Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurnsXL
May 1, 2009

Pheener posted:

As Captain Duck said, this was UT2k4, and only in certain maps. It looks pretty cool, though.

This could be Taskmaker, or maybe even Exile. Most likely, though, it's Realmz. Or a couple of other things, really... are you sure it was a normal roguelike? Most of those have all been ported to other systems.

I didn't see an answer to this, but if he's remembering the spiders behind a wall it's definitely Realmz. That was the end tower of one of the free scenarios. This game was kind of fun, I might check it out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurnsXL
May 1, 2009

Oneiros posted:

I'm trying to find a game from the DOS or early Windows era, although I was pretty young at the time so I'm not entirely sure. I remember playing it at my father's office along with Raiden: Call of the Shadows and Privateer.

It was a sort of hybrid point-and-click adventure and fps shooter (navigation similar to Myst, but there were enemies that you could shoot). You started off in a lunar military base and you learn that the Earth has been invaded by aliens. The aliens are controlling the population using ultrasonic waves or something broadcast from their ships. You poke around the base, attend briefings, talk to people, eat, sleep, suit up, and go down to the planet to explore and kick rear end. I remember you get a tank at some point, but I never made it far through the game so I don't know much beyond that.

If anyone can help me with this I would be forever grateful. I've been trying to remember the name for years now.

[edit] It might not have been point-and-click, but movement was definitely restricted (everything took place in linear corridors with 90º junctions and the enemies simply started around a corner at the far end of the hallway and came toward you. The environments may have actually been 3d.

I know what game this is and will help you find it. The name escapes me but I know exactly what it is. I had it, and if I don't come up with it, my brother will. I want to say it starts with an L.

EDIT: It's motherfucking Lunicus - I can't believe I found it. Tell me this is it.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/macintosh/lunicus

Anyway, here is the one game that escapes me. I remember playing it on a PC at my cousin's house when I was 6-10. That would put us around 1989-1995ish. I have always wanted to say it was called Warlock, but I looked that game up and it's not a match.

It's a side-scrolling game with a dark fantasy theme. Each screen is like a level, and there are various obstacles and enemies you have to fight. It merely goes from left to right, and I remember it being absurdly hard. The sprites are all relatively small, like AIM icon sized at the biggest. I want to say the enemies are typical fantasy things, like batches, witches, dark knights, etc.

If anyone knows what this is, or has an idea, please tell me.

BurnsXL fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 5, 2009

BurnsXL
May 1, 2009

Chinook posted:

If someone gets this on their first guess, somehow, I'll poo poo a brick. It sounds like the description of about 1000 games.

It's Realmz.

Trellio
Feb 18, 2007

by Ozma
I'm trying to remember the name of a free PC fighting game that had kind of a community on here a few months ago. It controlled by clicking on clicking on body parts to contract or flex the muscles. The characters basically look like a clump of spheres in a human form.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
That's Toribash.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Hog in the Meadow posted:

Fez?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrVVIVyLx-Y

I don't know anything about it, but that trailer sounds like what you're thinking of.

Sweet, that's the one. Thanks!

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Caution Baby posted:

Trying to recall a PC puzzle platformer from the mid-90s. It had an in-game level editor and the object was to get to the exit. I think it had a yellow main character. You may have had to collect wrenches? There were cave levels and futuristic levels with lasers. I think it had a simple title like Duplo or Zupo or something.(not bluppo)

The game you are talking about has to be Boppin.

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the
I'm trying to remember the name of a free rouge-like 2d space game for the PC. You could do some customization of your ship, upgrading your weapons and guns. I also remember there being some sort of arena that you could go and fight in.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Transcendence maybe?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Does anyone know the name of this game? This pic is from when I used to play it but i can't remember what its called and I can't find the box anywhere. All I know is its over 8 years old.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

e: I have a feeling it has either "Dungeon" or "Dragon" in the title, but not both. Unless its Dragon Dungeon. It was really sandboxy and I had no idea what to do because the quest told you to go places but you had no idea where those places were, so I had to read GameFAQS.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 10, 2009

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Garfu posted:

Does anyone know the name of this game? This pic is from when I used to play it but i can't remember what its called and I can't find the box anywhere. All I know is its over 8 years old.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

friend of the family the Barbarian apparently

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 10, 2009

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ok I think I figured it out on me own. I typed Dungeon into gamespot and went through all the games. I'm pretty sure its Dungeon Lords, but that came out in 2005, and I swear I played it before I went to college, which was in 2003. So who knows.

Ruination_Mk.II
Aug 24, 2007

Execute boot sequence: Ruination ... ... ...
Try this one on for size.

Its an older PC game that plays similarly to myst. I think the gimmick was you were chasing after some dude who stole a time traveling suit... and you had to follow him in yours. I think the suit was called the Pegasus Unit or something. Any ideas?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Ruination_Mk.II posted:

Try this one on for size.

