave 2 of the Toys R Us exclusive BSG figures today. The wave should have been composed of "Razor" Husker Adama, Battle Damaged classic Cylon Pilot, and the gold Cylon commander.

They had 2 pegs full of 'em, but they only had Adama and the Cylon pilot, no Cylon commander. I wonder if they cut him out of the TRU wave since they are releasing him in September as a regular release. Sucks though, he was the one I wanted the most...

Here's the figures: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/04/battlestar-galactica-cylons-land-in-toys-r-us/

That's.... odd. Husker was just released in the last regular wave, as a part of a razor wave.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

Commander is part of the wave, hes on the peg at my TRU.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I hate GI Joe but I want that Mugg parrot so bad!

scare
Nov 25, 2002
ok I officially have to have that Mugg Zartan

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Not action figures, but I found the Hot Wheels Star Trek ships at my local TRU. Picked up the Enterprise A and its pretty sweet. The "die-cast" thing is pretty minimal, its just part of the main body, and the rest is plastic. Still pretty sweet and about 5 inches long. Had the D and the Reliant there as well.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Looks like DCUC wave 10 is:

Power Girl
Man-Bat
Joker
BeastBoy
Robotman
Forager
Static

The BAF is as of now unknown. However the rumored BAF for wave 11 is Killowog. Apparently Wave 11 is the beginning of the Green Lantern theme. Just as up through wave 10 had New Gods characters, there will be a bunch of Lantern Army builders through the next few waves.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 10, 2009

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Who's Forager?

The rest of the line up sounds pretty cool though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Starsnostars posted:

Who's Forager?

The rest of the line up sounds pretty cool though.

A New God character.

One of my customers (who's usually dead on with his figure info) told me that Wave 11 has a Guy Gardner as GL and the variant will be Guy in his pre Warrior costume.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

A New God character.

One of my customers (who's usually dead on with his figure info) told me that Wave 11 has a Guy Gardner as GL and the variant will be Guy in his pre Warrior costume.

Wave 11, which has been found in walmart computers is supposedly

Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

Question is better than Guy!

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Jesus christ I just looked at my preorder list for the year. It is going to be crippling. I need to trim this down stat :(

I caved and bought one of the 6" Dr. Manhattan toys. It's the first small toy I've bought in some time ... pretty drat cool, I must admit. $17 is highway robbery for this loving thing, though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

Looks like DCUC wave 10 is:

Power Girl
Man-Bat
Joker
BeastBoy
Robotman
Forager
Static

The BAF is as of now unknown. However the rumored BAF for wave 11 is Killowog. Apparently Wave 11 is the beginning of the Green Lantern theme. Just as up through wave 10 had New Gods characters, there will be a bunch of Lantern Army builders through the next few waves.
Any idea when this wave will ship? I needs me some Power Girl.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I know I was one of the biggest advocate of the Marvel Universe toys, because they weren't well painted and super expensive. However, places near me have either had sales or lowered prices to the point where they're almost worth it. Toys R Us had a 2 for $11 on all Wolverine toys and K-mart has MU for $7. I might be the first to say that the figures aren't bad with some paint touch up. I'm touched up and added washes to most of the figures, and did some detail work like adding bandages on Iron Fist's hands or painting Gambit's cards. I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't have any Marvel Legends, so these are welcome to me. Their $9 MSRP is still out of control, though. Characters like Punisher, Dare Devil, and Human Torch are still completely terrible looking.

Some of the paint work I've done, they look so unbelievably better.

Click here for the full 1000x665 image.

It's also cool how this Iron Man is in scale with the movie Iron Monger.

Xenomrph posted:

Any idea when this wave will ship? I needs me some Power Girl.

Wave 8 is shipping next week, and Wave 9 is supposedly shipping in mid-late July. I'd say September or October is a safe bet.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Fish Of Doom posted:

:aaa: Dammit, I didn't want to buy any of that new line, but now I think I have to.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Fish Of Doom posted:

I know I was one of the biggest advocate of the Marvel Universe toys, because they weren't well painted and super expensive. However, places near me have either had sales or lowered prices to the point where they're almost worth it. Toys R Us had a 2 for $11 on all Wolverine toys and K-mart has MU for $7. I might be the first to say that the figures aren't bad with some paint touch up. I'm touched up and added washes to most of the figures, and did some detail work like adding bandages on Iron Fist's hands or painting Gambit's cards. I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't have any Marvel Legends, so these are welcome to me. Their $9 MSRP is still out of control, though. Characters like Punisher, Dare Devil, and Human Torch are still completely terrible looking.

Some of the paint work I've done, they look so unbelievably better.

Wave 8 is shipping next week, and Wave 9 is supposedly shipping in mid-late July. I'd say September or October is a safe bet.

