Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

100 Years in Iraq posted:

People ask all the time why I live here because Mormons, lol. That's why I live here, and that's not even close to the best scenery to be had.

Took me a second to realize that you don't, in fact, live there because of the Mormons.

Those are some really nice views. I can't wait to get out on a MC trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Z3n posted:

That looks fantastic, :f5: for the ride report :)

I bought one of these recently, it should show up soon. HD racing? :hellyeah: Only 270$, too.

http://www.vholdr.com/contourhd/overview

What site did you find it for $270 at? All the ones I've checked are $300.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Slim Pickens posted:

What site did you find it for $270 at? All the ones I've checked are $300.

They're being sold through Axial Video. 279$, sorry. They're just doing this for preorders. Great group of guys, lotta support for the local racers :)

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I have to get in a few good preview shots before PlasticSun shows all of my stuff up. I took ~900 pictures. :cry:

Most important shots:

Finally rolled over 30,000 miles on this trip. :w00t:

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Can you give me any higher resolution shots of those for backgrounds :ohdear:

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
Cheers for posting the info about that camera Z3n, looks like a great bit of gear at a good price.

Now, to wait for the AUD to grow a bit stronger against the USD again, and to improve my track riding to the point where it might be worth recording :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

FlyinDoc posted:

Cheers for posting the info about that camera Z3n, looks like a great bit of gear at a good price.

Now, to wait for the AUD to grow a bit stronger against the USD again, and to improve my track riding to the point where it might be worth recording :)

Video can actually do a suprisingly good job of helping you learn more about how you ride. Mount it to the front of the bike, and take your fastest lap, and see what you did differently or right. Update your reference markers, etc. accordingly...it's a very handy tool.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Z3n posted:

They're being sold through Axial Video. 279$, sorry. They're just doing this for preorders. Great group of guys, lotta support for the local racers :)

No problem, just got it through REI and used a $100 dividend toward it. That store rules sometimes.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

rope kid posted:

I have to get in a few good preview shots before PlasticSun shows all of my stuff up. I took ~900 pictures. :cry:

You lucky mofo. Tell me how the riding was throughout Wyoming. Its a dream of mine to find a good job up there and ride till I die.

*To add some content, found this on ADVRIDER:

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 6, 2009

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
^^^ That's going to hurt.

To the guys posting pictures about Utah.

POST THE loving RIDE REPORT ALREADY. :mad: :D

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
http://www.wimp.com/motorcycleprank/

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlXVCVMr_pk

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I love how 90% of the people they "prank" don't even react. :rolleyes:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Oh, Fast Bikes, doing retarded poo poo on motorcycles since the dawn of time. :allears:

[working title]
Dec 7, 2004
Aaargh!

someones having fun with the descriptions

http://www.motorworks.co.uk/bmw/other/breakingbikes.php

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

I love how 90% of the people they "prank" don't even react. :rolleyes:

and the one chick who runs out is obviously a plant

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

what the gently caress

Youtube of jump practice

Story

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person
Me at today's trackday at Knutstorp, Sweden. The forecast said rain, but all we got was sun :) I'm now in step 3 of 3 in the green class, won't be long before I do free for all races (well, barring money and time)

Click here for the full 604x404 image.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Stunt show at a parking lot to raise charity in Daly City, CA

Spartak
May 12, 2007
what matters most is how well you walk through the fire

Spiffness posted:

what the gently caress

hell yes!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Car lane splits some bikes. The comments are pretty awesome though, some good :slapfight: going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8fGzzWKXG4

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Silver posted:

Car lane splits some bikes. The comments are pretty awesome though, some good :slapfight: going on.

Everyone in this video is stupid.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Everyone in this video is stupid.

Other videos posted by user are just as bad.

