Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electro Panic
Aug 2, 2008

by angerbotSD

Ka0 posted:

New ParisStGermain kits

France are getting all the nice kits next season.

I must say, those are both handsome kits. Nike kits are looking v. nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

how many clubs do the Emirates sponsor? They are on Arsenal and Hamburg's kits aswell.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Ka0 posted:

New ParisStGermain kits

Do you know, I've got the strangest feeling that I've seen this one before somewhere...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Trin Tragula posted:

Do you know, I've got the strangest feeling that I've seen this one before somewhere...

different collar style and the sleeves are blue on the Arsenal top. But yeah.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Love that home top.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
PSG always have the nicest shirts, it's a shame they're such a despicable club.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Not the best picture, but slightly better than the last grainy one:

Our kits for this season, really like all 3!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
He looks like he's rapping.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

ibroxmassive posted:

He looks like he's rapping.

"Maaaan City is hot as hell..."

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Yo this is the story all about how
our kits got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how we became the fittest squad in the premier (pronounce like americans do)

In saudi arabia
we found a sheikh
couple billions we had to spend
building a squad
robinho and barry
and that welsh prick too
all in the hopes
that our fans wouldn't boo
when a guy called perez
who was up to no good
started putting bids in for any player half good
we got in one bidding war and our sheikh got scared
he said we're bidding
on players who are mediocre

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

The Mash posted:

Just sit right there
I'll tell you how we became the fittest squad in the premier (pronounce like americans do)

In saudi arabia
we found a sheikh
building a squad
robinho and barry
and that welsh prick too
all in the hopes
when a guy called perez
who was up to no good
he said we're bidding

Not sure whether to tell you this is awesome, or, suggest you have a lot of time on your hands - Think I will go with option 1.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Just got my order from Soccer Triads. Thanks to whomever recommended them in this thread, top notch quality and the shirt got to me after only placing the order last Monday night. A weeks turnaround time from Thailand? Will order from again.

Electro Panic
Aug 2, 2008

by angerbotSD

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Jesus thats a lot of different shirts. Home, Away, Third, GK Home, GK Away, GK Third, 2x training tops?

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

The Mash posted:

Just sit right there

In saudi arabia
we found a sheikh
building a squad
robinho and barry
and that welsh prick too
all in the hopes
when a guy called perez
who was up to no good
he said we're bidding

Pretty solid but I'm disappointed that you didn't choose to substitute Bel-Air with bell-end somewhere in your rhyme.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Electro Panic posted:

Jesus thats a lot of different shirts. Home, Away, Third, GK Home, GK Away, GK Third, 2x training tops?

I think there's a couple of jackets in there too.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I really like the two away kits, but I'm still unconvinced of the home one. It's a little too retro for me, I think. With the collar it kind of looks like a Star Trek uniform.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Kwagga posted:

Pretty solid but I'm disappointed that you didn't choose to substitute Bel-Air with bell-end somewhere in your rhyme.

I had a couple more ideas for changes/expansions after posting it, but once it'd been quoted I felt like I would be betraying my artistic integrity if I changed it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Looks to be a legit leak of the new Fulham kit:

looks like it's also on the same template as Arsenal's away kit for last year, but in black and white. This ad also looks exactly like the already-confirmed Aston Villa away kit ad - and, again, like a Manchester United one for their black-V-striped home kit that's leaked as well.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
Hmmm turns out that Soccer Triads weren't trying to steal all my money because they sent a genuine Spain 09/10 shirt to me within a week for £18 including free delivery. I was assuming I was getting a high quality fake so to actually receive a real top with all the Adidas branded labels attached to it was a nice surprise. Welp time to buy £18 birthday presents for all my friends, claim they cost me £40 and expect a gift of a similar value in return for my birthday thanks Soccer Triads you are surprisingly less evil than your name suggests.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
These are my favorite two that I own:

Left: Creative re-imagining of Portugal's Euro 2004 shirt (see right sleeve). It's a surprisingly good conversation starter.

Right: Barcelona's 2004-2005 third kit. I absolutely love it because it's so unique.

Not pictured: Fiorentina. Real men wear purple.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Russ posted:

Hmmm turns out that Soccer Triads weren't trying to steal all my money because they sent a genuine Spain 09/10 shirt to me within a week for £18 including free delivery. I was assuming I was getting a high quality fake so to actually receive a real top with all the Adidas branded labels attached to it was a nice surprise. Welp time to buy £18 birthday presents for all my friends, claim they cost me £40 and expect a gift of a similar value in return for my birthday thanks Soccer Triads you are surprisingly less evil than your name suggests.

All the fake shirts I get on ebay have the nike or adidas tags and labels too, so tags don't really say much.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Saw the new Liverpool shirt in a shop today. Quite nice in reality, but looks a lot like a training top.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

GutBomb posted:

All the fake shirts I get on ebay have the nike or adidas tags and labels too, so tags don't really say much.

Yeah if a factory can forge a shirt, four pieces of cardboard really aren't that much of a stretch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheNakedJimbo posted:

These are my favorite two that I own:

Left: Creative re-imagining of Portugal's Euro 2004 shirt (see right sleeve). It's a surprisingly good conversation starter.

Right: Barcelona's 2004-2005 third kit. I absolutely love it because it's so unique.

Not pictured: Fiorentina. Real men wear purple.

Man, those might be the worst knock off shirts I've ever seen.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Mickolution posted:

Saw the new Liverpool shirt in a shop today. Quite nice in reality, but looks a lot like a training top.

What?

You mean the black one?

