Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

ssjonizuka posted:

Ran the LGT through a wash and snapped a few pics outside the house to get some better pics of the summer wheels.

Nice; are those the Perrin cans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I really like the look of the EKM3's, but two things would keep me from purchasing a set.

1) They're made in China (most of Enkei's offerings, including their OEM wheel designs, are made in Japan)
2) The weight. I think your wheels clock in at around 25lbs each without the tire.

Good looking, though.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Those were my two main concerns as well. I figured this is a daily driver and not a racing or track car or anything so the weight and origin of manufacturing really isn't an issue since I won't be doing anything to stress the wheels.

I really really like the Enkei Nt03+M wheels. Super light and so ugly they are awesome, just a bit expensive like the rpf1's.

e. Does AI have a wheel megathread? Might be cool to start one and give the low down on manufacturers, offsets, etc.

Weezy88 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 9, 2009

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

BabyJesus posted:

Are those the 17 or 18" HFP wheels? Good looking Galaxy Grey :) I was torn between GG, Fiji, Tafetta White, and Fiji.

Those are the 18s, and given my choice the car would have been either Nighthawk Black or Fiji Blue. But I'm really digging the Galaxy Grey, hell I'm really digging the car as a whole. Every time I look at it out the window, I want to run out and go for a drive. I didn't even know how to drive stick before I bought it.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Weezy88 posted:

e. Does AI have a wheel megathread? Might be cool to start one and give the low down on manufacturers, offsets, etc.

I'd like one but I guarantee people would threadshit and call everyone who posted in it ricers, etc.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Bud Manstrong posted:

Nice; are those the Perrin cans?

Megan single tip catback. I LOVE this exhaust. Not loud at all. Came with silencers that I have never put in. I'm sure with a DP it would be louder, but probably not by much.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Weezy88 posted:

adjustable dampening

I see you run JDM coilovers since they seem to get wet a lot. It'd probably be best to not tell owners their suspension have adjustable damping, because most people aren't even smart enough to pick the right word on what their suspension does, less set it up to do anything other than be slammed. You can be assured your can handles slower in an autocross than stock, if you care. If not, its a nice drop, although to me it looks a little too much like vacuum cleaner driving around.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 9, 2009

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
B&G is actually German. Dunno if you seriously don't know what dampening control on a coilover is but w/e.

e. nice edit?

Oh I see now. Lordy forgive me for calling it dampening. That means I don't know what it does!

Like I said previously I do not care about racing or autocross. I did it because I think it looks good.

Weezy88 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 9, 2009

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Weezy88 posted:

Oh I see now. Lordy forgive me for calling it dampening. That means I don't know what it does!

That is pretty much true, certainly so for any Japanese suspension product that uses a word talking about water rather than slowing bumps. Check eBay for a chuckle, dampening in an ad is the mark of true garbage and even the expensive poo poo says it and from what I've read damping and dampening are totally different words in Japanese, and cetainly German.

Anyway, The intracies of compression, rebound, springrate, roll stiffness, bump steer, scrub radius, and all that stuff are completely thrown out the window when lowering a car that much without some serious redesign. You lowered it, don't pretend it will handle better because it will not. I don't give a gently caress if you even have KWs, that car's suspension wasn't designed to run that low and nothing works right at that rideheight.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 9, 2009

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Yes but like I've said many times now I don't give two fucks about any of that. Show me where I said the car handles better. I know I slammed the car. I know the performance actually decreases because of that. I know I'm putting extra strain on my axles. I just don't care because I drive slow, careful, and check my suspension components often for anything that might be hosed up. If it fucks up, I'll get it fixed. I like being low.

I'll have some decent pics of the wheels up soon sorry for this derail.

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Weezy88 posted:

Thanks man, much appreciated.

I waited a while to get wheels because I couldn't find anything I really liked, then I saw these. I knew I wanted a mesh wheel but the only ones I liked were the Work VS-XX and I couldn't justify spending like $800 a wheel on my 19K car. I found these a few weeks ago and fell in love. They only costs about $160 a wheel for 18's, but they are a little on the heavy side. They also make a hyper silver color, but I wanted to keep it stealthy with the dark gunmetal. If they made a gold I probably would have gotten that, though.

