Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

Phone posted:

Somebody needs to loving make a list of all of the Patton Oswald and Brian Posehn shows. I've listened to the 2001 one a couple of times and the 2002 one is just loving brilliant.
BOOTIDOW BOOTIDOW BOOTIDOW! Patton loving rules balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm pretty sure those were the only two and they definitely were awesome. Since Patton is going to be hosting that same charity event as Adam, maybe he might turn up on the podcast?

Joop
Jul 15, 2008
There is also the 2004-07-01 episode with Patton and Brian

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

The Brad Garrett podcast is hilarious. Goddamn that guy is funny. Way funnier than Everybody Loves Raymond would have you believe

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
All I heard was Adam interviewing the puffer fish from Finding Nemo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Chris podcast is pretty good, surprisingly.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
I'm not sure if this was posted before, but it's pretty fun.

http://www.jeffreyatw.com/dropboard.swf

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Grifter posted:

That's fun, but where's "Are you a Mormon?"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Daryl DBD posted:

That's fun, but where's "Are you a Mormon?"

The one I immediately saw as missing was "When I was 19, I ate six boiled peyote buttons and stayed up all night, but felt no effect"

Ironis
Nov 20, 2004
Why "Hello" young man.
Forget those two, where's my "Chunkay!"?

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
i drink alkahal

nah
Mar 16, 2009

jimmyjams posted:

I don't think Adam understands that the only reason Bush and Cheney did it was to force people to link Saddam and Al-Qaeda. They couldn't justify their bullshit war so they got desperate and did anything they could to cover their asses. He probably thinks that we were stopping terrorists in their tracks like loving Jack Bauer or something.

Carolla doesn't trust the government to do anything with his money but completely trusts them to torture whoever they want to! It can only be for good! And hooray for the Patriot Act! The government would never do anything wrong there!

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled

bananasinpajamas posted:

Carolla doesn't trust the government to do anything with his money but completely trusts them to torture whoever they want to! It can only be for good! And hooray for the Patriot Act! The government would never do anything wrong there!

You should call him the next time he's doing a skype thing on his podcast and say this. It'll be funny.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

JohnnyDangerously posted:

You should call him the next time he's doing a skype thing on his podcast and say this. It'll be funny.

Yes, nothing funnier than a 20 minute long jingoistic harangue!

Pyroblaze
Oct 25, 2004

Diatom.

Grifter posted:

Until you posted this I had no idea what that "No, not alright" drop was saying.

ATLbeer
Sep 26, 2004
Über nerd

Pyroblaze posted:

Until you posted this I had no idea what that "No, not alright" drop was saying.

Oh man... I don't know exact show where that drop came from but, it's a scary call. It's up there near the guy who stole the human skull.

It's a guy from some other country and his perception of women and sexuality is close to Taliban style, if I recall. He has some question but, all sorts of mess happens in the call and the guy just gets infuriated with Adam over something little then yell's the now infamous "NO, not alright!".

I probably have something wrong about the call but, I remember listening to it on the archives and the caller defiantly creeped me out but, as soon as he says the drop I burst out laughing. Had no idea where it had come from. It really just was something said in passing that Anderson pulled out of nowhere.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

ATLbeer posted:

Oh man... I don't know exact show where that drop came from but, it's a scary call. It's up there near the guy who stole the human skull.

It's a guy from some other country and his perception of women and sexuality is close to Taliban style, if I recall. He has some question but, all sorts of mess happens in the call and the guy just gets infuriated with Adam over something little then yell's the now infamous "NO, not alright!".

I probably have something wrong about the call but, I remember listening to it on the archives and the caller defiantly creeped me out but, as soon as he says the drop I burst out laughing. Had no idea where it had come from. It really just was something said in passing that Anderson pulled out of nowhere.

From what I recall, it's from a call where said guy talks about how awesome white supremacy is (but sounds like that). If I recall they call it as bogus but eventually decide it's not because it's almost so fringe that it has to be real.

Edit: Also, that board needs "MORE JELLO PLEASE!"

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
where does the "whooooooo cares" drop come from?

Tanaka
Jun 5, 2005

ATLbeer posted:

the "No, not alright" drop is from 2001-04-08 (Guest - Morning After Pill discussion)

what's this about a human skull now?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I just heard that episode a few weeks back, it's the Morning After pill discussion episode from 2001-04-08 and the call starts about 59:50. I thought the call was hysterical. I wonder how the hell he got through the call screener, or maybe they put him through because he was so nutty.

ATLbeer
Sep 26, 2004
Über nerd

Tanaka posted:

the "No, not alright" drop is from 2001-04-08 (Guest - Morning After Pill discussion)

what's this about a human skull now?

Kid snuck into a graveyard and broke into a sarcophagus(? above ground tomb) and stole the skull of a person to put in snake's terrarium. The guy from Prison Break (Dominic Purcell) was the guest.

I believe the call was "girls don't want to date me once they find out what I went to jail for".....

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

2003-04-23 Guest - Dominic Purcell, call itself starts at 17:20

It's probably the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
to be fair thats a pretty sweet thing to have in a terrarium

Blooshoo
May 15, 2004
I'm a newbie

Red Alert posted:

Is there another link to the May 14 show? The mediafire one doesn't work for me.

http://www.oxyph.net/blooshoo/Carolla/2009/05%20May/Loveline%2005-11to05-15/

better late then never?

