Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
Nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

A re-post, but today was the first time I've had all my cars outside together. I didn't spend much time positioning them so the BMW looks a little lonely.

(72 510, 87 951, 91 318is)

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
One day, Bloot. One day you will own a car with an actual name (instead of an alphanumeric soup). On that day, the skies will rain blood, dogs will lie down with cats, et cetera, et cetera...

That 510 is hot.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Thanks, I just had some body and paint work done to it and just got some new 195/55-14s (more properly sized than the previous 195/60-14s), so it's looking better than it has in the past while.

The only time I owned a car with a non alphanumeric name (out of nine cars over the last 12 years) was a $280 Crown Victoria LTD. Coincidentally it was also the only non 4 cylinder car I've ever owned. Blood rained.

(sort of) Fun facts about my current stable:
-three 4 cylinder mills -- one 16V NA, one 8V NA, one 8V Turbo
-All RWD with LSD's
-The four door is the only two seater
-All have a second set of wheels and tires, which are the same style as the first but in a different finish
-One of them is almost always broken or in the shop

Blooot fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 30, 2009

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Huh. I would have figured the 951 for being a two-seater as well. Do you track any of them (you've probably posted this before, but it's hard to keep count of who does/doesn't)?

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Simkin posted:

Huh. I would have figured the 951 for being a two-seater as well. Do you track any of them (you've probably posted this before, but it's hard to keep count of who does/doesn't)?

It's a 2+2. Both it and the 510 are caged (and get tracked), but 510's cage is much much more substantial. The 944's cage is a really nicely integrated 6 point with removable diagonals, door bars and harness bar, so with those pulled the back seats can fit a human or two albeit uncomfortably and dangerously close to the cage. I've been meaning to install padding on the bars in the back for this reason.

The 944 broke the last time I took it to Thunderhill, and it is much more expensive to fix (and less fun to drive) than the 510 so it is mostly used as a grand tourer/commuter. I am taking it hillclimbing in Oregon in a couple weeks though as the 510's 120whp is not quite enough to make uphill racing exciting anymore.

Action photos!

510 @ Targa NFLD 2007

My dad driving the 951 at Targa in 2005

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Here's mine:

Not bad for cell phone pics.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Blooot posted:

A re-post, but today was the first time I've had all my cars outside together. I didn't spend much time positioning them so the BMW looks a little lonely.

I already knew what cars you own, as I pay attention and remember things, but seeing them together just made me realize what a loving kickass selection of DD's that would be.

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma

Blooot posted:

I am taking it hillclimbing in Oregon in a couple weeks though as the 510's 120whp is not quite enough to make uphill racing exciting anymore.

More information on this please. my car loves hills.

nattrass
Feb 2, 2009

GazChap posted:

Nice looking four my friend!

Just needs the high rise wrc spoiler to complete it.

(maybe some castrol graphics too)

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Blooot posted:

NICE.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Blooot posted:

gently caress the guys with supercars, this driveway actually makes me jealous :v:

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I'd post my new ride but Habibus pretty much did that already... Stryker Blue 09 Pontiac G8 GT with sport and premium packages.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Blooot posted:

racing everything with wheels on it

Ah, now I remember - you posted a thread about that 944 waaaay back, didn't you, about how your dad bought it as a Euro delivery, and you had a kickass travellogue.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

nattrass posted:

Just needs the high rise wrc spoiler to complete it.
(maybe some castrol graphics too)
Both on the cards :coal:

I've got some carbon-fibre riser blocks coming at the start of June, and then I just need to get myself a pre-facelift tailgate and spoiler.

Castrol graphics will be going on once I've got a decent quote for the work.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Crustashio posted:

gently caress the guys with supercars, this driveway actually makes me jealous :v:

Agreed 100%. I would drive either of those cars exlusively for the rest of my life if I had the choice.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GazChap posted:

Both on the cards :coal:

I've got some carbon-fibre riser blocks coming at the start of June, and then I just need to get myself a pre-facelift tailgate and spoiler.

Castrol graphics will be going on once I've got a decent quote for the work.

Noo please dont put the castrol graphics on it, thats going to be just as bad as all the chavs who livery up their tatty wrx's. The car looks great as is anyway!

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Simkin: yeah, the story of the 944 was earlier in this very thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post353781307

hippynerd posted:

More information on this please. my car loves hills.

The event in particular: http://ssccmedford.org/HillClimbNews.aspx
Similar events: http://www.nhahillclimb.org/09Schedule.html

Thanks guys, your enthusiasm helps me deal with the reality of keeping these three cars running and on the road. The Porsche is a money pit ($5k into it so far this year, with more to come), the 510 has ridiculous levels of NVH, and the BMW is pretty boring and desperately needs attention from me in terms of maintenance and fixing little things. I often wonder what it would be like to just own one modern sports car that isn't always breaking, but then I remember that I basically can't get rid of the 510 or the 944. Too much time and money in the first, and the family heirloom aspect of the second -- I was told I wasn't allowed to sell it.

They do look awesome as a set though, which is a plus.

Blooot fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 31, 2009

drive_the_hive
Jan 2, 2008

by T. Fine
Mhh, I love this baby. It's only a 1.4 @ 85 hp, but it's the perfect balance between saving gas and the rush of adrenaline when I let go of the clutch.

