Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I literally have not a clue about US soccer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Hibernian FC JESUSLOOKATTHE SIZE OF THAT COLLAR

Both kits useless for away games against Celtic.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Ka0 posted:

I literally have not a clue about US soccer

Player play in the US, Rangers buy them, play them, and then sell them on to small EPL clubs for some form of profit.

See Reyna, Claudio. Hopefully not Edu or Beasley, 'cos those two are awesome.

Unless they're keepers. Then they go to a mid-table Premiership team and become fan favourites.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Semprini posted:

Both kits useless for away games against Celtic.

You'll have to use your International Away

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

ibroxmassive posted:

Player play in the US, Rangers buy them, play them, and then sell them on to small EPL clubs for some form of profit.

See Reyna, Claudio. Hopefully not Edu or Beasley, 'cos those two are awesome.

Unless they're keepers. Then they go to a mid-table Premiership team and become fan favourites.

This is honestly not a bad description.

But no, that Boston United is the Boston in Regular England, not the one in New England. There are a lot of towns here that share the same name as the towns over there, and I know more than one person who favors Portsmouth because they are from Portsmouth, New Hampshire. When I first started watching the EPL I always chuckled at the Sky Sports ticker showing scores from teams that, to me, look like they're all from the suburbs around here, like Braintree and Weymouth and Plymouth. (I'd see Southend vs Northampton and picture Gay Men and their Little Dogs vs Lesbian Hippies).

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Some Clown posted:

I'm getting one of these bad boys. :snoop:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Spurs teaser image for upcoming kit

ooooooh! I'm excited! :swoon:

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Directorman posted:

I don't think single colour full body stockings are the way to go.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattWPBS posted:

I don't think single colour full body stockings are the way to go.

Yeah how do they see through those things?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Are spurs just bringing 3 new kits out every year now or what?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Directorman posted:

Glory comes in three colours apparently. Slogan means literally nothing.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

ICA posted:

Glory comes in three colours apparently. Slogan means literally nothing.

Better that than "To Wear Is To Do". That was just annoying as all hell.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Terrible aye. I dunno where it's from though.

That Reebok (I think) one is annoying. gently caress, what was it? God drat it, forgotten.

Useless post is

edit: oh aye, it was 'impossible is nothing', which, again, makes literally no sense and also is allusion towards another nonsensical phrase (nothing is impossible). gently caress off.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

ICA posted:

That Reebok (I think) one is annoying. gently caress, what was it? God drat it, forgotten.

Useless post is

edit: oh aye, it was 'impossible is nothing', which, again, makes literally no sense and also is allusion towards another nonsensical phrase (nothing is impossible). gently caress off.

That was Adidas and it's a pretty good slogan to be honest.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
What? Impossible is nothing? I hate it.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Grez posted:

Are spurs just bringing 3 new kits out every year now or what?

Fine with me! :shobon:

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004

ICA posted:

Corruption of the club motto 'To Dare Is To Do'. Motto should still be the latin 'Audere Est Facere', very annoying they changed it.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

MattWPBS posted:

Corruption of the club motto 'To Dare Is To Do'. Motto should still be the latin 'Audere Est Facere', very annoying they changed it.

So it has history? That's cool, I like that then. It is kinda funny though in light of Spurs' recent 'success'.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ICA posted:

So it has history? That's cool, I like that then. It is kinda funny though in light of Spurs' recent 'success'.

Is the Carling Cup in 2008 really that long ago? Sure it's a Mickey Mouse trophy but they've won a trophy more recently than Arsenal, Chelsea, or Liverpool.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Dunno brah, only started watching The Football in 2009.

edit, i mean, who cares about spurs. since klinsmann, honestly, no one.

double edit. carling cup last season is NOT 'glory', no.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If it doesn't matter, can we have it then? I'll not say no to a trophy.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
New Sunderland goalie shirt

might have been classy were it not for the BOYLE: BOYLESPORTS LOOK ITS BOYLE, OF BOYLESPORTS thing.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ka0 posted:

might have been classy were it not for the BOYLE: BOYLESPORTS LOOK ITS BOYLE, OF BOYLESPORTS thing.

I think it's sexy as gently caress regardless of the BOYLESPORTS logo

Kulex
Apr 4, 2007

A shpectre is haunting Europe - the shpectre of Shlavoj Zizek... and so on and so on.
Boyle Sports

Flapper
Dec 20, 2002

Just reminiscing about the 80's.

Ka0 posted:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have a problem with sponsored kits? I don't mind them, it fills in the space and gives the clubs money, but I know others like to keep the integrity of the kits.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Flapper posted:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have a problem with sponsored kits? I don't mind them, it fills in the space and gives the clubs money, but I know others like to keep the integrity of the kits.

There's no integrity in football really.

I could see myself being annoyed if they just brought it in, but I don't remember a time when they weren't there.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Flapper posted:

The only problem I have with the Sunderland one is the way they cut out the background on Boylesports. Either have a flat addition or do something other than randomly leave in whitespace on O's but cut it for L's.

Flapper
Dec 20, 2002

Just reminiscing about the 80's.

ibroxmassive posted:

The only problem I have with the Sunderland one is the way they cut out the background on Boylesports. Either have a flat addition or do something other than randomly leave in whitespace on O's but cut it for L's.

Looking at it now that is annoying, goddamn I didn't even notice until you pointed it out :argh:

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Flapper posted:

Looking at it now that is annoying, goddamn I didn't even notice until you pointed it out :argh:

Yeah. Now it totally looks like BOY L ESP O RT S.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The Sunderland one is aggravating because it overdoes the advertising. Boyle or Boylesports, PICK ONE!

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

Mickolution posted:

There's no integrity in football really.

I could see myself being annoyed if they just brought it in, but I don't remember a time when they weren't there.

Barcelona and Unicef, you could argue that there's some integrity there

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Villa's sponsor, Acorn, is a charity too right? Though there's debate about whether that encourages people to give to the charity yada yada

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Flapper posted:

I don't have a problem with the per se, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist and prefer mine to be sponsorless.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I wouldn't mind Carling if the logo was straight, and was more than a sticker that peeled off in the wash.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

ibroxmassive posted:

I wouldn't mind Carling if the logo was straight, and was more than a sticker that peeled off in the wash.

Surely the fact that it peels off in the wash means you get a nice sponsor free shirt?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

Surely the fact that it peels off in the wash means you get a nice sponsor free shirt?

It doesn't peel properly. Just folds along the lines in the shirt, and loses colour and stuff. If you want a proper sponser-free one then you can ask in the shop, as long as you've got a team sponsered by booze/gambling.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Indeed, go back to the FA cup final and when the teams run out, look at the Everton mascots...

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Ugh what the gently caress is this?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

All the umbro kits are gettin that three tone collar, which look pretty poo poo.

The blue going down looks like a fatter version of the 05/06 Rangers away kit, but incorporating the 08/09 third kit break in the line for the sponsor.

edit: Expect it to look poo poo on the kids tops as well, because they won't carry the line down and there'll just be a gap where SBOBET used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

ibroxmassive posted:

edit: Expect it to look poo poo on the kids tops as well, because they won't carry the line down and there'll just be a gap where SBOBET used to be.

not blank by any means, but yeah they didnt use the space fully.