Its an older PC game that plays similarly to myst. I think the gimmick was you were chasing after some dude who stole a time traveling suit... and you had to follow him in yours. I think the suit was called the Pegasus Unit or something. Any ideas?

Probably one of the Journeyman Project games.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Bieeardo posted:

Or Exile.

Red Harvest
Mar 13, 2007

Wait, it's Clint? Well shit.
Here's one for you.

An old arcade side-scrolling beat 'em up, with a classic Chinese theme (Guan Yu, Liu Bei and the like). Played a lot like any other side-scrolling beat 'em up, except you could ride a horse. I know it was available in my local arcade circa 1994 or so.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I played a demo of some obscure game once for the PS2 where you controlled a weasel chained to a rabbit and you were trying to escape from a lab or something. I really want to say that it had a cheesy [1st Character]&[2nd Character] title, ala Jak&Dakter, Ratchet&Clank, but something tells me that isn't right.

I don't have my demo disks anymore, but it was a lot of fun :(

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Played an RTS about 6 or so years ago (possibly more). You were in charge of chinese people and you were able to build Generals that rode horses that did a significant amount more damage. I remember you had to slaughter pigs for meat. Thats pretty much all I remember. Good luck.

Orchestra Hit
May 10, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Garfu posted:

Played an RTS about 6 or so years ago (possibly more). You were in charge of chinese people and you were able to build Generals that rode horses that did a significant amount more damage. I remember you had to slaughter pigs for meat. Thats pretty much all I remember. Good luck.

Battle Realms?

Im Not A Goon
May 10, 2006
One of the games on the first page reminded me of this game...

I think it was fairly popular, but I can't be sure as I was young when I played this. It was on a Windows machine (I think 3.1) and it was kind of like a 3d racer. I believe you were in a space ship of some kind (or a car?) but were on a track and you could shoot other enemies.

I also remember the phrase "Sorry Enforcer... blah blah" spoken by a weird nerdy/creepy guy (although that might be a different game).

There were also boost pads and stuff you could run over. This was not Wipeout.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

CrackSpider posted:

I played a demo of some obscure game once for the PS2 where you controlled a weasel chained to a rabbit and you were trying to escape from a lab or something. I really want to say that it had a cheesy [1st Character]&[2nd Character] title, ala Jak&Dakter, Ratchet&Clank, but something tells me that isn't right.

I don't have my demo disks anymore, but it was a lot of fun :(

That's Whiplash. It's a pretty cool game.

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

Im Not A Goon posted:

One of the games on the first page reminded me of this game...

I think it was fairly popular, but I can't be sure as I was young when I played this. It was on a Windows machine (I think 3.1) and it was kind of like a 3d racer. I believe you were in a space ship of some kind (or a car?) but were on a track and you could shoot other enemies.

I also remember the phrase "Sorry Enforcer... blah blah" spoken by a weird nerdy/creepy guy (although that might be a different game).

There were also boost pads and stuff you could run over. This was not Wipeout.
That sounds a lot like Galaxy 5000, but that was for the NES.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Orchestra Hit posted:

Battle Realms?

I really don't think thats it because the graphics don't look at all how I remember them but that still is pretty much what I described HEH.

Im Not A Goon
May 10, 2006

Thello posted:

That sounds a lot like Galaxy 5000, but that was for the NES.

No, the graphics were quite a bit better then that. I also remember losing a lot because I ran out of fuel or time or something (but that might've been because I was a kid and was awful at it).

edit: I played it at my babysitters house along with Star Wars: TIE Fighter on her computer, so it was somewhere around that time.

double edit: Found it on Wikipedia's Racing Game page... it's MegaRace. I need to find this game again and relive my youth.

Im Not A Goon fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 10, 2009

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Garfu posted:

I really don't think thats it because the graphics don't look at all how I remember them but that still is pretty much what I described HEH.

I think I found it, it was linked on the side on gamespot.com when I searched for battle realms. Its called Fate of the Dragon. So I guess I'm 2 for 2 so far and I didn't even need to post in this thread if I just did some research first. Also both of the games that I couldn't remember either had "Dungeon" or "Dragon"in them... DOUBLE HEH

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Red Harvest posted:

Here's one for you.

An old arcade side-scrolling beat 'em up, with a classic Chinese theme (Guan Yu, Liu Bei and the like). Played a lot like any other side-scrolling beat 'em up, except you could ride a horse. I know it was available in my local arcade circa 1994 or so.

Capcom's Warriors of Fate

Red Harvest
Mar 13, 2007

Wait, it's Clint? Well shit.

snackmar posted:

Capcom's Warriors of Fate

gently caress yes, thank you.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Im Not A Goon posted:

No, the graphics were quite a bit better then that. I also remember losing a lot because I ran out of fuel or time or something (but that might've been because I was a kid and was awful at it).

edit: I played it at my babysitters house along with Star Wars: TIE Fighter on her computer, so it was somewhere around that time.

double edit: Found it on Wikipedia's Racing Game page... it's MegaRace. I need to find this game again and relive my youth.

