Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

profbobo posted:

Fuuuck, it's coming soon. Out in Hong Kong now. I think it's one of the most perfect 1/6 toys I've ever seen.

:fap:

It's perfect. I cannot loving wait. I just hope Dutch looks as good as can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I just cancelled my Dutch. The in-hand pics just aren't as impressive as the Predator. I'm bummed about it, but figured that if I was debating it, I don't need to spend the money. MK 2 just got billed, and I'm about to hit send on $230 or so for Golgo so that's another factor ...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=65&pid=415

These look fine to me.

Where are the in-hand pictures? A quick google just shows me promo.

EDIT: Nevermind, found em: http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-memorabilia/890975-hot-toys-dutch-12-predator.html

Still worth it and im not getting Golgo, too expensive, heeh.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 20, 2009

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Vintersorg posted:

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=65&pid=415

These look fine to me.

Where are the in-hand pictures? A quick google just shows me promo.

EDIT: Nevermind, found em: http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-memorabilia/890975-hot-toys-dutch-12-predator.html

Still worth it and im not getting Golgo, too expensive, heeh.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/

Troll there for pics; they're in Hong Kong so they get most everything before we do. Lots of pics of Dutch there.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Wow, The Masked Rider is still really popular in Hong Kong. I remember that show on Fox Kids back in the mid 90's. I guess in Asia, it's like a cultural phenomenon.

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?

Fish Of Doom posted:

Wow, The Masked Rider is still really popular in Hong Kong. I remember that show on Fox Kids back in the mid 90's. I guess in Asia, it's like a cultural phenomenon.

Dear Action Figure Thread, try this new crack:

Click here for the full 600x930 image.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
I'm not sure whether to ask this here or in the Gurren Lagann thread over at ADTRW, but I was wondering if Revoltech's released the Gurren Wing accessory with any of their Gurren Lagann figures? I really want to get a Revoltech Gurren Lagann but not if they're going to release it again with Gurren Wing later.

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?

LightsGameraAction posted:

I'm not sure whether to ask this here or in the Gurren Lagann thread over at ADTRW, but I was wondering if Revoltech's released the Gurren Wing accessory with any of their Gurren Lagann figures? I really want to get a Revoltech Gurren Lagann but not if they're going to release it again with Gurren Wing later.

Gurren Lagann comes with the backpack, Enki comes with the two wings and Lazengann comes with the tailfin-looking piece. All three are getting kind of hard to find nowadays.

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.

JohnThermos posted:

Dear Action Figure Thread, try this new crack

Thank you for these links, my productivity at work dropped because of looking over at pages of awesome custom jobs and kamen raiders. There's a Jack Nicholson Joker in that toy world forum that is beautiful.

Now I'm putting myself down for a predator too... I'm just wondering where's the cheapest place to get it from.

Anyways, picked up this bad boy today at the silver snail.

Click here for the full 792x1200 image.

I'm looking forward to beating him up a bit.

Here's a wolverine I aged yesterday.

Click here for the full 1024x1536 image.

I put the rest of the pics in http://fuel-boy.blogspot.com/

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

JohnThermos posted:

Gurren Lagann comes with the backpack, Enki comes with the two wings and Lazengann comes with the tailfin-looking piece. All three are getting kind of hard to find nowadays.

Wait really? Which version of Gurren Lagann? Every picture I've seen of either shows him just coming with the Spiral core/drill arm, some extra hands and the boomerang shades.

Edit: Also, is it Enki or the Enkidu which comes with the wings?

LightsGameraAction fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 22, 2009

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mapocho posted:

Thank you for these links, my productivity at work dropped because of looking over at pages of awesome custom jobs and kamen raiders. There's a Jack Nicholson Joker in that toy world forum that is beautiful.

Now I'm putting myself down for a predator too... I'm just wondering where's the cheapest place to get it from.

Anyways, picked up this bad boy today at the silver snail.

Click here for the full 792x1200 image.

I'm looking forward to beating him up a bit.

Here's a wolverine I aged yesterday.

Click here for the full 1024x1536 image.

I put the rest of the pics in http://fuel-boy.blogspot.com/

Has that series 8 of DCUC hit anywhere yet?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

LightsGameraAction posted:

Wait really? Which version of Gurren Lagann? Every picture I've seen of either shows him just coming with the Spiral core/drill arm, some extra hands and the boomerang shades.

