Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Starting with part 6 he is a zombie. Its interesting to speculate about, because in part 6 he is shot through the head and it doesn't seem to effect him in any way. I don't know if an appendage cut off of him would still be animated or not.

It doesn't really matter anymore since with the reboot he is no longer a zombie. I hope they make more new movies and turn him undead again though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoGoatee
Feb 23, 2005

by Fistgrrl

LeechCode5 posted:

Has there been any word yet on what exactly is getting changed/added in the "extended killer cut" of Friday the 13th? Don't think I'll have the cash to buy both versions on DVD (or to finally upgrade to a bluray player). I thought the theatrical cut was pretty drat good, and considering the extended cut of the Halloween remake just made that movie even worse I'm kinda hesitant.

Good question. It looks like the blu-ray comes with both versions, though the DVDs are sold seperately. Hmmm.

LeechCode5
Dec 19, 2004

Burn, Galactica! You're finished, Adama!

PsychoGoatee posted:

Good question. It looks like the blu-ray comes with both versions, though the DVDs are sold seperately. Hmmm.

Like I said, I ain't got the cash to finally upgrade to blu-ray yet, so I'm stuck having to go with ol' fashion DVDs. The fact the two different cuts are getting released separately on DVD kinda ticks me off.

I really am curious what the differences are gonna be between the two cuts. I read an article when the movie came out where the director said the extended cut would "feel like a completely different movie", but apparently the extended cut is only nine minutes longer... so either the director was exaggerating his rear end off or there's a whole lot of alternate scenes. I'm guessing the former.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I wonder if TCM has any relation to this scottish legend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawney_Bean

Sawney, Sawyer...kinda similar.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

The Remote Viewer posted:

Don't know, but that's where Wes Craven got the idea for The Hills Have Eyes.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Anyone in the UK planning to see Tormented this Friday?

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

The Remote Viewer posted:

The Texas Chainsaw massacre was really big where I grew up. I bet our older brothers were all told that old man whoever was the guy the movie was based on, and they then told us that some old guy down the road was the guy to scare us. Good times.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Just saw Tormented, thought it was a lot of fun, much better then the advertising make it look.

LeechCode5
Dec 19, 2004

Burn, Galactica! You're finished, Adama!
JoBlo posted what they claim is the first pics of Freddy Krueger from the new Nightmare on Elm Street. It's of Freddy BEFORE he was burned, but still kinda cool.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
At least Sorority Row Has the rating right Rated R: strong bloody violence, language, some sexuality/nudity and some partying Some partying? That part seems a little odd, so partying can help earn you an R rating?

Also the new teaser poster is so much better then the old one.

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006

Slasherfan posted:

Just saw Tormented, thought it was a lot of fun, much better then the advertising make it look.

What he said. Very creative in terms of kills, funny in places, and (i thought) a return to the slasher antagonists of old.

Ending was a kick in the balls though

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I finally saw My Bloody Valentine 3-D on DVD this weekend and it was alot better than I thought. But geez, was I supposed to feel sympathetic for Axel's character? Because I was totally rooting for the killer the whole movie and was glad to see he survived.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

I finally saw My Bloody Valentine 3-D on DVD this weekend and it was alot better than I thought. But geez, was I supposed to feel sympathetic for Axel's character? Because I was totally rooting for the killer the whole movie and was glad to see he survived.

I'm not sure we were supposed to root for anyone in that movie. Every character had some huge character flaw and the one that wasn't a cheater or annoying...

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Love the poster, hate the title.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Slasherfan posted:

Love the poster, hate the title.

Maybe its the last one.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

blackguy32 posted:

Maybe its the last one.

Doubt it, I mean if it's successful enough they'll make a sequel, if not they won't. I doubt it's a planned last one.
What would they call the next The Final Destination 2?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Slasherfan posted:

Doubt it, I mean if it's successful enough they'll make a sequel, if not they won't. I doubt it's a planned last one.

The Final Destination:For Real This Time

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
The Final Destination 3D

Fear my robot head.
Jul 4, 2007

THERE IS A SANTY CLAUSE!
The Final Final Destination. Finally.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I hope there never is a last Final Destination; I love those movies :)

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Darko posted:

I hope there never is a last Final Destination; I love those movies :)

Even better is that it comes from the makers of Part 2. As much as I love Morgan/Wong they seemed to take themselves too seriously at times. Though part 3 should be noted for it's out and out viciousness (Something they followed through with the Black Christmas remake. They really seemed to hate their own characters).

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

Even better is that it comes from the makers of Part 2. As much as I love Morgan/Wong they seemed to take themselves too seriously at times. Though part 3 should be noted for it's out and out viciousness (Something they followed through with the Black Christmas remake. They really seemed to hate their own characters).

Yes, i love how bright and "light" 2 felt and, while 3 had some nice deaths, it still felt too dark. That's actually one reason I've always liked Elm Street 4; it's just so bright and cheery and happy while people are getting creatively destroyed.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Slasherfan posted:

If they do, they should have the soundtrack comprised solely of songs by KISS, Ozzy Osbourne, and the Who - all three have done "farewell" tours in the past and then decided to continue on anyway.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Youtube has featured a 2 minute "behind the scenes" video on Halloween 2, which has some new footage in it. Looks interesting.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

LeechCode5 posted:

JoBlo posted what they claim is the first pics of Freddy Krueger from the new Nightmare on Elm Street. It's of Freddy BEFORE he was burned, but still kinda cool.

