Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

SmartPowders posted:

98 Twin Turbo GTS
76mm Turbo's
Striker Race Heads
Cage Certified to 8.50
20" HRE's w/Nitto Invo's

I'll be running it on Pass Time this wednesday at Zmax, not sure when the show airs. I'm a mopar guy, so most of my cars are old mopars, but this is the "main" toy.
Welcome to SA and AI. Nice Viper. Standard AI policy is to allow AI to test drive your vehicle. We'll be right over. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Octopus Magic posted:

Cross drilled rotors are a waste of money and do more harm than any good.

Yeah, those dipshits at Baer, what the gently caress do they know about making brakes?

SmartPowders
May 18, 2009
When I get the challenger to my house, I'll do a profile on the build we'll be doing. It will be pretty crazy. I'll see if I can get some video on wednesday from the pass time tv show. Should be 8 vipers and 2 turbo lambo's running.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

MikeyTsi posted:

Yeah, those dipshits at Baer, what the gently caress do they know about making brakes?

Yeah, they know how to make money off people who think that cross drill rotors do anything.

Please show me any post 80's steel rotored pro racing (eg sanctioned) car over 2000 pounds that has drilled rotors.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

SmartPowders posted:

Quick Viper

So thats where my BCAA money went.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

MikeyTsi posted:

Uhhh, you are joking about this right?

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I just picked this up last week, really enjoying it so far. Great engine.

(also posted in the 2.0 TFSI thread)

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
Pack 'n Save has everyday low prices
Old ride
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo auto

New Ride
1992 Lexus sc300 5-Speed

Waiting on:
-Bilstein shocks and coilover sleeves
-MKIV supra front and rear calipers
-1JZ-GTE
-Nitto NT05
-New paint
-Audio system... but that can wait

This summer is going to be fun :D

Duckjob fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 19, 2009

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
And who says that Toyota doesn't encourage recycling? :v:

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Duckjob posted:

Old ride
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo auto

New Ride
1992 Lexus sc300 5-Speed

Waiting on:
-Bilstein shocks and coilover sleeves
-MKIV supra front and rear calipers
-1JZ-GTE
-Nitto NT05
-New paint
-Audio system... but that can wait

This summer is going to be fun :D

It looks like the wheels made it onto the sc, why not the 2jz-gte?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Did an elephant fall on your Supra?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Upside down drifting. :v:

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

SmartPowders posted:

I joined the site for the nutrition section as it seems people are visiting my site from here. Just trying to figure out from where. I'm a car guy first though. I just love old cars, obviously mopars. Although I really like certain off brands, such as nash. I just like oddball cars.

Off-topic and all that, but in there interest of being polite, if you hadn't sorted it out they're probably coming from the Watch & Weight discussion forum, a couple up from this one. All sorts of health and nutritional information and discussion, as well as lots of hipster jeans.

SmartPowders
May 18, 2009

RealKyleH posted:

So thats where my BCAA money went.

At least it went to a good cause. :D

I'm leaving here shortly to head to Zmax Speedway in charlotte. We're supposed to film at 10am tomorrow. I just hope to god they prep the track.

DrCold
Nov 4, 2002
Getting married does strange things to a man... I bought a sedan...

'06 4.2 S-line

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Nuclear Tourist posted:

How do you survive that? Injuries?

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Ziploc posted:

Going to guess something like a tree or a large piece of metal fell on it while he was not in the car. If a tree, probably related to a storm.

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

It almost looks like the flipped (rolled?) that Supra right next to a large pole of some sort and ended up stuck on the driver's side.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

SmartPowders posted:

At least it went to a good cause. :D

I'm leaving here shortly to head to Zmax Speedway in charlotte. We're supposed to film at 10am tomorrow. I just hope to god they prep the track.

Yea. You should drop another :10bux: and get PMs so I can ask questions like:
How can I make your BCAAs a) dissolve b)not taste like poo poo? (I know this is true for all BCAAs)

Would mixing it with some crystal light before I go work out and drinking it when I get back and have my protein shake solve that?

Korwen posted:

Off-topic and all that, but in there interest of being polite, if you hadn't sorted it out they're probably coming from the Watch & Weight discussion forum, a couple up from this one. All sorts of health and nutritional information and discussion, as well as lots of hipster jeans.