TheKub
May 11, 2006

"Yay for fisting..."

I love how Drew says this with zero excitement.

Jeff Probst is once again a great guest.

TheKub fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 22, 2009

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Harminoff posted:

where does the "whooooooo cares" drop come from?
I'm pretty sure it's from Screwed.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Bolek posted:

His argument, that I have heard numerous times on his show, for "Why they hate us?" has nothing to do with imperialism or hegemony and everything to do with "They're jealous/They hate our freedoms". That is probably one of his most ridiculous views, and again seems to come from a basic lack of knowledge.

Every time he starts into that I want to call and try to educate him a bit, but I don't think he'd listen. I'm a little surprised really, he's not educated but our issues in the ME started during his lifetime, I would've thought he noticed the massive difference. Iran was a reasonably friendly westernized democracy until they took over BP and we installed the Shah. Sigh.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 22, 2009

Ghost Mutt
May 10, 2009

denizen posted:

i drink alkahal

God, she was so messed up.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Wow I found a bunch of Sublime bootlegs and there's clip of them on loveline with Carolla.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
The reunion week of Loveline was wonderful. I hope the two of them start up a Loveline podcast or whatever.

Adam ranges from barely tolerable to outright excruciating without Drew, and it makes me sad to know they could actually be doing something useful in this world while at the same time creating an entertaining product.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Man, does your pussy stink. Yeah, you love it bitch! Start sucking!

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag
Adam has definitely always leaned to the right, without any of the religious agenda. Same with Drew. Once Drew mentioned that when Bill Clinton was elected as president, he wrote down all the horrible things that would happen, and mailed it to himself so it would be postmarked as proof that he called it ahead of time.

Haha "Jizz Guzzling". I love those rarer Drew drops.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The board is obviously missing "If this is true you're going to go to jail buddy."

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Every time he starts into that I want to call and try to educate him a bit, but I don't think he'd listen. I'm a little surprised really, he's not educated but our issues in the ME started during his lifetime, I would've thought he noticed the massive difference. Iran was a reasonably friendly westernized democracy until they took over BP and we installed the Shah. Sigh.

While our involvement in the middle east did create a lot more blowback with the overthrow of Mossadegh, it did not, by any measure of accuracy start then, or within Adams lifetime(he was born a decade after the Shah was installed). There are a number of other things, but this isn't the thread to go into them. The point is that he would just bring up his German nephew and how he shouldn't be held responsible for the holocaust and go into some sort of reparations rant and completely miss the point.

ATLbeer
Sep 26, 2004
Über nerd

bananasinpajamas posted:

The board is obviously missing "If this is true you're going to go to jail buddy."

"I once passed out during anal sex"

Everything Dr. Bruce says should be on a sound board.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Bolek posted:

While our involvement in the middle east did create a lot more blowback with the overthrow of Mossadegh, it did not, by any measure of accuracy start then, or within Adams lifetime(he was born a decade after the Shah was installed). There are a number of other things, but this isn't the thread to go into them. The point is that he would just bring up his German nephew and how he shouldn't be held responsible for the holocaust and go into some sort of reparations rant and completely miss the point.

I was talking about the hostage crisis in 1979 as the beginning of the current issues with us, but yeah, there are other factors. My point was just that the "Arabs are inherently violent and it's impossible to live peaceably with them" position that Adam likes is ridiculous, if for no other reason than we were peaceful for the majority of our history.

I would be curious where you trace the Islamic extremism problem to, I studied it for my university's equivalent of a senior thesis and everything seemed to lead to the overthrow of the Shah and the support of the mujahideen in Afghanistan. Just names of events or something I can look up would be fine so we don't derail too much.

Coprophagor
Jan 16, 2007
poopspoopsmepotty

TheKub posted:

"Yay for fisting..."

I love how Drew says this with zero excitement.

Jeff Probst is once again a great guest.

I disagree, he's unfunny and comes off as a total tool

XBurritoXLogicX
Jun 26, 2005

by T. Finninho

drat NIGGA posted:

Wow I found a bunch of Sublime bootlegs and there's clip of them on loveline with Carolla.

If it's ok, could you post a link to that? I love Sublime and I love Loveline so this sounds like heaven.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

XBurritoXLogicX posted:

If it's ok, could you post a link to that? I love Sublime and I love Loveline so this sounds like heaven.

It's only 1-3 minutes. On the bootleg itself there's different radio clips too. My screen name is dother2 on AIM, message me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

I was talking about the hostage crisis in 1979 as the beginning of the current issues with us, but yeah, there are other factors. My point was just that the "Arabs are inherently violent and it's impossible to live peaceably with them" position that Adam likes is ridiculous, if for no other reason than we were peaceful for the majority of our history.

I would be curious where you trace the Islamic extremism problem to, I studied it for my university's equivalent of a senior thesis and everything seemed to lead to the overthrow of the Shah and the support of the mujahideen in Afghanistan. Just names of events or something I can look up would be fine so we don't derail too much.

It's really sad when I read your last post and thought "....and you think THAT's the reason they're doing all this now?".

Arabs don't really have to go back 20+ years to get pissed at us. We're doing tons of poo poo today that would drive Americans into a blood frenzy if it was done to us.

• Locked thread