I guess I can reserve judgement until I see Freddy decked out as post-incinerated Freddy, but looking at that pic just kind of made me sad. That pic doesn't say Freddy to me...just looks like a guy in a striped shirt and a hat. The hat doesn't look quite right to me either. I can't shake the feeling that it's just not gonna feel like a Freddy movie (which I guess is what they want, with a reboot) but neh. Seems like it'll be more like watching a movie that ripped off a bunch of ideas from Nightmare on Elm Street than anything.

Of course I'm a firm member of the "there can't be a Freddy movie without Robert Englund" club, so that might have something to do with it.

Edit: Also we can't forget that the dude that's directing it has only ever directed loving MUSIC VIDEOS. Jesus christ.

spixxor fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 31, 2009

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

spixxor posted:

Edit: Also we can't forget that the dude that's directing it has only ever directed loving MUSIC VIDEOS. Jesus christ.

Yep. That's never worked out.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005069/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0327273/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000399/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1134029/

I'm not saying his lack of experience can't be a factor, but just because he cut his teeth in videos doesn't mean he's talentless.

soupy
Feb 20, 2007
I can't remember the name of an old horror movie. I believe it has that one quote "I'm here to kick rear end and chew bubble gum but I'm all out of gum." Hero wears 80s sunglasses and can see the people for the aliens they are. What is that movie? It has been bugging me for so long.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

soupy posted:

I can't remember the name of an old horror movie. I believe it has that one quote "I'm here to kick rear end and chew bubble gum but I'm all out of gum." Hero wears 80s sunglasses and can see the people for the aliens they are. What is that movie? It has been bugging me for so long.

They Live

soupy
Feb 20, 2007

Slasherfan posted:

They Live

Thanks! I couldn't remember it for the life of me.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

ClydeUmney posted:

Yep. That's never worked out.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005069/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0327273/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000399/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1134029/

I'm not saying his lack of experience can't be a factor, but just because he cut his teeth in videos doesn't mean he's talentless.

I'm sure he's not talentless, but it usually takes a couple of movies for a directer to hit his stride. I would have preferred someone who'd already earned his stripes to re-do a movie I grew up with.

I know I'm being somewhat unreasonable but I'm very attached to my Freddy movies.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

spixxor posted:

I'm sure he's not talentless, but it usually takes a couple of movies for a directer to hit his stride. I would have preferred someone who'd already earned his stripes to re-do a movie I grew up with.

I know I'm being somewhat unreasonable but I'm very attached to my Freddy movies.

Zack Snyder went from Commercials to 'Dawn of The Dead' and I think of all the complaints you can level at the movie, being poorly directed isn't one of them.

Also, those shots come from the flashback scenes, from before Freddy was 'Freddy' so it doesn't make sense to evil him up. Particularly since the mystery is if Freddy ever actually molested the Kids or did the parents take unwarranted action based on the comments of some vindictive children.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Freddy wasn't actually a child molester in the original series, just a child killer. They thought it was too controversial to address directly in a horror film at the time.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

DrVenkman posted:

Zack Snyder went from Commercials to 'Dawn of The Dead' and I think of all the complaints you can level at the movie, being poorly directed isn't one of them.

Also, those shots come from the flashback scenes, from before Freddy was 'Freddy' so it doesn't make sense to evil him up. Particularly since the mystery is if Freddy ever actually molested the Kids or did the parents take unwarranted action based on the comments of some vindictive children.

That's why I said usually. You can always find an exception to a rule no matter what it is. Maybe this guy is untapped talent and he'll blow it out of the water, maybe not. We'll see. But remaking a movie like Halloween where the killer is basically just a big dude with a knife as opposed to a villain with a personality, like Freddy, is a different kettle of fish. It could be the best directed movie in the world but if he doesn't nail Freddy's character then it's just not going to work. It's a fine line between awesome and just another slasher flick with a mindless killer. The whole premise of Freddy, going back to the scary, creepy route instead of campy and with modern day technology could be freaking awesome, if done right.

And Freddy was a child killer, that was pretty well established. He's not one of those "innocent guy wrongly killed and back for revenge" villains. The molestation thing I think is the angle they're going for in the reboot, it was kind of hinted at in the originals but not confirmed.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

spixxor posted:

And Freddy was a child killer, that was pretty well established. He's not one of those "innocent guy wrongly killed and back for revenge" villains. The molestation thing I think is the angle they're going for in the reboot, it was kind of hinted at in the originals but not confirmed.

Reboot surrounding plot spoilers:

What Venkman said is completely correct, given what has been released about the general plot of the reboot. There is supposed to be some question as to whether Freddy actually did molest the kids or not in the reboot.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

Darko posted:

Reboot surrounding plot spoilers:

What Venkman said is completely correct, given what has been released about the general plot of the reboot. There is supposed to be some question as to whether Freddy actually did molest the kids or not in the reboot.

Oh, poo poo. I was thinking of the originals but I get what he meant now. Ignore my rant then.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Looks like Final Destination 4s trailer will debut before The Hangover this Friday.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
The Final Destination trailer THE FINAL DESTINATION TRAILER!!!!!!
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&Video ID=58364012

PhonyMcRingRing
Jun 6, 2002

Slasherfan posted:

The Final Destination trailer THE FINAL DESTINATION TRAILER!!!!!!
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&Video ID=58364012

That link wasn't working for me, so here's a YouTube one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmaPmf8Od0

Personally, I hope the scene with the guy being stuck at the bottom of the pool turns out to be like "Guts"

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

spixxor posted:

That's why I said usually. You can always find an exception to a rule no matter what it is.
Mark Romanek and Marc Forster also had pretty good high-profile movies after a career in music videos. Hell, I'd venture to say that One Hour Photo is one of the freakiest movies ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time
Ugghhhh there's been talks of Saw 8 and Saw 9. I really wonder how many they're gonna put out. I stopped caring after watching the second one.