I just got back from getting them balanced and I'll have some better pictures later today.

I had considered them myself when I was looking at rims back in January, but found that I liked the Borbet Type LS better. It suits my car better. After I wash that filthy thing I'll get some pictures as well.

Doctor Bud fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 9, 2009

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Yeah Borbet makes some nice stuff. I can't believe I didn't think to check out their lineup when I was looking for mine. The Type LS look great, are they going on a volkswagen or audi?

Weezy88 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 1, 2009

GET EM SLUGGER
Jun 1, 2002

A quick iPhone pic of the new ride.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Weezy88 posted:

Yeah Borbet makes some nice stuff. I can't believe I didn't think to check out their lineup when I was looking for mine. The Type LS look great, are they going on a volkswagen or audi?

Here are some crappy pics with my wide angle. I'll get some better shots of the whole car later, I'm drained right now.

Check out my ghetto pool.

Holy cock, I just got home from work and saw the pictures, your car is LOW.

CONTENT: my car! Snapped this shot at my friend's job on Sunday after a wash and quick detail.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Also, new goody under the hood:

I really need a camera.

Edit: Advan Kreutzer Xi's in 18x8 +48. Had them nearly two years now, I love them. 18lbs each without tires.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 10, 2009

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Those wheels look awesome, are they Advans or the Rota's?

chef
Nov 18, 2001
Sadly, I have to sell my favorite car ever, but at least that means I got to take pictures.

94 Accord EX

No, it's not a modern German dash painted blue but thanks for asking.

Heimlok
Apr 17, 2009
My Lexus IS...

And a little drift.

Click here for the full 919x610 image.

Heimlok fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 11, 2009

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Weezy88 posted:

Breakin' yo tabelz wit my dope pikturez

Hey, maybe you could edit this and put in a picture that doesn't destroy the tables? That would be super.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MikeyTsi posted:

Hey, maybe you could edit this and put in a picture that doesn't destroy the tables? That would be super.

Are you browsing on your cellphone or something? No broken tables here, and I'm running a 10" screen.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

metalhead posted:

Are you browsing on your cellphone or something? No broken tables here, and I'm running a 10" screen.

It was 100 pixels too wide so he got all excited about the rules.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Weezy88 I like the rims and the car looks pretty good low, not usually a fan of really low cars but it works.

I haven't posted my car in a while. So here is the dirty E30 track rat and the VW Caddy. Excuse the mess of pollen on the caddy, I washed it about 4 hours ago and as you can tell there is a bit of pollen in the air. The E30 is without a hood because I just finished up replacing the water pump and gasket which is much easier to do with the hood removed.

Bumper to Bumper...Both with big ol diving boards

Interior Shots
BMW

VW

1981 Volkswagen Diesel Rabbit Pickup/Caddy - Stock bought 6/7/09

1988 BMW 325is - H&R Race spring, Bilstein sport shocks, poly bushing throughout, stripped, PFC pads, Yokohama track rubber on Kosei K1's

The Caddy is so different from the E30 it is nice. Its slow (1.5L diesel with 55hp/75tq 4speed), sloppy and you can't feel the road. The E30 is responsive, fast and you feel every bump.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Thanks man.

I timg'ed the pics.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

ab0z posted:

It was 100 pixels too wide so he got all excited about the rules.

No, the guy posting the Lexus IS is a little too wide, I didn't bitch about that one.

If it's full 1/3rd off of the page, and I have to scroll to read text because of it I get a little bit pissy.

Besides, why is it so loving difficult to read the forum rules and post pictures in 800x600 like it says? I managed to re-size all of my pictures before I posted them, it's not like it's all that loving difficult.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Weezy88 posted:

Thanks man.

I timg'ed the pics.

Thanks a lot man.

By the way, you can re-size images really easily in ms paint if you want to post them in 800x600 instead of using small thumbnails.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
I used irfanview. They were over 1000X1000 before, I use the half button and thought they were 800X600 but they came out a little over. Just didn't feel like re uploading and stuff.