Yea hes been posting there too. Nice to have someone knowledgeable about supplements there.

SmartPowders
May 18, 2009
Email me: My65cuda@aol.com and I'll answer the questions. Don't want to detract from the thread. On the way out the door now, so might not answer till tomorrow, however long that takes. Expect a lot of cool pictures. I believe underground racing is bringing their AWD TT Lambo that ran 9.10 at 169 on Toyo R888's the other day. Car is SICK.

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003

mafoose posted:

It looks like the wheels made it onto the sc, why not the 2jz-gte?

I didn't really have time or the facility to tear it apart, nor do I want to keep a pile wrecked supra parts on my driveway for too long so she had to go as a whole. I want to start with a clean slate with a 1jz-gte or a lower mileage 2jz-gte for a summer project.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

More like the supra fell on it. I hit a wet/dirt patch on road in the middle of a hairpin turn and the fact that I had Nt555s on my rear will pretty much tell you what happens next. I ended up resting on the passenger side with the targa caved in on my face.

Ziploc posted:

Couple of scratches, more so when I climbed out and fell on some shrubbery.

StevoDaDevo
Jul 20, 2004

Simkin posted:

Ummm... you're trolling, right? Please?

Simkin posted:

A lifted, immaculate truck, in the deep dark heart of suburbia, on rimmmmmmmmz? :suicide:

I guess when you need to get the kids to school safe, nothing else will do, right?

Aqualung posted:

Looking at it again, I bet he's one of those guys that loves driving around with his fog lights always on at night. Not that they do anything at that height other than blind everyone in front of him.

Baby Hitler posted:

Sorry we don't like The Littlest Penis (tm) brand trucks, I live in SoCal where its bro truck heaven and I've never ever seen one of those huge lifted trucks dirty except maybe pulling some jetskis at 85mph in the carpool lane. Or in traffic, which is where most of them sit.

:downswords:
Why all the hate? I have a large toybox trailer full of dirt bikes and quads. I use the truck to tow the trailer all over SoCal and Mexico. I lifted it so I would get stuck in the sand because these trucks come with some seriously small, skinny tires.

Guess I should try and tow 11,000 LBs offroad with a Miata. :rolleyes:

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

StevoDaDevo posted:

Post pictures please!

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Man I want your old engine for my NA MK4 cept its hard to find the 6 speed for it >_<

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003

-Spiffy- posted:

Man I want your old engine for my NA MK4 cept its hard to find the 6 speed for it >_<

Tell me about it. I was searching for a v160 for a while when I had my MKIV. They about 3 grand a pop for used ones, so most people go for the R154 route. There's a few places that sell Aristo 2jz-GTEs, but the USDM versions are better if you can find one ;)

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

StevoDaDevo posted:

Why all the hate? I have a large toybox trailer full of dirt bikes and quads. I use the truck to tow the trailer all over SoCal and Mexico. I lifted it so I would get stuck in the sand because these trucks come with some seriously small, skinny tires.

So you lifted it, losing some of your safe towing capacity, then added probably cheap chrome rimz?

Should have bought smaller stronger wheels and had more rubber which is better for the sand anyway.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

D C posted:

So you lifted it, losing some of your safe towing capacity, then added probably cheap chrome rimz?

Should have bought smaller stronger wheels and had more rubber which is better for the sand anyway.

Those tires look fine for sand, better than the stock rubber, atleast from what I've seen of sand. Jesus christ, give him a god drat break, atleast the truck is functional if he does go offroad.

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

1998 Dodge Ram

Don't hate me cause its lifted :ohdear:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

StevoDaDevo posted:

:cool:

Love duramax trucks, don't like the wheels, but that's just me.

We dropped one from a GMC wreck into an H1 for a Desert Racer. My friend's working on his 2nd duramax swap into another Hummer in his garage.

I thought about doing it, but the 6.5 turbo diesel in my truck is fairly new and is still in the break in phase, I'm not going to pull out a working drive train even though I'd get way more power and better fuel economy with the Duramax.

StevoDaDevo
Jul 20, 2004

I've seen a couple of those conversions on H2s. They've all had to use some kind of body lift to clear the engine and tranny though. Is it the same way with the H1s?

