Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist
"Bugby's Fastball Pitching Arm"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

rotinaj posted:

Haha. Throwing an item? Who needs that? All V needs is MAGE HAND.

Haha.

Mage Hand cannot affect magical items. Even when it comes to non-magical items, it can only propel them 15 feet beyond its range, which is close (25' + 2' per level).

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

bison wings posted:

"Bugby's Fastball Pitching Arm"

"Evan's Tentacles of Fast Pitch Softball" :colbert:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Maldraedior posted:

"Evan's Tentacles of Fast Pitch Softball" :colbert:

"Mordenknockoff's Slingshot"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

"Spenser's Slightly Modified, Mostly Hovering Discus"

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Burlews Big Blowjob

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Thinking back to the strip with the oracle isn't it impossible for Xycon to be destroyed here? He still has to get within 1000 feet of Girard's gate.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Cliff Racer posted:

Thinking back to the strip with the oracle isn't it impossible for Xycon to be destroyed here? He still has to get within 1000 feet of Girard's gate.

I dont remember Xykon ever going to the oracle, either in the main strip or in Start of Darkness, what are you referring to?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Kuroshi posted:

I dont remember Xykon ever going to the oracle, either in the main strip or in Start of Darkness, what are you referring to?

When Roy screwed himself out of knowing which gate Xykon was actually heading for next, the oracle said that, of the two named, he'd be near Girard's gate first.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Kuroshi posted:

He's taking about this strip.

drat you, FredMSloniker! :argh:

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Cliff Racer posted:

I don't think anyone thinks he'll be destroyed here.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gally posted:

I don't think anyone thinks he'll be destroyed here.

A few people talked about Red Cloak taking over as main villain so I'm pretty sure some people did.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0340.html

Just came across this comic - With all the teleporting that's been going on recently, conjuration was V's barred school and she couldn't learn teleport. I guess the soul spice could override this, do epic levels allow for this to be negated too?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
V was able to cast teleport whiles/he had the soul splices because the souls were the ones casting the spell. Now that they're gone, V can't teleport.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
New strip brings the return of an old friend.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Gnahahahahaha awesome

Undone by *explosive runes*. The sheer cheek!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I admit, I cracked up pretty hard when I saw the last panel.
Well done, Rich. :golfclap:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Took me a minute to remember, but goddamn that's an effective way to gently caress Xykon up.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If V has a signature spell, that's got to be it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Xykon survives whatever happens when Exploding Runes go off right next to the rift, he's going to kill V and O-Chul in the most hideous ways imaginable.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Oh hell yes. Rich has been on fire lately.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

zeal posted:

If Xykon survives whatever happens when Exploding Runes go off right next to the rift, he's going to kill V and O-Chul in the most hideous ways imaginable.

He'll survive somehow. It would be too one-in-a-million for it to discorporate his physical body *and* toss the phylactery into the rift, right?

Besides, we still have the Chekov's gun hanging of the MitD; he has to come into this fight somehow.

Unless he's going to save V and O-Chul from Redcloak...

Iggy Johnson
Mar 11, 2007

It doesn't work if you beg.

sfwarlock posted:

He'll survive somehow. It would be too one-in-a-million for it to discorporate his physical body *and* toss the phylactery into the rift, right?

But, as we all know, one-in-a-million shots happen nine times out of ten.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

zeal posted:

If Xykon survives

There is no if, he absolutely will make it within a thousand feet of Girard's gate because the oracle said he would. I could easily see this destroying the phylactery though.

Out of curiosity, in D&D rules would reading an explosive rune right in front of your head destroy your body if you were a level 20 or so liche?

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Cliff Racer posted:

There is no if, he absolutely will make it within a thousand feet of Girard's gate because the oracle said he would. I could easily see this destroying the phylactery though.

Out of curiosity, in D&D rules would reading an explosive rune right in front of your head destroy your body if you were a level 20 or so liche?

It does 6d6 force damage, no save to both the reader and the object.

Unless Xykon is really hurting, he should be fine. I'm not too sure about the phylactery though.

Entertainer13
Apr 25, 2009

Strabo4 posted:

It does 6d6 force damage, no save to both the reader and the object.

Unless Xykon is really hurting, he should be fine. I'm not too sure about the phylactery though.
At the very least, it should propel it into the snarl, and Xy back towards the castle.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Other than time constraints, would there be anything to stop V (or anyone else) from casting Explosive Runes 9 times on the same fortune cookie paper?

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist

Cliff Racer posted:

He's been doing it to Belkar throughout the strip, that's where the repeating "you're reading these words that are about to explode" joke comes from. In terms of the strip, the damage will be negligible. It's just going to disorient and/or push Xykon away.

bison wings fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 6, 2009

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Halloween Jack posted:

Other than time constraints, would there be anything to stop V (or anyone else) from casting Explosive Runes 9 times on the same fortune cookie paper?

I think he could but you'd only be able to read the first one before the others were destroyed by that explosion I guess. And even if it weren't so then I guess you'd stop reading after the first one exploded in your face so just hope you're not a fast reader.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

Affi posted:

I think he could but you'd only be able to read the first one before the others were destroyed by that explosion I guess. And even if it weren't so then I guess you'd stop reading after the first one exploded in your face so just hope you're not a fast reader.

On the other hand, we've just discovered a diabolical trap that only works if the target is a speedreader.

Shavnir
Apr 5, 2005

A MAN'S DREAM CAN NEVER DIE

Cliff Racer posted:

That's already came to pass, he came within a thousand feet of Girard's gate on his way to Azure city.

I'm just hoping the explosion rockets the phaylactery into the rift but we'll see how it goes.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Shavnir posted:

That's already came to pass, he came within a thousand feet of Girard's gate on his way to Azure city.

I'm just hoping the explosion rockets the phaylactery into the rift but we'll see how it goes.

Wait really? How did I miss this, was it in one of the books?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Girard's Gate is on the Western Continent, across the ocean, in the middle of a desert full of illusions. You're getting confused by the prophecy maybe

EDIT: quick link to the Oracle since I have the archives open http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html

Maldraedior fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 6, 2009

Boldor
Sep 4, 2004
King of the Yeeks
I didn't realize Hold Person isn't nearly as powerful as it was in the AD&D computer games, where it was a mass spell. The mass version is now 7th level, not 3rd, and the targets now get to save each round to break the hold.

Also, what with old gags resurfacing, I'm sure all our heroes need to do is jump, and they'll land safely on conveniently located flumphs.

Shavnir
Apr 5, 2005

A MAN'S DREAM CAN NEVER DIE

Maldraedior posted:

Girard's Gate is on the Western Continent, across the ocean, in the middle of a desert full of illusions. You're getting confused by the prophecy maybe

EDIT: quick link to the Oracle since I have the archives open http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html

Ah so THAT'S why his prophecy didn't work as he wanted it to, he didn't know of the gate in Azure city. Nevermind then.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
The real question here is did V's familiar ever try gingko bilboa?

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Raposa posted:

The real question here is did V's familiar ever try gingko bilboa?

Well, V remembered about him for this plan, didn't he?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Maldraedior posted:

I'm bloody confused. How do either of these imply he's been near Girard's gate before?

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

Nilbop posted:

I'm bloody confused. How do either of these imply he's been near Girard's gate before?
Wasn't the point of the whole thing with the Oracle trying to convince Roy to ask him where the lich was going next that Xykon was currently AT one of the two gates that Roy mentioned in his question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

How is it all of you fail at reading comprehension but know 3.5 like the back of your hand?