Nice job with these, especially like what you did to the Iron Fist figure. Honestly some of these off the shelf aren't that terrible, but there's no way to justify the $9 price tag. I'd consider collecting some of the better ones at the $7 tag like you found though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

Maybe I was just mis-remembering the movie, but I was under the impression that the actual movie Iron Man mk3 figure was in-scale with the movie Iron Monger figure.

Lizard King
Nov 7, 2003

FWOOOSH
Wow, I want that Iron Fist!

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Maybe I was just mis-remembering the movie, but I was under the impression that the actual movie Iron Man mk3 figure was in-scale with the movie Iron Monger figure.

Iron Monger is pretty drat big in the movie

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Right now - Hot Toys Golgo 13
Any day now - Hot Toys Abe & Hellboy
End of May - Hot Toys Iron Man Mk2
Early June - Hot Toys Vito Corleone, Hot Toys Dutch Schaefer, Hot Toys Predator 1

Ouuuuuch. My poor bank account.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

profbobo posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Right now - Hot Toys Golgo 13
Any day now - Hot Toys Abe & Hellboy
End of May - Hot Toys Iron Man Mk2
Early June - Hot Toys Vito Corleone, Hot Toys Dutch Schaefer, Hot Toys Predator 1

Ouuuuuch. My poor bank account.

Oh poo poo! There is a Duke Togo HT figure? drat me being poor!

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
There is, and it's 200 loving dollars. Japan exclusive. It is absolute horseshit, but I am a sucker for Hot Toys and the Duke.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86976&highlight=golgo&page=2

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

Iron Monger is pretty drat big in the movie

Huh, you're right. I only saw the movie once in theatres, so my memory was a little hazy. v:saddowns:v

I still liked the movie toys a lot. I only got 3 of them, but I got the mk3 Iron Man, Iron Monger (red chest plate and eyes, before they re-issued it with the blue like he has in the movie) and Titanium Man (who is REALLY kickass).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress? Predator is early June? Time to start saving up! I was planning on hitting up Vegas in July, haha.

scare
Nov 25, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

jesus, I don't know about this.
Im thinking that Steppenwolf will have his Super powers version as a variant.
and Deadman makes the only other logical choice as far as variants go.
1 classic white bald guy version, and the other being a kelly jones'ish long-time-dead version.
I kind of hope i'm wrong, I don't like buying two version of the same character.
oh, and i hope the cyborg superman is done up in his sinestro corps get up.
it'd make sense if they are in fact leading up to the GL theme.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I wish I'd never found this thread (or one of the earlier iterations); I was fine just buying DC Superheroes, Sideshow's The Dead, and the rare statue, but now I've got so many Hot Toys on pre-order it's loving ridiculous.

But they're so loving awesome ;_;

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
If anyone is interested in the DC Universe Infinite Heroes line, the 3 packs are on sale at Target for $9.99. I think this was until the end of the month or so.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Pretty dry around here. And Target is stocking old DCU dolls :(
Also I added some prices to my haves thread so come and get it!

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Fuuuck, it's coming soon. Out in Hong Kong now. I think it's one of the most perfect 1/6 toys I've ever seen.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

z0rschach posted:

Pretty dry around here. And Target is stocking old DCU dolls :(
Also I added some prices to my haves thread so come and get it!

Same; I've seen Aquaman, Captain Cold, Captain Atom, several Wonderwoman, a few flashes and 8 billion Cyborgs. Come on, no one wants a black man in a singlet?

I've seen every Marvel Universe figure possible, even tons of comic version Deadpools. My GF's seen tons of those in Florida too, did they rerelease them with higher counts?

Donde Esta fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 20, 2009

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Donde Esta posted:

I've seen every Marvel Universe figure possible, even tons of comic version Deadpools. My GF's seen tons of those in Florida too, did they rerelease them with higher counts?

Stores I think ordered a ton of the Wolverine Movie figures expecting them to sell like gangbusters. They aren't. Also I am pretty sure the brown costume Wolverine and Deadpool are the multiples in the comic figure packs since you know Hasbro expected them to be the break out stars of the movie.

As a funny note, one of my local comic shops bought all the of the MU figures when my Target first got them and I saw them marked up to 12-20 bones a pop. I went to Target last weekend and guess what is all back cluttering the shelves? They have so many of the MU figures that they are just stacked on top of shelves now since no one is buying any of them here.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MU not selling? You don't say?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Maybe someone should buy some stuff from me so we can get some new stock in :)

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Did anyone ever find any ML figures from that last walmart wave that was supposed to come out? Never saw any of those.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don't think they've hit the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Did anyone ever find any ML figures from that last walmart wave that was supposed to come out? Never saw any of those.

The only place they've been popping up is in Canada so far. Yay, ebay exclusives.