Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Ka0 posted:

In stark contrast to everything adidas so far, the newest Marseille kits are pretty

cool

I kind of liked the argyle kit. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8081787.stm

yeah we minted

Damion
Oct 21, 2004

Fight, fight fight, for the blue, green and white

MattWPBS posted:

Everton, running Chelsea a close second in the "worst bra style top" stakes?

the look on his face just says "Go ahead, make fun of my kit. Do it."

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Seriously, why all the bras? WHY?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

New OFFICIAL PROFESSIONAL GAME referee shirt:

Looks like a cheap training top, ridiculous white piping, shorts that don't match and look like they've been taken off a shelf in JJB for a fiver. Oh, and can anyone see a pocket anywhere?

You wouldn't think it's possible to gently caress up black shirt, black shorts, black socks with white tops, but there you go. Nice job, Umbro. It's even got a black collar, so if the great unwashed start buying it they're at risk of getting sanctioned by short-sighted county discipline departments.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

Trin Tragula posted:

Looks like a cheap training top, ridiculous white piping, shorts that don't match and look like they've been taken off a shelf in JJB for a fiver. Oh, and can anyone see a pocket anywhere?

You wouldn't think it's possible to gently caress up black shirt, black shorts, black socks with white tops, but there you go. Nice job, Umbro. It's even got a black collar, so if the great unwashed start buying it they're at risk of getting sanctioned by short-sighted county discipline departments.

Ugh I completely agree. I'm totally not going to be buying that either.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Trin Tragula posted:

Since when have refs had sponsors on their sleaves? gently caress this, I'm becoming a ref.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8081787.stm

yeah we minted

From an insurance company to a reinsurance company, how quaint.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Since when have refs had sponsors on their sleaves? gently caress this, I'm becoming a ref.

Several seasons. You'll notice it's the same sponsor as Arsenal which I'm astonished is allowed.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

They switched from Emirates to Air Asia in about 06 or 07.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Trin Tragula posted:

They switched from Emirates to Air Asia in about 06 or 07.

Scottish refs have the best sponsor, Specsavers!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

JingleBells posted:

Fantastic.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Surprised this hasn't been posted;

Alleged new Man U top, seen it elsewhere. Posted without context though so probably a mock up at best.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Isn't the Aon thing starting in the 10/11 season and not this coming one?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

ICA posted:

Alleged new Man U top, seen it elsewhere. Posted without context though so probably a mock up at best.

Looks like it's from the early '90s. Why's it as orange as it is red?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Thats the Umbro collar as well.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Well at least it was not another Fly Emirates.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

ICA posted:

That is this badly photoshopped:

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_details.aspx?pid=50015&cid=3969&tid=&bid=0&nav=

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Trin Tragula posted:

With AttwellVision background!

JingleBells posted:

Best remove that FIFA logo...

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Aww I was gonna say, that looked way too good to be a new kit this season with all the poo poo that's come out.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Several seasons. You'll notice it's the same sponsor as Arsenal which I'm astonished is allowed.

wasn't it Emirates when you guys were sponsored by them?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Italy's playing with this in the confederations cup...

If they got rid of the idiotic writing on it, it'd be quite nice. I like the big crest.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

GravityDaemon posted:

Italy's playing with this in the confederations cup...

If they got rid of the idiotic writing on it, it'd be quite nice. I like the big crest.

They'll sell a million more of those shirts in the states because of the writing. Italian-Americans go apeshit for anything that says "Italia" on it.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Shrapnac posted:

From an insurance company to a reinsurance company, how quaint.

Its sad to me that you get increasingly obscure companies showing up on shirts. When I was a kid I used to think Sharp and United were some sort of special friends or something, it really drives home that its just advertisement space for sale in a completely financial world when you get companies you wont have heard of and wont ever see or use their products or services.

I mean, it totally works. Millions of people have been googling Aon today, but it has ruined the fantasy for my 12 year old self.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

wasn't it Emirates when you guys were sponsored by them?

I think it came in the season after but I'd have the same objection then of course.

Is it the euro refs that still have Emirates? I'm sure I've seen it recently.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Semprini posted:

Best remove that FIFA logo...

