Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Both my two Korean teams have new kits for the season.

Suwon of the K-League (1st division)

home

Its got some nice little details on the back too:

On the back of the collar is a representation of Hwaseong fortress, which is the landmark for the city.

On the bottom of the jersey is a small tag that says 'Football Capital' (a gently caress you to Seoul)

I like the away kit more though

and my other team, Bucheon 1995 FC of the K3 League

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
I love that Suwon kit, I've had a soft spot for them since they played Chelsea a couple of years back in a pre-season cup.

Some Clown
Apr 28, 2009

*honk*
I thought there was some rule in the Premiership whereby a team had to keep their kit for two full seasons. Clubs got around it in a way by staggering the launch of their home and away kits for alternate seasons so they had a 'launch' every year.

But Liverpool only had that grey away kit for one season. And I think Middlesbrough change their home kit every season. How are they allowed to get away with this? :colbert:

Which team has had the most number of kits in the last 10 years, I wonder? I bet most people would say United, but I'd go for Boro.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
It's because we will use the grey one as our Euro one probably. Which was Green this year.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Some Clown posted:

I thought there was some rule in the Premiership whereby a team had to keep their kit for two full seasons. Clubs got around it in a way by staggering the launch of their home and away kits for alternate seasons so they had a 'launch' every year.

But Liverpool only had that grey away kit for one season. And I think Middlesbrough change their home kit every season. How are they allowed to get away with this? :colbert:

Which team has had the most number of kits in the last 10 years, I wonder? I bet most people would say United, but I'd go for Boro.

I always thought there was a similar rule, but there isn't.

United and Chelsea both have new home shirts this season and I'm almost certain both changed them last season, United certainly did.

As you mentioned, I seem to remember talk of a rule about 15 years ago when United were changing their shirts more regularly than other clubs.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Just bought a Deportivo La Coruna shirt for a tenner, aswell as this seasons Marseille shirt which I've been looking for a while for £20. Needed to get myself some new shirts for training in, and I like both of these. I got them from M and M direct, which seems to be some sort of sale outlet thing, they have a few other shirts on sale too, including both liverpool away shirts from this season for £15, and a rather tasty silver newcastle shirt.

There's a Bassano shirt there too for £15 which was quite nice:

Some Clown
Apr 28, 2009

*honk*

Mickolution posted:

I always thought there was a similar rule, but there isn't.

United and Chelsea both have new home shirts this season and I'm almost certain both changed them last season, United certainly did.

As you mentioned, I seem to remember talk of a rule about 15 years ago when United were changing their shirts more regularly than other clubs.

Oh. Shows you what I know.

In fairness, football shirts are much cheaper in real terms than they were when I first started taking interest in football as a small child. Then, in around 1988-89, you'd have to buy the whole kit (in a loving box no less) and it would set you your dad back the best part of £40. I got the green Chelsea away kit the season they got promoted from Division 2. :unsmith:

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Did Man U change their kit this year? I thought they had the same this year are last.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

ICA posted:

Did Man U change their kit this year? I thought they had the same this year are last.

A new away and third, I believe.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Oh right aye, I thought he was on about the home.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Just bought a Deportivo La Coruna shirt for a tenner, aswell as this seasons Marseille shirt which I've been looking for a while for £20. Needed to get myself some new shirts for training in, and I like both of these. I got them from M and M direct, which seems to be some sort of sale outlet thing, they have a few other shirts on sale too, including both liverpool away shirts from this season for £15, and a rather tasty silver newcastle shirt.

How could Diesel sponsor something so ugly.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

It's the Germany euro 08 template. The neck piece is absurdly tight because of the bottom non-stretch fabric.

GravityDaemon posted:

I think the bwin deal ends after the 09/10 season. Soon in any case. Then we'll be sponsored by paddypower or something equally silly.

FLY EMIRAET 1!"!

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

Rats in the hallway again!

Ka0 posted:

FLY EMIRAET 1!"!

Which is the most likely one. YES COME GIVE GOOD MONNEY ARABIAN PEOPLE

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICA posted:

I'm pretty sure they did. If I remember correctly, they changed in 07/08 to the one to commemorate Munich and then again this season. I could be wrong though.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I love that Suwon kit, I've had a soft spot for them since they played Chelsea a couple of years back in a pre-season cup.

I spend quite a bit of time in Asia and am always surprised how expensive K-league and J-league kits are, (often 20% more than Euroleagues). What gives?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

c0burn posted:

It's because we will use the grey one as our Euro one probably. Which was Green this year.

I like the grey kit. I hope they stick with it for a while longer. Anything's better than the green kit.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

oldman posted:

Both my two Korean teams have new kits for the season.