Weezy88 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 1, 2009

Akvj1n
Dec 27, 2003

Communism, the word of G-d.

Was out in a nice setting so I decided to finally take a decent picture of my car. 1998 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition, 75k miles.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Weezy88 posted:

I used irfanview. They were over 1000X1000 before, I use the half button and thought they were 800X600 but they came out a little over. Just didn't feel like re uploading and stuff.

e. few new pics

Your car looks fantastic dumped.

you have the only scion ive ever liked.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
drat Weezy, how do you get around without tearing the front lip off of the car?

Regardless though, looks awesome. I used to run my Hondas low like that but never tucking the front. That look suits the car well IMO.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

GET EM SLUGGER posted:

A quick iPhone pic of the new ride.

So goodbye MS6, I suppose?

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

kill me now posted:

Your car looks fantastic dumped.

you have the only scion ive ever liked.

Thanks man. I know how you feel. A lot, well the majority, of Scions are so riced out, especially tC's. It's like the new Civic. I like it because it's easy to work on and I figure I can have one of the few clean ones around.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

drat Weezy, how do you get around without tearing the front lip off of the car?

Regardless though, looks awesome. I used to run my Hondas low like that but never tucking the front. That look suits the car well IMO.

Thanks. I just drive slow and take my time. A lot of times I have to find alternate routes if the road is hosed or the entrances to places are steep. Always have to ask friends "hows your driveway?" if they want me to go hang out. The tC's look really good low, I don't think I could go back to having any wheel gap. I do have quite a few scrapes under the front lip, and my S pipe and axelback piping is a little digned up :)

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".
Here's my new Cadillac CTS 2005. It's the "Deluxe" model with the sun/moon roof, wood interior, Xeon Lights/Fog Lights and Alumn Mags. It's pretty fun to drive and the previous owner was probably old because the car barely has any use.

The "sport" mode is also pretty fun (the beast has over 250hp) and it can deliver a lot of power in a short time!

Here are some pictures from the dealer since just bought it 3 days ago.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

xenilk fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 15, 2009

Doctor Bud
Jul 25, 2008

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Weezy88 posted:

Here are some crappy pics with my wide angle. I'll get some better shots of the whole car later, I'm drained right now.

Check out my ghetto pool.

LOL they're on a Civic. Still manage to look good though.

Charles L. Fuck
Dec 19, 2007

by Ozma
Hier ist MEINE NEUE PORSCHE

year: 1986
mileage: :iiam:

modz:
  • jdm timing belt
  • clear altezza brake fluid
  • shaved CV joint boot
  • sunroof relay delete
  • angry spider lives in back seat
:c00lbutt:

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Here's my car...

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Doctor Bud posted:

LOL they're on a Civic. Still manage to look good though.

Is there a joke I'm missing here?

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Charles L. gently caress posted:

Beautiful! Looks like I might be trading my E30 for a 944! :coal:

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Akvj1n posted:

Was out in a nice setting so I decided to finally take a decent picture of my car. 1998 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition, 75k miles.

Do you have any pictures of your car that you took while you weren't standing on one foot on a hill? Sheesh, I wish people would stop taking car pictures like that...

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

modz:
  • jdm timing belt
  • clear altezza brake fluid
  • shaved CV joint boot
  • sunroof relay delete
  • angry spider lives in back seat

That's how I described my car at the subaru shootout this weekend.
"What all do you have done?"
"Well, new battery and alternator, beat-up WRX wheels, worn out snow tires. Oh and new wiper blades."

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

D C posted:

Is there a joke I'm missing here?

He was answering my question about the wheels being on an Audi or VW lol.

That Porsche is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

I have just bought (and by that, I mean financed via a credit union) my first car, and I am absolutely thrilled with it. 2001 Corvette convertible, 42k miles, completely stock.

Bought from a dealership in Salt Lake City, UT.

Flew up there, drove it back down to TX (which was incredible fun). Now it's safe, albeit badly in need of a wash, in my garage.