You'll be disappointed. MegaRace doesn't age very well at all. First game I had on my 486.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Garfu posted:

Ok I think I figured it out on me own. I typed Dungeon into gamespot and went through all the games. I'm pretty sure its Dungeon Lords, but that came out in 2005, and I swear I played it before I went to college, which was in 2003. So who knows.

It definitely is DLords. I'm playing it now with some friends as a LAN game. It's fun, but really buggy with quest triggers and stuff. We had to edit a character with a 3rd-party tool just so we could unbreak some quest stuff to continue the game.

We've discovered that you don't need much barter skill before you can sell stuff back to the trader for 50% more than you paid for it. Oops.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Im Not A Goon posted:

Good news -- Good Old Games has all three MegaRace games for cheap.

MegaRace 1 + 2 package: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/megarace_1_2
MegaRace 3: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/megarace_3

Rock Handsome
Sep 16, 2007
I was hoping someone could help me identify a piece of music from a video game. All I have is the midi file. It sounds like it could be from a Final Fantasy game, but I'm not completely certain.

http://www.northernhighlands.org/71...3360/ffmidi.MID

mixitwithblop
Feb 4, 2009

by elpintogrande
Here's one...

For DOS, circa early/mid 90's.

It was a 2D turn based tactical sci fi game similar to X-Com 1, but you controlled a mercenary outfit of various characters, some alien. Was 2d top down as opposed to isometric like XCom, and came out before it. One of the badguys was an alien race that looked sorta like a preying mantis... and at the end of the game, your 'boss' turns out to be one.

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

I got two games I just can't remember the names of.

1. PC game, played it in 1997 or 1998. It was some surreal psychological game where you were in an old house the whole time, and you accessed your subconscious or something in order to solve some mystery. Now and then you got some bits of information which was represented by a picture of your head with more areas of the brain being unlocked. Very vague but I remember we didn't finish it because it was so dark and confusing.

2. PC game, maybe 1995-1996, my friend had just bought a PC with this game and Phantasmagoria. It was a fantasy game where you moved through scenes (you know like Monkey Island), and the animated parts was rendered in some kind of 3D (which was awesome at the time). The only details I really remember is that there were 3 little pigs or something that followed you. Can't remember if they helped you or not. I think the whole thing ended with some chick/gay guy/dragon at the end. It was also very short.

I've looked through this thread and googled a lot but can't find anything. Halp.

EDIT: Yay I found the first one...went through a list of all games from those years. Turns out it was released 1994 and named Ecstatica. It was awesome, and 2 years before Resident Evil.

And no the first one isn't Darkseed sorry.

Rano Pano fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 10, 2009

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Azure posted:

1. PC game, played it in 1997 or 1998. It was some surreal psychological game where you were in an old house the whole time, and you accessed your subconscious or something in order to solve some mystery. Now and then you got some bits of information which was represented by a picture of your head with more areas of the brain being unlocked. Very vague but I remember we didn't finish it because it was so dark and confusing.

Sounds like Darkseed, but that was 1992.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

mixitwithblop posted:

Here's one...

For DOS, circa early/mid 90's.

It was a 2D turn based tactical sci fi game similar to X-Com 1, but you controlled a mercenary outfit of various characters, some alien. Was 2d top down as opposed to isometric like XCom, and came out before it. One of the badguys was an alien race that looked sorta like a preying mantis... and at the end of the game, your 'boss' turns out to be one.

The only thing close I can think of is "Incubation" but that was in 1997, 3d, and was a Windows game.

Maybe one of he earlier games in that series? Battle Isle? I never played the others so I don't know.

secretplot
Apr 20, 2007
That's MISTER Buns to the likes of you.

Soulcleaver posted:

I played a rail shooter in an arcade a few times in the mid-nineties. It had a sci-fi theme where you fought mechs and robots, but I can't remember much else. The final level had you escaping from a building before a bomb went off, and I didn't make it in time the one time I got that far.

Project Horned Owl? Second PSX game I ever played, after Ridge Racer.

Edit: Oh no, you said arcade. Nevermind. Well, still. That's a good game!

JuSt
A
MaCaRoNi
SaLaD
LoViN'
MaN

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Panic Restaurant posted:

That's Whiplash. It's a pretty cool game.

Awesome, thanks! :)

coinstarpatrick
May 21, 2007

by T. Finn

Im Not A Goon posted:

Ahahaha, I played that game when I was 6 or 7 years old. What a terrible game that seems so great through sentimental eyes.

Ruination_Mk.II
Aug 24, 2007

Execute boot sequence: Ruination ... ... ...

Bieeardo posted:

Hells yeah! That's it, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Okay I've got one. Shareware game, I think, around the era of Apogee games like Hocus Pocus. I could have sworn it was an Apogee game, in fact, but it doesn't show up in Wiki's list of Apogee games. It was a sidescroller for the action bits, but there was a top-down overworld map. I believe either the name of the game or the main character started with an X. I think the story involved being transported to or stumbling across another world or something like that.