Even though it's just a coupé, it feels and acts just like a sedan which is somehting I really admire about it. Other coupés feel a little shaky and act just like a small car would act but this thing rides so smoothly... I love it.

Lovin' the design, really.

Interieur is futuristic and comfortable. The powersteering mechanism in this car is fantastic. Smooth as warm butter.

Don't mind the rims, though. They're my 15" winter rims and tires. I'll post pics of the 17" summer version tomorrow. They look amazing.

It's been 5 months of love sofar and I hope there's many more years to follow.

a appropriate emote
Dec 24, 2008

:m10:

drive_the_hive posted:

Isuzu?

Jacket
Jan 14, 2006

like.a.kite posted:

Isuzu?

New Seat Ibiza 3dr. I think the new ones really look excellent. I have an older (more beat up) Cupra. Sadly no pictures at the moment!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I just bought this today. 2007 Civic Si with 15,800 miles. I took these pictures off the dealer website because I really couldn't do any better myself.

She looks a bit strange parked next to my 88 Crown Vic.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I finally got around to taking some pictures of my new G8.

Its a big change from the Lightning I traded in for it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Orvin posted:

I finally got around to taking some pictures of my new G8.

Its a big change from the Lightning I traded in for it.

Manual? (is the gxp even available with a automatic?) I love these cars so much, I can't wait to pick one up in a few years.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

blugu64 posted:

Manual? (is the gxp even available with a automatic?) I love these cars so much, I can't wait to pick one up in a few years.

Yup, I got one with a manual. It had been years since I had driven a manual, but this car is pretty forgiving. The GXP is available in an auto.

The greatest thing was when I was about to leave the dealership with it (Early may after GM had axed Pontiac), a different salesman walked up and asked me how I felt about owning a car that was going to be rare for awhile. I replied that it is going to be rare pretty much forever.

Orvin fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 4, 2009

Willy Lee
Aug 20, 2008

Orvin posted:

Yup, I got one with a manual. It had been years since I had driven a manual, but this car is pretty forgiving. The GXP is available in an auto.

The greatest thing was when I was about to leave the dealership with it (Early may after GM had axed Pontiac), a different salesman walked up and asked me how I felt about owning a car that was going to be rare for awhile. I replied that it is going to be rare pretty much forever.

Really nice car, rare but with lots of cousins. Probably biased now but would you of preferred the commodore front bar?

GTi_guy
Oct 21, 2003

avas ye, matey

Q_res posted:

I just bought this today. 2007 Civic Si with 15,800 miles. I took these pictures off the dealer website because I really couldn't do any better myself.

Other than those HFP wheels, I like the car. Hooray for another member of the "Stock Si" club.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Here's what I've been driving for a while.

Click here for the full 1024x680 image.

pdavious
Dec 31, 2008
My WRX UK300 (hopefully not for much longer)...

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Coffee Jones posted:

A local dealer was offering a used (repoed?) one with a six speed + sport package for $30k and there is smoke coming out of my ears with the tug of war between 'fiscal sensibility in a recession' and :iamafag: VQ37VHR in a two seat package with an LSD :iamafag:

You say that like the rear seats in the G37 are usable.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

kimcicle posted:

You say that like the rear seats in the G37 are usable.

I don't think the back seats of the Nissan Skyline were EVER usable. Though not as bad as the back seats of the Lexus SC430:

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Seriously, how does anyone FIT in there?!

The Amazing Rainbow
Mar 16, 2008

Gimmick.
"This kid is a living fakepost."

Q_res posted:

was this in new jersey?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

GTi_guy posted:

Other than those HFP wheels, I like the car. Hooray for another member of the "Stock Si" club.

I usually hate the 'wheels painted to match car' thing myself, but I kinda like it on this car for some reason. And you might be happy to know I plan on leaving it completely stock. I'm learning how to drive stick in it, it's a lot easier to pick up than I thought it'd be.

The Amazing Rainbow posted:

was this in new jersey?

No Kentucky. Although, you did remind me of something. What do you guys recommend to get rid of the dealer sticker without damaging the paint?

The Amazing Rainbow
Mar 16, 2008

Gimmick.
"This kid is a living fakepost."

Q_res posted:

No Kentucky. Although, you did remind me of something. What do you guys recommend to get rid of the dealer sticker without damaging the paint?

just use regular auto soap to scrub it after you peel it, then some windex will take it right off.

on another note:

finally got her home and cleaned properly

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

obligatory..

and her engine bay.

nothing special but i love her :3:

thenacnud
Jul 22, 2001

eating the arctic circle candy
My 996 turbo with GT2 wing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon
edit: nevermind

Taaaaaaarb! fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 5, 2009

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Q_res posted:

What do you guys recommend to get rid of the dealer sticker without damaging the paint?

Taking a hairdryer to it for a while may make it easier to peel off.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Ormy posted:

Yesss I love Capris :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ormy posted:

Does it play the theme to "The Professionals" when you scream to a stop? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ormy posted:

Mark 3? Nice. And it's the 2.8 Injection?

I am incredibly angry at Ford NA for turning our Capri into a Fox-body shitpile, meaning we never got that beauty (Only the Mk.I and Mk.II, and those are unbelieveably hard to find now).

It have the four speed or five speed?