Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
The new Spain top which is my first Spanish national team shirt since the fancypants Euro 96 one with the blue border down the right shoulder. I am buying this shirt to display my support for a team I have no real connections with which has struggled in recent years to hit top form and now only when they are top of the world am I declaring my undying support for them. So this is how it feels...to be a glory hunter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Russ posted:

The new Spain top which is my first Spanish national team shirt since the fancypants Euro 96 one with the blue border down the right shoulder. I am buying this shirt to display my support for a team I have no real connections with which has struggled in recent years to hit top form and now only when they are top of the world am I declaring my undying support for them. So this is how it feels...to be a glory hunter...

I'm going to buy the same one and scour gorgie for you.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
I'll be drinking red wine in the La Tasca tapas bar round the corner from Waverley Bridge while dreaming of Guilleme Balague

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

JingleBells posted:

I'm trying to figure this out, I've GIS'd several scottish refs and they all just have a FIFA badge on and specsavers badges:
It was a reference to the original picture being of Iain Brines, who's been dropped from the FIFA list for being poo poo.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Russ posted:

I'll be drinking red wine in the La Tasca tapas bar round the corner from Waverley Bridge while dreaming of Guilleme Balague

If they bring you morcilla without visible rice kernels in it, scoff, throw it back at them and declare that you want the real stuff.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK I have to give a shout out to the good people at the United online store.

After United won the Premier League, I ordered the "18 times" T-shirt and a couple of other shirts. They were very popular and had run out, so my order was postponed for 10 days or so. After this, they upgraded my shipping to free UPS courier delivery, which arrived overnight. From UK to Finland.

Their supplier had hosed up majorly and one of my shirts was actually an S size. I could maybe wear that as a cap, so I contacted customer support. After repeated apologies they sent me a replacement shirt, again by courier, again overnight. It was size S too, so the entire batch was bad. Many apologies later my money has been refunded, they let me keep the shirts and I got a gift certificate "as compensation for my invonvenience".

Now that's customer service.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Der Shovel posted:

Now that's customer service.
The gift certificate is cursed.

In the coming weeks, your skin tone will get darker, and you'll have an irresistible urge to wear tiny shorts, really tight t-shirts, and generally look like a homosexual. When people come near you, your body will involuntarily convulse and you'll find yourself on the deck. When you don't hear a whistle, you won't be able to stop yourself gesticulating wildly at anyone nearby wearing black. Eventually, you'll morph into a giant vagina, and everyone shall call you Cristiano.

The moral of this story: Never trust customer service departments. They're always up to something.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Of course that's the 2nd best customer service.

The best is giving you what you ordered in the first place.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dudley posted:

Of course that's the 2nd best customer service.

The best is giving you what you ordered in the first place.

Yeah, well considering their entire batch was faulty I can't exactly hold a grudge against them for not delivering.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil
Some stupid sneak preview thing of the new City kits, at least we know that the leaked pictures are real and the bits we can see look loving great:

Home

Away

3rd Kit

Keeper

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
the crest on the home kit especially looks beautiful

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

New Sunderland away kit. Really undecided on this, The strip itself looks quite nice but the choice of colours is just bizarre.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I think it'd look better if some hooligan hadn't pissed all over the backdrop.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
A Man City home, long-sleeve shirt is going to go on my purchase list this summer. They look much nicer than even the Madrid tops that have been "leaked" so far.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

glad that it looks like the third is going to have the smaller sponsor logo (just under the badge), too - that's a nice touch.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
If Manchester City got rid of those ridiculous stars on their crest then we'd be talking.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Aye those stars loving annoy me.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

ICA posted:

Aye those stars loving annoy me.

Have they won three titles?

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Directorman posted:

hahahah

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Directorman posted:

3 away matches.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Dudley posted:

3 matches.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Well, gently caress

quote:

The current club crest was adopted in 1997, a result of the previous crest being ineligible for registration as a trademark. The badge is based on the arms of the city of Manchester, and consists of a shield in front of a golden eagle. The shield features a ship on its upper half representing the Manchester Ship Canal, and three diagonal stripes in the lower half, for the city's three rivers. The bottom of the badge bears the motto Superbia in Praelia, which almost translates as Pride in Battle in Latin.[18] Above the eagle and shield are three stars, which are purely decorative.[19]

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
I like City, but it's honestly one of the stupidest things considering the crest would actually look better without them.

Unless the league title this year, then it'll all work out splendidly.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Noel Gallagher on our new kits:

Noel posted:

Went round to Umbro to see Man City's new kits for next season. Tell you what, even if we don't win anything next season we'll be the best looking team in the league. No question. They are the bollocks.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I think City benefits from having a sponsor with a sleek and simple logo. Even the Thomas Cook ones weren't too terrible.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
The Umbro logo itself is pretty horrible, the only real logo that is lovely is Nike's.

The Acolyte
May 21, 2007
Any news on the new United kits yet? (besides the blatant photoshop "effort" a few pages back)

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
The stars are for the three Club World Cups that they expect to win in the future.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Acolyte posted:

Any news on the new United kits yet? (besides the blatant photoshop "effort" a few pages back)

I honestly don't know. I expect them to keep AIG sponsorship for next year - AON isn't starting until the following season, and I doubt somebody would jump in for just one year (which rules out the Saudi Telecom shirts seen floating around the Internet).

The more likely one is honestly the old Mexico shirt-looking one, if only because one of the images spotted was a Nike advertisement done in the exact style of the confirmed Villa one for their new away shirt. Unless it's a great photoshop, but I doubt it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Is there any question that Umbro and Nike are the only major companies that can design a kit? All the Adidas, Puma, and Reebok kits have looked dreadful.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Raptor Jesus posted:

Is there any question that Umbro and Nike are the only major companies that can design a kit?

Umbro is owned by Nike now too.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Slowly but surely Canterbury's experience with rugby kits will produce top quality designs further contesting the nike-adidas-umbro hegemony.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Much as it makes the bile rise those city shirts do look classy, in spite of the comedy badge. I didn't realise Umbro were sticking with the England retro theme for their clubs too.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

Grez posted:

Much as it makes the bile rise those city shirts do look classy, in spite of the comedy badge. I didn't realise Umbro were sticking with the England retro theme for their clubs too.

Cook has confirmed when we get to a final we will get the Manchester coat of arms as our badge as we always have. Will look even classier.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

quote:

Above the eagle and shield are three stars, which are purely decorative.

*Dies laughing*

Electro Panic
Aug 2, 2008

by angerbotSD

Dudley posted:

*Dies laughing*

One star for each position outside of European football they end up in next years table?

Electro Panic
Aug 2, 2008

by angerbotSD

harperdc posted:

I honestly don't know. I expect them to keep AIG sponsorship for next year - AON isn't starting until the following season, and I doubt somebody would jump in for just one year (which rules out the Saudi Telecom shirts seen floating around the Internet).

The more likely one is honestly the old Mexico shirt-looking one, if only because one of the images spotted was a Nike advertisement done in the exact style of the confirmed Villa one for their new away shirt. Unless it's a great photoshop, but I doubt it.

Has AIG already payed their sponsorship money? Didn't they go epicly tits up in the financial crash?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jollzwhin posted:

Cook has confirmed when we get to a final we will get the Manchester coat of arms as our badge as we always have. Will look even classier.

Oh man, so when never rolls around you guys will look great. Can't wait!

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001

MattWPBS posted:

Everton, running Chelsea a close second in the "worst bra style top" stakes?

I know this is old news (for this thread), but I couldn't post all day and I just want to express how terrible these look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Jollzwhin posted:

Manchester City and classy does not compute.