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

I don't want to be the defensive guy arguing that the vast sums of money (£18) spent on a new top was justified but it's quite clearly not a fake. When I think of fake tops I remember the mid-nineties Barca tops that you could buy with no Kappa logo and a crudely written STOITCHKOV 8 in the world's most generic font on the back. The shirts that Soccer Triads sell are a million miles apart from that kind of thing, with Adidad climacool logos stitched into the fabric and laminated, glossy tags advertising the Adidas website attached (because Adidas are the only company in the world with a laminating machine). The quality of the shirt itself is exactly as you would expect from a top bought from JJB or the like.

On further inspection I noticed that there was a single loose thread underneath one of the sleeves, and I'm thinking it's more likely that the shirts on Soccer Triads are cast-offs with tiny, insignificant flaws that failed quality assurance which have been passed off in a dodgy deal or two. My genuine Milan shirt says made in Thailand and the packaging that my new Spain top came in has a Thai postmark on it, so I would assume it's made in the same factory. In Thailand.

If this is a meltdown then I am the world's worst poster because I am too busy making love to my girlfriend while gaining thousands of Xbox achievement points to concern myself with such insignificant matters as whether the shirt I expected to be fake is a knock-off or not. I'm just becoming a SeriousPoster because I was put off from ordering from Soccer Triads for months because I expected to receive a low quality product by paying such a low price and I wouldn't want anyone else to miss out because they expect to get a top which reads Real Madrib for their £18.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICA posted:

What?

You mean the black one?

Yeah. Still not certain what colour is actually is to be honest. It's sort of shiny so that and perhaps the shop lights made it look more like a really really dark green or something. My eyesight's not the best though :)

This one:

Russ posted:

When I think of fake tops I remember the mid-nineties Barca tops that you could buy with no Kappa logo and a crudely written STOITCHKOV 8 in the world's most generic font on the back.

I have one of those somewhere.

I'm not saying what you got is or isn't a fake (frankly, who cares?), but you'd have to imagine that the techniques for making fakes has improved since then.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 11, 2009

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I was close to buying the current (08/09) Liverpool home... but I have the fear. They wont be releasing a new home kit for next season will they?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICA posted:

I was close to buying the current (08/09) Liverpool home... but I have the fear. They wont be releasing a new home kit for next season will they?

I don't think so, we generally go in two season cycles.

Also, if it's full price, it's not being changed. The grey one has been dirt cheap for a few months because it's getting replaced.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Mickolution posted:

I don't think so, we generally go in two season cycles.

Also, if it's full price, it's not being changed. The grey one has been dirt cheap for a few months because it's getting replaced.

They're keeping that horrible green third kit?

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Once in Spain I saw a Sheffield Wednesday fake

A child was once held at gunpoint and forced to work for hours giving all their focus on perfectly stitching Guy Whittingham's name into an obviously knocked-off Shef Wed top with the intention that someone would want to purchase the aforementioned item and be seen wearing it

This actually happened

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Soccer Triads have a special on ManU ECL final tops. If I could live with wearing their kit, I'd order one with FAIL 09 printed on the back.

Pour le Merite
Jan 1, 2006

by Ozma
My main worry with poo poo like Soccer Triads probably isn't whether they sell fakes or are slow to deliver or whatever, it's giving my payment info to a bunch of guys running underground Russian Roulette competitions in opium dens.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Pour le Merite posted:

My main worry with poo poo like Soccer Triads probably isn't whether they sell fakes or are slow to deliver or whatever, it's giving my payment info to a bunch of guys running underground Russian Roulette competitions in opium dens.

That and the fact that they don't have non-fat sizes.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I've bought 4 or 5 shirts from Soccertriads over the past year or so, as have most of my mates. So I wouldn't worry about dodgyness. I also compared my soccertriads Chelsea top with my "real" one and I think Russ is right in thinking that they're just cast offs.

In other news, even Umbro know that the new Hearts kit is really poo poo. They don't want anyone to see it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

for what it's worth, there were "cease and desist" notices like that for the leaked Man City kit pictures that were up on FSC a while ago too.

and I think the Soccer Triads stuff is either cast-offs or, err, fell out the back of the factory, so to speak. Everybody who has ordered here seems to be happy, so I'll give it a go on an Arsenal shirt eventually.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
As much as I want to believe the soccer triad kits are authentic I'm not convinced at these prices. Has anyone that's ordered one compared it against a real authentic their friend has or in a store?

edit: okay they only have medium or xl for every jersey.

calcio fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 12, 2009

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
I haven't bought a Roma kit in years and won't until either they ditch Kappa or they stop making tight form fitting kits. I've let my C.Ronaldo figure morph more into the other Ronaldo :(

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

calcio posted:

I haven't bought a Roma kit in years and won't until either they ditch Kappa or they stop making tight form fitting kits. I've let my C.Ronaldo figure morph more into the other Ronaldo :(

That and their kits haven't really changed enough in the last couple of years to warrant purchasing one. I think the ones from the last 3 or so have been virtually identical except for minor differences.

That being said, I still like their kit (though the sponsor logo is fairly ridiculous).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Irn--Bru posted:

In other news, even Umbro know that the new Hearts kit is really poo poo. They don't want anyone to see it.

I wish they'd gone back with "Hello, we're British, not American. Thank you." I hope FSC are British.

calcio posted:

As much as I want to believe the soccer triad kits are authentic I'm not convinced at these prices. Has anyone that's ordered one compared it against a real authentic their friend has or in a store?

Yes, and it was spot on. I think the most likely answer is that they're from the same factory. See here.

quote:

Some counterfeits are produced in the same factory that produces the original, authentic product, using the same materials. The factory owner, unbeknownst to the trademark owner, orders an intentional 'overrun'. Without the employment of anti-counterfeiting measures, identical manufacturing methods and materials make this type of counterfeit (and it is still a form of counterfeit, as its production and sale is unauthorized by the trademark owner) impossible to distinguish from the authentic article.

I know it's a Wikipedia link, but I've heard of this practice before.