Late night bike night freeway stuntin' bro!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Silver posted:

Ha, I ride that same stretch of road almost every day.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Silver posted:

I was waiting for the part where the car swerved towards a bike and it never happened. Still if some chicks cut that close to me I would be pretty pissed.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Silver posted:

I can understand them being absolutely enraged to have that happen...but why the gently caress would you ride side-to-side with the drat car? The person driving it just about killed two of you, is it really wise to put yourself in position to get ran over again?

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 10, 2009

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
I figure she was behind them, in the youtube comments they were saying they were rolling like 50-60 and the speedlimit is 70 on that road. Texas drivers being as aggressive as they are, bitch done just said "welp" and cut through them. The description is misleading as I didn't see the car really try to take anyone out. But I can see them being pissed about it. Still though, dropping off the speed limit and taking up all 3 lanes on a 70mph highway? That's just being retarded. And in Texas, asking for it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
GOD BLESS TEXAS

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
It's one thing do something stupid at your own risk(highway squidding), it's another when you're putting someone else at risk (3400lb car vs squid).

I'll take the side of the innocent bystander : wtf was anyone thinking in that video.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
I did find it amusing how as soon as the bitches split the lane, they swarmed the car like angry little bees :3:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Stoic Commie posted:

I did find it amusing how as soon as the bitches split the lane, they swarmed the car like angry little bees :3:
angry little bees with no stingers and all they can do is buzz around real fast and glare at their target and make loud engine noises

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

UserNotFound posted:

It's one thing do something stupid at your own risk(highway squidding), it's another when you're putting someone else at risk (3400lb car vs squid).

I'll take the side of the innocent bystander : wtf was anyone thinking in that video.

It takes two to tango. Road rage is always a two person affair.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

HD Video test:

http://www.vimeo.com/5086887

SD Video test:

http://www.vimeo.com/5086798

Shutter wobble sucks. This is with the new ContourHD. It wasn't mounted super securely, so I'm sure it'll improve a bit with proper mounting.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Z3n posted:

Shutter wobble sucks. This is with the new ContourHD. It wasn't mounted super securely, so I'm sure it'll improve a bit with proper mounting.

Need more front wheel hopping. Did you have tape over the mic?

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Z3n posted:

HD Video test:

http://www.vimeo.com/5086887

SD Video test:

http://www.vimeo.com/5086798

Someone on a local forum is selling what is a basically new one of those for $200. I'd buy it but I don't think my riding is particularly noteworthy and I don't really have a lot of income right now.

EDIT: Nvm, it's not the ContourHD... must be an older model. What's the difference?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Someone on a local forum is selling what is a basically new one of those for $200. I'd buy it but I don't think my riding is particularly noteworthy and I don't really have a lot of income right now.

EDIT: Nvm, it's not the ContourHD... must be an older model. What's the difference?

The older model doesn't support high def. I don't think I'd buy one unless you had a good reason, and 200$ is too much when for 80$ more you can get the newer better model.

NeuralSpark posted:

Need more front wheel hopping. Did you have tape over the mic?

I just had it strapped to the right mirror. It'll get properly mounted (although I don't have a windshield still, :sigh:) on the trackbike.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
If dumbass bikers were taking up all three lanes straight across at 10-20 under the speed limit to create distance for wheelies and I had somewhere to be quickly I would blow by them, too. Sorry, when you're willfully making other people's lives difficult and exuding a sense of self entitlement to the entire highway you're inviting a dangerous situation. I'm not condoning any of the behavior prior to or after the pass, but the pass was clean and they left motorists little other option if they were time constrained.

I'm also not the least bit shocked that Jack the Smack has bar none the dumbest comment on the video.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Z3n posted:

How do you have this mounted? I might get this to document my cross country trip.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

How do you have this mounted? I might get this to document my cross country trip.

I just had a tiedown attached to my mirror, using their goggle strap mount.

If I were doing it more permenantly and helmet cams weren't prohibited in the AFM, I'd mount it to my helmet using their attached mount. As it is, I'll probably mount it to the front triple on my motorcycle and go from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

why do they prohibit helmet cams?