Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

IndustrialPope posted:

Oh, good, it wasn't just me who thought that.

If anyone misses the spirit of Jorge Campos, check out the highlights from last night's Pachuca-Indios game, in which Pachuca's GK (Miguel Calero, whom I like a lot) took the field dressed as loving Bumblebee Guy from the Simpsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ4CaL074A0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I'm debating whether or not I want to get one of the new Arsenal away kits. Kitbag has them for $60 and they start shipping at the end of June. Shipping is shockingly reasonable for overseas prices.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Akileese posted:

I'm debating whether or not I want to get one of the new Arsenal away kits. Kitbag has them for $60 and they start shipping at the end of June. Shipping is shockingly reasonable for overseas prices.
If you get letters on them know that they're not the normal felt kind and instead are cheapo plastic ones.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

real_scud posted:

If you get letters on them know that they're not the normal felt kind and instead are cheapo plastic ones.

Is getting it from World Soccer Shop going to be any better than Kitbag?

e: Oh. You meant names and numbers right? I'm just getting a blank one so it should be fine?

Akileese fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 26, 2009

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
The latest barcode victim, FC Köln

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ka0 posted:

kind of makes sense with the grocery store sponser atleast. Maybe when you scan the shirt at Rewe it rings up?

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

Ka0 posted:

lol Christ that is hideous.

Some Clown
Apr 28, 2009

*honk*
^^

Why is a goat trying to mount their badge? :aaa:

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Some Clown posted:

^^

it has been doing that for years.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Hoover Dam posted:

If anyone misses the spirit of Jorge Campos

Campos is with me, I just took delivery of this natty little number from the 91/92 Gold Cup:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Vando posted:

Campos is with me, I just took delivery of this natty little number from the 91/92 Gold Cup:

You taking up horse racing?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Grez posted:

You taking up horse racing?

No, air traffic control.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Or a stock trader.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

Some Clown posted:

That's their mascot and nickname. They are called "die Geißböcke" which means as much as "billy goats".

They actually have a live goat called "Hennes" (named after their legendary double-winning manager Hennes Weisweiler) at all their home games.

There's the beaut.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Pour le Merite posted:

That's their mascot and nickname. They are called "die Geißböcke" which means as much as "billy goats".

I want to see them play Chivas (Guadalajara or LA, doesn't matter) and call it the Square Pupil Derby

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

It doesn't count as a mascot unless he has the replica kit on. That's just a goat in a coat.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

thehappyprince posted:

That's just a goat in a coat.

things mothers say when their daughters bring home Outrespective for dinner

Some Clown
Apr 28, 2009

*honk*

Pour le Merite posted:

They actually have a live goat called "Hennes" (named after their legendary double-winning manager Hennes Weisweiler) at all their home games.

There's the beaut.

I want to give him a cuddle. :neckbeard:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
That does it, FC Koln is my favourite German team from now on.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

New AC Milan kit for next season:

Click here for the full 598x809 image.

Note:
Maldini will never wear that kit, there's a chance Kaka won't and Seedorf is getting old too :)
Whoever proof-read the caption "Don't waste you time and wear the colors of AC Milan!" needs to re-learn english

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
All three already wore it against Roma :) It's been out since last week.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

GravityDaemon posted:

All three already wore it against Roma :) It's been out since last week.

Boo :(

Some Clown
Apr 28, 2009

*honk*

First Linfield, now Glentoran. What is it with Irish teams and pre-roast publicity shots?

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Some Clown posted:

First Linfield, now Glentoran. What is it with Irish teams and pre-roast publicity shots?

That's either really poor lighting, or the two at the back look like they're added in afterwards.

Some Clown
Apr 28, 2009

*honk*

MattWPBS posted:

That's either really poor lighting, or the two at the back look like they're added in afterwards.

They'll probably just stand around at the back when the other three get down to business.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Some Clown posted:

Guy on the left has to be a goon

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
Back right also has no legs.

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

Thought I'd share this site if people aren't aware of it:

http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/products.asp?cat=140

I've purposely linked to the Birmingham City page on it, but there is one for pretty much every club and it's amazing. Not football kits by any means but football related shirts.

I want to either get one with Olivier Tebily with the word 'bombscare' written underneath, or one with Heskey and 'Mission accomplished, return to base' on it.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Is there any reason why Barca had halves instead of stripes last year? Symbolic? Aesthetic?

st0rmjunkie_xl
Aug 4, 2004

Presumably because the more different it looks to the previous season's kit, the more people splash their cash and buy the new one.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Barcelona has never had a good kit because red and blue are a terrible stripe combination.

*buys garbage bag liverpool shirt*

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

I've purposely linked to the Birmingham City page on it, but there is one for pretty much every club and it's amazing. Not football kits by any means but football related shirts.

I want to either get one with Olivier Tebily with the word 'bombscare' written underneath, or one with Heskey and 'Mission accomplished, return to base' on it.

They've got Campbell on the Spurs one.

Temptation to get it with "Sol, Sol, wherever you may be..."

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

Some Clown posted:

Not as good looking as the Linfield girl

HolySwissCheese
Mar 26, 2005
Oooh... they can do Bob Wilson's face with the text Bob Wilson, Anchorman

Some Clown
Apr 28, 2009

*honk*

st0rmjunkie_xl posted:

I'm getting one of these bad boys. :snoop:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

New kits for Aberdeen FC of Scotland

Misread this as Bolton, it's actually Boston United of america

another picture of that Nike fake shirt

Spurs teaser image for upcoming kit

Hibernian FC JESUSLOOKATTHE SIZE OF THAT COLLAR

Also Kitbag has begun selling Barcelona Winners Range Items (china plastic memmorabilia) so go ape if thats your thing.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Ka0 posted:

Hibernian FC JESUSLOOKATTHE SIZE OF THAT COLLAR

Also Kitbag has begun selling Barcelona Winners Range Items (china plastic memmorabilia) so go ape if thats your thing.

poo poo kits for a poo poo team. Hideous. Marginally better than the sunshine on leith away kit, but then again throwing numerous colours of paint at a short sleeved t-shirt would look better.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
On the plus side, Aberdeen's doesn't look like they ordered it from their local JJB anymore.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Ka0 posted:

Misread this as Bolton, it's actually Boston United of america

Not sure if you're joking or not but that's Boston of Lincolnshire, not Boston of America.

Although the boston goals bits on soccer am were pretty funny to an american.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
AND THEY SCORE WITH THE HEADED SHOT INTO THE ONION BAG YEE HAW RANDY!