Man, a 6.6 Duramax with an Allison in an H1 sounds pretty awesome.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

StevoDaDevo posted:

I've seen a couple of those conversions on H2s. They've all had to use some kind of body lift to clear the engine and tranny though. Is it the same way with the H1s?

Man, a 6.6 Duramax with an Allison in an H1 sounds pretty awesome.

Yeah, 2" body lift, and unless you're Goodwin over at H-Line Motors in Kansas, you have to have a donor Duramax Truck with all the electronics. Engine swaps usually isn't a big deal, but with the duramax, the hard stuff is the computers and having everything talk to each other properly, so you usually need a complete working system from another truck to make it all work.

Goodwin's shop is the only custom shop that has access to GM OEM channels so you get anything converted to diesel [they do all sorts of vehicles] they use all new GM parts with warranty.

I've seen some fugly conversions,including an H2 with 2 sets of gauges installed because the guys who did the conversion got lost when it came time to hook up the guages, so they hooked up a few OEM gauges and hacked in guages from a sierra truck and tried to make it all work.

Another popular conversion is dropping a BT4 or BT6 Cummins in the trucks, those are easier, since they're pretty much all mechanical if you get certain engine models, and with a little tweaking you can pull the same hp/torque as a Duramax.

I was thinking of doing it, I have an engineer friend who completed 2 Duramax conversions himself on H1's. 2" body lift and custom motor mounts and you need to fabricate new exhaust pipes and transmission mounts. But if you reuse the ECM and keep the same transmission out of donor vehicle, it's not too bad to setup. His latest truck is running him about $6000 for parts and the donor engine/trans he picked up out of wrecked truck. The motor mounts were $1200 because he didn't want to mess with fabricating new ones and the Duramax Hummer ones only existed for one model year so its expensive.

If you pay another shop to do it, it'll run anywhere from $15,000 to $50,000 in parts and labor.

I drove a few conversions, and they're really nice, but to me, it's too expensive to pay someone else to do the work. IF I go down that road, I'll do the work myself.

Oh another reason it's expensive is you can't double the torque on a stock drive train without breaking lots a bits. The OEM Duramax for the Hummer was detuned so it wouldn't rip up the 242 transfer case. Most of the guys doing conversions upgrade all the shafts and usually put in a beefier transfer case to handle all the torque.

Unless you find a used Duramax combo that uses a 4L80E or a 6L80E [Which I've seen in some vans]

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 20, 2009

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
Apparently some dude from here saw my car, and somehow ended up meeting my roommate at a car show tonight. i think he said he had a supercharged something or other. Who was it?

The Amazing Rainbow
Mar 16, 2008

Gimmick.
"This kid is a living fakepost."
Picking this up tomorrow. My first "decent" car...

'03 Tiburon GT (V6)

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

tables :\

The Amazing Rainbow fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 22, 2009

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

The Amazing Rainbow posted:

Picking this up tomorrow. My first "decent" car...

'03 Tiburon GT (V6)

tables :\

Cool dealer sticker. Can I get some? :smug:

The Amazing Rainbow
Mar 16, 2008

Gimmick.
"This kid is a living fakepost."

Doctor Bud posted:

Cool dealer sticker. Can I get some? :smug:

probably because it was still on the dealers lot? :iiam:

a appropriate emote
Dec 24, 2008

:m10:

DrCold posted:

Getting married does strange things to a man... I bought a sedan...

'06 4.2 S-line

This is one of my absolute favorites, it and its avant/estate/touring/whatever version. The taillights are better here than on the facelift.

I remember when the previous A6 came out, and how very progressive it looked.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
...nvm

ab0z fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 28, 2009

Lean Six Ligma
Nov 26, 2005

Dirty Fuckin' Dangles, Boys
1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport

I'm that idiot that buys a parts car/yard ornament with the intention of making it whole again.
Added back all the stuff missing off of it, and here we are!

Great experience as a first time DIY. Didn't want to learn how to change out a cylinder head but I did anyway.

After that picture I removed all the trim and debadged.

Edited for oververbosity

Lean Six Ligma fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 28, 2009

DoomCenturion
Aug 4, 2007

drat space alien demons killed my rabbit
2010 Mustang GT

(Taken with a cellphone on a very bright day, so the picture turned out blah)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Jesus Christ that blue :gonk: Shoot it, Shoot it NOW.