Edit: Also, is it Enki or the Enkidu which comes with the wings?
The not drillized Gurren Lagann has the backpack. And despite there being three revoltechs of Viral's ride, only the Enki has the wings. At least its not as hard to find as the Enkidudu.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

vkeios posted:

The not drillized Gurren Lagann has the backpack. And despite there being three revoltechs of Viral's ride, only the Enki has the wings. At least its not as hard to find as the Enkidudu.

Cool, Enki doesn't seem like he's that hard to find either. I noticed a lot of places actually have him up s a pre-order though... is he getting a re-release? That'd be much easier on my wallet than tracking the original down.

And actually, I could use a good English news site for Revoltech figures, I just got into the line and considering how hard it is to find some of the figures I'd like to keep updated on what's coming down the pipe... anyone know a good site for Revoltech news?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just cancelled my DC Direct 12" V figure pre-order from BBTS. I hate when the time rolls around and you can't justify slapping down that much ($99 in this case) :/

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I just cancelled my DC Direct 12" V figure pre-order from BBTS. I hate when the time rolls around and you can't justify slapping down that much ($99 in this case) :/

I've seen a few DCD Rorschachs go for $40 on the bay.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there really ever a time where a 12" DCD figure is worth the price though

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Captain Charisma posted:

Is there really ever a time where a 12" DCD figure is worth the price though

Even the high-end ones have their problems

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103063

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

The Rage posted:

Has that series 8 of DCUC hit anywhere yet?

Sarcastic answer: Hit ebay a while ago.

But in the stores I've seen nothing in the Binghamton or Buffalo areas of NY.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Donde Esta posted:

Sarcastic answer: Hit ebay a while ago.

But in the stores I've seen nothing in the Binghamton or Buffalo areas of NY.

Hits comic shops this week I think.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Holy fuuuuuck. I am pretty sure mine will assume that crouched pose on arrival. My god.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

profbobo posted:

Holy fuuuuuck. I am pretty sure mine will assume that crouched pose on arrival. My god.

Yesssss! gently caress, i can't wait! Ive wanted a Predator from Hot Toys for so long and was always sad that they were always sold except for the new one. So glad they are releasing my favorite version!! Kevin Peter Hall is immortalized!

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I'm thinking about selling some of my loose Mighty Muggs.

I have:

Captain America
Ghost Rider
Iron Man (60s look)
Hulk

Any interest? They are all in mint condition just not in the box.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I'm thinking about selling some of my loose Mighty Muggs.

I have:

Captain America
Ghost Rider
Iron Man (60s look)
Hulk

Any interest? They are all in mint condition just not in the box.
Czech out the doll trading thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2947000

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I found Marvel Universe series 4 yesterday, meaning I could finally finish my Orson Randall custom to go with the rest of my Immortal Iron Fist customs. I'm still planning on doing the rest of the Iron Fists plus the rest of the Immortal Weapons. I think that comic deserves its own toyline, but it will never happen.

I upgraded the standard MU Iron Fist by painting on bandages, adding a waist sash, and giving him a light wash.

Click here for the full 800x532 image.

Two of the other Iron Fists, Orson Randell and Wu Ao-shi. I was waiting for the Blade figure to come out for the trench coat, gun, and boots. The Blade figure is hideous on its own, but the parts are cool.

The Steel Phoenix and Bride of Nine Spiders. Bride was the hardest to do due to her tiny head and all the additional sculpting I had to do with it. In the end, her neck spikes are a little fat, but it doesn't bother me much.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Fish Of Doom posted:

I found Marvel Universe series 4 yesterday, meaning I could finally finish my Orson Randall custom to go with the rest of my Immortal Iron Fist customs. I'm still planning on doing the rest of the Iron Fists plus the rest of the Immortal Weapons. I think that comic deserves its own toyline, but it will never happen.

I upgraded the standard MU Iron Fist by painting on bandages, adding a waist sash, and giving him a light wash.

Two of the other Iron Fists, Orson Randell and Wu Ao-shi. I was waiting for the Blade figure to come out for the trench coat, gun, and boots. The Blade figure is hideous on its own, but the parts are cool.

The Steel Phoenix and Bride of Nine Spiders. Bride was the hardest to do due to her tiny head and all the additional sculpting I had to do with it. In the end, her neck spikes are a little fat, but it doesn't bother me much.

These are awesome. Please try to make a full set so I can steal them all at once.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
FYI

The DC Universe Classics Mattycollector.com Exclusives Starfire and Adam Strange are now available again to order online!