Suwon of the K-League (1st division)

home

Its got some nice little details on the back too:

On the back of the collar is a representation of Hwaseong fortress, which is the landmark for the city.

On the bottom of the jersey is a small tag that says 'Football Capital' (a gently caress you to Seoul)

I like the away kit more though

and my other team, Bucheon 1995 FC of the K3 League

Would you be willing to proxy me a Shimizu home shirt?

Sorry, poo poo, my mind read K-League and I thought J-League

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 20, 2009

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Some Clown posted:

There's no rule, Adidas' contract even requires Chelsea to replace all 4 each year (if you count goalie).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DrakeD posted:

Which is the most likely one. YES COME GIVE GOOD MONNEY ARABIAN PEOPLE

I bet it'll be like Ferrari - ETIHAD

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Looks like the blue pint-stripe Arsenal away kit has been confirmed and I think for once I might not actually buy the new kit because I find it staggeringly ugly. Maybe seeing the team actually play in it will change my mind, kind of like the old gold SEGA away kit from 01/02

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

real_scud posted:

Looks like the blue pint-stripe Arsenal away kit has been confirmed and I think for once I might not actually buy the new kit because I find it staggeringly ugly. Maybe seeing the team actually play in it will change my mind, kind of like the old gold SEGA away kit from 01/02

seeing the whole thing together, eh, it could be far, far worse :smithicide:

still don't like it as much as even this year's away though.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

harperdc posted:

even this years away?! this years is beautiful.

also it's not as bad as the first pictures showed, but the pinstripes still just don't fit, and look weird when the shorts are plain

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

real_scud posted:

The entire kit is class, but the shirt does look a bit like Nike simply pulled a shirt out of the Tiger Woods line and slapped an Arsenal logo on it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

real_scud posted:

'It's nice to have a contrast with the red home kit,' says Theo

That's the point you dumbass.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

MoPZiG posted:

I spend quite a bit of time in Asia and am always surprised how expensive K-league and J-league kits are, (often 20% more than Euroleagues). What gives?

I guess it could be small numbers in which they are produced? I'm not sure really. The Suwon official store used to sell "official " knockoffs on their website and on gameday but Adidas found out. :(

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

real_scud posted:

What's the deal with the collar? It looks like a golf shirt as Theo is wearing it at different heights on each side. It's just weird looking. Other than that, I gotta say, I really like it (especially since the shorts are the same color as the kit). I just don't see the real hate for it. It's far better than the lovely Adidas template.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

harperdc posted:

That's an awesome shirt.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Mickolution posted:

I'm pretty sure they did. If I remember correctly, they changed in 07/08 to the one to commemorate Munich and then again this season. I could be wrong though.

You are wrong. Do you write for the Sun?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Grez posted:

You are wrong. Do you write for the Sun?

Sorry, I didn't mean the one they wore on the anniversary of Munich, I meant the one they had that season with the white collar.

Having looked a few things up, I am wrong though, carry on...

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 21, 2009

Some Clown
Apr 28, 2009

*honk*
Remember when England used to have a 3rd shirt?

I had this one. Which they never loving wore, apart from on some lovely tour to Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil
The City leaked pictures are confirmed, but still no official pictures until 1 June. Come on City sort it out! Also the shirts are apparently going to be £40 which is a loving rip off, but I'm still buying the red/black stripe on white one, which is apparently the 3rd kit not the 2nd. Shame, it's lovely.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Barcelona's keeper shirt next season is awesome:

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

NattyBo posted:

Oooh, I like that a lot.

edit: Hey, anyone want me to start a Scarves and Other Dumb Team Merch thread? The thought crossed my mind yesterday when I realized my household for some reason has 32 scarves lying around.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

Hoover Dam posted:

Oooh, I like that a lot.

edit: Hey, anyone want me to start a Scarves and Other Dumb Team Merch thread? The thought crossed my mind yesterday when I realized my household for some reason has 32 scarves lying around.

My Chelsea wall clock says yes.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Hoover Dam posted:

Oooh, I like that a lot.

I'd just put it in here. I doubt there'll be a whole lot of shirt talk left to do soon.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

NattyBo posted:

I can't have been the only one shocked to find out that Catalonia has its own TLD can I?

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Kwagga posted:

I'd just put it in here. I doubt there'll be a whole lot of shirt talk left to do soon.

I second this. I wouldn't mind seeing people's wall scarf collection.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

oop double post.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

NattyBo posted:

Their away shirt looks horrible though.

It is this color to evoke the Mediterranean Sea. Hmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
I really like that away shirt. Beautiful shade of red.