I'm trying to figure this out, I've GIS'd several scottish refs and they all just have a FIFA badge on and specsavers badges:

I'm pretty sure these are from SPL games though:

Click here for the full 610x448 image.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma

Miles O'Brian posted:

Its sad to me that you get increasingly obscure companies showing up on shirts. When I was a kid I used to think Sharp and United were some sort of special friends or something

When I see JVC products my first thought is still "Arsenal!" same with other old sponsorship relationships like McLaren Racing and Marlboro cigarettes.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

Miles O'Brian posted:

Its sad to me that you get increasingly obscure companies showing up on shirts. When I was a kid I used to think Sharp and United were some sort of special friends or something, it really drives home that its just advertisement space for sale in a completely financial world when you get companies you wont have heard of and wont ever see or use their products or services.

I mean, it totally works. Millions of people have been googling Aon today, but it has ruined the fantasy for my 12 year old self.

It's harder to avoid buying AON-related products. It was much easier to boycott Sharp or Vodafone.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Dudley posted:

I think it came in the season after but I'd have the same objection then of course.

IIRC it was the season before Emirates switched from Chelsea to Arsenal.

quote:

Is it the euro refs that still have Emirates? I'm sure I've seen it recently.

Nope, referees in UEFA or FIFA competitions are currently still un-sponsored. Have you been watching any rugby or cricket recently? IRB rugby refs and elite cricket umpires have been running (or strolling) around with Fly Emirates branding for quite a few years now.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Trin Tragula posted:

IIRC it was the season before Emirates switched from Chelsea to Arsenal.

Nope, referees in UEFA or FIFA competitions are currently still un-sponsored. Have you been watching any rugby or cricket recently? IRB rugby refs and elite cricket umpires have been running (or strolling) around with Fly Emirates branding for quite a few years now.

Maybe that's where I missed the shift. I was also sure I'd seen Emirates and Air Asia on the same shirt and assumed they were related which apparently I didn't and they're not.

Either way, the fact it related to my team is irrelevant to my displeasure. I actually don't think officials should be sponsored at all. It's the definition of a conflict of interest.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
I would never buy a Candy appliance.

edit: Or a Brother printer.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Grez posted:

I would never buy a Candy appliance.

edit: Or a Brother printer.

Autoglass can gently caress right off too.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Rumoured new Middlesbrough shirt. Although it looks like a photoshop, it was on the website in question and then pulled overnight, so there may be some element of truth to it.

If it turns out to be anything like that I might buy one, though to be honest anything will be better than that goddawful Adidas mesh template.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Dell_Zincht posted:

Rumoured new Middlesbrough shirt. Although it looks like a photoshop, it was on the website in question and then pulled overnight, so there may be some element of truth to it.

That looks like one of Adidas's 06-07 templates, though. The common link the new Adidas jerseys I've seen--look up Houston, Seattle, and RBNY--is big blank spaces on the sleeves for league patches/flags/your ad here.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Painted my house with Crown Paints :c00l:

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
I just bought from Soccer Triads for the first time on goon recommendations even although a google search for the company seems to bring up some dodgy experience. So if my bank account is now in the possession of Asian gangsters then you all can go to hell you sons of bitches

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Dudley posted:

I actually don't think officials should be sponsored at all. It's the definition of a conflict of interest.

Oh, absolutely. Of course, if they didn't have sponsorship, where the hell else are they going to get the money to do anything? It's not like central investment in referee development could possibly improve football in any way, shape or form. Not when you could give that money to Arsenal so Wenger can get one step closer to achieving his dream of filling the team bath entirely with tenners.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Trin Tragula posted:

Oh, absolutely. Of course, if they didn't have sponsorship, where the hell else are they going to get the money to do anything?

The FA obviously.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Trin Tragula posted:

Not when you could give that money to Arsenal so Wenger can get one step closer to achieving his dream of filling the team bath entirely with teenagers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Russ posted:

I just bought from Soccer Triads for the first time on goon recommendations even although a google search for the company seems to bring up some dodgy experience. So if my bank account is now in the possession of Asian gangsters then you all can go to hell you sons of bitches

What did you buy?