Link

Get Yours Before They Run Out!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If I could only order starfire alone...
Also I saw new Wolverine: Origins figs. Iceman and Cyclops. The Iceman looked pretty cool, pun intended and unintended.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

z0rschach posted:

If I could only order starfire alone...
Also I saw new Wolverine: Origins figs. Iceman and Cyclops. The Iceman looked pretty cool, pun intended and unintended.

I got Cyclops about a month ago, he's alright, though his stumpy arms prevent him from actually being able to touch his visor. Iceman bores me and the actual figure is all the same "cool mint listerine" color.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Oh man. Hot Toys Abe and Hellboy shipped, Iron Man MK2 shipped and Golgo's waiting for me at the post office. This is gonna be a good week.

Edit:

profbobo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 3, 2009

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I'm looking into starting to try customs, does anyone have a good guide or outline for all the stuff I will need? Any help from people who do customs or know anything about them would be greatly appreciated.

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.

profbobo posted:

Oh man. Hot Toys Abe and Hellboy shipped, Iron Man MK2 shipped and Golgo's waiting for me at the post office. This is gonna be a good week.

Edit:

where you you order from? I'm very curious as to where the best deal for a predator is.

Hey havoc904, get a dremel tool, they are pretty handy for touching up and adding detail to figures.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
2 Things.

1. I thought the bottom guy (Lupin?) was Spock at first

2. Where do you live so I can rob you of your Iron Men?

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
It's Duke Togo, man!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

I'm looking into starting to try customs, does anyone have a good guide or outline for all the stuff I will need? Any help from people who do customs or know anything about them would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Cauley, aka Iron Cow, has a great website devoted to his beautiful custom figures, along with a helpful FAQ guide for beginning customizers: http://www.ironcowprod.com/ICP_faq.html

Cason Pilliod, aka Casimir, also has a custom figure site with his creations and a detailed guide: http://www.pilliod.net/secrets.htm

Airmax is amazing -- he mostly specializes in the Justice League Unlimited/Bruce Timm style of customizing. He is very friendly and helpful, and I own several of his original customs (including the Comedian from Watchmen and the entire Wildcats team in their Travis Charest looks): http://airmaxanimated.com/main.html

Glorbes might be my favorite customizer of all, with his retro/steampunk/pulp recreations of characters: http://www.ironcowprod.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47

Sillof does mighty nice work in a similar steampunk vein: http://www.sillof.com/

And all of Doubledealer's customs are top-notch as well: http://www.2dtoys.com/

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

http://www.figurerealm.com/customtutorial.php

Great guides from different people with many pictures. And I second the Dremel. I don't use it much for actual detailing, but for filing down joints that give you problems with paint peeling. It's a god send.

Above all get good paint and a couple good brushes. Citadel Paint from Games Workshop is all I use. Michaels Arts and Crafts is awesome for supplies because you usually get a 40% off your next purchase coupon on your receipt(usually dated a week from that date), that you can use toward any item. I usually use it on $5 detailing brushes or $4 Testor's Dullcote (also good for protecting joints and doesn't turn white like the super-glue method)

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Speaking of Customs:

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

Just listed that on Ebay. I have a few others up too.

And yes, that is a Bat-Radia

Donde Esta fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 7, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Donde Esta posted:

Speaking of Customs:

That's pretty awesome, even though I hated that comic. It only needs Bat-mite to make it complete. What's the cape from, Hobgoblin?

Here's my newest custom that I've been working on all week. I figured my old Playmates EarthWorm Jim figure needed an upgrade, and DCUC has the best articulation on the market right now for a 6" figure.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

That's pretty awesome, even though I hated that comic. It only needs Bat-mite to make it complete. What's the cape from, Hobgoblin?

Here's my newest custom that I've been working on all week. I figured my old Playmates EarthWorm Jim figure needed an upgrade, and DCUC has the best articulation on the market right now for a 6" figure.

What's the recipe for that? I have nearly all the old Playmates figs (some doubles) and I might wanna try that some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

z0rschach posted:

What's the recipe for that? I have nearly all the old Playmates figs (some doubles) and I might wanna try that some day.

1 Earthworm Jim (head and gun)
1 DCUC male body with open hands (I used Camo Aquaman)
A whole lotta custom sculpting (straps, backpack, neck, gloves, feet)

I'm thinking I might do a DCUC Freakazoid next.